DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

They actually wanted to play the game at 4:30 on Friday before the Norwalk game. Southern Local wanted to as well. The Ohsaa said no. They then asked if they could play earlier on Saturday so that Southern wouldn't get home so late. The OHSAA said no. Kennedy asked to move its game to Saturday due to sharing Mollenkopf with Harding. The OHSAA said no. Good ole OHSAA, always looking out for its member schools.
That really stinks. Situations like this remind me of the OHSAA "we're committed to" statements:
  • Establishing and regulating regular season and tournament standards in order for competition to be fair and equitable.
Kind of ironic how "fair & equitable" is interpreted differently when it comes to tournament ticket revenue.

Considering how many teams are going to travel HOURS in week 8 & 9 to get pounded we really could have had NCAA bracket of games - 1pm, 4pm, 7pm on Saturday to mitigate some of the travel issues. Especially when some divisions are playing on Friday and leaving school early to get to the game.

Would have been just as beneficial for the schools to go holler at brick walls...

How hasn't anyone challenged the ohsaa? It's a bad organization.
Because there’s no where else to go. Sure, you can start your own organization but that would take the same thing the OHSAA needs now which is money. Probably even more money since you would be starting from scratch.

Last edited:
McDonald up 14-6 on Milton but jays driving with 40 seconds till half. McDonald had 2 td’s called back due to holding and a dropped long pass.

I wonder where the St. Paul game will be played because Norwalk has a home game next Friday as well.

I watched a little of the Cuyahoga Hts v. Lucas game and Lucas grass field is impeccable. I love the natural stuff and that field could not look better.

14-14 half. Like a replay of the Reserve game McDonald gets up and let’s an inferior team hang around
McD not the same as week 11 last year. I understand last year is last year but for a team that essentially has last years squad back.. This short season has done them no favors I guess is the excuse.. who knows?

McD not the same as week 11 last year. I understand last year is last year but for a team that essentially has last years squad back.. This short season has done them no favors I guess is the excuse.. who knows?

I agree, last year they improved so much from early in the year and were playing really good in week 11. They have had some injuries on the line but things just haven’t clicked. They show flashes every game

McDonald runs out the clock inside Miltons 5 for a 26-14 win. Penalties absolutely need to be cleaned up for McDonald and defensively they need to get better tackling. Offense played well when they weren’t committing penalties, moved the ball in chunks all night.

Final scores:

#1 JFK 65
Lowellville 33

#2 Lucas 35
CH 0

#3 Leetonia 32
Buckeye Central 16

#4 Dalton 21
Plymouth* 0

#5 Malvern 35
South Central 26

#6 McDonald 26
Jackson-Milton 14

#10 Independence 28
#7 Monroeville 20

Last edited:
All Friday finals are in, week 3 matchups:

Southern/St Paul at JFK
Malvern at Dalton

Independence at Lucas
McDonald at Leetonia

I watched a little of the Cuyahoga Hts v. Lucas game and Lucas grass field is impeccable. I love the natural stuff and that field could not look better.
We just put that new sod down this year. I agree with you it really looked amazing. Bob Wine field, up on that hill, when the leaves are changing color, is one of the best settings for a football game on earth. The view can be breathtaking.

1602957803150.png

Here are their streams for tonight.

Obviously theres still another week but region is playing out as expected...I really think JFK, Dalton, Lucas, and Mcdonald are the 4 best teams here