DVI Coldwater vs New Middletown Springfield Updates - 11/22

Looked like the idea was sound, but Coldwater, namely the punt returner, out-executed the Springfield players. A great players made a play.

My initial thought in seeing that Springfield was punting was for their defense to watch out for something like a hook and ladder following the punt.
Speaking of the hook and ladder. CW attempted it in the first half, one of their many drops.
The odd thing is the jumbo tron, two plays before that, showed a replay of CW running the hook and ladder on like 2016 or so!

They needed to do what ever it took for 2 to it get that punt.. took guts for him to field it and what a return. They kick it out of bounds, CW sits on it and we go OT and I don believe we ever stop 21.

I was hoping for a CW win and when they fell behind 7 with only minutes left I will be honest I changed channels to watch something else. I really thought Springfield had worn down CW and they were just running at will. Should have know better. When will I ever learn?
I thought the same thing...thought....this games over!

Coldwater has given us some unbelievable wins in the state championships with the greatest the year they beat the pro team I mean Mooney. If you would have ask anyone there at the game besides the Coldwater players and I am betting even some of them did not give the Cavs a chance and yet they won. No doubt one of the best coached games I have ever watched.

That
Coldwater has given us some unbelievable wins in the state championships with the greatest the year they beat the pro team I mean Mooney. If you would have ask anyone there at the game besides the Coldwater players and I am betting even some of them did not give the Cavs a chance and yet they won. No doubt one of the best coached games I have ever watched.
That Mooney game wasn't even the best of the season. The 3OT 50 something to 50 something was even better.

Congrats to you StateChampion2012, and your Cavaliers. Win or lose, You're a classy poster. I always enjoy following Coldwater teams, and the only time I don't root for them is when they play my Bluestreaks. Looking forward to baseball already!!
Thank you. And when Springfield got to about midfield on their last offensive drive, I was having nothing but flashbacks from the Archbold game last season.

In my mind, those have always been 1A and 1B for me.
4 of us went to the 3ot 50 something game. My dad and uncle played for coldwater, my brother and me for alter. Unbelevable outcome, so many plot turns. The older krauts had bet beers. They made sure they got their fair share and then some. We recapped it to a faretheewell

That Mooney team was loaded. ...and being a Y-Town Diocese fella (Warren JFK) I was pullin' hard for the Cards and definitely was confident going in. LOL, I think to this day a part of my gut is still on that stadium seat. Made my wife drive home I was so fussy ? Was a fabulous game, tho.

Last edited:

That Mooney team was loaded. ...and being a Y-Town Diocese fella (Warren JFK) I was pullin' hard for the Cards and definitely was confident going in. LOL, I think to this day a part of my gut is still on that stadium seat. Made my wife drive home I was so fussy ? Was a fabulous game, tho.
This game in 07 + the stomping the Cavs put on them in 05 is what cemented Coldwater as a "mythical" program for lots of folks in NE Ohio.

Anyone else who was in attendance, and those watching at home....

Did you see the jumbo tron have a quick replay of a hook and ladder play from a number of years ago, with a Schoenherr the recipient of the toss, and then Coach Otten ran it two plays later!

Was that actually on the telecast? Or maybe just on the jumbo tron in stadium.

It was.......odd. My nephew and I looked at each other and said 'did you see that'? Then the play was ran two plays later!

2007...I agree. One of the greatest games I've ever seen.

That was an epic qtr and a half and ending compared to an epic game.

Yes, tuYCM was talented enough to be the Browns scout team that year, but the game didnt get much spice until mid way through the third QTR.

This year's matchup, in my opinion, was by far the much better game all around. What did I read, 11 ties and lead changes?

Against Kettering? I kinda forget.. I'd like to see that game..anyone have it on video?
Yeah.
Alter.
CW was down 28-7, and 42-21.

The guy who did the video for KA made copies and was selling it for quite awhile. I know a few local places in town who had it for sale. I bought one and sent overseas for my brother to watch and he showed his whole team and loved it.

Yeah.
Alter.

The guy who did the video for KA made copies and was selling it for quite awhile. I know a few local places in town who had it for sale. I bought one and sent overseas for my brother to watch and he showed his whole team and loved it.
I need to find one!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else who was in attendance, and those watching at home....

Did you see the jumbo tron have a quick replay of a hook and ladder play from a number of years ago, with a Schoenherr the recipient of the toss, and then Coach Otten ran it two plays later!

Was that actually on the telecast? Or maybe just on the jumbo tron in stadium.

It was.......odd. My nephew and I looked at each other and said 'did you see that'? Then the play was ran two plays later!
I tried watching the telecast last night and it literally died right before the play and no matter how many times I clicked on then time stamp, it wouldn't show the failed hook and latter

Yeah.
Alter.

I wish I had both games on DVD