Dunbar gets no disciplinary action? Where is the respect the game mantra on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILLKE

So far we have heard nothing about any Disciplinary action to Dunbar. Anyone hear anything from the OHSAA on this

Probably not, OHSAA is 100% useless. It has no teeth and refuses to enforce rules consistently if at all.

So far we have heard nothing about any Disciplinary action to Dunbar. Anyone hear anything from the OHSAA on this

Discipline for schools, from the state, is probably tied into the same discipline philosophy that the education systems have been bribed into by the federal and state governments. An example is Parkland High School. The rule breakers get away with everything as the school administrators fear passing up the discipline quotas. Meanwhile the worst of the worst happens. Discipline and respect are not variables in this equation.

have you heard anything about the player being on disciplinary action as result of that incident? I guess the proof in the pudding will be if he plays tonight

This should lead to a policy that states if you touch an official it is a season long ban. Should be a no tolerance policy. Coaches also. I have seen way to many high school officials touch officials.

its Dunbar's responsibility to handle this. Its not their responsibility to report to us how they handled it.

No. There are specific situations where players are suspended and its not a school decision. Technical in basketball for example. What is bad, I do not think there is an explicit policy that says touch a ref, gone for a year. That needs to be on the books. Maybe one of the rules folks around here knows for sure.

And, we cant trust Dunbar to handle anything correctly at this point.

He got ejected from game...so he's obviously out an automatic 2 games anyway. Could be why there hasn't beeen any info yet, since there's no rush because he can't play anyway
We had a player ejected from a game 2 years ago and he was only suspended for 1 game. Did we miss something?

That kid better not be in uniform. If that guy plays tonight, Milford should pull their team off the field.

Agree 100. This also should a support to try to get this young athlete back on the right path. Suspend him from a year, but someone needs to take him up and get him pointed correctly. The story of I attacked a ref in HS, look at what I become is something to try and attain.

Agreed. Unless it can be proved the rest of the team and/or coaching staff stood around and cheered, or aided and abetted the offender somehow, ban the one knucklehead permanently from any OHSAA-sponsored activity, and move on.
The exception for me would be when bad behavior becomes a pattern, which seems to be the case here.

Not sure why OHSAA would discipline the school in this case. Evidence certainly indicate it is one athlete, and I bet a suspension from OHSAA sports will be forthcoming.

Probably not, OHSAA is 100% useless. It has no teeth and refuses to enforce rules consistently if at all.

They do nothing because they are so afraid of the backlash. OHSAA needs to grow up

When Columbus enforces eligibility rules during the tournament they are made out to be uncaring heathens for penalizing all the kids.

Now they are being made out to be timid and weak for not penalizing all the kids in this situation.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Never once have I ever said anything about OHSAA being uncaring for enforcing eligibility.

I will say that they enforce all rules inconsistently and rarely. Watch out if you "lawyer up" because they cave whenever someone does. OHSAA is a joke, period.

Never once have I ever said anything about OHSAA being uncaring for enforcing eligibility.

I will say that they enforce all rules inconsistently and rarely. Watch out if you "lawyer up" because they cave whenever someone does. OHSAA is a joke, period.

And I never attributed that specific remark to you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

It's the typical damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. People think that they are heavy handed.... People think they are a joke for doing nothing or caving....

Most of them have that opinion without any pertinent facts to support that opinion.

I've learned that pretty much any sob-story argument that attempts to use "the kids" as pawns against the aggrieving party is factually ignorant.

The OHSAA could cure cancer and people would still b*tch and moan about it.

I've lived in other states and it's the same way.

This should lead to a policy that states if you touch an official it is a season long ban. Should be a no tolerance policy. Coaches also. I have seen way to many high school officials touch officials.

I hate black and white policies like that. So if a player player grabs a ref's arm to get his attention when he disagrees with a call should not be the same penalty as a player wearing a helmet headbutting a ref. Sure the player grabbing the arm should be kicked out of the game but should not have to miss the rest of the season. Please allow room for common sense to be used. If you want to change touch to assalt I would be more more likely agree with you policy.

Previous program incidents notwithstanding, the punishment levied on this individual is sufficient, therefore there is no reason for the OHSAA to get involved.
So if a player for the same team did the same thing this week, no action would need to be taken as long as the individual was punished? At some point, the program shares the blame and the sanctioning body has a duty to become involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.