Dublin Jerome

With all of the movement in Dublin currently this job seems to be an interesting one. Who do you think could be on the shortlist?

How much talent does Jerome have, coming back?

They have some solid players coming back and not that is always translates , they have had the best MS feeder teams and Frosh teams of all three Dublin High schools for several years now. Their rising Juniors and Seniors kicked Coffman and Scioto's feeders at younger ages and Frosh team's $ES . Disappointing year to be sure this season , and Geciwich saying that the program was at a crossroads was his way of saying , 'he may be leaving , BUT also that he was disappointed that the team and staff didn't do better . He takes responsibility and is accountable which along with his energy and personality are major strengths which is a big part of why he won the Perry Job beating 70 other candidates . They can beat Coffman this year for the first time in their shorter history { Only played 5 times } and win 6-7 games may be if they keep some of the same staff and place the right guy in the big seat.

Schedule

At Perrysburg - They have a new guy as well, I know they have a really good RB but not sure what they have overall, competitive toss-up

Whitmer - Whitmer was a bit down this season but with Covid it's hard to tell for many programs - Not sure what they have

Shaker Heights - My guess this was Geciwich getting this game with a school from close to his home growing up [Euclid } Whitmer - SH at home should be at least one win out of the two.

AT Coffman - 2013 replay when it came down to a late FG for Coffman and Coffman blocking Jerome's attempt to win it at the gun ? Steve Kidwell was a beast in that one for Jerome John McGue 37 yarder with 3 and a half left and Safety Reagan Malas Block of Jerome 40 something attempt { kid had the leg } ended it . Should be a packed house { fingers crossed } and great atmosphere as usual with Jerome's best chance since the aforementioned 2013 classic .

Grove City - WIN

At Ye Olde TW - WIN

Marysville - Powers back , but they lost a lot, , I think it's competitive , but edge M-Ville?

AT Berlin - Hmm not sure

Olentangy - Beat them this year, in probably their best game of the season . Tangy loses a crapload of key guys . Edge Jerome ?

At Darby - Not sure , Darby always difficult team to play due to style { Played PC very well for a half } Not sure what they have back . 500 at worst? 6 win ceiling ?[ 7 seems too optimistic }

Last edited:
They have some solid players coming back and not that is always translates , they have had the best MS feeder teams and Frosh teams of all three Dublin High schools for several years now. Their rising Juniors and Seniors kicked Coffman and Scioto's feeders at younger ages and Frosh team's $ES . Disappointing year to be sure this season , and Geciwich saying that the program was at a crossroads was his way of saying , 'he may be leaving , BUT also that he was disappointed that the team and staff didn't do better . He takes responsibility and is accountable which along with his energy and personality are major strengths which is a big part of why he won the Perry Job beating 70 other candidates . They can beat Coffman this year for the first time in their shorter history { Only played 5 times } and win 6-7 games may be if they keep some of the same staff and place the right guy in the big seat.

Schedule

At Perrysburg - They have a new guy as well, I know they have a really good RB but not sure what they have overall, competitive toss-up

Whitmer - Whitmer was a bit down this season but with Covid it's hard to tell for many programs - Not sure what they have

Shaker Heights - My guess this was Geciwich getting this game with a school from close to his home growing up [Euclid } Whitmer - SH at home should be at least one win out of the two.

AT Coffman - 2013 replay when it came down to a late FG for Coffman and Coffman blocking Jerome's attempt to win it at the gun ? Steve Kidwell was a beast in that one for Jerome John McGue 37 yarder with 3 and a half left and Safety Reagan Malas Block of Jerome 40 something attempt { kid had the leg } ended it . Should be a packed house { fingers crossed } and great atmosphere as usual with Jerome's best chance since the aforementioned 2013 classic .

Grove City - WIN

At Ye Olde TW - WIN

Marysville - Powers back , but they lost a lot, , I think it's competitive , but edge M-Ville?

AT Berlin - Hmm not sure

Olentangy - Beat them this year, in probably their best game of the season . Tangy loses a crapload of key guys . Edge Jerome ?

At Darby - Not sure , Darby always difficult team to play due to style { Played PC very well for a half } Not sure what they have back . 500 at worst? 6 win ceiling ?[ 7 seems too optimistic }

Been hearing for years that Gecewich wanted a separate weight room/facility for football but the school/boosters wouldn't sanction it. Jerome is my opinions could be really good for a number of years they just need to get someone who can take them from good to great. This offseason is wild already so I could imagine the names that could be tossed around.

Have to watch a few other Rocks highlights of other sports to see them , but some footage of that late FG from Mcgue and Malas's block are included from 2013 .

Just at a quick glance... Darby loses Connor Jones (BIG loss there), but Blake Horvath returns for a senior year. I think the downstream classes were looking pretty decent. Darby hasn't had a losing season since 2009 (4-4 last year), and I suspect they have a decent shot to maintain that streak in 2021. Darby and Coffman frosh were supposed to have a contest late last season. Do you know the outcome? FWIW, I checked MaxPreps, and they had scores for 6 of the Darby frosh games, which had them going 5-1, with a 3 point loss to Marysville.

Last edited:
With the growth in the district out towards Jerome does anyone think they have a chance to overtake Coffman as top dog?

With the growth in the district out towards Jerome does anyone think they have a chance to overtake Coffman as top dog?

The administration/community support seems to heavily favor Coffman especially in football. Have a hard tome seeing this, for a year or two maybe. Long term? I doubt that.

Yes it’s possible numbers wise as you said . Coaching situations going forward will help determine this of course . Jerome is about the same size now and will be bigger somewhat soon

Is there anybody in house that makes sense? Or now that Crabtree has left maybe a Coffman assistant that may want to head over to Jerome and shake things up a bit?

Is there anybody in house that makes sense? Or now that Crabtree has left maybe a Coffman assistant that may want to head over to Jerome and shake things up a bit?
Theres a couple of guys that have been around a few years at jerome. Maybe Zip Duncan possibly but I could see either an outsider come in or an assistant at coffman(whoever that might be).

I believe Scioto's OC teaches social studies at Jerome. He has been on Scioto's staff since he played at Scioto and at BGSU.
interesting...could be a good choice for the celtics. Kind of weird that Jerome hasn't had an alumni come back and take over yet.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to that Jackson (might have the wrong name here) guy? His name was thrown around quite a bit when Gecewich was getting hired. Is he even still in the area?

Whatever happened to that Jackson (might have the wrong name here) guy? His name was thrown around quite a bit when Gecewich was getting hired. Is he even still in the area?
ahh Kevin Jackson, last I heard was that he was teaching/coaching middle school football down in Nashville.

follow what they do not what they say

I put that name out there last week because he retired a bit early like Crabtree did {56 } took the assistant job right away at Bradley and has two kids living in the area teaching in the Hilliard schools . AHM said Mr. Triv wasn't interested fwiw. People change their minds sometimes . He wouldn't have to do a total rebuild of the program AS A WHOLE although it is a rebuild of sorts in the immediate future. The one thing he would have is a QB . as I think Maggs has a lot of potential as a first year starting QB. May be he is happy at Bradley . They have some good younger talent , but they need a QB to step up after Mirgon.

I put that name out there last week because he retired a bit early like Crabtree did {56 } took the assistant job right away at Bradley and has two kids living in the area teaching in the Hilliard schools . AHM said Mr. Triv wasn't interested fwiw. People change their minds sometimes . He wouldn't have to do a total rebuild of the program AS A WHOLE although it is a rebuild of sorts in the immediate future. The one thing he would have is a QB . as I think Maggs has a lot of potential as a first year starting QB. May be he is happy at Bradley . They have some good younger talent , but they need a QB to step up after Mirgon.
Coach trivissono has no interest in being the head coach at Coffman. I should have clarified.

Coach trivissono has no interest in being the head coach at Coffman. I should have clarified.

Probably because Coffman would understand the logisitics of hiring a dude that close to the end. They likely want another run like Crabtree’s. Whether people like it or not the movement is not hiring retired teachers/coaches. The game is always changing and a district of that quality might not want an older coach there because he has a “name” and let him cash checks on his retire/rehire. If you are referring to Jerome, him being hired there would seem like something they would do but likely would seem crazy to most logical minds at a district of that quality. They will probably have their pick of several proven coaches who aren’t retired. I mean would they hire Crabtree? Obviously he’s not interested but same type of coach these guys are not on the back 9 of their careers they are in the clubhouse. Also, Triv coached at Mentor for a long time and that is a football school, is a man his age going to be able to build up a program without having many if any assistants in the building? Jerome isn’t just hiring coaches as teachers to help the football coach out like at other schools. Is he going to try to be “CEO” type coach like he was at Mentor? He got back into X’s and O’s at Bradley and a quick google search could tell you how potent (or lack there of) he was as an coordinator. Obviously, could work for a few years and they could win with mild success (Mentor talent is not at Jerome) but will it work for 5-10 years? Doubtful.

Last edited:
i may be off but I remember before Gecewich they had something like 90 applicants

Don't remember anything about any numbers there , but Perry had over 70 with Geciwich winning out. Anyway , many who apply realize they have little chance , but if they get in the room for an interview that is kind of a win . How many get interviews is what I am curious about .

Don't remember anything about any numbers there , but Perry had over 70 with Geciwich winning out. Anyway , many who apply realize they have little chance , but if they get in the room for an interview that is kind of a win . How many get interviews is what I am curious about .

Curious of how many get interviews as well and does every interviewed candidate for both jobs have head coaching experience besides Crager?

Interesting that some schools/areas get excited over the numbers of applicants they get for a position. The true number that is important, is how many quality/qualified applicants they get. I'm sure both Dublin schools will get plenty of quality applicants and that is far more important than how many applicants they receive. Coaches apply/interview/reject offers/accept offers for a myriad of reasons. Good luck to both schools! As a resident in the area, I would like to see both do well and see great community support for both! High School Football is one of the foundations for us to create strong, high character, accountable, respectful, young people who can persevere through adversity and handle success! Good luck Dublin schools!