Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

The culture in Mercer Co and the culture around Central Ohio is way, way, way different. This Covid stuff is a perfect example - it doesn’t exist in Mercer Co society and they’ve been in school 5-days a week (a lot of schools are masks optional) since August. Mercer Co people just have a way different way of living life (and it’s not a bad thing) and tend to cut the crap. There are very, very few “Karen’s” in Mercer Co.

Minster is not Mercer County, Minster is Auglaize County

how do you know the person is from Minster... but i do think some of the district might be Mercer county.. and darke, and shelby....
Their profile says their favorite high school is Minster! So they may, or may not, be from there. But alas, I’ll seize the opportunity to crack a joke.

How are things going so far with the new coach? I was surprised by the hire, but I think it was the right choice. Stokes is a good coach.

This will be interesting to see how his staff fills out. Wonder how many guys from the old staff will be staying on, or who he tries to bring. Dublin isn't a district (or so it seems) that hires assistant coaches to teach in the building. Almost seems that is not the norm now-a-days.

how do you know the person is from Minster... but i do think some of the district might be Mercer county.. and darke, and shelby....
To be honest, I've always thought of Minster being more in common with Mercer County than with Auglaize.

More honestly, I would lump northern Mercer and Auglaize counties together (Rockford, Celina, St, Warys, Wapakoneta, Waynesfield) and the south of those two counties together (Fort Recovery, St. Henry, Coldwater, Marion Local, Minster, New Bremen, New Knoxville).

This will be interesting to see how his staff fills out. Wonder how many guys from the old staff will be staying on, or who he tries to bring. Dublin isn't a district (or so it seems) that hires assistant coaches to teach in the building. Almost seems that is not the norm now-a-days.
Most small school staffs are unwilling to move from the towns where they live and work. Stokes has a couple of members of his Minster staff who are not locals, so they might come along, but the majority will stay in Minster.

Plethora of teaching positions posted by the district last week for all levels. Will be interesting to see if any former assistant Minster/Jonathan Alder Staffers land teaching positions in the district.

I’ll be posting a bit tomorrow about the hire as the dust has settled a bit .( nine to see some new posters even if slightly squabbling lol). But until then. Dock what do you think of the hire ?
It's a fine hire. Stokes is a really good coach. Beyond W's and L's, X's and O's, a "good hire" comes down to what a coach can do in terms of culture-building. With Coffman, though, he's inheriting one hell of a tradition and in situations where a great coach steps down there are heightened expectations that the program doesn't skip a beat with the 'handing off of the keys.' Stokes is definitely a coach who will rise to the occasion, though.

I don't know enough about the in's-and-out's with Crager and to make a judgment on the "what if?" question had they gone with him instead. I do know that he is well-liked and his credentials as a long-time assistant would've put him in a rare position of being a very attractive "in-house" hire.

(P.S. -- I'm just glad that Coffman went about the publicity of the coaching-search process in the manner they did. Down here in Lancaster, it was dreadful to read the PR spectacle 'n hype-generation being drummed up with the principal and AD saying "the applicants have 69 years of experience, 443 wins, 32 conference titles, 10 undefeated regular seasons and 28 playoff appearances combined" only to end up hiring the former coach from Groveport that everyone knew from the beginning was going to be hired. Embarrassing.)

Plethora of teaching positions posted by the district last week for all levels. Will be interesting to see if any former assistant Minster/Jonathan Alder Staffers land teaching positions in the district.
Also saw that. You'll be able to see right away if the district really wants to win in football if they can get his guys in the building. I know Upper Arlington does not hire coaches in the building and the HS rarely supported coaches, and maybe a sign they've been on 3 coaches in 4 years.

Also saw that. You'll be able to see right away if the district really wants to win in football if they can get his guys in the building. I know Upper Arlington does not hire coaches in the building and the HS rarely supported coaches, and maybe a sign they've been on 3 coaches in 4 years.

Coffman and Dublin in general 'wants to win " in pretty much everything . Football included. Very successful athletic program that wins in many sports and has a winning culture overall . Most also take pride in the fact that most of the student- athletes 'Win" academically as well , as most of the MAC conference and Minster does as well.

Coffman and Dublin in general 'wants to win " in pretty much everything . Football included. Very successful athletic program that wins in many sports and has a winning culture overall . Most also take pride in the fact that most of the student- athletes 'Win" academically as well , as most of the MAC conference and Minster does as well.
That is awesome to hear.

the Assistant coaches at UA, aren't teachers at the school?

last year Minster was voted( not sure how they came up with it) by Maxpreps of having the most successful Athletic programs in the entire state of ohio.... no matter what size the school , since 2017.....

last year Minster was voted( not sure how they came up with it) by Maxpreps of having the most successful Athletic programs in the entire state of ohio.... no matter what size the school , since 2017.....

That’s awesome . Coffman has had a ton of success overall in girls and boys sports in D-1 for quite a while . I am sure Minster has more state titles as a athletic program . All due respect but it’s a bit harder to win them at the larger school levels (. Larger Catholics and large public’s with other advantages ).

Harry your wrestling program is on a completely another level in central Ohio, no one is even close. 3 straight district tiles, 5 or 6 straight OCC titles, 3rd in the state duals the best ever by a CD team and finish 4th this year at state. Heck the varsity b team the past three years beat was really good.

Harry your wrestling program is on a completely another level in central Ohio, no one is even close. 3 straight district tiles, 5 or 6 straight OCC titles, 3rd in the state duals the best ever by a CD team and finish 4th this year at state. Heck the varsity b team the past three years beat was really good.

Yes this is true , Van Gundy is an incredible coach , and once he got everyone on board { kids AND parents who are already pushing their kids as it is } and his talent and his coaching expertise that pulls in others in { parents who know the academic reputation of Coffman and Dublin schools and the program benefits } ? Greatness occurs . It took Chance a few years , but this guy is REALLY that good and this has attracted that extra level of commitment and trust from the kids and wants others to be a part of it . Yes to some others as is the case in some other sports {boys and girls } sometimes developing excellence means that otherwise worthy letter earning athletes[ At other schools } are left on the outside looking in ?

When Rick Pitino took over as the coach and head honcho of all basketball operations for the Boston Celtics 23 years ago , he famously said " Larry Bird isn't walking through that door" Kevin McHale isn't walking through that door" and Robert Parish isn't walking through that door" 'And if you are expecting that , they are going to be old and gray ". He went on for a bit longer and intimated that 'His team was going to be young energetic and work hard. He proceeded to make more excuses in case he failed that the city itself was too negative and that suks .

I really doubt new coach Geron Stokes will utter something like ' Bryon Threats isn't walking through that door" " Hammond Russell isn't walking through that door" or Devon Williams and Daniel Warnsman aren't walking through that door" He won't preface his tenure making excuses . The doors those aforementioned talented kids will walk through will be in Cincinnati , Minneapolis , Morgantown , and Ypsilanti , adn all of them will do well and start sooner or later at those respective places. Oh yeah the first team all state kicker Casey Magyar will be walking through the door in Kent Ohio and will be their kicker for a few years and as will the others leave college with zero debt .

Stokes has a big challenge in front of him . High expectations and a really good and talented Senior class is leaving before he gets to meet them or coach them . Coaching isn't an easy gig at any level , but as my Grandmother used to say , ' Rich or poor , 'it's better to have money ". Or at least be " Good " with money which all of her kids were as adults. In coaching , it's always better to have good talent. The happiest people don't have the best of everything" 'They make the best of everything".

Assembling a staff is key. I think it appears he wants to keep a few Crabtree staff holdovers, and at all levels of football this is a smart move. Good NFL and College coaches employ this strategy routinely. It helps with the transition as they know the kids better obviously. They help with logistical things and traditions. I think a new coach should embrace certain traditions that have existed and acknowledge them . Of course he will mold and shape the program in his vision and be himself and change things as time goes by .

It's kind of an awkward time over on Coffman road . Successful 20 year coach steps down , thinks he is handing the controls off to his top assistant and the program will go on in a similar path and sensibility . As they have to , they take interviews, , the do a 'search " , who is interested ? Lets look at what these guys have done ? Who do want to lead us in the next decade ? Do we need to shake things up a bit ?

I had a few names from sources that may be interested and or interview. About handful . Most ended up being correct , a couple apparently didn't end up interviewing or applying . Less than a week before they pretty much hired Stokes { Not officially} I got his name and did a deep dive into what he was all about. I knew the name and also knew that Minster started winning pretty big soon after he got there . As I have said before I know a family {Not the Ernst's } originally from Minster who moved here about 15 years ago . I was told how good this guy was by a guy I talk to occasionally , as the guy still followed his alma mater and I remember talking with him that week . So when his name came up ,I knew who he was but didn't really know much of the story except that he was pretty young .

So I did some research over a few days and was blown away quite frankly . I stated in this space that this individual would be extremely hard to NOT HIRE . If he doesn't apply and want the job? Curtis Crager is "probably " the coach right now. Sometimes a guy is just that good and you can't pass him up when he comes along. I think no matter the amount of talent and the Rocks lose a lot of it this year , the team will perform to it's potential and the kids will be better for having this guy leading them . He will have a very good QB . The Coffman QB pipeline hasn't taken a back seat to any schools stream . After Maggs I don't know if that stream dries up or not, but I do know that Stokes is very good in developing QB's and that any aspiring QB would get a lot out of themselves being coached by him .

His approach is all about process , preparing , and letting the results work themselves out from their. It's about improvement and getting as many players as possible to be the best version of themselves regardless of talent . Purposeful intentional and focus on constant improvement. Taking action . Practice hard , develop mental and physical toughness that will translate to future success well after they are done playing which for many is once their last HS game ends.

Win or lose , the kids will get a lot out of the experience and be better for it . All of us who have played sports have things that our coaches ingrained in us that we still use and think about today. We have had bad teachers whose influence was negative . We have had some coaches that really inspired us and some who didn't at all. I was fortunate to have mostly very good to great coaches growing up . From little league on up .Some future hall of fame guys . A couple legends . Not many days go by that I don't think about or remember something they said or did or how it impacted me. High school sports is a blip of time in our lives , College sports as well , it comes and goes very quickly . But what doesn't end quickly is the lessons learned , the growth , and the memories . The blood sweat and yes tears once in a while . Kind of corny I suppose but when it's all said and done , the experience is really just about those things.

Coffman got a gem here. He will have a positive impact on the kids who play for him just as Coach Crabtree's staff had on the kids for the last 20 years as there are so many really good capable successful and quality adults who have gone through the program . Like Minster the overall athletic program at Coffman is top notch . For most sports expectations are high . Hard work , focused improvement , and effort is expected and demanded . Stokes will fit right in and be a positive force in the building and will be a positive and beneficial force for a lot of people .

This I believe is why he was hired . Welcome coach Stokes , this is a great community , one I hope you embrace . I know he commuted to Minster from Urbana which was an hour away . Urbana is may be about 50 minutes to an hour from Dublin . Will he continue to commute two hours a day ? I hope not .

Last edited:
Having expectations was something we were discussing. High bars aren't always cleared , but if they aren't set high the results will almost surely lag. Creating an environment that is conducive to achieving and reaching goals and performing at a high level is key. Being on the same page and all concerned sharing this purpose will result in success.

The following is the Dublin City schools Mission statement . High expectations are a staple in the community. Expecting them to do so is the operative phrase. Same type of expectations on most athletic fields and in other activities

We believe that all students can and must learn at high levels of achievement. It is our job to create an environment in our classrooms that results in this high level of performance. We are confident that, with our support and help, students can master challenging academic material and we expect them to do so. We are prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents to achieve this shared educational purpose.

That's a wrap for the winter season as the spring season is now underway with games happening for the first time in two years . Winter season was successful overall led by the wrestling team who came in 3rd the state D-1 duals and 4th as a team in the individual state tournament . Some pegged the Shamrocks as potentially grabbing second behind the big bad wolf and juggernaut St Ed's .

Seth Shumate won his second title at 195 to lead the way , as he is one of the top few 195 pounders in the country. If not for COVID, he might be going for a rare 4th state title next year. Ohio State commit. 9 Rocks qualified for the meet as they won their third straight district title{ by a lot} . Frosh Omar Ayoub took second at 113 . In a neat Dublin vs Dublin state final , Omar lost a close decision to Scioto's Ty Wilson who he had beaten twice in recent weeks . Hats off to Wilson who stormed through the tourney peaking at the right time . Omar will get here again.

Brother Ismael a Junior at 126 lost a close decision earlier on and ended up with a 5th place finish . A top 2-3 guy at that weight most of the season . 132pound Frosh Ethan Birden also a top 3 guy most of the year finished 5th . He will have a few more chances and is definitely a champion caliber competitor .

Senior 138 Jimmy Baumann who missed the podium by a sliver as a Sophomore unfortunately missed out again going 1-2 . Junior 160 pounder Dez Gartrell grabbed a good result placing 5th . 182 pound Junior Mitch Broskie missed out placing as well going 1-2 . Mitch will be a key returning starter on defense for the football team at LB . Will likely play at a bit over 200 pounds and is a tough as nails physical player and big hitter . A playmaker . Always around the action .

285 Riley Ucker who was at 220 last year lost both his matches going at the big boys . In the real good story category 220 Senior Michael Blocker grabbed 7th . Blocher unlike some of his more decorated teammates who have been top ranked kids from a young age and have held their own of thrived at more National and regional competitions, Blocher started out with more modest expectations and wasn't a young phenom .

It has been said by the sharper wrestling guys who know more than I do , that 220 wasn't a deep of particularly strong weight class . Doesn't matter , Blocher reaching the podium is a big deal . Awesome result .

7 of the 9 state qualifiers return. There are a few quality wrestlers who didn't quite make the starting line-up who will step in and do well . Next year will be very interesting . Van Gundy has the program real close to where he envisioned it a few years ago . Great staff , and kids who want to be great and improve . A real brotherhood in the room . Expectations will be really high .

Girls hoop had an outstanding season going 22-2 , losing in the Regional final to an excellent Newark team at the buzzer . Newark lost to powerhouse Mount Notre Dame { 8 titles } in the title game after beating Hoban comfortably in the semifinal. Newark lost a heartbreaker as their open corner three at the buzzer just missed for the win. Rocks signature win was beating a very talented Reynoldsburg club in the regional semi by 3 points with Star Sophomore Jenna Kopyar burying a three late and Junior Taylor Covington calmly making two free throws . Back story was Reynoldsburg Junior star Imarianah Russell who transferred from Coffman last year.

Rocks were an excellent team as it was but having Russell who played with these kids growing up and was the star of a great Sells MS team would they have been state title worthy ? They weren't far off this year without Russell . Different modus operandi for sure though and it was a real team with great chemistry . Ball movement , making the extra pass , having kids with different strengths , unselfishness , and a team with multiple kids who can flat out shoot the basketball . Game has really changed over the last handful of years at all levels with so many more players being ab le to make the long range 3's . This has trickled down to the Girls HS level .

Russell's three to tie it and send it in to OT just missed and the Rocks had a HUGE win setting themselves up to go after Newark who they gave aa really tough game. In both games in the regional it was really impressive that they were down double digits in both games and came back to win a close one and lose a close one to really good teams. Like the wrestling team they have a loaded cast returning. Team had only two Seniors and only one in the regular rotation sharp shooter Kenzie Bicking who came off the bench . Reynoldsburg is loaded and returns all of their players as well . Newark is Newark , Look for these same programs to get to the regional and battle it out. Rising Juniors Kopyar and Tessa Grady willlead the way and have major college potential .

Boys hoops wasn't as strong as the girl team and lost in the district semi by one point to R-Burg . They weren't getting by Gahanna the next game anyway but it was a tough loss . Junior AJ Sheldon was a stud averaging over 20 a game as he carried a big load. He is a D-1 talent and has a great feel for the game can score and competes his butt off . His sister is former all state performer Jacy who starts in the backcourt at Ohio State . Senior Kobe Buford { 6-4 } who played at Worthington Christian was in Dublin schools through 8th grade before transferring to UA then to WC. Soph. Gavin Headings { similar size } transferred to Pick Central after being in Dublin growing up and playing at Coffman as a Frosh and 6-5 Junior Daviyon McDonald who is still at Coffman and played well in the fall with the team didn't play this season {not sure why } so the lack of size hurt not having two of the kids who had some and good skill as well in the fold hurt. Buford went to UA leaving Dublin so he never was on the team . Rocks were a couple players away and they weren't with the team for different reasons. Headings was on the varsity at PC but he would have gotten more minutes at Coffman.

Girls swimming who had won the D-1 Team title last season as that sport finished just before COVID wreaked havoc finished 4th in the D-1 this season. Senior Ellie Andrews finished her stellar career with another individual title and a second place finish . She was huge last year in the title season and is heading to Austin to swim for Texas . Big story and a breakout story was Frosh Emily Brown winning two individual titles and being part of a second place relay team as well .

Coffman is the defending { 2019 , no season last year} D-1 lacrosse champs as that 2019 team was special . Ranked third in the Midwest that year the Rocks only lost to powerful Brother Rice from the Detroit area. { beat top Southern region team from NC } . Huge Senior class who had sniffed greater success as younger players , [Lost to powerful St Ignatius in OT in a state semi as Juniors . Got over the hump by beating both Iggy [ by a handful in the Semi } and then defending champ and powerhouse ST X in the final bagging the programs first state title . A handful of that class is playing in college with Evan James at Loyola MD and Nick Harris at Notre Dame most notably . ST X was the team to beat last year but the season didn't happen. Team off to a good start .

Speaking of excellence two former Rocks were All Americans in track this winter . Kentucky Junior Abby Steiner may be the most highly decorated girls Sprinter in Ohio HS history won the national 200 meter title and is a world class runner who can get to the Olympics . BYU Frosh Mile runner Lucas Bons made the finals in that race { did a Mormon mission } and while he finished in the back of that finals race he notably and incredibly lowered his best time by a whopping 13 seconds .He has the second fastest time in BYU history . Look for big things from him going forward as he just got back into the fold after completing his mission . Steiner who was a wunderkind sprinter from a younger age and who I saw playing soccer for years { by far the fastest girls soccer player I have seen } and saw sprint in HS was also a D-1 Soccer player who played her Frosh year at UK but when you have this level of all world speed and Olympics potential ? You go with that don't you? Of course . Don't be surprised t see her on the big screen at the Olympics .

She also came back from a torn ACL which she suffered at a National Soccer camp Pre Junior year . As a Frosh at Coffman Bons along with his older brother was part of the Coffman 4 by 800 relay teams state title . In Bons Junior year I witnessed one of the guttiest efforts I had seen in person at a HS track meet . One of those performances that just kind of stands out and stays with you . The OCC Central meet 4 by 800 final , with Davidson having the top group that was loaded . Lucas running anchor was really far behind the Davidson kid and it looked over really. But a furious kick and incredible effort made for a dramatic ending with the Davidson kid barely hanging on . One of those times you just WOW to yourself . That type of effort and heart is what it's all about isn't it ? I felt glad I got to witness it really . He showed that same heart when he used that same kick to barley secure a place in the NCAA final this season which I also saw { on TV} . That type of effort and finish got him to the final 8 in the country and the mile final and to All American status . Great stuff .

Last edited:
When Rick Pitino took over as the coach and head honcho of all basketball operations for the Boston Celtics 23 years ago , he famously said " Larry Bird isn't walking through that door" Kevin McHale isn't walking through that door" and Robert Parish isn't walking through that door" 'And if you are expecting that , they are going to be old and gray ". He went on for a bit longer and intimated that 'His team was going to be young energetic and work hard. He proceeded to make more excuses in case he failed that the city itself was too negative and that suks .

I really doubt new coach Geron Stokes will utter something like ' Bryon Threats isn't walking through that door" " Hammond Russell isn't walking through that door" or Devon Williams and Daniel Warnsman aren't walking through that door" He won't preface his tenure making excuses . The doors those aforementioned talented kids will walk through will be in Cincinnati , Minneapolis , Morgantown , and Ypsilanti , adn all of them will do well and start sooner or later at those respective places. Oh yeah the first team all state kicker Casey Magyar will be walking through the door in Kent Ohio and will be their kicker for a few years and as will the others leave college with zero debt .

Stokes has a big challenge in front of him . High expectations and a really good and talented Senior class is leaving before he gets to meet them or coach them . Coaching isn't an easy gig at any level , but as my Grandmother used to say , ' Rich or poor , 'it's better to have money ". Or at least be " Good " with money which all of her kids were as adults. In coaching , it's always better to have good talent. The happiest people don't have the best of everything" 'They make the best of everything".

Assembling a staff is key. I think it appears he wants to keep a few Crabtree staff holdovers, and at all levels of football this is a smart move. Good NFL and College coaches employ this strategy routinely. It helps with the transition as they know the kids better obviously. They help with logistical things and traditions. I think a new coach should embrace certain traditions that have existed and acknowledge them . Of course he will mold and shape the program in his vision and be himself and change things as time goes by .

It's kind of an awkward time over on Coffman road . Successful 20 year coach steps down , thinks he is handing the controls off to his top assistant and the program will go on in a similar path and sensibility . As they have to , they take interviews, , the do a 'search " , who is interested ? Lets look at what these guys have done ? Who do want to lead us in the next decade ? Do we need to shake things up a bit ?

I had a few names from sources that may be interested and or interview. About handful . Most ended up being correct , a couple apparently didn't end up interviewing or applying . Less than a week before they pretty much hired Stokes { Not officially} I got his name and did a deep dive into what he was all about. I knew the name and also knew that Minster started winning pretty big soon after he got there . As I have said before I know a family {Not the Ernst's } originally from Minster who moved here about 15 years ago . I was told how good this guy was by a guy I talk to occasionally , as the guy still followed his alma mater and I remember talking with him that week . So when his name came up ,I knew who he was but didn't really know much of the story except that he was pretty young .

So I did some research over a few days and was blown away quite frankly . I stated in this space that this individual would be extremely hard to NOT HIRE . If he doesn't apply and want the job? Curtis Crager is "probably " the coach right now. Sometimes a guy is just that good and you can't pass him up when he comes along. I think no matter the amount of talent and the Rocks lose a lot of it this year , the team will perform to it's potential and the kids will be better for having this guy leading them . He will have a very good QB . The Coffman QB pipeline hasn't taken a back seat to any schools stream . After Maggs I don't know if that stream dries up or not, but I do know that Stokes is very good in developing QB's and that any aspiring QB would get a lot out of themselves being coached by him .

His approach is all about process , preparing , and letting the results work themselves out from their. It's about improvement and getting as many players as possible to be the best version of themselves regardless of talent . Purposeful intentional and focus on constant improvement. Taking action . Practice hard , develop mental and physical toughness that will translate to future success well after they are done playing which for many is once their last HS game ends.

Win or lose , the kids will get a lot out of the experience and be better for it . All of us who have played sports have things that our coaches ingrained in us that we still use and think about today. We have had bad teachers whose influence was negative . We have had some coaches that really inspired us and some who didn't at all. I was fortunate to have mostly very good to great coaches growing up . From little league on up .Some future hall of fame guys . A couple legends . Not many days go by that I don't think about or remember something they said or did or how it impacted me. High school sports is a blip of time in our lives , College sports as well , it comes and goes very quickly . But what doesn't end quickly is the lessons learned , the growth , and the memories . The blood sweat and yes tears once in a while . Kind of corny I suppose but when it's all said and done , the experience is really just about those things.

Coffman got a gem here. He will have a positive impact on the kids who play for him just as Coach Crabtree's staff had on the kids for the last 20 years as there are so many really good capable successful and quality adults who have gone through the program . Like Minster the overall athletic program at Coffman is top notch . For most sports expectations are high . Hard work , focused improvement , and effort is expected and demanded . Stokes will fit right in and be a positive force in the building and will be a positive and beneficial force for a lot of people .

This I believe is why he was hired . Welcome coach Stokes , this is a great community , one I hope you embrace . I know he commuted to Minster from Urbana which was an hour away . Urbana is may be about 50 minutes to an hour from Dublin . Will he continue to commute two hours a day ? I hope not .
said in a story on Thisweek community news, plans to move to Columbus

So she would just keep her current job. That's a good thing if it's the case
Yes it is and side question but what would the stipend for being the DC head football coach be? I know it varies wildly per school but just curious if anyone knows what that would be for DC.

A much better day to stay inside and watch some hoops than yesterday certainly. Beautiful day . College visit , grilling , watching some hoops later on . Today is wet and colder. Some out here have been following my college hoops tournament handicapping and a few have asked how it is going. Football forum which I included some CFB and NFL thoughts this year that some definitely followed and did pretty well with and some who seemed to have a problem with including these thoughts in this space . Don't care what you think . Don't care that you didn't like when I included places to eat and grab a drink , don't care that you mocked some of the nicknames I use { MANY have picked them up and have used them as well for years} . In other words ? Tough chit . You criticism means nothing to me . This is mainstream stuff. Marh madness , brackets and yes handicapping individual games is part of mainstream American sporting life at this point in time. Of course I had someone tell me that my handicapping of the HS games here { Mostly CO } was something no one cared about . Well the numbers and the responses I GET , say they do and even if that wasn't true? I enjoy doing it and doing some short write-ups of the local games that I KNOW people in general like to see what I think of their teams games that week . I didn't think daily posts about the CBB tournament was something to include here so I didn't , with only those interested here and the people who only read here but are with me on the picks knowing or getting the daily posts.

Anyway with that out of the way and , it's been a decent tourney for me { us} going 19-13 overall with 'Most" games played at a similar level and amounts with the profit margin at + 5.4 units with a bit better than the 59 percent in games played for a bit more . Yesterday the game that was larger than the other two LOST with Syracuse not covering . Baylor cruised after a bumpy start laying 6.5{ went to 8 by tip} and grabbed points wiht great underdog Oregon State who has won 6 straight games as the underdog , and in the 6- 9 point spread range has covered 80 percent . That trend was too tough to pass up .

Right now today , the Michigan - Florida State game looks more like a slugfest, ? both teams can score but I see a struggle here for a portion of the game and the 145 number that came out was played UNDER , the number is now 142.5- 143. Same basic concept as Baylor simply being a better more athletic team than Villanova and eventually beating them by a margin , I like Alabama also laying 6.5 over UCLA. Nova beat a decent Winthrop team that they matched up better with ,adn got a break getting to play North Texas in round two. UCLA stole one form MSU in the play in , then got a decent BYU team who was a bit overrated based on one good game vs Gonzaga , and then lucked out getting Abilene in the next game. Bama dismantled a Maryland team that is UCLA's equal IMO , Even cutting that 19 point margin in half the Tide covers this sucker . Bama by 10 ?

Have a great Sunday .

Michigan FSU was a slugfest, but Michigan's punches found their mark at a much better rate , Total stayed under for us . Alabama got to the line using one of their advantages , BUT you cant' take 20+ free throws and hit under 50 percent of them { Ask Ohio State how that works out} Now 2-2 on UCLA games , gritty team , Bama didn't give a great account of themselves and the best version of themselves.

How do you not ride the OSU train as they have won and covered 6 straight as an underdog . Houston was better vs. Cuse than they were Rutgers . which team plays tonight? 7.5 points ? Baylor and Zaga were the two best teams I saw this year , nothing has happened to change that . Majority of people have these two battling for the title. Arkansas will have to play their best game to win , but 7.5 is a bit steep for me . Baylor is capable of running away but Arkansas can really score when they get in a rhythm .

Michigan FSU was a slugfest, but Michigan's punches found their mark at a much better rate , Total stayed under for us . Alabama got to the line using one of their advantages , BUT you cant' take 20+ free throws and hit under 50 percent of them { Ask Ohio State how that works out} Now 2-2 on UCLA games , gritty team , Bama didn't give a great account of themselves and the best version of themselves.

How do you not ride the OSU train as they have won and covered 6 straight as an underdog . Houston was better vs. Cuse than they were Rutgers . which team plays tonight? 7.5 points ? Baylor and Zaga were the two best teams I saw this year , nothing has happened to change that . Majority of people have these two battling for the title. Arkansas will have to play their best game to win , but 7.5 is a bit steep for me . Baylor is capable of running away but Arkansas can really score when they get in a rhythm .
that school up north, every game that Michigan has played without their injured player( forgot his name) the so called experts have said that Michigan will lose because the boy isn't playing, they have survived....