Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

Not trying to knock anyone here. Just frustrating all these people seem to be "in the know" but aren't willing to provide any substantive details. What the point in sharing? To let us all know that you know?

Guess what. I know a guy that applied. He's a good one! Maybe he got an interview, maybe he didn't. Hint: He's coached in the OCC or CCL or the MSL.

no head coach from any of those leagues are interviewing.

Not trying to knock anyone here. Just frustrating all these people seem to be "in the know" but aren't willing to provide any substantive details. What the point in sharing? To let us all know that you know?

Guess what. I know a guy that applied. He's a good one! Maybe he got an interview, maybe he didn't. Hint: He's coached in the OCC or CCL or the MSL.
That’s a fair point but the two that I am talking about are current coaches so they might not want it to be known that they applied for other coaching positions.

No. Current. Head. Coach. From. Central. Ohio. Is. Interviewing.
God bless you, man. I’m not sure why folks aren’t listening to you. You’ve been the best secondary source on Central Ohio ball matters that aren’t public between the Huddle and Yappi. No joke.

God bless you, man. I’m not sure why folks aren’t listening to you. You’ve been the best secondary source on Central Ohio ball matters that aren’t public between the Huddle and Yappi. No joke.
He’s not really telling us anything . He is telling us what the administration is saying which is mostly negative . He is always negative when it comes to Coffman . Has been for years . May Be it’s time I comb through some previous years archives and post them . He’s not told us anything of value and he’s flipped flopped a few times . Listening to him? We are Reading what he is posting . No one is the better for it or more informed .
He’s just letting us know he has a relationship with a administration person who he says is embarrassed by them program . Thanks I guess. lol. For what ? I’m not sure .

Here’s what I told you. It’s going to be Crager. End of story. What else do you want to know?

Again. Maybe you want to believe I don’t know anything. Ok, that’s fine.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe it’s between Sharrett Hale Burchfield Wiggins Belichick Saban and Reid

well see in March

I didn’t say I didn’t believe you about that . I think and thought Crager from the start . The best coaches are the ones who are already employed and in good situations do the knock yourself out guys in their prime isn’t likely to happen .., Small school coaches want a bigger challenge so of course they will apply . Some figure they will stay in house and it’s not worth it to interview .

Guys like you bashing the program like it’s some kind of renegade / dysfunctional mess is always classy . You’ve always been fair and classy throughout the years . Tell us again how embarrassed the administration is and how Crabtree was so awful and the bad cop. Lmao
You are here only to be negative . That’s it . Passive aggressive bull chit . No one will miss your posts if you just stopped today . No one knows anymore than they did .

Looking above at my last post, I thought that i was may be too harsh on Ahuum . I know he doesn't care what I think and my periodic vitriol appears to roll off of his back like a small crest of water does off a Ducks back . Well I did say any information he might have would be appreciated . He has offered a few things , but has provided speculation rather than names , which is his right I suppose. Now I do believe he may have a source in the administration that is a negative person and is a 'Certain " type of person who mirrors his thinking . he is happy to share these negative vibes no dount.

Having the type of memory I have is useful in many ways. One of the negatives is I remember some things I probably would be better off forgetting . For instance remembering a certain play sequence in a game over a decade ago is kind of neat sometimes but mostly inconsequential . When trying to break down things that will help me try to figure out what may happen in a game or a season or in life or work in other areas the sharp memory can help me draw parallels from the past . History as we know repeats itself in many aspects of life, including sports . When you have seen certain situational outcomes so many times and can recall them quickly it certainly helps . Now remembering fairly clearly some of AHM 's previous musings over the years , my perspective on his 'Help " and information and the way he presents it , is going to be different than others out here.

Over the years , his quips and his overly critical takes come from a starting point of not liking the program and community. A bias if you will. He is certainly not alone. This isn't a detached objective journalist by any means. He is a detractor and has bias. Of course I have bias as well . I have been a fan and resident for a while now. I have been critical at times as well and have actually agreed to a certain degree with AHM and others less than positive observations . No program, company or person is perfect . I recall all of the stereotypical bashing of the program and community ,, the shots taken at the coaches or some players that have been somewhat fair at times to totally unfair . I notice some kind of ideal that some older posters have out here , a sense of right and wrong and very old school thinking that shapes the way they think and analyze things. That isn't changing . I mean I merely suggested that the Demo's in CO and in Pickerington had changed quite a bit and that this fact kind of coincided with Pickerington's winning titles and having more consistent success and the veins started popping . This was from a resident who clearly didn't want to hear this FACT. He never noticed apparently adn if you do notice ? It's not cool ? Ridiculous . It's been a positive in Central Ohio and around the country as a whole . To some of us anyway.

So going back say 6-7 years and remembering AHM's past comments , and seeing his intimating that his beloved administration { they just like and enjoy telling him stuff he has said ? So he can bash the community program and coaches on a public forum? } source is embarrassed and may be some others have been . By what ? Certain Programs that a guy like AHM would feel proud of have things they SHOULD be embarrassed about but aren't , because they are as pure as the driven snow, do things the right way apparently, they DESERVE to get the players they do lol . Coffman ? I actually remember someone being mad that Coffman had some players with Ohio State players and coaches roots , it was like , WHY DO THEY GET THOSE KIDS? As if successful people and family's shouldn't want their kids to attend school in an above average academic district with good programs ? Where should they be going? Everyone to Pickerington or a Catholic school ? ? That was my reply that day .

So remembering this OLD school way of thinking and comments and negativity , and bias and dislike for the program and community? I can't help but react to this poster who unfortunately has taken up residence in these spaces after only being a sometimes troll . The good news is when some posters opine on some info they may have gotten , he is going to be here to say YOU'RE WRONG . LOL

Last edited:
Looking above at my last post, I thought that i was may be too harsh on Ahuum . I know he doesn't care what I think and my periodic vitriol appears to roll off of his back like a small crest of water does off a Ducks back . Well I did say any information he might have would be appreciated . He has offered a few things , but has provided speculation rather than names , which is his right I suppose. Now I do believe he may have a source in the administration that is a negative person and is a 'Certain " type of person who mirrors his thinking . he is happy to share these negative vibes no dount.

Having the type of memory I have is useful in many ways. One of the negatives is I remember some things I probably would be better off forgetting . For instance remembering a certain play sequence in a game over a decade ago is kind of neat sometimes but mostly inconsequential . When trying to break down things that will help me try to figure out what may happen in a game or a season or in life or work in other areas the sharp memory can help me draw parallels from the past . History as we know repeats itself in many aspects of life, including sports . When you have seen certain situational outcomes so many times and can recall them quickly it certainly helps . Now remembering fairly clearly some of AHM 's previous musings over the years , my perspective on his 'Help " and information and the way he presents it , is going to be different than others out here.

Over the years , his quips and his overly critical takes come from a starting point of not liking the program and community. A bias if you will. He is certainly not alone. This isn't a detached objective journalist by any means. He is a detractor and has bias. Of course I have bias as well . I have been a fan and resident for a while now. I have been critical at times as well and have actually agreed to a certain degree with AHM and others less than positive observations . No program, company or person is perfect . I recall all of the stereotypical bashing of the program and community ,, the shots taken at the coaches or some players that have been somewhat fair at times to totally unfair . I notice some kind of ideal that some older posters have out here , a sense of right and wrong and very old school thinking that shapes the way they think and analyze things. That isn't changing . I mean I merely suggested that the Demo's in CO and in Pickerington had changed quite a bit and that this fact kind of coincided with Pickerington's winning titles and having more consistent success and the veins started popping . This was from a resident who clearly didn't want to hear this FACT. He never noticed apparently adn if you do notice ? It's not cool ? Ridiculous . It's been a positive in Central Ohio and around the country as a whole . To some of us anyway.

So going back say 6-7 years and remembering AHM's past comments , and seeing his intimating that his beloved administration { they just like and enjoy telling him stuff he has said ? So he can bash the community program and coaches on a public forum? } source is embarrassed and may be some others have been . By what ? Certain Programs that a guy like AHM would feel proud of have things they SHOULD be embarrassed about but aren't , because they are as pure as the driven snow, do things the right way apparently, they DESERVE to get the players they do lol . Coffman ? I actually remember someone being mad that Coffman had some players with Ohio State players and coaches roots , it was like , WHY DO THEY GET THOSE KIDS? As if successful people and family's shouldn't want their kids to attend school in an above average academic district with good programs ? Where should they be going? Everyone to Pickerington or a Catholic school ? ? That was my reply that day .

So remembering this OLD school way of thinking and comments and negativity , and bias and dislike for the program and community? I can't help but react to this poster who unfortunately has taken up residence in these spaces after only being a sometimes troll . The good news is when some posters opine on some info they may have gotten , he is going to be here to say YOU'RE WRONG . LOL

ok

What. Is. Your. Definition. Of. Central. Ohio? Franklin County or more than just Franklin?

I think we can stop playing 'clue" with this guy . Is Professor Plumb who holds a candlestick on the sideline coming in for a interview? Is it any one from the MAC ? WAC? SWOC? AMAC ? BBC? ACC? CBS? Do any of the candidates have an IQ over 100 ? Do any candidates eat green eggs and ham ? Is there anyone named Sam? A-7 ? Miss . B-9 ? Miss . CC ? Hit . I think , seeing as the only others interested are basically 6th grade flag football coaches or decent guys from One room schools , or guys so old they have asked if a ventilator is available or do they need to bring their own . May be a high valued 'Move in" coach comes in and rescues the Rocks from the 'nice man " who is a terrible coach who the pathetic and weak minded parents and kids want but has proven he can't coach a lick ? .
OK then . I guess the Rocks are stuck with a 'nice man " with a terrible resume because no one wants the job because Dublin is a terrible district, pays chit and the program is embarrassing the administration .

Of course the last few years many fans parents and others have thought out loud that may be Coach was ready to hang it up , call it a day , pack up his tent on Coffman Road , recharge for a bit and take one last job . I still think he coaches again . He didn't leave a couple years ago for obvious reasons . He had a lot of talent. He liked this group of kids. They had some potential to go a bit further.

Well that didn't happen . Final 8 two of the last three years and a sudden scrimmage Saturday exit this year ending in excruciating fashion IN A ONCE IN 100 YEARS type season of little buzz few fans and a rare postponed play-off game , and oh yeah it was a shortened season . Getting outcoached again by Liberty in a play off setting after winning the first 8 meetings { 9-2 overall vs .Hale BUT PLAY-OFF LOSSES TWICE} had to sting .FIVE turnovers , fumble at the 13 to end the game against a gassed defense ? { Why even chance that pull the ball out crap, with how tired the Liberty defense was you just hand it to Threats a couple times from the 13 , or a quasi play-action quick strike to the end zone ? . I've seen ONE halfback pass run from Coffman in all the time I have watched them. OK , I am getting off track here , but the fact is Crabtree is exiting at the end of an era .

Davidson's has ended . Wayne will always have some ridiculous talent but has clearly lost momentum which started with the Coach being ousted. Colerain still good but going forward , Lakota West who has their coach ,will be superior to them and talented kids in 'Underserved HS football communities if you will find their way to that school more readily than they will Colerain , or Wayne? Better schools district by a nice margin and now they have the coach . Springfield won't be losing any talent to Wayne or anywhere else now that they have it rolling downhill .

20 to 30 year runs of averaging a percentage of 80-90 percent are rare. A handful out of a many bushels of programs achieve this . Crabtree was in this handful. May be he knows it won't be this good anytime soon and it's time for someone else to take over and 'Build " their own program .

The 8-2 average { rounded off and this year was pro rated to 9 wins as they beat 6 and the other 4 had may be one loss on them ?[ Elder ? May be ?. Northmont ? NO Even with the kid whose Mom just happened to move from Florida to Northmont so her son could play there and who was very good, their defense wasn't stopping Coffman } expectation was lofty. It was achieved over a couple decades. Crabtree did a great job overall even if the play-off record was disappointing overall , in their inability to win some close ones and getting upset a couple times.

Next coach should NOT be expected to go 8-2 or even 7-3 every year in the next decade . The more I think about it , may be a new coach given 5 years to prove himself and build the program his way is a good move ? Ideally? In a really unrealistic vane is Crager staying on as DC , and a couple others may be , and a smart talented future star comes in who is about Crabtree's age when he started? { 36-37} Can't expect Crager to go for that of course or a new coach to may be not want his own DC.

The job checks a lot of boxes for prospective coaches even given the really challenging starting point. Yes AHM paints a different picture which we take with a grain of salt of course. Re$ources , facility's , community support . Parental support . High achieving family base that has expectations for their kids who will DO EXTRA and work hard to be more successful . Smart kids . There has been pretty good physical talent more years than not . It is a place and community that parents will move to in order to put their kids in a very good environment to succeed academically and athletically . Good programs , good teachers, competitive school that will prepare the kids well for college.{ Most kids surveyed say that Coffman prepared them well for big college challenges . My daughter felt really prepared and from the beginning felt she was as at least if not more prepared than the kids from even the most tony private and prep schools. }

Bottom line is Coffman has proven that it is a school where you will get that full year's growth academically and over 4 years will eave you very prepared for the next step , and that goes for a large majority of the sports programs and other programs they offer . How much better do you get over 4 years ? How much do you grow not only athletically but academically as well ? The school has become more diverse over the last 20 years . It has evolved. This is a new era in football . Kids and parents want to be in winning cultures , academics , athletics, arts , clubs and the community at large. Families are always going to search out places like this eventually . Kids will be coachable work hard , will study and as a group will want to succeed , IN ALL AREAS . Coaches and players would do worse than this school and community. I have said it is a bad starting point . But thinking a bit longer about that , may be it's not . Talent and experience is less , but the opportunity to build and mold your own program is there. Expectations should be lower . Good starting point for the players as well , existing ones and may be some newer ones .More positions and a better chance of more playing time . The work has already started , now who the coach will be needs to be made official .

Update :

Colonel Mustard has withdrawn his name , he wants a school with yellow colors . Mr. Green was told no thanks .He loved the colors , but was found to be a bit too shady .

Last edited:
Just ask direct questions and I’m happy to answer

no head coach from the occ ccl or msl is interviewing for the position of head coach at Dublin Coffman high school.

curt Crager will be named head football coach of Dublin Coffman at the March Board Meeting

What other coach{s} have interviewed and or applied. There it is. A DIRECT question . An actual name { Don't give a crap about the conference } may be a school attached . A comment ?

What other coach{s} have interviewed and or applied. There it is. A DIRECT question . An actual name { Don't give a crap about the conference } may be a school attached . A comment ?

Face to face have not begun until next week. So no one has interviewed. Yet.

I do not have a complete list of every applicant. Sorry

No need to apologize. I do hope that someone who is preparing for an interview isn't reading this space { I am told some do } , you may have taken some of the wind out of their sails seeing as it's already been decided that CC is the next coach which many of us thought from the beginning.

No need to apologize. I do hope that someone who is preparing for an interview isn't reading this space { I am told some do } , you may have taken some of the wind out of their sails seeing as it's already been decided that CC is the next coach which many of us thought from the beginning.
If you dont like the answers, just dont ask the questions. I dont care one way or another

Last edited:
In all fairness HC, not quite sure Coffman would want a coach that would allow a message board to “take the wind out of their sails”.

I think whoever does get the Coffman job should have Harry and AHM do a masked wrestling match as a fundraiser. Whoever wins gets to pull off the others mask. ?

I am a Hs football fan. I have seen many teams play. I have much respect for Coffman. I watched them play many years ago when Crabtree was just starting his tenure

The 1st actual playoff game I watched in person was Coffman and bellefontaine. Rafferty ? At qb.

With Rafferty { 2003} they beat Marion Harding in round one by about 10 points I believe, then beat Davidson by about 20 and then lost the regional final to District rival Scioto who was D-1 then and that was the year before Jerome opened .a game where Rafferty got hurt third quarter and that kind of ended things for the Rocks chances . Competitive game that Scioto won in the second half. Rafferty was a do EVERYTHING QB, as the Rocks lost two running backs to injury early on and he kind of took care of the running game and passing game that year . The best most dominant performance in a year by any Rocks QB . Others did as well or better just passing but his combination was the best.

With Rafferty { 2003} they beat Marion Harding in round one by about 10 points I believe, then beat Davidson by about 20 and then lost the regional final to District rival Scioto who was D-1 then and that was the year before Jerome opened .a game where Rafferty got hurt third quarter and that kind of ended things for the Rocks chances . Competitive game that Scioto won in the second half. Rafferty was a do EVERYTHING QB, as the Rocks lost two running backs to injury early on and he kind of took care of the running game and passing game that year . The best most dominant performance in a year by any Rocks QB . Others did as well or better just passing but his combination was the best.
He should’ve been Mr. Football that season imo. I think it went to the murderer from Benedictine?

Rafferty was a one man show. I would argue with anyone that he is a top 10 QB in Ohio all time (only talking HS here).