Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

This thread is about Dublin Coffman football? I thought it was a dark web betting guide for college and pro football...
[/QUOTE

I love reading Harry’s posts. Especially the high school football posts. And have lot respect for him. But that was funny. But not meant anything bad towards Harry. Just an amusing comment

Appreciate the kind words Paw . No problem . It was kind of funny I suppose if taken from a certain perspective . It’s true that I never really delved much into the other levels of football but I’ve been clear when i talk about football from a handicapping perspective ( Louie Line ) in High school and never denied.being involved in the higher levels of football in this vane.

Central Ohio High school sports coverage beacon “ This Weeks News “ has a “ Sports betting “ heading at the top of its page . Different times . Nothing dark at this point. Pretty mainstream . No hard feelings to this is insane . Not a bad quip.

Appreciate the kind words Paw . No problem . It was kind of funny I suppose if taken from a certain perspective . It’s true that I never really delved much into the other levels of football but I’ve been clear when i talk about football from a handicapping perspective ( Louie Line ) in High school and never denied.being involved in the higher levels of football in this vane.

Central Ohio High school sports coverage beacon “ This Weeks News “ has a “ Sports betting “ heading at the top of its page . Different times . Nothing dark at this point. Pretty mainstream . No hard feelings to this is insane . Not a bad quip.

Harry My understanding is that northmont and Coffman will play this year after last seasons cancellation. Is this true. And if it is I’m glad that they decided to do this. Bolts will b down. They will return a good o line and a good receiver. But after that they won’t have much experience. I know it’s to early to actually predict anything. But I’d have give large edge Coffman. Bolts had a heavy loaded senior team last year. Especially on defense. But should b a good game to give the younger bolt players some big time education on playing high caliber team. Should help them later in the season. Maybe in playoffs seeing how practically everyone gets in. Lol. Anyway I look forward to things getting back normal

Harry My understanding is that northmont and Coffman will play this year after last seasons cancellation. Is this true. And if it is I’m glad that they decided to do this. Bolts will b down. They will return a good o line and a good receiver. But after that they won’t have much experience. I know it’s to early to actually predict anything. But I’d have give large edge Coffman. Bolts had a heavy loaded senior team last year. Especially on defense. But should b a good game to give the younger bolt players some big time education on playing high caliber team. Should help them later in the season. Maybe in playoffs seeing how practically everyone gets in. Lol. Anyway I look forward to things getting back normal

Yes, they do play in 2021, Week Three.

Dublin Coffman
08/20 A Warsaw Community (IN)
08/27 H Cincinnati Turpin
09/03 H Clayton Northmont
09/10 H Dublin Jerome
09/17 A Groveport Madison
09/24 H Powell Olentangy Liberty
10/01 A Olentangy Orange
10/08 A Hilliard Davidson
10/15 H Upper Arlington
10/22 A Hilliard Bradley

Coffman lost a ton , BIG rebuild{ one of the few biggest in the 20 years I have followed the team{ year after Jerome school split 2005 and in 2013 when they returned ONE offensive starter{ A guard} and three on defense , so they are in the same kind of boat, no large edge or even a medium sized edge . Should be a good ballgame. Coffman returns no one on O-Line , so that should be an edge that N-Mont has .Rocks will may be have and edge at QB where they have a good one in first year Senior starter Maggs who played receiver this past year and they do have a few returning on defense where they could develop into a solid unit .

Last edited:
Harry what's the latest news on the football job? How many coaches have applied? When do they want to have a new head coach?

Harry what's the latest news on the football job? How many coaches have applied? When do they want to have a new head coach?

Taking apps through the first two week sin February , I would think they would need a few weeks to interview people and then make a decision . Not talking to and don't talk to the decision makers. AHM does it seems. May be can share a name or two ? May be he can't or won't . We will find out soon enough . First phase hasn't ended . After all the apps are submitted I am sure more info will trickle out . Like I said AHM seems to know that they are going away from the present staff and regime . ? He's probably the one with the inside scoop on some particulars . May be he shares , may be he doesn't .

I had thought Cutler had the inside track , many programs elevate the top assistants for continuity and a consistency of product purposes. Solon did just that recently . That's been my thought the last couple years when the idea of Crabtree leaving was a possibility , BUT , AHM who talks to or has people tell him things says they are going in a different direction most likely . May be he provides a name or two . Most likely he just rules out others thoughts and names no one.

I had thought Cutler had the inside track , many programs elevate the top assistants for continuity and a consistency of product purposes. Solon did just that recently . That's been my thought the last couple years when the idea of Crabtree leaving was a possibility , BUT , AHM who talks to or has people tell him things says they are going in a different direction most likely . May be he provides a name or two . Most likely he just rules out others thoughts and names no one.
Cutler has not applied, nor would he be a viable candidate. Someone fired from UA that does not win at Ready is not getting hired at Coffman.

Let me know what you would like to know, Harrycrane, and I will tell you. All you have to do is ask. But you have to ask me nicely.

Last edited:
Si
Thanks Harry for the info.

AHM how many people have applied? What names are you hearing?

Similar numbers to Jerome; Slightly more.

Mike Mauk is the most accomplished Ohio coach based on State Championships that has applied.
There have been many phone calls from prominent coaches across the state to the athletic director, and some may end up applying, but as of now they have not. The guess is that many of these coaches would rather be targeted by Coffman, and Coffman is not going to target specific coaches. They are waiting to see who applies.
I dont think names will be well known until the application process is complete and interviews are set.
I am in the know, but even I dont know what direction they will end up with. Coffman administration does not want a high profile coach to use the Coffman job only to turn it down. Perception is important, that is why Crager may eventually end up with the job. But I am convinced that administration would rather make a big splash and 'remodel' the program.

Si

Mike Mauk is the most accomplished Ohio coach based on State Championships that has applied.
There have been many phone calls from prominent coaches across the state to the athletic director, and some may end up applying, but as of now they have not. The guess is that many of these coaches would rather be targeted by Coffman, and Coffman is not going to target specific coaches. They are waiting to see who applies.
I dont think names will be well known until the application process is complete and interviews are set.
I am in the know, but even I dont know what direction they will end up with. Coffman administration does not want a high profile coach to use the Coffman job only to turn it down. Perception is important, that is why Crager may eventually end up with the job. But I am convinced that administration would rather make a big splash and 'remodel' the program.

Wow, good stuff AHM. Mike Mauk, holy cow, i'm sure Maggs is up for 65 passes a game. lol One thing we do have returning is WR's, both starters and some talented soph's waiting for a chance.

Si

Mauck a bit long in the tooth but kind of an interesting coach in a unique “ method to his madness”’ vane . Doubt they are interested though . Beat cancer a few years back , coached in Missouri . Struggled a bit early but improved . A few “ hiccups “ in Kenton . In the news for less than stellar reasons

Yes getting ejected in a state quarterfinal game is a bad look no question . Getting the program to that game was impressive however. I believe they were 2-8 before he got there and it took a few years to get it going as his system if 100 percent new takes time . On the one hand I think his system could work at Coffman even as they have been more run oriented the last few seasons , they would fit to what he likes to do . In the present time he would have a good QB to sling it around in Maggs , BUT his age , his 'controversies " including the most recent isn't going to fly for the decision makers.

I am sure there are feelers from some successful area coaches who may toss their hat in the ring , but I don't think Coffman hires someone outside the program unless it's a homerun . If it's not what is the point ? I know there is a narrative someone has been trying to put out there that suggest Coffman culture is awful and the administration is disgusted . Disgusted about what exactly? A diva who refused to play because he was afraid of getting hurt and or being found out that he wasn't really that great as his offer number would suggest? And bad advice from a parent? That is an individual issue , not a program issue. Kid was at Sells in 8th grade , the first ever starter as a 9th grader and showed a very good attitude. it went a bit South , but again it was more a guidance problem . NOT A PROGRAM ISSUE. Name the other instances where kids simply didn't want to go even though they could ? You won't find it. Can a coach make a player get out on the field if he says he's hurt? Supposedly the coaches and program are the reason the kid didn't play ?

I wrote extensively on this when it was happening in real time . It was an isolated instance of more extreme diva behavior that was never seen { Provide examples if you have them } from many many other D-1 high end kids. I also wrote my honest assessment of 2019's scrimmage vs DeSales which a handful of kids sat out and some on the sidelines who weren't participating were showing very little attention to what was going on . One of them wasn't AJ Kirk who balled out that morning PLAYING HARD AS HE ALWAYS DID.AT COFFMAN.T That was the last we saw of AJ after starting for two full years . This wasn't a program issue but a personal one . Family decision .

All in all the program has bene a huge positive in the players lives after leaving .Overwhelmingly so . Of course as is always the case in any program there are going to be some parents that react emotionally when their kid isn't playing as much or at all , but those same parents seem just fine with everything once their kid is named a starter . Some assistant coaches are going to have different attitudes and reactions to some things. On the whole it's been a staff that has had that important continuity and has improved and developed players well .

People's personal attitudes towards culture , changing demographics and other dynamics is expected . It's called life . The old school Bear Bryant even knew that you can't treat every player the same . You have to be consistently fair and honest , BUT every kid isn't the same , they aren't all cut from the same cloth , nor should we want them to be . The insinuation made is there needs to be a re-boot, get 'BACK " to ? What exactly ? What do you or they " want to get back to exactly? It can't be on field success as that's been pretty consistent, so what ? Youth football ? What about it ? Not sure what that meant . Going back to the 1980's isn't happening , and this notion that there is some major attitude issues apparently wasn't something that Coach Crabtree seemed to think , judging by his own words and actions the last few years . I think he personally liked the attitudes of the kids and what they gave of themselves and to the program overall .

The implication that there have been people who were embarrassed by some things within the program I believe tells us a bit more about them than it does the coaches and players .

Looking back at the last 7-8 years of Coffman football, it's a little befuddling. Lots of 8-2's and 9-1's and a 7-3 and the losses are usually to Davidson and then to 4-5 loss teams and a couple of playoff blowout losses.

PS. parents are MORE involved now in their kids activities. This isn't going top change. This isn't always a great thing obviously. this is why you see kids transfer more which again , IF you are upgrading your situation in regards to strength of school academically, support wise , expectation wise and then athletically ? Can't argue wit that reasoning , But of course we see parents encourage little Johnny to transfer for purely athletic reasons that are often misguided? That's anohter thing. Seeing kids leave because they want to be with an AAU teammate, or the coach wasn't in love with them as the parent thought they should have been loved and cherished giving them full minutes as Freshman , they leave for another community and at times GET LESS minutes . Seen that a few times , but I guess being closer to a HS ring of some kind is more important ? lol.

Parents back in the day , trusted the coaches implicitly and didn't say boo. Transferring was not even a thought to most. Different times , different kids, different attitudes , different demographics , different game . If you want to stay stuck back when? Stay there . But that's not going to go well for almost everyone .

Im sure there are coaches from all over the state applying. Like I said a few weeks ago, heard there was an assistant in our area that was approached to see if there was any interest on his end.

Looking back at the last 7-8 years of Coffman football, it's a little befuddling. Lots of 8-2's and 9-1's and a 7-3 and the losses are usually to Davidson and then to 4-5 loss teams and a couple of playoff blowout losses.
4-5 loss teams? How many? What's befuddling about getting beaten by much better teams like Colerain in 2015 when they had it rolling big time and Wayne in 2016 when they had all kinds of talent in those few years ? Most play-off losses were competitive . What is befuddling again ?

Im sure there are coaches from all over the state applying. Like I said a few weeks ago, heard there was an assistant in our area that was approached to see if there was any interest on his end.
Why not tell us who it is ? That scenario doesn't add up very well .[ Asking an assistant how much interest he has ?} Give us some backround. May be then it will make sense possibly

Mauk just wouldn't jive with Dublin or any OCC suburban school. Massive difference in being the coach of a "one team town" in the middle-size classifications, where the community is willing to put considerations for football in front of The Right Thing to Do compared to what would fly at any big district.

4-5 loss teams? How many? What's befuddling about getting beaten by much better teams like Colerain in 2015 when they had it rolling big time and Wayne in 2016 when they had all kinds of talent in those few years ? Most play-off losses were competitive . What is befuddling again ?

Liberty (9-5), Davidson (7-4), Pick North (6-5), Gahanna (7-5), Olentangy 2x (8-4), Springfield 7-4, Central Crossing 7-4, ,Scioto 6-5

My point being - for as much talent as they've had and for the good records they've had, they sure have had some strange losses.

Yes getting ejected in a state quarterfinal game is a bad look no question . Getting the program to that game was impressive however. I believe they were 2-8 before he got there and it took a few years to get it going as his system if 100 percent new takes time . On the one hand I think his system could work at Coffman even as they have been more run oriented the last few seasons , they would fit to what he likes to do . In the present time he would have a good QB to sling it around in Maggs , BUT his age , his 'controversies " including the most recent isn't going to fly for the decision makers.

I am sure there are feelers from some successful area coaches who may toss their hat in the ring , but I don't think Coffman hires someone outside the program unless it's a homerun . If it's not what is the point ? I know there is a narrative someone has been trying to put out there that suggest Coffman culture is awful and the administration is disgusted . Disgusted about what exactly? A diva who refused to play because he was afraid of getting hurt and or being found out that he wasn't really that great as his offer number would suggest? And bad advice from a parent? That is an individual issue , not a program issue. Kid was at Sells in 8th grade , the first ever starter as a 9th grader and showed a very good attitude. it went a bit South , but again it was more a guidance problem . NOT A PROGRAM ISSUE. Name the other instances where kids simply didn't want to go even though they could ? You won't find it. Can a coach make a player get out on the field if he says he's hurt? Supposedly the coaches and program are the reason the kid didn't play ?

I wrote extensively on this when it was happening in real time . It was an isolated instance of more extreme diva behavior that was never seen { Provide examples if you have them } from many many other D-1 high end kids. I also wrote my honest assessment of 2019's scrimmage vs DeSales which a handful of kids sat out and some on the sidelines who weren't participating were showing very little attention to what was going on . One of them wasn't AJ Kirk who balled out that morning PLAYING HARD AS HE ALWAYS DID.AT COFFMAN.T That was the last we saw of AJ after starting for two full years . This wasn't a program issue but a personal one . Family decision .

All in all the program has bene a huge positive in the players lives after leaving .Overwhelmingly so . Of course as is always the case in any program there are going to be some parents that react emotionally when their kid isn't playing as much or at all , but those same parents seem just fine with everything once their kid is named a starter . Some assistant coaches are going to have different attitudes and reactions to some things. On the whole it's been a staff that has had that important continuity and has improved and developed players well .

People's personal attitudes towards culture , changing demographics and other dynamics is expected . It's called life . The old school Bear Bryant even knew that you can't treat every player the same . You have to be consistently fair and honest , BUT every kid isn't the same , they aren't all cut from the same cloth , nor should we want them to be . The insinuation made is there needs to be a re-boot, get 'BACK " to ? What exactly ? What do you or they " want to get back to exactly? It can't be on field success as that's been pretty consistent, so what ? Youth football ? What about it ? Not sure what that meant . Going back to the 1980's isn't happening , and this notion that there is some major attitude issues apparently wasn't something that Coach Crabtree seemed to think , judging by his own words and actions the last few years . I think he personally liked the attitudes of the kids and what they gave of themselves and to the program overall .

The implication that there have been people who were embarrassed by some things within the program I believe tells us a bit more about them than it does the coaches and players .
Are you asking me these questions? I’m happy to answer them, but you have to ask me nicely.

Something for all to keep in mind YOU may see things one way. But administration who has more knowledge and experience (may know things that you really don’t or can’t know) may see things completely different

Are you asking me these questions? I’m happy to answer them, but you have to ask me nicely.

Something for all to keep in mind YOU may see things one way. But administration who has more knowledge and experience (may know things that you really don’t or can’t know) may see things completely different
hmm... usually AHM is a reliable source, so I am intrigued. I catch the drift with their last comment (I think.)

I am not a Coffman fan... but strange losses? those are all to winning teams / playoff teams? Which all had very good talent as well... most had multiple notable D1 players on their rosters. And that is only 9 losses in an 8 yr period.

With expectations at Coffman it could be a really tough job for someone to take over. Beside Pick Central, not sure if any other place in central Ohio would ever think to be disappointed in their season when going undefeated in their league and going to a regional final? That could be something that may never happen again for them for the distant future.

I think they hire internally. If the next few years do not go well... it will be open again.

I am not a Coffman fan... but strange losses? those are all to winning teams / playoff teams? Which all had very good talent as well... most had multiple notable D1 players on their rosters. And that is only 9 losses in an 8 yr period.

With expectations at Coffman it could be a really tough job for someone to take over. Beside Pick Central, not sure if any other place in central Ohio would ever think to be disappointed in their season when going undefeated in their league and going to a regional final? That could be something that may never happen again for them for the distant future.

I think they hire internally. If the next few years do not go well... it will be open again.

No question the last couple years they have lost some CLOSE games to teams , some rivals and in the play-offs that were games they not only COULD have won but probably SHOULD have won . No one in this space has suggested this is a program that almost never loses , and if they do it's perplexing . I have written about all the losses. The really excruciating ones, the razor close ones, the games that got away in the second half, and in 2015 2016 those two blowout losses to great programs that had a lot of talent at that time and the games got away quickly . It has not been a program that loses to inferior opponents in major upsets . Some upsets to be sure , BUT not massive ones .

Take Liberty losing 4 games in 2018 , they were good, they hit a rough patch and peaked late , beat a very good R-Burg team shutting them out, shut down Coffman the next week . Liberty gets JACKED for Coffman . Rocks see them as a rival as well , but not to the same degree which was probable a result of winning the first 8 games in the series { Hale and the staff were super motivated to change this and to their credit did as they are 2-1 vs. Rocks since then including two play-off wins } While Liberty has had the same HC since it's opening , they have grown as a program in terms of numbers and the quality of the staff. A college recruiter I talked with in 2018 and a couple HS coaches who were scouting the teams said they thought Liberty may be as fundamentally sound as well coached as nay HS team they had seen recently .I have seen similar things written. I have seen it with my own eyes . they have developed BIG well schooled O-lines especially. They emptied their bucket in that win vs. Coffman in the play-offs, , the adjustments they made were impressive , and never let Rocks get in a real rhythm offensively , and the Rocks helped them out a bit a few times { 5 turnovers in all } . Coffman matched up better with Springfield than Liberty . BUT Liberty advanced because that's what they have bene doing the last 5-6 years. [Rocks had more back from a close loss to S-Field the year before in a game even S-Field diehards say the Rocks outplayed them in }

They have had enough talent but at times especially in 2018 and 2019 , not all of it was on the field at key times . Yes losing a game like 29-27 to Pick North who had struggled a bit that year but made the play-offs was a good example of the type of losses they had the last couple years. up two TD's with the ball , they got conservative and didn't have All state RB talent Threats carry the ball at all to close it out. A blown coverage and long TD pass on third and long breathed life in PN and then a weird lucky ricochet pass on a 4th down for a TD was next and Sawyer got into the act and boom Rocks were down , scored late buy missed the two to tie . Of course that was also a game that Bucknuts guys came to cover as there were D-1 kids on both teams . Coffman as was noted had two high end kids NOT PLAY who the guys were there to see { Drennan and Kirk} It was there despite not playing any offense that night that they saw Threats up close on defense and knew he was legit .

New coach will have a different reality . Won't have the same D-1 type players , not a lot of experience and will have to rebuild it a bit . Bottom line is in Crabtree's 20 seasons , there was never a losing season or a 500 season, and only ONE 6-4 season. Missed play-offs twice, once right after the school split with Jerome and the other in a 7-3 year where they lost three close games to three ply off teams coming in 10th in the region because two usually decent non league opponents had down years.

Looking at some schedules , one thing really sticks out. Davidson's less ambitious ledger. I get that they really struggled overall this past season and may be it's the way to go for now. Breck Broad Vw Heights in week one is a tough one , Solid D-2 program , on the road . Not sure what they have back . Grove City as usual is next. Independence next . Darby is always close and then YOTW ? 3-2 ? Then the tough league slate . They will compete well with their main rival Coffman with major revenge in mind,{ lost 49-0 } but after that ? Not sure where the wins come from . 4-6 would be my guess . Coffman goes on the road to Warsaw Indiana in week one a like sized school with some success, not a top large school program but above average . Coach has been there a few years and is building the program with some success. Cincy Turpin at home could be a good one . Turpin is trending up a bit in D-2 R-8 the last couple years .Northmont next is also in rebuild mode . Toss-up ? Jerome next and eager to get that first win over Coffman ? Kids have been beating Coffman kids at lower levels for years? Groveport ? Not sure what they bring back right now, but I know they always have some horses .

A lot of work to be done . In a few weeks the coach may be in place . Changing of the guard or a continuing on business as usual , albeit without the high end recruits and a rebuild needed ?

This being the off-season or coaching hire season, it is interesting to read how previous head coaching experience is an absolute must , especially at the traditional winning programs . " Must be a home-run former kicking HC or you need not apply unless you are happy with your app getting going into the trash bin or paper shredder. The NFL hiring of new coaches has shown that HC experience isn't necessary , and even not being a coordinator is a pre-requisite. Young , innovative offensively oriented guys are the rage.

Football has become an offensive game to the point that even an old school guy like Nick Saban goes full throttle spread , really upgrading his skill guys out wide and his QB's . Always strong at RB and O-line the previous modus operandi of strong balanced but more run first oriented with sometimes solid and smart QB's who were instructed to 'Not screw this up with turnovers, 'You aren't the show here, our run game and defense is.

Before Hurts, Tua , and to an extent this Mac Jones guy, the cadre of Bama starting QB's reads like a now obscure roster of now unheard from former child actors from Nickelodeon. Blake Sims { The average guy who lost to OSU in 2014 under 6 feet not drafted some experience in Canada? Cooper Bateman { Bit role in a game or two, but what a great old money South family name?} Jake Coker { was pretty good actually , Big at 6-5, was a Pro for a few months never making a team} . Blake Barnett { One start lost job to Hurts then transferred about 8 times before finding a place he could start} Now some of these guys had BIG years , putting up some big numbers at times with about 6-7 seconds to throw and having a great running game to help hit some big plays down field off of play action.

AJ McCarron , career back-up { Beats selling insurance and pays really well } Greg McElroy , aced the wonderlic{ 43 out of 50 but rejected when applying for a Rhodes Scholly} , smart guy out of famed Southlake Carroll High school outside of Dallas , with a sophisticated passing offense , he put up prolific numbers and won a state title his Junior year. Southlake is a ritzy locale rife with prominent high achieving family's. .Daddy was a marketing executive with the Cowboys.

Undrafted John Parker Wilson { second best old Southern money family name behind Bateman } undrafted, kicked around as a back-up for a bit before of course going to work for Morgan Stanley as a financial adviser{ I want the Tide QB handling my money!!} Color commentary guy for tide games as well. Played at fairly famous Hoover High school outside of Birmingham .

Brody Croyle ? Big numbers in college , but better known for being one of ONLY FOUR NFL QB'S to start at least 10 games and NEVER winning a game . Was replaced by a Blind squirrel in 2012 ending his career .

ST X is going the Bama route it seems as well throwing 35 passes in ONE half of football in their decimation of Pick C in the title game . Big strong O-lines giving QB's time to pass { even if blitzing a guy or two a bit it seemed } and executing with accuracy and precision. Good offense beats good defense in the passing if you have some talent and a good scheme.

NFL is going all in trying to give themselves the best chance of outscoring folks. If you can get a good pass rush yourself and put up some points you are ahead of the game straight away. Not advocating for schools to hire guys with no HC experience , but I would prefer the younger energetic smart more innovative guy you have a chance to keep around for a while as opposed to the 55- 64 year old legend who is back for a last dance { and some $$$ security} . This rarely works real well. These hires can end up seeming like the coach is doing some consulting work after retiring as an executive.{ Not bad work if you can get it in many fields} . The re-hiring of an old legend usually doesn't work at the college level or the NFL but we did see Wakefield work at Perry in local HS football.

In sports and business you often see the new hire being the opposite of the guy who was let go . We have all seen this dynamic if you have worked for a while . Task master with no people skills , who is aloof and a poor communicator gets fired eventually and you look for a more laid back guy who treats the employees better and has excellent people and communication skills . This works for a while until it doesn't with the laxness giving way to less productivity . Hmm what to do ? OK someone who pays attention to detail and is a strong communicator ? A mix of the last two guys?

Either Coffman stays with the same staff sans Crabtree which makes the transition smoother, or tries to make a splash to shake thigs up ? The question is , do things need to be shaken up ? Is there major issues that need to be addressed and a complete overhaul is needed.? I don't think that is the case here. No program is perfect of course , but I don't see any major issues that keeping the current staff mostly in tact would be untenable . So does someone knock their socks off in an interview? They have a vision and a plan that becomes irresistible ? Or is there enough concern or an issue with the applicants that makes NOT keeping the current staff in tact seem like a reach ?

Is it true Dublin can only give 5 years teaching experience ? If that is the case it will limit the pool of experienced, proven coaches that are willing/able to take the job because of the potential pay cut. Interested to see if Burchfield (Hartley) or Wiggins (DeSales) throw their name in the hat. Going from Private to Public could be a nice pay day for them. Don't think there is any way Burch goes... but I know he likes to stroke he ego and apply for jobs just to turn them down (Canal). I expect once his kids graduate he will be looking.

If I remember correctly 5 years experience is what was stated when Jerome hired their last football coach.