Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

Anyone want to go in on a billboard on Hard Road that asks "Where are you, Walking Boss and Lambeau Fields? There's football to talk on Yappi.com"

Il

Ill share whatever information I have. People that read these posts are interested in Coffman Football. Anything I can do to add to that, I will be happy to do so.

If you read my words, instead of reading what you want to hear, it may help to eliminate some confusion.

I said that Duane expects some home run hitters to apply. I dont know who they are. I will find out, I can assure you that, and when I do I will share if people are interested.

I dont know what being an insider means. I have been around a long time, know a lot of people, and people trust me enough to tell me information that some may feel is important. Is that the definition of an insider? I dont know.
Did Mark tell you to let the public who view this space know he was stepping down two months ago even though he purposefully held off announcing it publicly until now

It wasn’t that big of a secret
To you and some others may be . But you were the only one to put it out there in this space or any other space . Didn’t see anyone else post it anywhere . If burgess common public knowledge very few would have been surprised and or he would have just announced it earlier . You can’t admit your an $ hole for doing it ? Of course not . That would require some basic decency and you and done other trolls have none . You’ve more than proved it over the years with your frequent negative blasts at the coaches community and even the kids .
You don’t even know any better is my guess . Sad .

I have long held that you and a few other guys should start your own thread and post what you know and inform and troll people programs and others from there . You seem to always come back here though
Call It Central Ohio scoop or something and go from there . Im sure it would be must read stuff.

Last edited:
So according to you it was common knowledge . Widespread . So why delay the coaching search until
Now ?! Why would Sheldon just post the job now I stead of two months ago if it was no big deal who knew ? That’s ridiculous . Then in all your &holery you crow that you tried to give me a heads up on a preview ? The kids aren’t changing and we don’t know who the coach is . ??? No secret to anyone but they delay the search and don’t post the job for 6-7 weeks ). Ok

The most awesome part of this guys dooshiness is claiming people tell him things and trust him with non public information . Yeah. Hilarious . Real trustworthy . Breaking news in January. One thing to pos it here a day or so before he announces it if you knew ( again why were you the only one to
Reveal it anywhere ? Don’t answer . It’s obvious .

The most awesome part of this guys dooshiness is claiming people tell him things and trust him with non public information . Yeah. Hilarious . Real trustworthy . Breaking news in January. One thing to pos it here a day or so before he announces it if you knew ( again why were you the only one to
Reveal it anywhere ? Don’t answer . It’s obvious .

I don’t really understand what you are saying here.

I don’t really understand what you are saying here.
Just as well . I don’t block anyone or ignore anyone . And this space for many years now at the old huddle and here has been mostly devoid of trolls . Not much bashing of the programs coaches kids culture and community . Save a few special people . You and the dude who is troll only ( feeble mind , short stubby fingers ? Yeah you really know me well ? ) are the latest . You’ll both continue to read and post . But I’m kind of done responding . I get that if you started any kind of thread at all no one would read it . So I guess I’m stuck seeing you post hère or troll here . Most people who read this space aren’t excited about that .

WB is a Dublin Scioto loyalist but is well versed in what's going on in the area. LF ? Any one team ? I thought they were the same guy . Probably not but both smart informed guys with good takes and added a lot to the discussion . Miss the banter / sparring and their takes . Got into it a time or two with them, went too far a few times, apologized moved on and I think there was some respect that was mutual ? I know I respected them . Anyway like many things in life era's end , things change, they aren't the same .

What interests me is what I post here . I realize that it may not interest others . Not much going on in HS football in Mid January besides teams starting to get into their off-season strength and conditioning programs and or playing other sports and hopefully getting to the school building to take as many classes as possible in these trying times . I have always been interested in how games are won or lost , what's important , what the key factors are. Why are some programs able to longer runs than others, what are the crucial ingredients . Now I know some here don't care about the NFL or college football much. And especially have no interest in it from a point spread perspective . Don't read is my advice . Skip over it . I do think it offers some insight into what wins and shows that football in general no matter the level have a lot of the same variables adn dynamics .

For instance , the breakdown of the GB-TB game shows that even at the top level of the sport , teams evolve, grow , improve their performances throughout the year . teams ebb , flow , peak and regress sometimes. It's hard to judge and have harsh critical judgements during this Covid season where some states High schools didn't even get to play , a lot of colleges especially smaller ones missed a season of play . It suks.

Speaking of Walking Boss , back in the Huddle prime years I know he would have some takes and make some predictions on what he thought may happen on Friday nights . We had a Pic em contest over there each week that was very popular and a lot of guys participated . He would pick out what he thought was 10 of the most competitive games { Mostly OCC larger school games} with as many as possible being a bit more difficult to pick a winner in . Good fun { The Moosedoza line lol } . Well I started taking those games and may be adding a couple more that interested me and posted a few sentences of what I thought would happen and why and posted a predicted final score instead of just submitting my picks . WB said he liked what I was doing and would comment on it. I enjoyed it and still do . If he said he liked it ? I imagined others did too . I kind of expanded on it a bit, talking about the games but adding a few other tings that interested me .

Started picking the games I predicted myself after the Huddle and contest ended , but the games I selected were with what would have been included in the old contest. In other words competitive games and interesting games . Used the Pasteur line . Posted the Cal Preps line as well . Some of liked it I am sure, some haven't . Seems a lot stop by in comparison to some other threads . Central Ohio is probably the least represented region in Ohio here in the forum , so most of the CO based posters miss the Huddle days to be sure . Time moves on , things change. Many good posters stop once when their kids graduate . Some get older , retire and aren't as interested anymore .

A dead period in HS football , right now. Coaching openings are a popular topic now. Coffman just posted their opening recently . If it was widely known to the people in the building and others who may talk to people who have some inside info that Coach Crabtree was 100 percent leaving , why wait two months to accept applications for the job? Is it may be because they already know who the coach is going to be ? Or is it because it was only 90-95 percent definite? Why would Coach wait and not give the program a head start or more time to find a coach ? Put the process on hold ? Hmm .

The College and NFL opinions in this part of the calendar is done because I enjoy it and write this stuff regardless of posting it here . It's done. If no one likes it or reads it { people seem to stop by anyway } or cares about it ? I don't care . Stop reading . If you don't care about me picking games using the Pasteur or Cal Preps line ? Again go to another thread that is more interesting to you . If you didn't like when I included places to stop by and grab a beer and some food before or after a game ? I hope you stopped reading or coming by to this space. If you thought the nicknames were stupid { As one lame poster suggested } , Couldn't care less , I had fun doing it , and I see even to this day some of the names repeated and used. You don't get paid to post in a public forum obviously so this isn't meant to be a comparison or a parallel situation whatsoever .

But one of my long time time favorite radio guys { He was also a writer I followed when he was in that world at the Miami herald} is Dan Lebatard . He has a 'sports" show , BUT he often delves into other things and some complain { But still listen??} that they want more sports blah bah. They do some segments that have nothing to do with sports but it's a sports based show . They have fun . It's funny at times . He was reading an email one day that was giving him some chit , when he explained good naturedly that he didn't really care what this guy wanted him to talk about , and that he talked about what interested him . No disrespect to the listeners of course , BUT he would delve into things that interested him and his staff , have some fun and sometimes go deeper into the sports takes , sometimes not. When I was younger , Lebatard was more a writer but eventually got a local Miami radio gig and a part time Sunday ESPN show . Had an email correspondence with him and he read some of my emails on air frequently . So I'm a bit partial to him going back about 20 years now , but I think it's important to do what interests you and if people don't like it?

So what. Some people do , some people don't . You don't have to consume . Lebatard has been paid in the millions over the years and No one is paid to submit anything here obviously but my attitude is the same as his. Don't care if what I post interests you, and that doesn't mean I don't think it's it's cool that some seem to like it , or that I hope you don't enjoy or like it . KC- Buffalo thoughts ? I know you all can't wait , Lol. If you can wait , may be something will be of interest to you shortly .

Last edited:
Yi
WB is a Dublin Scioto loyalist but is well versed in what's going on in the area. LF ? Any one team ? I thought they were the same guy . Probably not but both smart informed guys with good takes and added a lot to the discussion . Miss the banter / sparring and their takes . Got into it a time or two with them, went too far a few times, apologized moved on and I think there was some respect that was mutual ? I know I respected them . Anyway like many things in life era's end , things change, they aren't the same .

What interests me is what I post here . I realize that it may not interest others . Not much going on in HS football in Mid January besides teams starting to get into their off-season strength and conditioning programs and or playing other sports and hopefully getting to the school building to take as many classes as possible in these trying times . I have always been interested in how games are won or lost , what's important , what the key factors are. Why are some programs able to longer runs than others, what are the crucial ingredients . Now I know some here don't care about the NFL or college football much. And especially have no interest in it from a point spread perspective . Don't read is my advice . Skip over it . I do think it offers some insight into what wins and shows that football in general no matter the level have a lot of the same variables adn dynamics .

For instance , the breakdown of the GB-TB game shows that even at the top level of the sport , teams evolve, grow , improve their performances throughout the year . teams ebb , flow , peak and regress sometimes. It's hard to judge and have harsh critical judgements during this Covid season where some states High schools didn't even get to play , a lot of colleges especially smaller ones missed a season of play . It suks.

Speaking of Walking Boss , back in the Huddle prime years I know he would have some takes and make some predictions on what he thought may happen on Friday nights . We had a Pic em contest over there each week that was very popular and a lot of guys participated . He would pick out what he thought was 10 of the most competitive games { Mostly OCC larger school games} with as many as possible being a bit more difficult to pick a winner in . Good fun { The Moosedoza line lol } . Well I started taking those games and may be adding a couple more that interested me and posted a few sentences of what I thought would happen and why and posted a predicted final score instead of just submitting my picks . WB said he liked what I was doing and would comment on it. I enjoyed it and still do . If he said he liked it ? I imagined others did too . I kind of expanded on it a bit, talking about the games but adding a few other tings that interested me .

Started picking the games I predicted myself after the Huddle and contest ended , but the games I selected were with what would have been included in the old contest. In other words competitive games and interesting games . Used the Pasteur line . Posted the Cal Preps line as well . Some of liked it I am sure, some haven't . Seems a lot stop by in comparison to some other threads . Central Ohio is probably the least represented region in Ohio here in the forum , so most of the CO based posters miss the Huddle days to be sure . Time moves on , things change. Many good posters stop once when their kids graduate . Some get older , retire and aren't as interested anymore .

A dead period in HS football , right now. Coaching openings are a popular topic now. Coffman just posted their opening recently . If it was widely known to the people in the building and others who may talk to people who have some inside info that Coach Crabtree was 100 percent leaving , why wait two months to accept applications for the job? Is it may be because they already know who the coach is going to be ? Or is it because it was only 90-95 percent definite? Why would Coach wait and not give the program a head start or more time to find a coach ? Put the process on hold ? Hmm .

The College and NFL opinions in this part of the calendar is done because I enjoy it and write this stuff regardless of posting it here . It's done. If no one likes it or reads it { people seem to stop by anyway } or cares about it ? I don't care . Stop reading . If you don't care about me picking games using the Pasteur or Cal Preps line ? Again go to another thread that is more interesting to you . If you didn't like when I included places to stop by and grab a beer and some food before or after a game ? I hope you stopped reading or coming by to this space. If you thought the nicknames were stupid { As one lame poster suggested } , Couldn't care less , I had fun doing it , and I see even to this day some of the names repeated and used. You don't get paid to post in a public forum obviously so this isn't meant to be a comparison or a parallel situation whatsoever .

But one of my long time time favorite radio guys { He was also a writer I followed when he was in that world at the Miami herald} is Dan Lebatard . He has a 'sports" show , BUT he often delves into other things and some complain { But still listen??} that they want more sports blah bah. They do some segments that have nothing to do with sports but it's a sports based show . They have fun . It's funny at times . He was reading an email one day that was giving him some chit , when he explained good naturedly that he didn't really care what this guy wanted him to talk about , and that he talked about what interested him . No disrespect to the listeners of course , BUT he would delve into things that interested him and his staff , have some fun and sometimes go deeper into the sports takes , sometimes not. When I was younger , Lebatard was more a writer but eventually got a local Miami radio gig and a part time Sunday ESPN show . Had an email correspondence with him and he read some of my emails on air frequently . So I'm a bit partial to him going back about 20 years now , but I think it's important to do what interests you and if people don't like it?

So what. Some people do , some people don't . You don't have to consume . Lebatard has been paid in the millions over the years and No one is paid to submit anything here obviously but my attitude is the same as his. Don't care if what I post interests you, and that doesn't mean I don't think it's it's cool that some seem to like it , or that I hope you don't enjoy or like it . KC- Buffalo thoughts ? I know you all can't wait , Lol. If you can wait , may be something will be of interest to you shortly .

You’ve asked this several times, so ill attempt to suffice you and Answer the question

Coach Crabtree wanted to give it through the Winter Break until he made his mind up. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t making an emotional decision. That was more than reasonable to everyone involved.

One week after returning from break, he submitted his letter to administration. Administration opened the job up state wide within hours of coach Crabtree submitting his resignation.

There was no sinister two month delay with suspicious intentions in mind. Everything has been/will be done in a reasonable timeline. The first game is August 20. Every attempt is going to be to get this right. The timeline that fans and message boards posters want may or may not be acceptable, but that doesn’t matter.

The coach may end up being Crager. But it may not. It’s going to depend on who applies. Administration is giddy to sop what kind of response they receive. They have already been pleasantly surprised with who has inquired. .
if you have any other questions just ask. ?

Yi

You’ve asked this several times, so ill attempt to suffice you and Answer the question

Coach Crabtree wanted to give it through the Winter Break until he made his mind up. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t making an emotional decision. That was more than reasonable to everyone involved.

One week after returning from break, he submitted his letter to administration. Administration opened the job up state wide within hours of coach Crabtree submitting his resignation.

There was no sinister two month delay with suspicious intentions in mind. Everything has been/will be done in a reasonable timeline. The first game is August 20. Every attempt is going to be to get this right. The timeline that fans and message boards posters want may or may not be acceptable, but that doesn’t matter.

The coach may end up being Crager. But it may not. It’s going to depend on who applies. Administration is giddy to sop what kind of response they receive. They have already been pleasantly surprised with who has inquired. .
if you have any other questions just ask. ?
Never thought it was a sinister two month delay . You said it was a done deal two months ago and were saying this should be a point of discussion perhaps . I didn't agree . Not that I was surprised that he may step down , but rather I didn't think it right to put it out here . This thread gets some attention and more than average eyeballs . This is now public and speculation can be appropriate . The news is out and the process has begun and people have until Feb 5th to apply . If anyone wants to share something at this point please do , if not don't .

Last edited:
Trying to engage in talk about Coffman and not troll you. Harry, is there someone you would like to see Coffman go after? Dream candidate? Is there a coach out there that can get Coffman to the Title game? (I honestly can’t believe it wasn’t Crabtree, he did a wonderful job. -didn’t want you to think this was a jab at him or Coffman at all)

Personally, the job, imo, is the best job opening in the state. Steady stream of talent, good families, great school, great community. On the other hand, could be a dangerous job for an already well- established coach if they are not at least as successful as Coach Crabtree. So I do think it comes with some risk if that were the scenario.

First year coach in this job will not have the individual talent of the previous handful of years . I don’t think there is a D-1 rising Senior . QB looks the part { 6-3 200 athletic and a very good arm} and will do well and should be utilized fully ( 25 throws a game ) and is a good athlete who played some receiver especially when Phipps stopped playing .

Upper tier Talent level can get there again , but it’s not there there right now . Not to say there isn’t any individual talent who will play in college , but not the level of playmakers they have had . DL Smith( Will ) is a rising Junior and has D-1 potential . It’s a couple year rebuild no doubt . So May be it’s better to stay in house. Don’t know who May interested but even without the top end talent in the short term it’s a really good job . Facilities , kids from successful family’s whose expectations are pretty high, kids want to be good and will do extra . Financially strong , facilities , community support Many parents will help provide extra opportunities for improvement (. Training ) . Tradition . And talented kids and successful family’s see Dublin as a great spot to go to school academically and athletically.

Last edited:
Harry seems spot on. I do not know anything about returning players. No doubt they will always have top talent. And every so often have elite talent to make a run at a State Championship.

The question is who is willing to leave their job to go after it... they say you never want to be the guy to follow the guy. And Crabtree will be a tough guy to follow. Crabtree's run at Coffman was incredible.

I would think they stay inside... but I would expect many proven winners to express interest. Will be interested. What names have been thrown around of possibly being interested?

Runs of consistent success at public schools especially have a certain shelf life. I have chronicled a small handful of these HS programs that are pretty well known . 30 years is the highest bar , CB West{ Philly Suburb} , Odessa Permian , Long Beach Poly , Berwick Pa. and closer to home Hilliard Davidson . Obviously present time CO top Dog Pickerington Central has had a great run since it's present era inception including the two titles matching Davidson . Different era's present different dynamics. Permian didn't have to compete against the present day behemoth bigger city suburban schools that have more kids , more transfers and different demographics. Their system and the fact that they didn't always have the biggest or fastest kids or the most D-1 kids wasn't a fatal flaw. Their work ethic and off the charts community support adn tradition was enough. It had much better demographics for football back then { large Majority Hispanic now } .

CB West had as good a coaching staff as anyone and had it rolling with an incredible attention to detail discipline , work ethic etc. Some of those coaches left for HC jobs and others caught up . The legendary coach { Mike Pettine , whose Son Mike Jr.is the Packers DC} retires , more coaches peel off to other programs and it ebbs and eventually becomes just another program that is sometimes very good but just as often just OK , kind of mediocre . Poly hasn't been able to keep up with the literal AAU football programs that are Mater Dei , Don Bosco et al and other larger publics get more notoriety and get more transfers than they do . Berwick coach was legendary , offensive innovator master motivator , outstanding work ethic incredible almost fanatical community support = massive success . Again other programs catch up and do a lot of the things they did before everyone else did them .

Davidson lost a legend coach , the great momentum they had for 15 years kind of ebbed and flowed , rebuilds were a bit less successful , weren't winning quite as many play-off games. May be the kids weren't buying in at the same level they once did ? A few subtle things crop up and add up . White saw the signs , assessed the future and may be needed a break . Program is in transition , has gotten away from the fanatical devotion to their previous offense. But like some relationships , they can't break completely from it . it kind of looks the same , but isn't really . What is clear is the kids don't have that same confident swagger and confidence over there right now . When they had it really going, kids who were 5 nothing and 160 pounds after a long soak were strutting around cracking people . They had that 'Attitude that no one could kick their $$, they were aggressive to a fault even , playing ridiculously hard and aggressive right up to that point the whistle was quiet and sideline to sideline meant a smidge past that wasn't necessarily 'Out of bounds ". Not dirty mind you , but they had that kind of mean physical confidence . They had that 'EDGE" .

Coffman hasn't been that Championship " level program but is in that next tier of very successful traditional program . Coach Crabtree built that . He is quoted as saying the 'Fire" became 'Embers" of passion. Fair enough . Felt like the end of an era even before any rumors of his stepping down were heard. Has to be very disappointing to end the way it did and had the last few years . Successful of course, but the way it ended last year { KEY PLAYERS NOT PLAYING } with an excruciating loss , and this year exiting much earlier than hoped with a 5 turnover performance that fell short in excruciating fashion with an unforced fumble ending the game at the Liberty 13 against a gassed defense that wasn't stopping them finally . Just not a good ending. Had to be frustrating and emotional . To not get to a final four at least two of the last three years with the talent they had if brutally honest was an underachievement .

Last two seasons the team lost four games by a total of 10 points . In 8 quarters vs. Liberty they gave up 35 points . Out of the gate in the first quarter and small change they gave up 26 of those points. So basically in the other 6 quarters of play {a game and a half } they gave up a total of NINE points , and STILL didn't advance past them .{ This suggests that while great adjustments were made defensively , Liberty had a great script of offensive plays that Coffman didn't handle well out of the chute and they got behind , Liberty also gave up no big plays the second time around again a testament to their great staff} never got in any rhythm at all until they absolutely had to get going or lose and they were poised to win vs. a defense that had run out of gas and fumbled it to them to let them off the hook . Makes sense that after the way they were losing games and with some of the other dynamics at play the last couple years , he took some time to make the decision to take some of the raw emotion out of the process of making the decision . If you don'[t have that fire ? It is best for the coach and the program .

Big challenge for whoever is the head guy , and Coach Crabtree is obviously a big loss , but it must be noted that this year is as big a rebuild as the program has had possibly in the last 15- 20 years . Lost the greatest amount of talent in a one year period going back to 2007 . If the team has some trouble staying at the same level ? It will not be just because the HC left .or it will automatically be a coaching issue. No reason the program can't continue to compete at a high level and the community and school itself is a very attractive place to coach and play , the league is very strong and at the present time other than Davidson the other programs are elevating .growing and have been primed to get to the next level . Coffman will be hunted aggressively . Success is cyclical to some point , 30 year runs of consistent success is rare . Coffman is at about 20 years now, and the HC who built it along with a loyal and good group of assistants including the number two guy DC Crager . Programs like any corporation or business needs to keep growing, evolving , diversify, not get stagnant . Keep up the same energy and intensity. High expectations . Lack of effort focus , and lessening expectations cant be the reason for less success.

My thoughts on what I think are the keys to success for the 2021 team of course starts with what direction they go with the coaching situation. I see potential on defense in terms of getting pressure on the QB which quite frankly in terms of sacking the QB and getting negative plays given the talent level was a bit disappointing . Now to be fair as a group the opposing QB's this past were a tough athletic group and had some size and strength on average . I have seen lesser talented groups get more consistent pressure on the QB and get more negative plays . They have the guys to win some of the individual battles up front with a combo of size feet and quickness off the ball { returning starters W Smith , Buckley , and rising Jr. M.Smith } and a flat out playmaker Mitch Broskie who I see a lot of 2012's Ian Flinders in him in terms of coming off the edge on blitzes and getting to the QB . Flinders was one of my favorites as he like myself also played hockey . You don't see that combo much if at all { UA's Danny Logan was a good one who actually got a Lacrosse scholly Denver? } Broskie is a natural athlete who is a excellent wrestler for the Rocks , who really have it going on as a program . Some strength gains are always needed but this group along with SR.LB C. Smith could getto that next level of production with increased speed and agility .

Some the overall play at corner this year wasn't always great . [Weaver was pretty solid much of the time } I think there are a few guys that can be as good forming a unit this year with of course less experience . Scrappy competitiveness , technique , hard work in the off-season can elevate to the point where the level and production can equal last year's play IMO . At Safety Sr. M. Trbovich missed this year with injury, 5-11 175 , but can carry about 185 IF he works hard and has potential to be a ball hawk with some pop . Pretty obviously , Bryon Threats has been the best safety I have seen at this school { AJ Kirk only played ONE year for Coffman at safety his Soph.year and he wasn't as good then as Threats was when he played back there.} but he can work to try to continue in the tradition {Not saying he is these guys } of John Wurm , Reagan Malas , Jacob Gilbert type guys . Hard workers, tough kids who like to mix it up play smart and HIT people .

Offense is all about the the QB . Maggs has the tools , the arm, the size and IF he takes the next step in the off-season refining his footwork , release , core strength , adding a half yard to his 'fastball " which is imperative to getting the ball out quick and beating the defense on across the field outs , deep slants etc. You don't have to be throw it 35 times in one half ST X , but a more detailed get the ball out quick offense with the right guy at QB is an X-Factor when it comes to being hard to defend and being productive . O-Line HUGE REBUILD less experience means getting the ball out quickly is more crucial . Run game has been the story the last few years . 2017 Sr.Cam Scott running behind a bigger road grading O-line .2018 Drennan and Diallo running behind a similar group , 2019 Diallo and then Threats and QB Mathews emerging as big time productive players in the run game and then last year with the uber talented Threats [O-Line not as big as 2017-2018 but effective} and Mathews again producing . Sr. RB Heard has the tools{ 6-1 185 } hasn't popped as he has been playing behind excellent players but can be a guy who can may be churn out some yards. I see him as a MLB type at this level or capable of playing LB either inside or outside . He probably plays RB. Jr. M Anderson is a smaller back { 5-6 155 } who is shifty and talented who can take a big step this off-season { get to about 165 is a reasonable and attainable goal with added strength . . Returning receivers Sr's Hedderly { Three year player } and Diehl need about 10 more pounds and some speed and agility increases but can be really good productive players working with a talented QB. Deeper threats need to be found or developed ? Use the RB's in a spread formation getting matched up on LB's and other more creative schemes throwing the football will be a key .

A ton of work to do to try to carry on the winning tradition , and getting the coaching situation set is the first step , get this done within a month and go from there . Time to get to work .

Just for fun (if anyone wants to play along).

Name one for each:

Dream Coach
Alternate Universe Coach
Alumni Coach
Most likely realistic choice

Dream: LaVerde? (Would never expect him to leave Kirtland, but would be interested to see what he could do at Coffman.)

Alternate Universe: Brian White (Decides to open it up for the sake of continuity and scraps the power/loose option scheme and spread it out!)

Alumni Coach: Brady Quinn (could do no wrong in Dublin)

Most Realistic option: Coach Crager (awesome coach, great man and leader, good choice within this situation.)

Laverde and White no way IMO . White took that rivalry too seriously to ever do that . not a great fit . Quinn has never coached and isn't giving up the TV Gig. Crager comes to mind for most.

Long shot and interesting idea? Trivisonno who ironically retired from Mentor at about 56 years of age { Crabtree's age } came down to Bradley this year to help on offense . Took some time to get it going and it never really clicked in terms of throwing the ball which wasn't helped by injury's [Pugh Mayfield} But Mirgon was as good a running QB and athlete going against Coffman as I've seen in a while. Has two Daughters teaching in the Hilliard school system , but I don't think he's likely interested in a HC positon as he cited wanting to go out on or near the top at Mentor which he clearly did and making sure much like Crabtree that he had 100 percent to give . he felt it was time last year much like Crabtree did this year. Triv at 57 { Looks a bit older } could be a fit ? Interesting tidbit is probable the best Middle school player in Dublin in 2019 played at Karrer and got some playing time as a Frosh after moving to Bradley . Not sure if Preston Wolfe { receiver , playmaker } was a Coffman or Jerome district kid { Karrer is half and half }.

My guess is it's Crager and continuity rues the day , but with Triv in this area ? And a Job like Coffman open ?

I agree with you, and didn’t think any of the first three were legitimate options, just thought it would be fun. Alternate Universe with Brian White at Coffman? That would be crazy, Whitey might puke putting on the kelly green though?.

WARNING DARK WEB ALERT:::::::: LOL - Games were played yesterday and some sketchy bad people may have had some dough on them : Parental guidance is suggested . What is discussed in the following does not contain an opinion on Coffman football in the late January off-season despite the coaching 'Search".

Fairly interesting and entertaining , not great games in some ways, some rougher patches that showed that no team in a salary cap sport is flawless . 1-1 on sides , 1-1 on totals , { three played at the same rate luckily best bet was OVER in the Chiefs -Bills game.} Props were a wash .

Going in I thought Packers were going to win a close one by 3- 7 points with the highest margin of 10 . I waited until the TB-GB kickoff to get on KC - 3 trying to make a case for Buffalo but in the end it just was a case of it not being their 'time ". to go . We talk sometimes about it being someone's of some teams 'Time " to either succeed at a higher level , to elevate , or to descend . It just didn't feel like Buffalo's 'Time " Josh Allen's 'Time" just yet. KC hadn't covered in 9 weeks , since pasting the awful Jets. They had their superstar QB hobbled a bit and not officially ruled in until Mid week { Concussion }. So the line stayed low , and while there was some evidence that KC was a bit vulnerable {Not covering and getting margins in over two months Red Zone Offense shaky , Bills red zone defense really solid} the number was more than low enough to guard against a possible back door situation . KC has let people come through that door a few times and just wasn't putting teams away.

Got the 54 on the total on Saturday and it was touch and go for a bit but got there later . Packers total got to 53.5 and I went UNDER and it looked decent nearing the half but we saw what happened there . Lost it BY A HALF POINT before that last FG. Thought KC was going to win by 7 on the lower side as much as 13-14 which it came in at. KC pretty much put this away in the second quarter after getting behind by two scores { 9} early . Bottom line is Mahomes was healthy enough to be great , he has been here three straight years , has some great weapons and was going to score enough to win the game . Allen is being asked to carry the Bills and was a game competitor but at this point anyway he needs a bit more help to get to a SB . Chiefs more explosive , their defense played a bit better than they are , and the one key that was obvious was the Bills not being able to cover opponents Tight Ends and that was certainly the case last night .

Bill and Browns had great breakout seasons and are coming . Chiefs are THERE . If Mahomes doesn't go out last week the Chiefs cover that one and score into the 30's like the did last night { Almost 40 } and cover vs. the Browns. Chiefs aren't kickers on defense but their offense is more than good enough to get the the job done given their explosive offense .

Packers - Bucs game was not a case of one QB out dueling the other. Both have had better games . Both were very good at times and less than that at others. Rodgers had a better PR by a lot, but his team simply didn't get in the end zone when it had chances to and if they had ? They win despite a few obvious problems they had .

Sometimes it is a case of one QB out dueling the other , Brady has certainly out dueled some in victory and played well in losses at times , In his history though he has had these 70 something QR games with a pic or fumble or two { 3 yesterday 74 QR [ RODGERS 101 QR} . Yesterday like it often is, one QB beating the other wasn't what decided the contest. Key to the game were Tampa Bay having the better defense which we knw going in . They had more good players , got more pressure on Rodgers , played faster, with more physicality and covered and tackled better . Didn't give up the big play as much . Packers O-Line finally did miss Bakhtiari at Left tackle . Packers were not able to pressure Brady nearly as much . Down 14-7 after giving up an absurd chuck down the field to Godwin and an equally absurd dance moves TD run by big Leonard Fourentte , the Packers went to Davante Adams three times from the 5 after gashing them on the run for the only time of the game in that drive. All three failed .We will give the Packers a demerit here and a nod to the TB defense as well as they settled for the FG . Was a key moment in the final analysis .

The last play of the First half and one very early in the second half pretty much won the game for Tampa even though GB did come back and had some chances to change the outcome . 4th and three 8 seconds left and looking at a 57 yard FG and no timeouts , GB inexplicably doesn't just play zone and just guard the sideline giving the GOAT a chance to drop a 50 yard throw in the bucket at the first half gun leaving King one on one with Miller who beat him by a step and a half scoring a crushing TD . Great throw by Brady obviously but probably more a case of horrendous alignment { Fireable offense ?} By DC Pettine . Won a teaser when Vegas scored a GW TD on a similar type situation but this time last play of the game type of play , same type thing bit me yesterday. 1-1 on horrible coordinator decisions . DC Williams got fired by the Jets who were going nowhere and were basically winless . This happened in the NFC championship game. Yikes .

Right off the bat in the second half the Packers mad the second blunder that really sealed their fate. Aaron Jones fumbled deep in his own territory{ 11 } was hurt on the play and done for the day . Packers were down 2 All Pro players at this point in Bakhtiari and Jones. Fox schtick guy Skip Bayless { Hates Le Bron and Rodgers the most } called Arron Jones the Packers MVP all year, , of course he says nothing about the Packers losing their MVP LOL . Anyway TB still had to score and designed a nice play that had their TE wide open TD 10 point lead. Again the Bucs were more aggressive on defense and had the better defense which to me ended up being the difference and that hit was huge .

Brady got a bit greedy after throwing the ball up high and deep and his guys coming down with it beating their guys in the first half but got picked a couple times in the second half. End of the half there was a clear hold by a TB Defensive back that wasn't called as many were not on the day but it helped result in a interception that led to that absurd last first half TD .

Other keys after the Packers came back from the 18 point lead , was them dropping the two point try [Suh got a finger nail on it but it didn't change the trajectory at all , it should have been caught , right in his hands} finally not getting in from inside the 10 late , with Rodgers not running where he would have probably got to at least the 2 , probably not score, BUT they likely don't make the ridiculous decision a FG that doesn't really help them with 2 minutes and change left . BAD DECISION . In summation , the Packers didn't do well enough in the red zone, couldn't take enough advantage of the thin TB safety position because of limited time to throw too often. A bit outcoached, Tampa Bay defense was more aggressive and had better players and much more pressure on the QB than GB did along with the TB players winning more crucial ONE ON ONE 50 -50 BALLS and situations. Getting back to coaching was TB had a few play designs on crucial third downs that were MONEY , and Brady executes these brilliantly as I have watched for 20 years now being a Patriots fan most of my life .

Brady made a few great throws and just knows how to win these games , TB scored that extra TD , Packers missed a couple opportunities , got outcoached , their defense wasn't as good as TB's and TB might have gotten an extra break or two as that 3rd down late while a legit PI offense , the ball was wide and they hadn't called similar infractions all day { end of the half pick , and Adams was held most of the day } probably wins a best of 5 series 3-2 ? But yesterday , they just weren't quite good enough . Better and improved from last year but TB just did a bit more when it had to. Opening line is KC 3.5 adn I can't help that think that TB may get some pressure as KC might be without two starting O-Lineman including stud LT Fisher . TB getting some injury and health advantages vs Washington { QB } New Orleans { Numerous } and yesterday with another LT Bakhtiari and red zone difference maker Jones not being there the whole second half , AND next week with Fisher out the TB front 4 may have another difference making game. Got TB at 3.5 at open . Think they can win and that if they lose it won't be by much

Last edited:
Dream Coach, not really dream but I would call a big pickup for Coffman....
Wiggins - DeSales, Zebb - Olentangy Orange, Hillerich - Pick North. Proven winners who are young. Any of them live near Dublin?
Alternate Universe Coach... Tim Hinton - Ohio State, Ed Terwilliger - Ohio State. Both former HS coaches who are retired???
Alumni Coach... Not alumni but Hawk or Laurinaitus? Both live in Coffman I believe?
Most likely realistic choice... Crager