Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

I do like Crabtree. But I im pretty sure he’s retiring. Because he’s retiring does not mean I don’t like him.

If someone talking about high school football is among the worst people you’ll ever run into in your life, thank your parents. You’re living a good life.

And you and I both know it’s not your last word on me.

Like last year I will root for Massillon . Hoban is the program trying to be a NATIONAL player, more of a football academy here kids from a large area who are interested in maximizing their football potential will enroll . Aren't as dependent on a strong class or two as pretty much all of them are pretty strong at this point.

Massillon gets many transfers and most don't have to sit after five games . Storied program that has come up short on multiple occasions to end the season while holding a trophy over their head in early December . They will take doing it in mid to late November instead. Hoban when on top of their game playing with focus and cleanly? Is the best team in the state perhaps ? OK ST X was so dominant with their throw ONLY spread system that they have rolling , that may be the are? On the night of the PC game they looked like they might be able to score on the 86 Bears they were so precise . Be nice to see old Coffman player AJ Kirk play on TV .

Kirk who started at corner as a Frosh as Coffman and at safety as a Sophomore , whose absence as a Junior was along with Drennan breaking his own hand possibly the reason Coffman loses to Springfield and has a good solid shot at Elder in 2019 and definitely would have been HUGE for the Rocks this year as they had some depth issues there as it was , but he leaves and then they lose another starter for the year in the first game . OUCH .

Kirk had some issues that he has overcome and I will be happy for him if he bags a ring at Hoban . But want Massillon to get this gorilla off of their back more . If only to stop the trolls here lol . Anyway it's a game I have no feel for as both teams as are many HS teams not real consistent and both present problems for the other that could result in one team getting a head of steam going and routing the other. If they play 5 times ? Hoban may win 3 with 4 being close IMO . Hoping for an instant classic . Will have on in the office and will peek in { Will hang in bigger room with bigger TV to hang with wife as well } Gotta root for the Tigers and take the points and hope for a close one .

Massillon vs. Hoban - CP Line Hoban - 5 hmmmm tough call BUT go with the heart a bit , close to 30 games over 500 for the season in this difficult season of HS football . So more heart it is

Hoban 23 Massillon 21 - FG attempt at the end ? Wide right ? Oh chit Scotty Norwood flashback { Cost me a couple sawbucks as a young buck at a great SB party back in the day }

I like reading some of your posts. But I must confess I have not read close to all of them you’re just too much, bro. Too uncomfortable about you knowing so much about the kids on the team. Your constant shortening/nicknames of teams is stupid and annoying. And honestly, no one cares that you make predictions. And I mean that. No one cares. In fact most people get incredibly annoyed because they have to dig through your nonsense to get anything substantial.
So, in short, I’ve merely skimmed your posts. Not read them.

As for me I’m getting ready to settle in and watch desales this weekend represent central Ohio and win a title. Maybe none of their kids pay “full freight” (or are Ed choice) or maybe all. I don’t know. And I don’t care. I just enjoy great central Ohio football.

Please don't tell me you are a Desales fan? No way would a Stallion be on a public forum acting like a 15 year old. It's one thing to bash a team, but to say coaches stepped down is wrong.

My loyalty leans toward who is winning. I like watching winners. At my age I don’t have time for disappointment.
So why are you wasting time here ? Coffman is a losing program . I don’t care how much time you have left . Spend it somewhere else hole . Take your old and get out of this space and be a doosh somewhere else .

Last edited:
AHM is a long time Hartley guy. And a CCL Fan.
The Three Catholic musketeers who all hate Coffman and me but read this space religiously . Why I ask ? Do I talk much about your schools adn Catholic football in Columbus ? You offer nothing here but ridicule and hate . Start a three musketeers CO and CATHOLIC football thread . Why not ? Why read this space and troll ? What do I TALK ABOUT THAT YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN ? You are getting better players , more of them than ever . Start a Catholic Columbus football thread . What does Coffman and OCC football have to do with any of you ? Seriously ? Why do you read this space at all ?

Last edited:
Dude This past week or so is the only time in over a year i clicked on your drivel. And only because i seen the Hartley guys post.
I knew then it would trigger you into a $--- $how .
And i wasn't disappointed .
Plus as you know i actually have long time ties to the DC program . And always have rooted for them, Pu and Crabtree from long time relationships between those 2 and my Family who also have roamed the DC sidelines with Shamrocks across the chest.
At times i'm sure they wish you didn't.
And I don't hate anyone especially you, Actually could care less .
There are way more important things in Life .
Have a great off season and stay healthy.

Dude This past week or so is the only time in over a year i clicked on your drivel. And only because i seen the Hartley guys post.
I knew then it would trigger you into a $--- $how .
And i wasn't disappointed .
Plus as you know i actually have long time ties to the DC program . And always have rooted for them, Pu and Crabtree from long time relationships between those 2 and my Family who also have roamed the DC sidelines with Shamrocks across the chest.
At times i'm sure they wish you didn't.
And I don't hate anyone especially you, Actually could care less .
There are way more important things in Life .
Have a great off season and stay healthy.

I guess I could take you out of the three musketeers group, but like them , many of your posts over the years belies and contradicts your thoughts above. Whatever chit I give them here , they deserve . Their passive aggressive crap they spew multiple times of years at the Program coaches , culture, kids and the community warrants it . If you claim you only stop in once a year to read these pages and only did so after seeing your buddies the Hartley brothers{ Or DeSales if they happen to be better} post then I will ask this . What made this time of year special ? You surely noticed them posting at some other point right? You and I know that they unlike your once a year habit , DO READ the page all the time . Just curious . On second thought keep it to yourself ,if I'm posting here in this spaces next year stop by again . I'm well aware of the more important things in life, thanks for the sentiments at the bottom of the post .

Funny the old man who likes to put something in public that isn't meant for it, apologizes and says , ' I thought everyone knew this despite not one iota of discussion in public or on these boards discussed it . NOT ONE . He says I called him the worst person I have net. Of course I will never want to meet this guy . To clarify . People who claim to like and support a program coach and community and then PERSONALLY attack all of the above on a regular basis ? Are among the worst people you will meet in life. Phony , passive aggressive people are the worst . Aren't we in agreement of that?

Congrats to the Hoban machine , the football academy . They work harder as well . No holes, depth , talent , speed and strength { Size}. I was openly rooting for and went against a really thought most of the season and said so, Hoban is in another league than the other D-2 programs this year . They hadn't played like it , but saved their best for last . Pretty flawless from what I saw. They had a vision a few years back adn they have realized it. You can do this more readily at a private type school .

I don't mean just rebuilding a struggling program and changing the culture as some Public schools do in short order. I mean building a bona fide juggernaut with outstanding talent coming in from various areas , with kids committing themselves to the process and just getting so much better than 95 percent of the division they play in and sustaining it not just because tradition doesn't graduate , but having bigger faster and more talented players is almost always going to win more battles than they lose , adn IF it works really hard? Titles most years . That's where this program is . I did posts of the PC program and it's growth and the changes that occurred in the
and the community. They promptly go out and lose by 100 in the D-1 state title game where they have found themselves 3 out of the last 4 years .

Remarkable achievement. Dynastic almost . Great Junior class and may be the best Sophomore in Ohio . This won't end .Hoban dynasty is going to go strong for as long as they want it to . Feeding the monster can be strenuous no question. Doing it over and over again isn't easy. The thing is the teams that ALWAYS go 4-5 games deep in the play-offs get the momentum of success, you get more kids in the building and from outside the building wanting to be part of it , and the extra practice and competition year after year gives you an advantage . You have earned that advantage though. Look at the teams that are almost always still playing really late?

Kennedy looked like they had enough material to play with New Bremen for about a half . As happens in many blowouts that are bigger than the disparity in the teams is short fields, special teams superiority and big plays and turnovers and penalty's { short fields= points of course } .NB just steamrolled them once the ball started rolling downhill like a snowball becoming larger as it wends it's way downhill.

Thanks for the props from those who told me they got on Minnesota last night . A few fortunate things happened at the end but Minny led the whole way and got a much needed win to stop some bleeding. Seattle winning Thursday a very good start to the weekend.

DeSales going for a title for the first time since 94 ,has been really rolling the last month. Beating Hartley the way they did looked state title worthy . They face a huge obstacle in a Wing T run heavy Chardon team who has controlled the clock against everyone they have played. They haven't had a close game all year . That isn't a great thing really . Chardon is a 14 point favorite for a reason . Line looks tight . I like Chardon to win the ballgame , BUT 14 is a large nut. Not sure really . Will root for the Stallions as I do pretty much all CO teams at this level of the play-offs especially , but I think they may be in for a tough one tonight .

Harry, these guys are amazing. I amazes me that a little D3 school like Hartley cares this much about the Rocks.

The 'Guys" aren't amazing actually , they are typical older dudes whose dislike of certain things in life are typical. They don't like a lot of the changes that have occurred in the last 20 years or so. Much more comfortable back in say 1985 when Stacy's Mom had it going on and the McFly family was time traveling or 1984 when a young Yummy {sorry she was} Courtney Cox was dancing in the dark , and people were frequently calling "Ghostbusters". Any talk of changes for the better are met with resistance , projection and ultimately a bit of hate. Just who they are as people. Of course they are reading this and will come here and respond as always . They care about denigrating a program a community it's coaches and players in a dooshy way . passive aggressive hats. Guys like this coming in goes with the territory .

A couple Big-10 games mid afternoon kicks { 3.30}

Penn State - 1.5 { got at pick } Over Iowa - PSU offense moves the ball well , has made a myriad of mistakes to quash many a drive and or set up their opponents in good Field position. 500 yards vs Nebraska and gave up less than 300 and lost by a few. They aren't staying winless forever. Saying a team is due isn't enough of a justification to play them , but lately there are a few of these hanging out here that are ripe and the line has moved to where the value is good. Like Minnesota , PSU gets off the mat and gets their first win as Minnesota got their second after being trounced a couple times .

Wisconsin - 7.5 Northwestern - class difference, Wisky has played two less games { 4 to 2} but played last week and has been the superior team so far. Northwestern scored 27 last week vs and gave up 20 which netted us a win vs the UNDER 50 , I have NW scoring about 17 tops this week against a very good run defense and stout defense overall. Can Whisky score about 27 to cover that ? YES , they can run it and they have a QB who is may be the best pure passer they have had. NW has been a thorn over the last decade in Wisky's side, but this season doesn't follow the normal trajectory of a 12 game season, which would lend itself to a look ahead or a beaten up and wobbled football team just trying to get by. Wiscky is fresh, hungry and this game is the only one on their mind .

31 - 16 Wisky

Last edited:
All games have been blowouts . Yawn . Will 14 pt dog SFD be the first underdog to stay somewhat close ? I hope . Don’t know how Strong Chardon is truthfully .

Chardon -14. DeSales

Chardon. 28 DeSales 17. Or another 38-7 snoozer ?

College not going well in two games. In B-10. A few later ones played ( a couple teasers as well )

Oklahoma - 7. Over Ok St
Washington - 11. Arizona
Miss State. +. 25. Georgia
NC State. -4. Liberty

The Three Catholic musketeers who all hate Coffman and me but read this space religiously . Why I ask ? Do I talk much about your schools adn Catholic football in Columbus ? You offer nothing here but ridicule and hate . Start a three musketeers CO and CATHOLIC football thread . Why not ? Why read this space and troll ? What do I TALK ABOUT THAT YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN ? You are getting better players , more of them than ever . Start a Catholic Columbus football thread . What does Coffman and OCC football have to do with any of you ? Seriously ? Why do you read this space at all ?
The jabbing at Coffman is, in a way, the glue that sort of holds the few Columbus football posters together. Face it, Harry: TC, SeV, AHM, you, to some extent me... we’re the Last of the Mohican.

The jabbing at Coffman is, in a way, the glue that sort of holds the few Columbus football posters together. Face it, Harry: TC, SeV, AHM, you, to some extent me... we’re the Last of the Mohican.

I get that , which is why I play sometimes and converse a bit, BUT they have crossed some lines here , real chit-stain stuff , passive aggressive stuff that is more personal . Me calling Burchfield Saint Brad because he can be a bit sanctimonius or noticing the obvious 'changes " in some programs makeup that has helped result in better results on the field is tame and reasonable and not questioning the character of HS kids their coaches the culture, the community at large.{ Pickerington grew unpretentiously ? As opposed to ? Really ?Certain People are more comfortable moving to Pickerington and going to PC than Dublin ? HIs point being that Whites welcome them more ? Of course they are more comfortable the school is 30 percent black thats has zero to do with this and it’s just the goodness of the people ? .This stuff is pathetic and he does it to denigrate a community as if his is some kind of racial utopia} This guy even questioned Crabtree's motives when he conveyed a unifying tweet after the George Floyd chaos. Real $hole stuff .

Writing that the coach they claim to really like is such a doofus that he allows players and their parents to determine what they do and don't do and players can play if they want or sit if they don't want to get hit because ONE PLAYERS PARENT was telling his kid to sit out and be a prima donna? ONE KID , NOT THE CULTURE . This is what i am talking about here . It's enough already

Last edited:
Condolences to DeSales and their faithful . BRUTAL loss . Up 14 with the ball (. Albeit on their 4 ) with about 6 minutes left ?
Yikes . This one will stay with them for a bit as any loss in a state final may , but damn this one has to sting. Dropped the first three ATS but picked up two winners yesterday (. Kirtland SFD covered ). Ironton I figured would a score a couple times . I had Kirtland covering the 7 comfortably and scoring in the 30’s but a shutout ?

Thanks to DeSales and Chardon for finally providing a real ballgame (. Average snore of the other 4 prior to this was something like 37-3 )

Can’t see Coldwater being pushed today either so I think it will be at least 5 blowouts in 7 games ? Ughh

Last edited:
Coldwater - 10 New Middleton -

Coldwater 35 NM 9

NFL

1-0 FOR WEEK Seattle over Arizona

1.00 pm

Washington - Cincinnati OVER 46.5

Cleveland - Philly - UNDER 45.5

Atlanta + 3.5 [ Guys and I got 4.5 early} over New Orleans - New QB,{ Hill ? Jameis} Atlanta surging a bit after horrendous defeats early in the season . Come to a kick late?

Jax + 10.5 over - Pittsburgh - Ravens up in a few days for Pitt . Pitt off of many close ones and Cincy blowout that they were focused for . this one? Sandwich spot . Ugly win ?

Last edited:
Minnesota -6. Dallas Minnesota a bit hot now
KC - 7.5 Oakland revenge Teaser down to just winning. Taste straight up

Miami at -3. ( now 4 ). Better at 3.

Miami playing as well as anyone in the league still shouldn't have bene laying even 3 on the road . Bad call . Too obvious. Denver had been 20+ behind at some point in the last FOUR games, like they were a bad Big -12 team . They showed up and made Tua look like the rookie he is . Uncertain , confused and just ineffective after the first drive. Atlanta had what they needed to make this one close but just were inept in the second half. JAX was OK for a short while , but anohter egg layer game. Cincy with 9 points left about 14-17 points on the field when Burrow was out there and the game should have had much more scoring than it did . LV Raiders with so much chaos with covid on defense , made KC work for every FD and KC defense kind of stunk . Minnesota? Hit a total early { Cle- Phil } and with the Raiders defensive issues banged the KC-LV OVER late at a worse price but it got there and KC in teaser with [Cleve- Phi total which i really liked}

Good late College Saturday a couple Thursday /Friday wins so not a disaster , but not good, .Still at 57.2 percent in the NFL overall , slightly higher in CFB. Learn from the losses adn move on . make adjustments , tweak some numbers and try to figure some things out in this wackly Covid year.

GREAT last few HS finishes , thank god, because props to OHASSA for getting a season in the books during this difficult time especially the last few weeks when the situation has gotten worse. First 4 games were non competitive , but the last three were GREAT.

Thanksgiving week over the years has meant a lot of things to people , obviously most of us have a lot to be thankful of. It's a time when you see your blessings a little more clearly. You get a few days off, you see the love and support of loved ones up closer as you see some only a few times a year if lucky . Your college aged , young adult aged { Or older adult aged} and High school aged and younger are at home , or with you if on the road .May be they are flying in from where they live to a central location and about 5-6 of your relatives offer to pick them up from the airport .

Not always a fun chore in some cities , but they offer because they want to , they want to connect with , help out and it's just what family does. Those little things are what you are grateful for. Gathering at a favorite watering hole to see old friends that you see only once in a while but you pick up where you left off every time. Despite distance or frequent physical contact it feels as familiar and comfortable as a well broken in pair of shoes or jeans. Old stories told year after year that always make you laugh . The friendly disagreements about parts of the story that is remembered differently . We ask about old friends and of curse a little gossip is always involved. It isn't mean spirited, it's just what people do. They catch up , some of that is to relay some news of some people's successes , and unfortunately sometimes its about old friends struggles .

Old friends and family are human , we struggle , succeed , are happy or sometimes not . There are divorces , re-marriages , sicknesses , recovery's , parents deaths , friends premature deaths , autism diagnosis , kids struggles , kids successes we beam with pride about , job issues we hear about, promotions , new business ventures , and the up's and downs connect us , because we all have them , and the comfort is in knowing you aren't alone in the struggles and the triumphs. You feel good for the success and want to help with the struggles . You feel empathy . You feel pride. You are connected to the past and as most here who read these spaces have that bond with old teammates and friends that you went through life's passages with . Family knows of your pain , joy , sadness and joy. That's why you can happily share the old story's that can include some not so happy times but with distance, a new perspective and some age aided wisdom .

This year of course the physical nature of the 'Normal " Thanksgiving week festivities are not possible or reasonable . Just the way it is. So the normal , get togethers with family and friends at the old hometown bar and grill or restaurants will have to be put on hold this holiday season . The large 20-30 person feasts will be doubly special next year. The HS football games are done now. The states that have Thanksgiving day games at 10.00 am. with large gatherings have been canceled . Dynastic Ohio teams have that tradition of early Turkey day practices . They can sleep in a bit this year . Airports will be busy , but manageable . Bars won't have their usual cash cow Wed before T-Day windfall. Those home from college mass gatherings at a few local hotspots will be shelved.

Meeting for a drink and an app with a few friends in a cozy crowded spot will not happen . We have gotten used to not thinking about where we may want to go for a quick bite of a long lazy brunch. No talk about wait times to be seated and how crowded a place will be. No pulling into a place and turning around because you know you aren't getting a seat at the bar and you don't want to stand .

This will be a year of staying home , having that drink that will be stronger because you are your own bartender and it will cost may be a buck instead of 7 bucks. Your Apps will be better than Happy hour prices and you get a clicker in your own hand instead of asking someone to please put on the game { Usually college hoops as it usually gets going now} you want . The sports king that is the NFL just goes on no matter what doesn't it? Smattering of fans , empty stadiums , piped in crowd noise , silence , COVID scratches , masked men on the sidelines , whatever. The show must go on . And it does . This part of the weekend remains basically unchanged .

Detroit will be on the screen early and coverage starts around Noon. The Lions are kind of like that imperfect side dish that is un-exciting and you aren't quite sure what it is. You have them on in the backround as you get ready to go somewhere else , or if you are hosting your Mom then eventually your wife gives orders of late store runs , getting chairs from the basement or may be rearranging some pieces of furniture . 'you better jump in the shower "!!

I for" some" reason think of Barry Sanders every T-Day . As mired in futility as the Lions have been , thank the football God's for giving us Barry Sanders for about a decade or so at 1230- 330 pm. on the last Thursday of November. How about them Cowboys ? Playing the Skins on T-Day this year ? OK not exactly the Doomsday defense , or the Triplets { Aikman , Irvin and Smith } nor the over the Hill gang{ George Allen's Skins teams of the early 70's } that if you remember well means you may be over the hill. Or the Joe Gibbs years of excellence , the Hogs, John Riggins , the 'Smurfs " But we will watch these two battle for a possible play-off berth in the NFC Least .

Least awful team wins? Then again I had a semi hot Minnesota team that couldn't beat the Boys at home . Dropped an interception late as old Ohio friend Andy Red rifle completed the next ball for a TD Damn he tried to be the Andy Dalton Cincy fans have always loved and cherished .

Pittsburgh - Baltimore ? Ravens were the better team everywhere but on the scoreboard but I'll take it , my guys took it , the points with Pittsburgh who won a close one in Baltimore a couple weeks ago . Baltimore is banged up in the traditional style on defense , but is getting COVIDED on offense as their top two RB's are virused out of this one . Line jumped from 2.5-3 to 4- 4.5 quickly .We got at Pitt -3. Make Lamar beat them ? Pittsburgh got 4 interceptions last week vs the immortal Jax QB Juice Luten . Or is it 'Rooting " Luten "? Luten Free, I have seen in a few circles . Pitt - 4 is still a decent play , but happy to get it at three when I was told that the RB's were BOTH out. Ravens are good enough to win , but aren't playing especially well on defense lately{ gashed by the run} and injuries and roster changes from last week are a big part of it .

Dallas is the knee jerk thought but will wait a bit longer . Detroit - Houston is simply an awful match-up and I don't see a path to getting this one on my board . Nice enough work from Goff and Brady to get us OVER 47.5 last night . As happens in many sports { especially boxing } young beat Old . Brady defies age as if he's Dick Clark's { Pre stroke } long lost son though and Jared isn't always consistent but both got it done . Thank$$ guys.

College game that sticks out a bit at this early part of the process is ND- 4.5 at North Carolina . Some transitive scores seem to indicate the number is accurate but if you look at the most recent results adn states of the teams ? ND looks like a 7-10 point winner here. NC giving up an average of 40 points a ballgame the last three games. Both teams are rested. They are 2-1 in those three games because they played Wake Duke and UVA . ND is in a different class . ND is scoring a lot of points as well lately , including a big number vs Clemson albeit with Clemson minus three very good players . I made the line ND - 7 . Not sure how Homefield helps right now . if you give Carolina the benefit of a three point HF advantage this means they have ND at a 7 .5 choice on a Neutral . I would have it more like 10 . Line was 4 at open . NC will probably be able to keep the back door ajar for much of the proceedings , but this might be the best material and talent ND has had under Kelly and he has intimated that idea as well. I Think he's right .

Last edited:
Old Column [Ran for the first time in 1992} that resonates with those who played on T-Day but also is applicable to any HS kid who plays football . a Majority actually as it is for the many the last time you put the pads on . Many kids in different parts of the country didn't get to play football their Senior year at all and some won't get this special T-Day feeling .

Last edited:
College hoops is back , not sure what it will look like but there are games being played . That is a good thing. Ohio did a great job all considered with their fall sports seasons. As I intimated up above that wasn't the casein some states. Some of my Sibling's, cousins and friend's kids weren't so lucky . They didn't have a season . Some were Seniors which is worse . Many kids work hard looking towards that big Senior season , the apex of your school sports experience and perhaps your last year playing competitively . It disappeared under a hail of virus numbers. Ohio is a football state . It did what they could do to have a season and it was a success.

Not all schools and districts had the same experience , there was some games called off, there were a couple of Covid forfeits , a couple in the play-offs . Schools missed out of state games, non conference match-ups that would have been very interesting , that whole 10 game then a few weeks of play-off experience was gone . No white out's blackout's country out's , America Red White and blue outs , Late summer steamy Beach out's , no Neon out's . No Student sections at all . No traditional getting together of students at locations after games . A different experience , no roars of the crowd but rather muffled slightly elevated sounds more befitting of a scrimmage between two good teams may be .

Some selective transfer rulings that some schools took advantage of , and some got the shaft on { Sorry Sherron , keep grinding} . Some teams started ahead early on as they had more regular meetings and workouts depending on the county and district they were in . 6 weeks to get your crap together and then the play-offs . Some teams played as little as 2-3 games . Crisis and situations often create natural have and have not situations that underscore that life isn't always fair . Coaches were mostly grateful and humbled by these trying once in a lifetime situation . Some were affected more than others. It seemed to hasten some's retirement plans, made some more weary and contemplative . May be over react to disappointment ?

All in all an experience that none involved will forget . Talk about dealing with adversity . Seniors not getting that full experience that they can never get back , underclassmen having less time to shine and impress . Competitive opportunity's missed. School life changed to a a more remote experience . A LESSER experience for most . Some kids across America got no experience on the fields of play . A lot to be grateful for in Ohio HS sports fall season of 2020 . You got some moments to shine, compete and play with your brothers , win some , lose some , learn some lessons and grow. Aged a bit . Handled disappointment . Every time you looked in the stands you knew this was a different year . No difference when playing your district rival or an overmatched round one play-off opponent . Same vibe , same time same station .

Every kid wants to play in front of a big crowd .Play in a game that is more of an event . Where it's loud , there are squeals , roars, empty seats aren't clearly visible because there are so few . A large neutral site game where it's tough to find a place to park .You will wait to get out of the lot after the game and do so a bit more happily in victory . It seems a bit longer after a tough loss , BUT it's long because there was INTEREST in the proceedings , a lot of people came to see you play and battle it out . This is how a very good team should end it's season.

Packed lots , traffic , buzz , some noise , a lot of seats filled , fans of both teams congregating at local bar and grills pre-game nodding at each other . Exiting the stadium win or lose, happy or a bit disappointed with hundreds of other fans scurrying to their cars, happily chattering away or slowly shaking their heads at what could have been saying , What can you do ?

Shouldn't end on a cold raw early unexpected Saturday afternoon in front of handfuls of fans and parents only with none of the above dynamics present . No buzz, no real energy , just another disappointing exit in a string of disappointing exits . That was how Coffman's season ended .A mishandled exchanged hand-off on the opponents 13 yard line down 3 with a minute left on a raw Saturday in front of their parents and a few other family members or friends of family members who had extra tickets . The Covid 19 High football season of 2020 is now over. Juniors and Sophomores are already working towards what they hope will be a starting spot , and a season that will be more like what they envisioned when they first thought they wanted to be football players and went to games on Friday night . Lets hope for the full experience for the 2022 Seniors as they start their off-season work .

A very nice Thanksgiving , a nice day , pretty laid back , a bit too much food which will be repeated on the weekend as a kind of second helping of T-Day with an additional person or two . Nice start to the CBB season as games were played including the Fort Meyers area where we would have been this year under different circumstances. It would have been the first year spending a holiday down there , but with the relatives down there it wasn't wise this year. Next year is already being planned .

Gonzaga gave us a reason to be thankful as the 4.5 price was an early Xmas gift to my guys and I . Kansas with a few more questions than answers at this point was only getting the few buckets head start due to reputation . Zags were more experienced and matched up talent wise as well . Controlled the game the whole way. A 2-1 Wednesday and Liberty beating Miss State as a 5 point dog gave another 2-1 day. CBB on T-Day weekend is a tradition . There weren't the fans there usually is , but the games were on TV and watching parts of multiple games was nice . Football being played showcased some truly awful football as the Lions were terrible and the Cowboys second half was pitiful.

The canceled Pittsburgh- Baltimore game was disappointing as that was the only side I liked{ Pittsburgh. Watching that late game with a plate of leftovers and may be a piece of pie was missed. Split the totals , as we went UNDER in the Det- Hou- game adn OVER in the Dallas - Washington game. CFB 's one game on TV was a nice winner as Utah State getting points{ 6} at home vs New Mexico would have been unthinkable pre-season, and was still wrong despite USU being really bad, losing the coach and severe dysfunction overall still didn't add up to New Mexico laying points on the road. It looked wrong because it was wrong . Nice winner for us { USU 41- NM 27 } .

Notre Dame at 4 was a very good price , it is now climbing towards 6 to even 6.5 in a few locales. ND is obviously a 'public " team and program and like say a Kansas basketball is often overvalued { over bet} so the majority of dough is coming in on the Irish , but fundamentally{ pure football match-up wise are about 8 -10 points better } if not situationally { ND is rolling and smells playoff berth , momentum is rolling downhill} . If ND plays clean they win and cover here .NC can score on anyone , but they can't stop good offensive schemes much at all .

Still working on Texas - Iowa State , ISU is the better club { How is this possible ?} as the Texas - 1 at home suggests, but it may be just a pass and watch the game ? Or look to the total ? 56.5 is low for a typical BIG-12 7 on 7 game , BUT both of these defenses are pretty good against the run and I think this one will be so competitive that it may be played a bit closer to the vest ? Texas has played three overtime games that skews the total points that they have scored .

Oregon - Oregon State is a later game and that rivalry is a bit underrated no question on a National level. This one is looking good for a play , a bit more to look at.