Dublin Coffman Rocks 2020

And then they would have rematch Springfield or Wayne It’s a long shot to play Coffman. Quite a gauntlet. Because Wayne and it springfield will want revenge. I think Springfield probably best team. But Wayne is no slouch. But northmont will have bring all they got and a flawless game to beat one them twice. Because they will have revenge on the mind. Just hate northmont Coffman game got cancelled. Not that I thought northmont would beat them. Cause they wouldn’t. But least b a gauge of where they and rest gwoc is with Coffman and other schools Columbus area

And then they would have rematch Springfield or Wayne It’s a long shot to play Coffman. Quite a gauntlet. Because Wayne and it springfield will want revenge. I think Springfield probably best team. But Wayne is no slouch. But northmont will have bring all they got and a flawless game to beat one them twice. Because they will have revenge on the mind. Just hate northmont Coffman game got cancelled. Not that I thought northmont would beat them. Cause they wouldn’t. But least b a gauge of where they and rest gwoc is with Coffman and other schools Columbus area

If Coffman does lose to Liberty , they won’t be an an easy out for anyone who is left . One of the most well coached teams in the state ., numbers and a string Senior class , Not a great team , but they could beat anyone in the region . Coffman will have to be at their best as will anyone else who plays them

If Coffman does lose to Liberty , they won’t be an an easy out for anyone who is left . One of the most well coached teams in the state ., numbers and a string Senior class , Not a great team , but they could beat anyone in the region . Coffman will have to be at their best as will anyone else who plays them

That’s surprising to hear. But I don’t know lot about those programs. But yes I’ve seen teams with lot seniors do well and not necessarily b an elite team. Sometimes just the knowledge and experience a team has with a heavy senior class can b a hard game

O-Liberty has 29 seniors with zero players going 2 ways. They have had the same coaches at the school for a long time and are the definition of a solid D1 high school football program. They have 103 players on the roster grades 10-12.

I'm not saying they will win the region or anything, I'm just telling you they are a very solid H.S. football program. The QB, TB, and TE will dink and dunk you to death and try to concentrate on just moving the chains.

I looked Liberty scores. They look tough. I seen Coffman beat them once. Coffman may be in a fight. Like I said hard beat a good team twice. But I’ll still bet on Coffman.

Earliest play-off week ever. In Ohio anyway . May be Alaska starts theirs now to beat the deepfreeze. Coffman doesn't really have a real game, and I don't say that to pile on the Creek of Beaver . But when you give up 70 + points THREE times in 6 games, it's really surprising that they are traveling down 70 to 270 north to the Tuttle crossing exit taking a left at the first light going over 270 bridge , taking a right on Coffman road and pulling into Coffman Stadium to play the Rocks { See no GPS needed} . I was thinking a bye week a few weeks ago .

Many interesting match-ups to be sure though . So the Rocks had a setback this past week with Sheron Phipps playing his last game vs UA and being ruled out after 5 games . It is what it is. He is only one of many over the last three seasons to not get to play a whole season with his new team .

Like many trends , the transfer trend in Ohio HS football , came after the trend started more on the coasts, [ California , Florida et al } and in Texas . Stacking teams AAU style has been going on for more years in other places in the country adn some states have more stringent rules . Some operate more like the wild west because they simply don't have the resources to police it .

Football of course isn't the only sport that this happens in . Family's moving from out of state is obviously a different story, but the move in aspect in successful programs has been around for a while here in Ohio . Programs become successful , the area and school system they are in is preferable to where the family currently resides and they move . Ohio had a rule that said you couldn't play in the first five games if you transferred but you were eligible the rest of the way . This wasn't a strong deterrent they said and they changed it to what it is now . First five game OK the best part of the season? Cant play .

Punitive and definitely a deterrent . Mission accomplished? AHHH SIGH MMMMM, Not really . Seems to be a bit political and can be a bit draconian in some cases. I haven't spoken out against the rule and I get why they instituted it and I do not like an excessive amount of musical chairs being played. But every so often it seems that a kid gets hurt a bit and another kid doesn't because he has more support and guidance to influence the system and are able to play because they crossed a T and dotted once more I than some other kid who may be had a bit more influence or political energy behind him. I am not going to get into the boring 11 exceptions and go over the rules with a fine tooth comb .

Of course I am going to be on a kid's side more strongly if he is at Coffman . And I know the rule and I get what the impetus was to enact and or change it to what it is now.

Sheron Phipps has a story and that story's road hasn't always been as smoothly paved as some others roads have been. I will leave it at that because it isn't my story to tell. He has known and grew up with Bryon Threats and we know his story which is public . Sheron moved to Orville Ohio from a Columbus neighborhood in MS and played at Orville as a Freshman . This part of his story is public. Orville is a more bucolic place with a slower pace than the Columbus neighborhood he left. He moved back to the Columbus area and entered Thomas Worthington HS and played his Soph. and Jr .years there. Sheron is an electric , gifted athlete and playmaker and has been underrecruited in my opinion . I know size could be an issue as he is about 5-8-5-9 165 pounds or so, and I don't know the academic situation, but his talent suggests he should be getting more attention . Now he might be getting a lot of smaller school attention and would be a great player at some levels and going forward he could find a great collegiate home.

In these spaces and beyond the Cardinals of Thomas Worthington are know as YOTW{ Ye Olde Tommy W paying homage to their Old New England feel} and we all know that they don't have a strong football culture and haven't been that successful . Phipps transferred to Coffman after the 2020 school year and it was thought he might be able to play for the whole season with the Rocks. He trained with them in the off-season, lifted, attended al summer workouts and became a Rock . Once the season started he became a very productive player and an important and respected member of the team. I am not privy to what I's were dotted and t's were and were not crossed and why he was ruled out after week five . What I do know that it is a shame that this kid in this situation is watching the rest of the season how ever long that is in his street clothes on the sideline may be wearing his number 3 Rocks jersey . His road containing yet another bump in it. It's lousy. It's disappointing. But life can be that way . I believe that he deserved a chance to finish the season and may be for the process to have gone his way this time .

I have read in another thread that people have appealed and that the state commission doesn't fight it and you can get a stay, but that seems like it would be bumpy for the program long term? I am not sure . What I am sure of is it was a pleasure to watch Sheron in the few games I watched in person . I had seen the highlight reels and they were spectacular , but it was really nice seeing him thrive and be a key member for a top program . A respected teammate and a fan favorite in his brief time playing for the Rocks. He was a focused motivated player who worked really hard in the off-season and it showed as he was very good on the field and part of a really good team that was primed for at least a few weeks of play-off games . Damn shame he can't experience the games on the field with his newer brothers { and Old friend } in a play off setting . Seems a bit unfair no matter the reality of the hard rules . Hang in Sheron , Talent like yours will find a home . It was a pleasure watching you and It's clear how hard you worked and embraced the Coffman culture and thrived in it.

Last edited:
Earliest play-off week ever. In Ohio anyway . May be Alaska starts theirs now to beat the deepfreeze. Coffman doesn't really have a real game, and I don't say that to pile on the Creek of Beaver . But when you give up 70 + points THREE times in 6 games, it's really surprising that they are traveling down 70 to 270 north to the Tuttle crossing exit taking a left at the first light going over 270 bridge , taking a right on Coffman road and pulling into Coffman Stadium to play the Rocks { See no GPS needed} . I was thinking a bye week a few weeks ago .

Many interesting match-ups to be sure though . So the Rocks had a setback this past week with Sheron Phipps playing his last game vs UA and being ruled out after 5 games . It is what it is. He is only one of many over the last three seasons to not get to play a whole season with his new team .

Like many trends , the transfer trend in Ohio HS football , came after the trend started more on the coasts, [ California , Florida et al } and in Texas . Stacking teams AAU style has been going on for more years in other places in the country adn some states have more stringent rules . Some operate more like the wild west because they simply don't have the resources to police it .

Football of course isn't the only sport that this happens in . Family's moving from out of state is obviously a different story, but the move in aspect in successful programs has been around for a while here in Ohio . Programs become successful , the area and school system they are in is preferable to where the family currently resides and they move . Ohio had a rule that said you couldn't play in the first five games if you transferred but you were eligible the rest of the way . This wasn't a strong deterrent they said and they changed it to what it is now . First five game OK the best part of the season? Cant play .

Punitive and definitely a deterrent . Mission accomplished? AHHH SIGH MMMMM, Not really . Seems to be a bit political and can be a bit draconian in some cases. I haven't spoken out against the rule and I get why they instituted it and I do not like an excessive amount of musical chairs being played. But every so often it seems that a kid gets hurt a bit and another kid doesn't because he has more support and guidance to influence the system and are able to play because they crossed a T and dotted once more I than some other kid who may be had a bit more influence or political energy behind him. I am not going to get into the boring 11 exceptions and go over the rules with a fine tooth comb .

Of course I am going to be on a kid's side more strongly if he is at Coffman . And I know the rule and I get what the impetus was to enact and or change it to what it is now.

Sheron Phipps has a story and that story's road hasn't always been as smoothly paved as some others roads have been. I will leave it at that because it isn't my story to tell. He has known and grew up with Bryon Threats and we know his story which is public . Sheron moved to Orville Ohio from a Columbus neighborhood in MS and played at Orville as a Freshman . This part of his story is public. Orville is a more bucolic place with a slower pace than the Columbus neighborhood he left. He moved back to the Columbus area and entered Thomas Worthington HS and played his Soph. and Jr .years there. Sheron is an electric , gifted athlete and playmaker and has been underrecruited in my opinion . I know size could be an issue as he is about 5-8-5-9 165 pounds or so, and I don't know the academic situation, but his talent suggests he should be getting more attention . Now he might be getting a lot of smaller school attention and would be a great player at some levels and going forward he could find a great collegiate home.

In these spaces and beyond the Cardinals of Thomas Worthington are know as YOTW{ Ye Olde Tommy W paying homage to their Old New England feel} and we all know that they don't have a strong football culture and haven't been that successful . Phipps transferred to Coffman after the 2020 school year and it was thought he might be able to play for the whole season with the Rocks. He trained with them in the off-season, lifted, attended al summer workouts and became a Rock . Once the season started he became a very productive player and an important and respected member of the team. I am not privy to what I's were dotted and t's were and were not crossed and why he was ruled out after week five . What I do know that it is a shame that this kid in this situation is watching the rest of the season how ever long that is in his street clothes on the sideline may be wearing his number 3 Rocks jersey . His road containing yet another bump in it. It's lousy. It's disappointing. But life can be that way . I believe that he deserved a chance to finish the season and may be for the process to have gone his way this time .

I have read in another thread that people have appealed and that the state commission doesn't fight it and you can get a stay, but that seems like it would be bumpy for the program long term? I am not sure . What I am sure of is it was a pleasure to watch Sheron in the few games I watched in person . I had seen the highlight reels and they were spectacular , but it was really nice seeing him thrive and be a key member for a top program . A respected teammate and a fan favorite in his brief time playing for the Rocks. He was a focused motivated player who worked really hard in the off-season and it showed as he was very good on the field and part of a really good team that was primed for at least a few weeks of play-off games . Damn shame he can't experience the games on the field with his newer brothers { and Old friend } in a play off setting . Seems a bit unfair no matter the reality of the hard rules . Hang in Sheron , Talent like yours will find a home . It was a pleasure watching you and It's clear how hard you worked and embraced the Coffman culture and thrived in it.

Harry trust me. Creek is bad. Not saying that b mean. Not sure why they so so bad because they should b a avg team. Coffman could play their jvs and win this game. The kids seem have lot heart and I don’t see them giving up. But they r bad across the board. I seen creek develop some decent players over the years. But I think this game is over after the first quarter. Just kinda sad see them have face Coffman.

Good luck to the Rocks in the playoffs Harry. They have the potential to make a long run this year. Region 2 is stronger than Region 3 this year. My run is over as we have dropped to the level of Grove City. All I have are the memories.

Last edited:

Harry, Excellently said. Now that both Phipps & Parks high school football careers have ended consider myself lucky to have taken up a friend who said "come on, what else are you gonna do?" and watched them both as freshman play against Massillon Tuslaw in a cow pasture with some white chalk on it. The Orrville fans we stood next to said "they haven't done this before" as Sheron & Marquael lined up together in the backfield and proceeded to score seemingly at will. Their bodies were tiny but skills were undeniable.

Followed them both from that point forward and heard nothing but positive things about Sheron as a teammate and competitor. Wish him all the best.

(On a more snarky note, wondering how all of those kids who left Akron public schools are still playing for Massillon and Sheron's career is done? )

Good luck to the Rocks in the playoffs Harry. They have the potential to make a long run this year. Region 2 is stronger than Region 3 this year. My run is over as we have dropped to the level of Grove City. All I have are the memories.

Thanks TA . Hopefully this is one year blip . It happened so suddenly I don’t know what to make of it really . I could see if it was a totally new staff and system , but it’s not . The record would be the same if White stayed but may be the margins aren’t the same ? .

That’s the shocking thing , not the losses against a tough schedule but the blowouts . They will get beat by a margin again on Friday I am afraid . It will get better next year . Great run . That sustained run of success is rare .

Thanks TA . Hopefully this is one year blip . It happened so suddenly I don’t know what to make of it really . I could see if it was a totally new staff and system , but it’s not . The record would be the same if White stayed but may be the margins aren’t the same ? .

That’s the shocking thing , not the losses against a tough schedule but the blowouts . They will get beat by a margin again on Friday I am afraid . It will get better next year . Great run . That sustained run of success is rare .
White may have gotten another win and more competitiveness out of this group but I think it's obvious he has seen the talent level decrease and decided enough was enough especially with the more difficult schedule in the future. What I saw this year was shockingly bad. The defense was on the level of a Westland. Just horrible and almost comical in a sad way. No physicality.Could not tackle. The fire was not there at all. I cannot help but think White would have gotten at least more effort and fire from this group. I'm wondering now if RB's Nixon and Weir will transfer somewhere else. They could both start on most division 1 programs in Central Ohio. The situation is very bad and unless the new coach can get the participation up, I don't see it getting much better. Also I'm not sold on "player coaches" for programs that do not have an overabundance of talent. I did not expect much this year.Maybe a max of 3 wins at most but just......... wow ! Just shocked at how bad it was.

Last edited:
White may have gotten another win and more competitiveness out of this group but I think it's obvious he has seen the talent level decrease and decided enough was enough especially with the more difficult schedule in the future. What I saw this year was shockingly bad. The defense was on the level of a Westland. Just horrible and almost comical in a sad way. No physicality.Could not tackle. The fire was not there at all. I cannot help but think White would have gotten at least more effort and fire from this group. I'm wondering now if RB's Nixon and Weir will transfer somewhere else. They could both start on most division 1 programs in Central Ohio. The situation is very bad and unless the new coach can get the participation up, I don't see it getting much better. Also I'm not sold on "player coaches" for programs that do not have an overabundance of talent. I did not expect much this year.Maybe a max of 3 wins at most but just......... wow ! Unreral.

All "Era's " come to an end . The top public programs in the country over the last 30-40 years have all ebbed at some point, some have never gotten back the glory days or that consistent high level of success. Runs usually run for about 15-20 years with some getting towards 30 . As i said in a previous post My eyebrow rose a bit when I saw a tweet from the HC that there was still time to come out for HD football. Now the numbers deficit is a universal issue. Liberty , may be PC and some smaller schools may be exceptions , but the fact is football participation is down. Kids don't want to come out in some cases because they won't be stars, or would have to work too hard to ever start ? They think they are really good in anohter sport , often not nearly as good as they think ? Or just pretty good and they just don't feel like playing football . There are kids walking the hallways in most schools who could help the football program. HD is may be in a bad cycle right now but it may be short lived .. Momentum definitely ebbed the last 4-5 years despite having some really solid teams .

The losses aren't the crux of the matter though , it's the margins . The last three weeks they have played teams they don't match up with well at all. I have a personal story of sudden slippage. In my 3 years at my HS { 9th was Junior High } , we lost 3 games total , one in the last two years and one state title. There was a dispute with funding , pre- season camp and a shoe 'Scandal "{ accounting issue} and in the off-season after graduation the coach resigned { would have been fired because of mutual personal animus { politics} with the Superintendent despite two state titles in 10 years no losing seasons and only one mediocre team. Talent wasn't there in the rising Senior class after I graduated but the rising Juniors were really good . Whole staff left with the coach , some got head jobs at other places which they could have gotten years before. They hired a 'nice " guy , an easy dude to get along with who brought mediocre assistants with him { My cousin who was a Rising Junior who started both ways on that team told me early on how bad the staff was } . 4-6 with a great Junior class . 8-2 the next year{ no real play-off run } that should have been a 10-0 with a top seed. Went South from there , guy was done a few years later. The difference in this situation is , it isn't a different staff , it isn't a head guy with no experience in the program or hadn't coached there . That is what makes it so baffling just how non competitive they have been the last few weeks. You could see the drop off coming in my HS situation with a new staff that was a bad hire situation.

That isn't the case here IMO , so it's more puzzling. Scally not speaking to Coach White since taking the UA job is unfortunate . Kind of a mess that may be takes a few years to shake itself out . I do know that kids as talented as Weir and Nixon can't be jazzed about things right now , but would they only get 5 games next year if they left ?

Week 7 is here and that signifies that it is play-off time in this most different of seasons. What is going to be kind of interesting is how teams handle the rest of the time they are allowed to play games after they are eliminated from the play-offs . There will many teams available to meet up after this Friday's action. Are you on the phone right after the loss? Do some have an agreement in place already? Potentially a week three Liberty - Coffman match-up would result in a very good football team having a few weeks to play additional games? How will programs use their time ? Interesting in an unprecedented fluid way I must say.

Just did the Cal Preps lines for R-2 and R-3 and I must say that they are getting tighter and they are more accurate which is expected with additional weeks of information . These brackets are akin to March Madness brackets ,{ 16 team brackets} which of course we didn't get this year. I have handicapped College hoops for years and I must say that I felt a large void from Mid March through early April.{ No only the handicapping and hoops action but the travel to warmer locales at that time } Like March madness I see or at least look for those 5-12 ,6-11 bracket buster games and I see a couple potential upsets there.

In R-3 5 seed Burg plays a team they lost to by a point 12 seed Lenkuhster and is a 4 point favorite . 6th seed Orange plays a rematch with 11 seed Upper Arlington and that game is basically a pick em { OO -1} . A possible 'Upset" Special is 13 seed Bradley getting only three points vs Groveport Madison . That's some parity for you . There is always one of these types of situations in March Madness , where the difference between a 6 and 11 and 5 and 12's is not a large one .

In R-2 5 Seed Perrysburg is an UNDERDOG to 12 seed Fairmont { [-2} . 6 Seed Wayne is only a one point favorite vs. rival and number 11 seed Centerville . That's where that 'Underdog low spread dynamic ends in this region though . Number 4 seed Liberty is a 35 point favorite vs 13 seed Miamisburg .. Number 7 Marysville is a 17 point favorite over 10th seeded Jerome in another rematch situation.

There are only 6 " massive" favorite situations in the two regions . R-2 Top seed .Coffman is a 62 point fav vs B-Creek. R-1 Pick C is a 48 point choice vs. Grove City . Liberty is the 35 point Fav.as I mentioned , 2 seed Northmont is a 34 point choice vs 15 Middletown . 2 Seed Springfield is a 33 point Fav vs.14 Whitmer , and 2 Seed Pick North is a 28 point choice vs struggling 15 seed Davidson .

Westerville Central is the first team to advance as Central Crossing has a Covid situation . They are the 3rd seed in R-3 ,CC -14. Hopefully we don't see more teams get eliminated by Covid forfeit .

Really sucks for Phipps and the rest of the kids impacted by these horrible rules. Public schools are at a big enough disadvantage competing against multi-district catholic schools and other "open enrollment" schools to begin with, and now you are going to tell me when someone's parents/guardians actually MOVE within that pubic district that they still have to sit out? Absolutely ridiculous

Week 7 Round one

R-3

# 10 New Albany at # 7 Westy North - CP Line WN - 4

Both squads ground and pound . WN is as a great story . First play-offs since 1999. First time with as many as five wins since 2005 . Home game ? Wow . I can't recall on any forum or the old Huddle and this one a poster talking about WN . Off the radar . MIA . A good Homecoming opponent. WN has been in close games vs this class of opponent the last two week sin a 3 point win vs Big Nut and a one point win vs Kilbourne last week. The thing that stands out is that Kilbourne outplayed outgained and ran up some impressive yards on the ground. NA can run the football pretty well when playing a team at their own level. Last two weeks ? That wasn't the case . At all . Pick North and Westy Central had their way with them . Rooting for WN to get that big home play-off win which last came so long ago a baby at tat game can now go to a bar for happy hour . A third straight close call for WN? And after getting routed by superior teams in terms of size strength and speed , they get a team more like them. I'll grab the 4 points here and expect a cover , but hopefully WN wins ?

WN 20 NA 18

# 13 Hilliard Bradley at # 4 Groveport Madison - CP Line GPM - 3

Saw Bradley up close and they were pretty good . Played without 2 key players on offense { Mayfield and Pugh } and still scored 2 Td's . Mirgon was the reason , he danced, he slithered, he had a long TD run , he escaped time after time , he rolled out away from pressure and hit receivers , he is as elusive and good an escape guy as any QB I have seen in a while . They made plays on defense , they were fairly physical and pushed Coffman . Rocks only had about 100 yards more .. GPM has had some issues with kids sitting out{ Covid?} barely beat Central Crossing last week. Not sure what they have available really . Bradley may be the best 1-5 team in the state? Been a tough season over there. Now two key offensive guys out? GPM is making only their third play-off appearance since 2007 . Tough call , but I am going to grab the three points and hope Mirgon shows the flash he did last week escaping against an athletic defense. Going to steal the final score from last years round one match-up with Davidson. Bradley loses a tough one but covers the small spot .

GPM 19 HB 18

# 11 Upper Arlington at # 6 Orange - CP Line OO - 1

Orange has had trouble running the ball vs better teams , Coffman and Liberty last week . Liberty kind of embarrassed them . Beat them up . Kenley ran circles around them Ego bruise is still purple . The ran the ball well in the first game vs UA and pulled away eventually in a closely contested contest for three quarters . This game is basically a pick em . Comparative scores shows UA played Coffman much better than Orange ,beat Davidson much easier , and hung in against Liberty much better than Orange did . Liberty tends to peak late in the year though { Last year was an injury nightmare but the last few years this has been the case} and Orange did beat UA outgaining them by about 60 yards or so .
UA can win here. The line is pretty accurate. The difference to me is QB where I am going to take Orange to win again but much closer . Wouldn't be surprised to see UA get the win though.

Orange 23 UA 20

WEEK 7 Round One Cont.

# 16 Grove City at # 1 Pickerington North - CP Line PC - 48

Have covered some game lately grabbing the massive points with PC opponents. PC follows the 'Scrimmage " type game script well. Get up by about 4-5 scores by half , score may be once more and cruise along with a running clock . Not going to write too much about this excellent team this week . Next week I'll get to that a bit more . Name the score type season. No real weakness , although PC hard core guys are not happy with the O-Line it seems. Injury's , not being dominant enough? Coffman has similar issues up front on offense at the moment. Won't matter for either team this week anyway. Going to switch it up and go for a PC cover here as it is the play-offs after all and PC might keep guys in an extra posession?

PC 54 GC 3

# 15 Davidson at # 2 Pickerington North- CP Line PN -28

Have written about Davidson fairly extensively the last few weeks . The proud program is getting their ears boxed in the last few weeks. The losses aren't unexpected , the margins are however. Non competitive games. Nolo contendere . This one should be no different. PN is peaking? I think they will be standing next to PC at regional final time. It's a new era at Davidson, much work to do . PN with too much speed and quickness here, more physical as well which is the biggest difference with HD this year . They are getting pushed around.

PN 38 HD 7

# 9 Darby at # 8 Gahanna - CP Line Darby - 5

Line is fair, both teams are kind of hard to figure out . Darby always has the advantage of their opponents not having seen or played against this system. Very few teams never throw the ball . Darby is one of them . Gahanna defense is bad. When they play good teams they basically give up about 40 . Darby won't reach that most likely but can you reasonably expect the Lions to bow up and keep the score down here ? Not really . Darby will grind , and they have a certain formula that will work against this class of defense . Horvath is an excellent runner and Jones can get key third and shorts with his power and strength . Look for them to complete at least one key pass for a td or a long gain to set up a score as well . pretty good battle but Darby is the choice with their running game and a better defense. One score game .

Darby 27 Gahanna 20

Week 7 is here and that signifies that it is play-off time in this most different of seasons. What is going to be kind of interesting is how teams handle the rest of the time they are allowed to play games after they are eliminated from the play-offs . There will many teams available to meet up after this Friday's action. Are you on the phone right after the loss? Do some have an agreement in place already? Potentially a week three Liberty - Coffman match-up would result in a very good football team having a few weeks to play additional games? How will programs use their time ? Interesting in an unprecedented fluid way I must say.

Just did the Cal Preps lines for R-2 and R-3 and I must say that they are getting tighter and they are more accurate which is expected with additional weeks of information . These brackets are akin to March Madness brackets ,{ 16 team brackets} which of course we didn't get this year. I have handicapped College hoops for years and I must say that I felt a large void from Mid March through early April.{ No only the handicapping and hoops action but the travel to warmer locales at that time } Like March madness I see or at least look for those 5-12 ,6-11 bracket buster games and I see a couple potential upsets there.

In R-3 5 seed Burg plays a team they lost to by a point 12 seed Lenkuhster and is a 4 point favorite . 6th seed Orange plays a rematch with 11 seed Upper Arlington and that game is basically a pick em { OO -1} . A possible 'Upset" Special is 13 seed Bradley getting only three points vs Groveport Madison . That's some parity for you . There is always one of these types of situations in March Madness , where the difference between a 6 and 11 and 5 and 12's is not a large one .

In R-2 5 Seed Perrysburg is an UNDERDOG to 12 seed Fairmont { [-2} . 6 Seed Wayne is only a one point favorite vs. rival and number 11 seed Centerville . That's where that 'Underdog low spread dynamic ends in this region though . Number 4 seed Liberty is a 35 point favorite vs 13 seed Miamisburg .. Number 7 Marysville is a 17 point favorite over 10th seeded Jerome in another rematch situation.

There are only 6 " massive" favorite situations in the two regions . R-2 Top seed .Coffman is a 62 point fav vs B-Creek. R-1 Pick C is a 48 point choice vs. Grove City . Liberty is the 35 point Fav.as I mentioned , 2 seed Northmont is a 34 point choice vs 15 Middletown . 2 Seed Springfield is a 33 point Fav vs.14 Whitmer , and 2 Seed Pick North is a 28 point choice vs struggling 15 seed Davidson .

Westerville Central is the first team to advance as Central Crossing has a Covid situation . They are the 3rd seed in R-3 ,CC -14. Hopefully we don't see more teams get eliminated by Covid forfeit .

Good stuff Harry. How good r some of these teams like liberty and Marysville. Sorry I don’t know lot. I’m asking because northmont could possibly play Marysville. I know they look impressive from their record and scores. From what I see northmont probably wouldn’t beat them. Just know u r knowledgeable on lot these teams. And do u think fairmont should win their game. If u have already commented on some of these games score wise I apologize. It’s just hard judge some of these teams when there was no crossovers and lack of games. Thread I was on turned into a p*ssing contest and got off topic. Just enjoy your analysis of things

Good stuff Harry. How good r some of these teams like liberty and Marysville. Sorry I don’t know lot. I’m asking because northmont could possibly play Marysville. I know they look impressive from their record and scores. From what I see northmont probably wouldn’t beat them. Just know u r knowledgeable on lot these teams. And do u think fairmont should win their game. If u have already commented on some of these games score wise I apologize. It’s just hard judge some of these teams when there was no crossovers and lack of games. Thread I was on turned into a p*ssing contest and got off topic. Just enjoy your analysis of things

I haven't done any predictions for R-2 yet, may be a few a bit later today and the rest tomorrow . Northmont has found ways to win games which is a skill when you are able to do it multiple times . Coffman has been down 14-0 twice this season and outscored the two opponents by a combined 48-3 after that . It is always good to experience some adversity and then come back and show that you can do it . Northmont has that and they have a very good HS QB and they have some good skill D-1 talent. That gives them a chance vs Marysville and Liberty and hopefully Coffman which would mean they both made the final . Marysville is a very solid team with excellent size and some really nice running backs { Kern is the their go to guy and a veteran} including 5 star Junior Ohio State recruit LB/ RB Gabe Powers . Line is big and effective. They aren't world beaters though , you can score on them with your athletic QB who can throw and some weapons who can get deep which you guys have .

They have one egg layer game which was a turnover laden chitshow vs Hilliard Darby where they lost 31-28 . They seem to be peaking now. They are very physical. It will be a good game . Dublin Jerome is well coached and lost to Marysville 31-12 and might give them a go for a while in the rematch tomorrow, but they are a bit banged up as they have bene most of the year. You will be playing M-Ville next week { 90 percent } . They don't throw it much so you can defend them IF YOU ARE PHYSICAL ENOUGH UP FRONT. You would know that better than me of Northmont, from seeing them up closer this year . Be talking more next week about this match-up .

Fairmont is a two point favorite over Perrysburg per Cal Preps . I think it is light actually . If we were using the Harbin system ? Perrysburg would be the top seed which in this case shows the weakness or flaw in the system. Fairmont is much more battle tested . They are 2-4 and Perrysburg is 5-0 yet Cal Preps has the 2-4 team favored? Tells you something . P-Burg I have seen up close twice vs. Coffman { DC is 3-0 vs. P-Burg since 2017 with an average margin of victory of 32 points} and they aren't in the same class as good OCC teams and good Gwoc teams . Their schedule contained one D-4 team 2 D-3 teams and two D-2 teams . Best wins were a 27-24 win vs D-2 Anthony Wayne who is rebuilding this year { They blew out P-Burg last year} and D-3 5-1 Bowling Green . Fairmont won't beat them by the margins Coffman has , but I fully expect them to win the game despite the long trip and their close battles with solid GWOC programs will benefit them tomorrow . P-Burg is a good program , they have had better teams than they have had the last few years and their schemes { Spread} are pretty good and they have some experience , but I like F-Mont by a TD .?

# 11 Upper Arlington at # 6 Orange - CP Line OO - 1

Orange has had trouble running the ball vs better teams , Coffman and Liberty last week . Liberty kind of embarrassed them . Beat them up . Kenley ran circles around them Ego bruise is still purple . The ran the ball well in the first game vs UA and pulled away eventually in a closely contested contest for three quarters . This game is basically a pick em . Comparative scores shows UA played Coffman much better than Orange ,beat Davidson much easier , and hung in against Liberty much better than Orange did . Liberty tends to peak late in the year though { Last year was an injury nightmare but the last few years this has been the case} and Orange did beat UA outgaining them by about 60 yards or so .
UA can win here. The line is pretty accurate. The difference to me is QB where I am going to take Orange to win again but much closer . Wouldn't be surprised to see UA get the win though.

Orange 23 UA 20

Nice summary. I was hoping UA would get to play some new teams. I think if they played all the teams in R3 they could win 10 or 11. 11th seed seems as fair as can be with a 2-4 record. R3 bracket did not provide new teams. Even if they manage to beat Orange they will get West. Central. Oh well.

I have watched all the games this year and think Orange did just about everything they wanted to in that game. Hopefully UA can create a few breaks and make something happen.

I haven't done any predictions for R-2 yet, may be a few a bit later today and the rest tomorrow . Northmont has found ways to win games which is a skill when you are able to do it multiple times . Coffman has been down 14-0 twice this season and outscored the two opponents by a combined 48-3 after that . It is always good to experience some adversity and then come back and show that you can do it . Northmont has that and they have a very good HS QB and they have some good skill D-1 talent. That gives them a chance vs Marysville and Liberty and hopefully Coffman which would mean they both made the final . Marysville is a very solid team with excellent size and some really nice running backs { Kern is the their go to guy and a veteran} including 5 star Junior Ohio State recruit LB/ RB Gabe Powers . Line is big and effective. They aren't world beaters though , you can score on them with your athletic QB who can throw and some weapons who can get deep which you guys have .

They have one egg layer game which was a turnover laden chitshow vs Hilliard Darby where they lost 31-28 . They seem to be peaking now. They are very physical. It will be a good game . Dublin Jerome is well coached and lost to Marysville 31-12 and might give them a go for a while in the rematch tomorrow, but they are a bit banged up as they have bene most of the year. You will be playing M-Ville next week { 90 percent } . They don't throw it much so you can defend them IF YOU ARE PHYSICAL ENOUGH UP FRONT. You would know that better than me of Northmont, from seeing them up closer this year . Be talking more next week about this match-up .

Fairmont is a two point favorite over Perrysburg per Cal Preps . I think it is light actually . If we were using the Harbin system ? Perrysburg would be the top seed which in this case shows the weakness or flaw in the system. Fairmont is much more battle tested . They are 2-4 and Perrysburg is 5-0 yet Cal Preps has the 2-4 team favored? Tells you something . P-Burg I have seen up close twice vs. Coffman { DC is 3-0 vs. P-Burg since 2017 with an average margin of victory of 32 points} and they aren't in the same class as good OCC teams and good Gwoc teams . Their schedule contained one D-4 team 2 D-3 teams and two D-2 teams . Best wins were a 27-24 win vs D-2 Anthony Wayne who is rebuilding this year { They blew out P-Burg last year} and D-3 5-1 Bowling Green . Fairmont won't beat them by the margins Coffman has , but I fully expect them to win the game despite the long trip and their close battles with solid GWOC programs will benefit them tomorrow . P-Burg is a good program , they have had better teams than they have had the last few years and their schemes { Spread} are pretty good and they have some experience , but I like F-Mont by a TD .?

Thanks for the insight on these. And I forgot Gabe powers was from there. That will b a treat see him seeing how I’m a huge buckeye fan. Yes from what I could tell Marysville looks very physical. I hope bolts can at least make a game of it. But i give Marysville the edge. Just been strange year and hate northmont Coffman game didn’t get played. Not that I thought northmont win. Just want see how close they r to a team like Coffman. Thanks for the info. And look forward to your analysis of region 2

Thanks for the insight on these. And I forgot Gabe powers was from there. That will b a treat see him seeing how I’m a huge buckeye fan. Yes from what I could tell Marysville looks very physical. I hope bolts can at least make a game of it. But i give Marysville the edge. Just been strange year and hate northmont Coffman game didn’t get played. Not that I thought northmont win. Just want see how close they r to a team like Coffman. Thanks for the info. And look forward to your analysis of region 2

Yes I agree I was looking forward to the full schedule which included home games vs Northmont and Elder . I think Coffman wins that one with their defense as they did last year , although the offense would have been better than last year's as it was later in the year last year . It appears the Bolts can give up chunks of points at times . Speaking of that , I am going to do that shortly but need to get that last game in R-3 out of the way.

Last game in R-3

#12 Lancaster at # 5 R-Burg - CP Line Burg - 4

42-41 shootout, earlier on . 533 yards for the Gaels and they hold on as Burg went for two at the end after coming back from a three score deficit. Burg defense is younger and a year away . That has been established in pretty much every game where their opponents score points sometimes at will. They have the experienced QB and some weapons that allows them to score themselves. Jennings is a class QB and he has some dudes to get the ball to . Gaels will look to ground and pound as always BUT in the last meeting they completed only a few passes , but they went for 173 yards total which is something that the Raiders will likely clean up and fix in this encounter. Beautiful Indian summer day and early evening won't impede the offenses whatsoever . Not a huge fan of rematches , especially this early on , but this one will be entertaining . More fans would be appropriate. Shame . Gaels will fight hard and both teams will score , but I see Burg making a couple adjustments and may be play some offensive horses both ways? Grabbing the 4 seems prudent looking at all numbers and factors but part of me thinks the Gaels don't get the three completions that went for almost 60 yards a completion this time around. 6 yards an attempt on the ground is a problem though that the Burg is going to have also clean up a bit. Numbers are tempting but I'll lay them here .

Burg 36 Lenkuhster 30

Week 7 Cont.

The normal flow of the season would not only give us more evidence of a team's strengths and weaknesses , but also their mental toughness . The season at this point has a quasi game scrimmage / later regular season type game feel. Teams sometimes by week 7 are in the packing it in stage , been a tougher year for them , a couple losses they didn't anticipate, play-offs are gone and that energy that it takes to doe the work in practice to keep going wanes and fades . This year this dynamic shows itself in a 'playoff game . Just weird . As it will be when some teams get upset and have a few weeks of season they can play . Will they feel it? Coaches will want to keep practicing , looking at some younger guys and playa couple more games for sure . Wear down factor is less on one hand but many teams didn't have the reps in the pre-season with scrimmages adn other off-season activities so it's not a normal week 7 anyway even with it being a play-off situation . Anyway R-2 thoughts. Being a Dayton heavy region , there are games where I an not as familiar with the combatants strengths and weaknesses . I have some idea but not the real feel for them .

#14 Whitmer at # 3 Springfield - CP Line SP - 33

Whitmer has fallen off quite a bit . Have only played 5 games but the evidence suggest that their level of play is quite a ways off . They lost a 4 year starting QB who felt like he was there for about 7 . You know how you see a college QB that seems like he has been there so long that you can't remember who else ever played QB there? That's Whitmer with Riley Keller. Keller and Whitmer couldn't get past OCC members Coffman and Liberty the last three years losing games handily in each situation . This year's team is a full level and then another half level down from those clubs. A parallel situation may be Whitmer's losses to Desales and St.Johns Jesuit who the Panthers lost to by an average of 23 . Springfield is better than those teams as the line reflects . Whitmer only lost to nine seed Findlay by 10 . Flip the coin? How interested is S-Field in putting it on them? 33 is a large number . BUT ? Nice night , more athletes, stronger team , statement ?

Springfield 41 Whitmer 6

# 11 Centerville at # 6 Wayne - CP Line Wayne - 1

Wayne is a few years removed from those total kicking teams that took no prisoners and overwhelmed you with a dizzying array of speed talent size and strength. Still talented and dangerous BUT ? Not as sharp because the coaching isn't the same? Penalty's , playing down to competition , not putting games away ? Check check check . Centerville seems to not be really interested in the defensive side of the ball . Just too easy to move it on them . Harrison is a really good QB, but they don't actually play complementary football as it were , which is your defense and offense working together more as ONE and picking each other up when needed. Hilliard Davidson's long run of great success personified this with the offense working as if they were as interested in helping them out by making them defend less snaps and not putting them in as many adverse situations as possible with shorter fields . Centerville is more this years Dallas Cowboys who most analysts agree does as poor a job at this dynamic as anyone in the NFL . C-Ville's 42-0 pasting of Miamisburg keeps this number down . Wayne won by 5 the first time around and that seems about right here once again. if they can just stay at about 100 yards in penalty's they should win . [273 in a recent game }

Wayne 34 Centerville 27

Week 7 Cont.

# 13 Miamisburg at # 4 Liberty - CP Line OL - 35

Is M-Burg the team that lost to 2 seed N-Mont by 6? Or the one that lost to Centerville by 42? Somewhere in the middle ? Probably . The scores in the GWOC have mostly been competitive . OCC Central games for the most part have also been pretty close at times with one score separating the squads . I see Liberty scoring at least 38 , but again how interested are they going to be when they get up 3 scores and to keep going ? How important is it to blow this team out ? Line is pretty much spot on here IMO in terms of the difference in the teams. One thing I do know is M-Burg isn't scoring the 24 or 34 they scored on Wayne and N-Mont respectively . Liberty is the corporate machine that has numbers of worker bees who are molded and coached to achieve a certain consistent level of performance Burg will see the efficiency up close and it will produce a margin . How large is really hard to tell . Most of these games I would not have a real opinion on a side against the spread , but It's the play-offs and I will offer an opinion no matter how tepid. 15-5 last two weeks against them number would indicate I am getting a good feel . BUT there are enough of these types of games that can change that quickly . Solid profits in the six week regular season only doing five weeks { First week nothing at all to work with so waited till week 2} but this is the play-offs and mindsets change . Coin came up with Burg covering . 'Barely ".

Liberty 38 M-Burg 7

# 15 Middletown at # 2 Northmont - CP Line NM - 34

Have an idea what Northmont has as they can move the ball with their talented transfer QB { How is it he doesn't have to sit like some others? { Legit family move with football having zero to do with it Lol ?} Sorry , but how some play and some can't despite the 128 exceptions is beyond me a bit . The new guy in town makes the team go and without him ? a bit better than Meh . Despite the talent they have without the crazy talented straw that stirs the drink at the trigger position ? A team with a suspect defense losing 2-3 games instead of being undefeated no doubt. Middletown is the program that should be better but never is . Feels like the generational dysfunctional family with no end in sight . I am going to look a little closer at the top teams next week who are basically playing games against non play -off teams in walkover's this week . N-Mont is one of them . HAVING NO IDEA what Middletown has and how much they care makes this less than a guess , BUT I have a feeling they score a time or two here and may be cover ?

Northmont 45 Middletown 13

Good stuff Harry. And I’ll agree Coffman would of put chunks yards and points on northmont. I don’t see them getting by Marysville. But the elk Wayne game should b a good one. I do think Wayne will b back. They have the talent. Their a pretty big athletic bunch when I saw them in person. I believe next couple years they could possibly b back where they were. I always kinda considered Them the colerain of the gwoc. And elks could put it all together could surprise a team. Fairmont if they ever get away from that offense they could possibly beat teams. Their a solid team. If bolts just do get by Marysville which I think b long shot they would have play Wayne probably. Beating a team twice especially a good team is to hard do. But anyway thanks for your analysis of the games. And good luck to coffman. For now anyway. Lol

Marysville straight up bullied Tangy last night, Tangy lack of throwing game caught up with them for sure. There's only so much you can do when the average kid on the other team is 3 inches taller and has 30 more lbs of muscle. Marysville looms as a very difficult game for 1-dimensional running teams, but they are also limited offensively and will ultimately lose to anyone with decent size on defense (which Tangy does not have) who has a balanced offense and some ability to mix it up and throw.

Liberty is coming together at the right time and Kenly finally had a breakout game we were all expecting. Very interested to see the Dayton area teams matchup in R2 with our schools, Wayne obviously a very good team and right there with Northmont and Spingfield.

Westy Central ended up playing some really good ball after I gave up on them earlier in the year, may make some noise in the other bracket, but still have my doubts.

In D2, loving Berlin's draw as they should absolutely win their first 2 games and face South. Not knowing much about Green, hard to anticipate Tangys 4v5 matchup with them, but certainly seems possible they can reach a semi vs Perry, who is extremely 1 dimensional. Question there will be if Perry is more like Darby or more like Marysville in terms of size, although they will undoubtedly have better skill position TBs

I agree with this assessment 100%. If you can load the box and stuff Marysville’s run game, it’s hard for them to move the ball. I do believe they can win their first playoff game but from there on I have my doubts. I will be interested to see how the Central Ohio schools matchup with the Dayton area schools.
Good thing all the people on here have such a "strong" understanding of football and how to evaluate teams. You are all idiots that think you are reporting for ESPN. If you load the box you stop a running team like Marysville. Well every team has put 10 guys in the box and they still average almost 400yds of rushing per game. How many state titles does Davidson have? Weren't they a run first team. Teams that can run the ball at this point in the season always have a chance to win. But I will let you idiots sort out the details since you are the greatest football minds in the world!!! Turds don't quite your day jobs, because lord knows you are idiots when it comes to evaluating football.

Week 7 Cont.

# 10 Jerome at # 7 Marysville - CP Line M-Ville - 17

First meeting the Monarchs kind of had their way physically with the Celts. 31-12 was an apt final score. Rematches can be tricky and I really don't like them . But it happens every year . Sometimes in normal years a week 10 game is followed by a week rematch isn't out of the question . Jerome has a really really good Frosh team EVERY year , their main feeder Middle School is always the best in Dublin . EVERY YEAR five years running and may be 6 out of 7? They kick the crap out of the other MS in Dublin for quite a while now . So what happens at the varsity level ? Marysville for that matter in a variety of sports is often really good at the younger levels but the varsity level isn't as strong . M-Ville is stepping it up now. Size strength and more talent = a threat to go deeper in the play-offs . Jerome won a game last year as an underdog to Springboro in a multiple OT thriller. Celts have achieved some in the Geciwich era , I am not suggesting that their more state ranked like Frosh and MS teams aren't translating to a nice level of play at the varsity level some years.

They look really good one week { Olentangy } and then kind of MEH another week { last 15 minutes vs. Berlin } with some games in between that. They moved the ball well at times vs Coffman but only scored 6 points in a 41-6 loss giving up multiple 'big " plays . It seems that despite the Frosh team prospering and rarely losing including this year where they just beat an unbeaten and impressive DeSales club , that the HC creates and impression of the little engine that could type persona , downplays his talent size and strength . Well we just don't have the type of players that are being recruited by anyone and we are just a lunch pail crew who hopes to get by somehow . The seem to have a lot of injury's this year. I see some of their top players have been playing I guess a few haven't been . Is next year the year with EVERY class being better than the other Dublin schools feeders and Frosh team? I actually thin it is and they will kick everyone's next year? Suffice to say Geciwich who runs a very good program and obviously the younger levels are prospering every year , will say at one point how his underdog band of mediocre athletes will have to achieve something somehow. It just seems that since say 2010 and especially the last 5-7 years the junior Country Clubbers are kicking everyone's , but at some point at the varsity level they are going to be at some point categorized as mediocre limited athletes as a group.

I get the Frosh dynamic of the lessening advantages of size and maturity over time, but this isn't just one year or a few years, it seems it's like this EVERY YEAR . and Geciwich will tweet how impressed and proud he is , until they get to him that is, then they become just guys who need to work harder to achieve victory after not losing more than a game or two combined for the 3-4 years previously ? Really like Geciwich as a coach and root for them every week unless they are playing Coffman . Hope they win tonight . But they just aren't quite good enough 'this " year , may be next? Monarchs are playing great defense at the moment . Close cover for the Monarchs

Marysville 28 Jerome 10

Good thing all the people on here have such a "strong" understanding of football and how to evaluate teams. You are all idiots that think you are reporting for ESPN. If you load the box you stop a running team like Marysville. Well every team has put 10 guys in the box and they still average almost 400yds of rushing per game. How many state titles does Davidson have? Weren't they a run first team. Teams that can run the ball at this point in the season always have a chance to win. But I will let you idiots sort out the details since you are the greatest football minds in the world!!! Turds don't quite your day jobs, because lord knows you are idiots when it comes to evaluating football.
Wow, that’s a real good look for Marysville. I believe there was another M-Ville poster last year that gave us a bad look. I’m obviously a Marysville fan but I look at everything objectively. Obviously every team Marysville is going to play will load the box. The DIFFERENCE is that different teams will bring different physicality when they load the box. All I am saying is that we might not have as much of a size and physicality advantage against Coffman, Liberty, and some of the GWOC schools than we would when we played Thomas Worthington, Jerome, and so forth.

I think the consensus has been even from Northmont fans that the Monarchs will likely BEAT them and everyone is impressed with how Physical Marysville is . Not sure why you are so angry and insulting here . Never said that a run only team never mind a run 'first" team can't win a state title , but that was last done at the D-1 level 11 years ago . I think the point is there will be teams down the road that can may be not get pushed around as much upfront that can give the Monarchs some trouble. Sorry if you find that insulting . I have been predicting games using point spreads in these spaces for many years now , have done pretty well overall really well at times . Again sorry if you feel the commentary and thoughts are beneath you. .

Last edited:
Wow, that’s a real good look for Marysville. I believe there was another M-Ville poster last year that gave us a bad look. I’m obviously a Marysville fan but I look at everything objectively. Obviously every team Marysville is going to play will load the box. The DIFFERENCE is that different teams will bring different physicality when they load the box. All I am saying is that we might not have as much of a size and physicality advantage against Coffman, Liberty, and some of the GWOC schools than we would when we played Thomas Worthington, Jerome, and so forth.

Yea. Gwoc can b physical. I think b interesting. If northmont does play. The. Monarchs they. Will probably have Score every drive. I could see. Marysville controlling the clock. Wayne and Springfield defenses would match up better than northmont. Bolts seem give up big plays And other times can shut U down with their speed. But physically against Marysville I don’t see them stopping a sustained running game. If they play.

Week 7 Cont.

# 16 Beavercreek at # 1 Coffman - CP line DC - 62

Don't really like games like this and the Rocks aren't likely to get a whole lot from it . If they play sloppy and are disinterested ? Bad. if they don'[t get nay pushback but play well ? Not all that great. If they are sloppy and don't play as well as they should? Bad. It's all not great . Hope they took advantage of the nice weather for a really good week of practice which will help them down the road . I have some thoughts on the Rocks and where they are going from here but will wait until the weekend to go over that . I will say I forgot to mention that Underclassmen D-Lineman Soph. DE Will Smith and Jr. DT-DE Kyle Buckley have been really coming on and providing a high level of play to complement the Senior laden more established veterans .Smith was really good last week in particular vs Bradley and Buckley has bene really consistent . Next year should be really interesting in terms of how good each will be. Three teams have hung 70 + on the Creek . Coach Crabtree isn't a jerk , he wont purposefully embarrass anyone . BUT is it possible to not have the 3's and deeper reserves not play really hard and the Creek may not be able to stop them ? I don't know really . So again kind of impossible to have a strong opinion with a line like this

DC 58 Creek 7

Last edited: