Dublin Coffman next year

So because "everyone else did it" Marinelli should run his program that way? Interesting, I'm sure your post will convince him...
Well EVERYONE actually did/does it. I can see maybe the first yr or two not really knowing how it might all play out might keep you away. Or if a lot of schools do not participate making it a hollow tourney. But it is now imbedded and has been tweaked enough to where it’s easily doable. Spare me the cutting weight on Wednesday-Thursday routine. The libs could have rolled out half their JV lineup and won the first couple of matches. Or just bump everyone up a weight. Set your schedule accordingly.
Gratz to DC for representing respectability for CO in this tourney!

Well EVERYONE actually did/does it. I can see maybe the first yr or two not really knowing how it might all play out might keep you away. Or if a lot of schools do not participate making it a hollow tourney. But it is now imbedded and has been tweaked enough to where it’s easily doable. Spare me the cutting weight on Wednesday-Thursday routine. The libs could have rolled out half their JV lineup and won the first couple of matches. Or just bump everyone up a weight. Set your schedule accordingly.
Gratz to DC for representing respectability for CO in this tourney!

Cool, good to know...I’m just glad they didn’t wrestle their JV against Ed’s like they did at Graham in the State duals..respectability and all...

Last edited:
coffman has showed central ohio what an be done. They have kids with crazy goats, steiber, miron. They are gonna keep keeping on. Will people transfer in? Id say yes. Id say Lawson was a nice addition that made liberty what they were too. Bottom line to me is are the kids there getting better? Id say yes

shumate, birden, oyaub, oyaub, ucker, gartrell, little baumann... They have the Beast mode program ... they have the coaches kids coming in soon, which will attract others.... With this staff, they are a top 5 team going forward

Tha
Cool, good to know...I’m just glad they didn’t wrestle their JV against Ed’s like they did against Graham in the State duals..respectability and all...
That makes no sense. I’m sure the state dual finals are not set up on Wednesday.

Tha

That makes no sense. I’m sure the state dual finals are not set up on Wednesday.

Your correct it doesn’t make sense...but it happened...now why would they do that?? DC sat their varsity at Graham and wrestled their JV in the State Duals regional...I mean obviously everyone was doing it (?) so that’s probably why they did it...respect✊ and all...

Last edited:
Your correct it doesn’t make sense...but it happened...now why would they do that?? DC sat their varsity at Graham and wrestled their JV in the State Duals regional...I mean obviously everyone was doing it (?) so that’s probably why they did it...respect✊ and all...

Quit living in the past

Quit living in the past

Ha now that’s funny...bashing OLib for not doing the duals in 2016/17 is cool...but pointing out Coffman taking a dive so they didn’t get curb stomped by Graham in 2018 is “living in the past”...hilarious...✊

Ha now that’s funny...bashing OLib for not doing the duals in 2016/17 is cool...but pointing out Coffman taking a dive so they didn’t get curb stomped by Graham in 2018 is “living in the past”...hilarious...✊

I'm pretty sure everyone said they wanted O-Lib to do state duals when O-Lib was good to see how well they would have done, 100% of folks on this site said O-Lib would have curb stomped folks way back in 2017. NO ONE BASHED THEM. Doesn't really matter now, O-Lib is a solid 2nd place team again this year in their league.?

I always thought it was a little bit busch league of Graham to wrestle DI that year (only). If you’re gonna go up, stay up. Don’t pick one year (only) when you’re clearly the best team.

I recall from a source that Graham was asked by an official at the OHSAA to come up that year. One, in their hearts most competitive D1 schools don’t want Graham there yearly. Two, Graham is only small country school in a Catholic town. It probably wouldn’t be safe for them to compete against the big boys. ?

I'm pretty sure everyone said they wanted O-Lib to do state duals when O-Lib was good to see how well they would have done, 100% of folks on this site said O-Lib would have curb stomped folks way back in 2017. NO ONE BASHED THEM. Doesn't really matter now, O-Lib is a solid 2nd place team again this year in their league.?
I would say O-Lib would of been 3rd maybe 4th that year. They lost to Massillon Perry. Massillon Perry ended up runner up to St Ed's that year at State duals.