Dublin Coffman next year

standup

Impressed by DC. Per Boro.
Below are the guys coming back next year!
Dc : 15, 2, 35, 2, 4, 18, 6, 4, 1, 4,
Ed’s: 3, 5, 26, 5, 3, 6, 6

Now ya know Ed’s will develop kids, if DC does the same with the group they have coming back. Very interesting, say sergeant Schultz

No question DC and Wadsworth will be the co-favorites opening up 2021-22. The rankings are only part of the story. Ed's room is loaded and it appears the incoming class will have at least 2 starters. Next years Ed's team will be VERY young and very good. Now we will see how they develope over the next 13 months. One thing is for sure, the coaching staff will have this years and next years Eagles ready to take on anyone in the country. They may lose but as shown yesterday they will fight.

DC returns five of the six kids in the lineup already with state experience.
They have two stud freshmen that will be at the state tournament this year.
The architecture is there for a clear nationally ranked team next year, as if they aren't one already this year.

Never count out St. Ed's and the outstanding room/coaches that they have. DC has taken the central district to a new level that I haven't seen, and they appear to be loaded for 2022 even though they lose 3 starters from this years team. I'm not sure what Wadsworth and Brecksville have returning, but they will probably be very good again as usual.

Congrats ROCKS you finished higher than your seed.

1612731564588.png

Never count out St. Ed's and the outstanding room/coaches that they have. DC has taken the central district to a new level that I haven't seen, and they appear to be loaded for 2022 even though they lose 3 starters from this years team. I'm not sure what Wadsworth and Brecksville have returning, but they will probably be very good again as usual.

They still have some catching up to do to a team in recent memory maybe 2017 I think. March will tell the story.

No question DC and Wadsworth will be the co-favorites opening up 2021-22. The rankings are only part of the story. Ed's room is loaded and it appears the incoming class will have at least 2 starters. Next years Ed's team will be VERY young and very good. Now we will see how they develope over the next 13 months. One thing is for sure, the coaching staff will have this years and next years Eagles ready to take on anyone in the country. They may lose but as shown yesterday they will fight.
What two or more starters does Eds have coming in the new incoming freshman class?

State duals don't make the season longer, it gives you more matches against quality opponents.

Maybe for some teams...but pretty sure the Liberty schedule those years was just fine LOL...they wrestled in Ironman, Brecksville, GIT, Bill Dies, & Liberty Classic...duals with Massillon Perry, LaSalle, Elder, Mechanicsburg, Marysville, Walsh Jesuit, Lake Catholic and their OCC duals among others...to Brakan’s point State Duals were on Weds, OCC duals Thurs and then tournaments Fri and/or Sat...that’s making weight 3 or 4 times per week...the one year they had Marysville Thurs, Massillon Perry Fri and GIT Saturday...adding 2 state duals on a Weds before that is idiotic...

Last edited:
State duals don't make the season longer, it gives you more matches against quality opponents.

I didnt say it made the season longer, i said making weight 3x a week would suck.

My senior year we had marysville on a Thursday, perry on a friday, the git on Saturday. I for one didnt want to wrestle on Wednesday night.

If you need more quality opponents and thats what its about then cool. Our schedule was a meat grinder, I didnt need to see elyria,brecksville, and st eds 5x in a season. People may start to catch on to things imo.

Fair point, but let me remind you that Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in one football game and won the very last city championship trophy that Polk High won including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

#GloryDays

Last edited:
Solid reference, Luc.

I don’t think it necessarily applies in this case (it will in 2057), but the reference is solid!

Solid reference, Luc.

I don’t think it necessarily applies in this case (it will in 2057), but the reference is solid!
Ok, how about this reference, if memory serves DC was a very questionable locking hands call away from knocking off OL that year in the dual, just a day after beating Marysville in the regional State dual championships.

Last edited:
Ok, how about this reference, if memory serves DC was a very questionable locking hands call away from knocking off OL that year in the dual a day after beating Marysville in the regional dual championships.

Yup, not that year, so memory has failed you...

Last edited:
Maybe for some teams...but pretty sure the Liberty schedule those years was just fine LOL...they wrestled in Ironman, Brecksville, GIT, Bill Dies, & Liberty Classic...duals with Massillon Perry, LaSalle, Elder, Mechanicsburg, Marysville, Walsh Jesuit, Lake Catholic and their OCC duals among others...to Brakan’s point State Duals were on Weds, OCC duals Thurs and then tournaments Fri and/or Sat...that’s making weight 3 or 4 times per week...the one year they had Marysville Thurs, Massillon Perry Fri and GIT Saturday...adding 2 state duals on a Weds before that is idiotic...

Everyone else did it. Or should I say all the big dogs in D1 from the NE played.