Dublin Coffman 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you . Rooting interest in all teams and many areas so many threads to go to . Yes I know there is no need . Just like there is no need to respond to you anymore . Well aware that lower levels don’t have to win a lot in order to have a decent varsity team. Been following this for a long time . Had Coffman and CO threads for years . Many people read . I Know what’s up . But this has never been the case ( almost no winning many years in a row and not having nearly as many good athletes and interest ). So on that note as you were condescending tone I’m done responding to you. May be others will answer your strong interest in Coffman and CO football . I hear a couple guys from other parts of the state learned a lot the past two years. 😂 Good luck to you and the Bears. See ya
Harry tone does not come through in the written word, I think you are interpreting my posts wrong. Yes there are numerous threads for folks on Yappi to view, I like you enjoy participating in several of them. Geez Harry never did I infer you did not know whats up.. Stokes is in what year 3? He is starting to put his footprint on the program. Coffman Football has nothing to worry about if they want Stokes back and he wants to stay the future could be bright! Guy is a proven winner... Just because we differ on opinion in other threads does not mean we always do Re: Football.

may i ask what was the reasoning behind the chatter.... or was it from guys on here that was against Stokes being hired in the first place....

I just remember it was earlier in the season around the time of the McKinley loss and folks jumping on Stokes. Comments specifically Re: the BOE not being on board with him anymore. Sorry do not recall who specifically. Harry probably knows who it was.
FWIW: I think he is doing a good job!

Heading to week 14 off of a 4-4 week vs. the Louie Line the ledger stands at 81-35-6 Right at 70 percent. Only 8 games left in D-1, D-2 and I'll add in pick in the Watterson game in D-3 vs OSU commit Tavien St. Clair and Bellefontaine. [ will he still be playing there next year? Core group of his cohorts is more Seniors than younger guys? hmm, he would look good in Green black and white next year no doubt}.

Week 14

St. Ed's - 26 Medina - Leaned Ed's laying this lumber at first as they should be able to score whenever they want to. How much do they want to pour it on? Medina gave up 53 to recently dispatched Olentangy and 42 to Mentor. And a whopping 62 to Cleveland Heights Current form is better though only giving up 19 to Wadsworth and 20 to C Heights. so can they continue the defensive improvement? Hmm. This is a different animal . Line is about right. Possible rainy night, not sure about the wind yet but may help the underdog. May be not.

Ed's 38 Medina 14

Teams off of the bye this week include the Chiefs and Eagles who play each other next Monday night. Rams with Stafford slated to be back at QB opened at +3 vs. Seattle and was gobbled up like the last few fries at the bottom of a McDonald's bag. It's now at + 1. Liked at 3. at 1-1.5 a teaser possibility in a ballgame that seems like a last possession or two type game. Denver at an open 8-8.5 was a go and the UNDER was automatic although it just got there. Prime time unders just keep cashing. Buffalo is in deep trouble and Allen is a turnover machine leading the league in giveaways and the team hit a bit of a bottom getting the break of missed 41-yard FG only to have 12 men on the field. Back-to-back cover 0 blitzes burned them on a 3rd and 10 as their corner played the FD stick and got beat by a couple steps, turned around late to see the ball but had made enough contact to merit a flag. Tough way to lose no doubt but they just don't seem to have it this year.

Miami is off of the bye and opened at 9.5-10 and grabbed immediately and greedily as the line has now is 12 to 12.5. Raiders got a bump after canning the much-disliked Joshy MCD. But who did they play after that? Not anything close to this rested, offensively explosive team. Dolphins off the loss to the Chiefs who they only gave up 2 offensive TD's and nothing in the second half, rolls to a 3 score win?

6 games this week including last night were decided by a last play winning FG. What are the odds of that? Never happened before. Cincinnati in a must win game Thursday. Ravens off of the loss? No play-offs for Bengals and or the Bills? Very real possibility. Bengals with a bad record in conference is up against it, and the Bills with a brutal schedule coming up. McDermott fired the OC Dorsey, but he should update his resume himself, I think. Emotionally he may never have gotten over [besides not being able to beat Cincinnati lol} not being able to salt away 13 seconds a couple seasons ago vs. the Chiefs in the play-offs. .

Teaser grabbed quick was Jax- 6 and Lions - 8. Jax should get the W vs. Tennessee even if at home where they seem to be worse lol. Lions ease past the Bears defense pretty easily.

Washington was a couple poor Lanning decisions fortunate to beat Oregon barely and has shown some chinks in their defensive armor. Oregon State at home is 17-1 last 18. Clemson transfer DJ UKELELE , lol, has flourished with 20 TD throws and only 4 picks and is averaging 9 yards per attempt. RB Martinez averages 6.4 a carry. Line opened at Washington - 2 and is now Oregon State favored by 2, ML play on the Beavers at home to throw chaos into the college football play-off dynamic. Husky defense is suspect. It just seems to their time for a loss. An interesting motivation angle is the fact that Oregon State is kind of homeless while Washington gets an invite to the palatial Big 10 estate next year? Little
extra fire?

Speaking of that angle, Texas heading to the SEC while Iowa State has no such suitor. Lost with Iowa State who we thought was in a good spot vs. Kansas two weeks ago. Lost that one but a decent bounce back situation vs BYU on the road even if BYU was down a few QB's. Night game, Last 3 Texas wins have bene by an average of 4 points including two at home vs. Houston, K-State and TCU. KSU opened + 8.5 now down to 7.5 , 8.5 was a great value [Teased to 14.5?} A few other tidbits, ISU coach Campbell has won three of 4 vs. Texas and the Cyclones are 11-5 ATS as home dogs. Longhorns have been blowing leads and not playing sound for 60 minutes and lost their stud RB Brooks to an ACL last week. In these last 4 vs Campbell and ISU they Longhorns have averaged 17.5 a game? Total has stayed UNDER in most of these match-up in the 9-year Campbel era. Total is 48. Average points in the last 8 meetings? 36 points. Colder temps favor ISU as well.

Virginia is a dismal 2-8 overall and 1-5 in the ACC. BUT they are 5-0 ATS as a conference underdog. They play hard and don't give up. Had them in a couple of these dog roles including last week vs Louisville. Duke down to their third string QB and they are off of a tough close rivalry loss to UNC last week. UVA at home getting 4 to keep it close vs Duke whose coach Elko is a prime candidate to replace Jimbo 'Money bags" Fisher [Buy out is obscene} . Elko was down there for 4 years as DC. he knows the program and the people down there. He has a good chance of getting this job and teams sometimes get distracted when their coach who has done a good job getting buy in in Durham is possibly leaving? Jut lost a blood and guts main rivalry game by 2 points? Going to UVA fresh off of this past week and coach spec? Excited? Not so much.

Heading to week 14 off of a 4-4 week vs. the Louie Line the ledger stands at 81-35-6 Right at 70 percent. Only 8 games left in D-1, D-2 and I'll add in pick in the Watterson game in D-3 vs OSU commit Tavien St. Clair and Bellefontaine. [ will he still be playing there next year? Core group of his cohorts is more Seniors than younger guys? hmm, he would look good in Green black and white next year no doubt}.

Sad that Dublin Coffman no longer has the homegrown talent to compete and must wish for transfers/move ins to increase their talent pool to be relevant.

There are many here who differ politically from me, don't care and no one else does either in this space for many years now. But trolls are trolls some have aligned with known trolls and are disingenuous turds IMO and that opinion has nothing to do with their party affiliation or political ideas. ZERO . a wormy troll is just that and it goes back a while now. It sometimes comes down to I just don't like that guy, so the conversation is done on my part. The last 2,5 to 3 years after a decade long troll free zone has changed. I post the same way as always and what interests me and seems to interest some others if the views mean anything. The trolls started arriving a few years back starting with one guy and that brought others who offered zero besides bashing me. It is not about having no disagreement or criticism, there has always been that here going back to the Huddle days. what's changed is the overt troll only crap that is relatively new. I mean a separate troll Harry thread[s} started last year? i have to laugh at the fascination tbh.

Last edited:
Sad that Dublin Coffman no longer has the homegrown talent to compete and must wish for transfers/move ins to increase their talent pool to be relevant.
Ditto PC PN Gahanna et al .[Yes more than them around the state and here} PS they have gotten many more in the recent past than Coffman has. One transfer has played a significant role this year. UA trasnferWR Wolpert ended up scoring the early decisive TD last week. They will likely get 1-2 more most years [WR Guru Rankin a former Coffman player who coaches there has his own skills camp }

Everybody does it so it’s ok.
I don't know if it's Ok or not, its not for me to judge what a family does for what reasons, and move ins happen all over CO with many corporate moves. I respect your disdain for it, but it's a pretty tame thing here compared to other regions and states. Do I think it's a sin and flat out wrong in a more transient country and increasing? No . ideally you don't want the big numbers of transfers and i don't understand the kids who go from One good program to another sometimes-sacrificing games to do so and in many cases, it hasn't helped the player at all and may have been better off staying put. Vast majority of players in most programs aren't transfers and go through the system. We've gone over this many times concerning Coffman. But look around. Things change, Basketball transferring is rampant [Rocks have lost a lot more than gained certainly in that sport but wrestling because of the training off season coaching dynamic gets more there. }and one kid makes a much bigger difference in hoops. It is what it is, not a right or wrong thing in 2023.

Good top see a Bell Font fan comment[OK not really a comment but is reading} By all means tell us what's on your mind as in the QB is staying put and the sources that told me adn others that he may be looking towards Co is wrong. That would be very helpful, Not thinking he's coming here tbh. and he doesn't need to go anywhere, but it's up to 4 people who have told me they have heard he may be interested in transferring. If he's not let us know.

Good top see a Bell Font fan comment[OK not really a comment but is reading} By all means tell us what's on your mind as in the QB is staying put and the sources that told me adn others that he may be looking towards Co is wrong. That would be very helpful, Not thinking he's coming here tbh. and he doesn't need to go anywhere, but it's up to 4 people who have told me they have heard he may be interested in transferring. If he's not let us know.
Harry- I would think a transfer to Springfield would be more likely then Coffman for him.

There are many here who differ politically from me, don't care and no one else does either in this space for many years now. But trolls are trolls some have aligned with known trolls and are disingenuous turds IMO and that opinion has nothing to do with their party affiliation or political ideas. ZERO . a wormy troll is just that and it goes back a while now. It sometimes comes down to I just don't like that guy, so the conversation is done on my part. The last 2,5 to 3 years after a decade long troll free zone has changed. I post the same way as always and what interests me and seems to interest some others if the views mean anything. The trolls started arriving a few years back starting with one guy and that brought others who offered zero besides bashing me. It is not about having no disagreement or criticism, there has always been that here going back to the Huddle days. what's changed is the overt troll only crap that is relatively new. I mean a separate troll Harry thread[s} started last year? i have to laugh at the fascination tbh.
Well said Harry. Not sure why you are trying to label me as a Troll when I am here to discuss DC and Central Ohio Football.

FWIW: I think Coffman has a decent shot Friday, just keep the chains moving with Hart & White. Get that rolling and it opens up play action over the top to Hairston, plus he can always hit Losey on some intermediate routes and drags to keep the Cats on their heels.
No Doubt Stokes will have a good game plan!

I don't know if it's Ok or not, its not for me to judge what a family does for what reasons, and move ins happen all over CO with many corporate moves. I respect your disdain for it, but it's a pretty tame thing here compared to other regions and states. Do I think it's a sin and flat out wrong in a more transient country and increasing? No . ideally you don't want the big numbers of transfers and i don't understand the kids who go from One good program to another sometimes-sacrificing games to do so and in many cases, it hasn't helped the player at all and may have been better off staying put. Vast majority of players in most programs aren't transfers and go through the system. We've gone over this many times concerning Coffman. But look around. Things change, Basketball transferring is rampant [Rocks have lost a lot more than gained certainly in that sport but wrestling because of the training off season coaching dynamic gets more there. }and one kid makes a much bigger difference in hoops. It is what it is, not a right or wrong thing in 2023.

But the reality is Dublin Coffman needs far more transfers in to be competitive than in years past. If ya can’t beat’em, join them.

It will be interesting if/when a transfer in takes the place of a ‘Dublin kid’ whose parents are influential in school board politics. If you encourage transfers in, you better win.

while my Political views are much different then Harry's, and when we first went ay it, we went after each other pretty good, so for months , i'm not sure i have responded to any of his political views( no matter how wrong he has been :))... but i do enjoy reading his posts on sports , partically Coffman football.... mainly because of the connection that i have with Coach Stokes( former Minster coach) . So life is too short ( as I have found out over the past two years) that its OK to disagree with some things, and enjoy the things that you do agree with!!!

while my Political views are much different then Harry's, and when we first went ay it, we went after each other pretty good, so for months , i'm not sure i have responded to any of his political views( no matter how wrong he has been :))... but i do enjoy reading his posts on sports , partically Coffman football.... mainly because of the connection that i have with Coach Stokes( former Minster coach) . So life is too short ( as I have found out over the past two years) that its OK to disagree with some things, and enjoy the things that you do agree with!!!
Don’t have to agree on sports either but this space has never had anything to do with politics . I’m friends with conservatives in Dublin and other parts of Columbus . People Coming here only because of political disagreements and to troll a stranger and who have zero knowledge or zero care about Coffman or CO football are losers . Period . Punks . Full stop . The UA guy who has started stopping by taking shots at me in other threads is a punk . Little chit troll . He will stay here I am sure .

Last edited:
But the reality is Dublin Coffman needs far more transfers in to be competitive than in years past. If ya can’t beat’em, join them.

It will be interesting if/when a transfer in takes the place of a ‘Dublin kid’ whose parents are influential in school board politics. If you encourage transfers in, you better win.
Don’t imagine they get a lot anyway . 20 year run from 2001 to 2020 was really good and not common . Nothing goes on forever .Stokes is a great coach and motivator and has done a lot with what he’s had . Two transfers and one got hurt and even when healthy wasn’t a fixture . Going forward ? Who knows .

Happens all the time at Wayne Springfield Gahanna , the Picks Lakota and many other places . Is the Senior Receiver at UA slotted to start who may have well connected parents whose job was taken by Soph transfer Wolpert causing trouble ?, May be . Butermore is safe . Did the UA parent whose kid lost the QB job in 2015 when Sr Murduzco came in from NE Ohio to play his Sr year reign a chit storm on anyone ? Speights became the do it all take all touches slot Rb combo from a blue blood UA legacy’s that same year . What happened ? I don’t know . May be you know. Ban any outsiders from being able to go to the vaunted UA schools unless they were born in UA ?

Happens all the time at Wayne Springfield Gahanna , the Picks Lakota and many other places . Is the Senior Receiver at UA slotted to start who may have well connected parents whose job was taken by Soph transfer Wolpert causing trouble ?, May be . Butermore is safe . Did the UA parent whose kid lost the QB job in 2015 when Sr Murduzco came in from NE Ohio to play his Sr year reign a chit storm on anyone ? Speights became the do it all take all touches slot Rb combo from a blue blood UA legacy’s that same year . What happened ? I don’t know . May be you know. Ban any outsiders from being able to go to the vaunted UA schools unless they were born in UA ?

Butermore has come in and won, UA made the State Semifinals in 2021 and is back to the Regional Finals this year - winning quiets potential critics. Quite a few families in UA have been there for more multiple generations, the move in/transfer can definitely be a delicate situation in the ‘UA Bubble’ than most places.

Just a few weeks ago there was people on this thread stating Stokes was looking/thinking of leaving or the administration was wanting him out - a couple of wins in the playoffs in a down year for Region 2 and now there’s talk of a high profile transfer coming in……guess things are looking up for Coffman Football. Again, winning quiets potential critics.

Based on your scouting report of Coffman football they will need more than just a qb next year. I believe you stated the jr highs haven’t been winning recently, the wr group is average at best and perhaps their best wr no longer plays football (choose another sport over football). Bellefontaine could very well have a more talented rb & wr this year than what Coffman would have next year unless they get an additional move in or two.

Watching a little MACAction tonight with BG-Toledo and I noticed that former Coffman player Michael Drennan is with the Rockets as a backup rb. I then tried to check on AJ Kirk who was at Michigan St but I did not see him on this years roster. Does anyone know where he might have transferred to?

Butermore has come in and won, UA made the State Semifinals in 2021 and is back to the Regional Finals this year - winning quiets potential critics. Quite a few families in UA have been there for more multiple generations, the move in/transfer can definitely be a delicate situation in the ‘UA Bubble’ than most places.

Just a few weeks ago there was people on this thread stating Stokes was looking/thinking of leaving or the administration was wanting him out - a couple of wins in the playoffs in a down year for Region 2 and now there’s talk of a high profile transfer coming in……guess things are looking up for Coffman Football. Again, winning quiets potential critics.

Based on your scouting report of Coffman football they will need more than just a qb next year. I believe you stated the jr highs haven’t been winning recently, the wr group is average at best and perhaps their best wr no longer plays football (choose another sport over football). Bellefontaine could very well have a more talented rb & wr this year than what Coffman would have next year unless they get an additional move in or two.
I said they usually have had a better WR stable and would have as Bradley’s top wide out Wolfe grew up in Dublin his brother played at Coffman but moved to Hilliard after 8th grade . The other kid who was Coffman’s second best receiver behind Hudson is a very good soccer player and decided to concentrate on that . Both Wolfe at Bradley and soccer player. Peterson saw action at the varsity level ans Freshmen and certainly would have helped this years Coffman team . Valerio Hudson is the best WR and is a Junior and converted RB Hairston is a JR and is doing a good job at WR. RB White a two year starter is a Junior . Three OL men including 2 3 yr guys would be back along with a TE who would be in his 3rd year next year . So offense with a good QB would have potential. Back in 2020 you could see the future wasn’t clear and the talent level was going to drop . Lower levels have not been solid for a longer while now . This years group has been well developed overall but other programs have as well in conference as we see 3 teams still playing

Don’t have to agree on sports either but this space has never had anything to do with politics . I’m friends with conservatives in Dublin and other parts of Columbus . People Coming here only because of political disagreements and to troll a stranger and who have zero knowledge or zero care about Coffman or CO football are losers . Period . Punks . Full stop . The UA guy who has started stopping by taking shots at me in other threads is a punk . Little chit troll . He will stay here I am sure .
Ouch Harry that hurts! When have I ever taken a shot at you? Also I have never once called you any derogatory name. In the Debate thread we differ in opinions but in the Football thread I think we have several things in common. Guessing we are both big Buckeye fans! We both like Central Ohio Football! If calling me names makes you feel better have at it. I have no hard feelings towards you Harry.

I said they usually have had a better WR stable and would have as Bradley’s top wide out Wolfe grew up in Dublin his brother played at Coffman but moved to Hilliard after 8th grade . The other kid who was Coffman’s second best receiver behind Hudson is a very good soccer player and decided to concentrate on that . Both Wolfe at Bradley and soccer player. Peterson saw action at the varsity level ans Freshmen and certainly would have helped this years Coffman team . Valerio Hudson is the best WR and is a Junior and converted RB Hairston is a JR and is doing a good job at WR. RB White a two year starter is a Junior . Three OL men including 2 3 yr guys would be back along with a TE who would be in his 3rd year next year . So offense with a good QB would have potential. Back in 2020 you could see the future wasn’t clear and the talent level was going to drop . Lower levels have not been solid for a longer while now . This years group has been well developed overall but other programs have as well in conference as we see 3 teams still playing
Sounds as if Stokes has the tools to build off of this years success. Not sure why everyone was so down on him....

Sounds as if Stokes has the tools to build off of this years success. Not sure why everyone was so down on him....
The players and parents absolutely love Stokes. He’s the best coach I’ve ever seen in Dublin and I go way back.
The “last 20 years were the greatest ever” crowd don’t like him. But IMO they were conditioned to not like or appreciate anyone other than Crabby

Hes hard to work with for admin. That’s probably a given.

The players and parents absolutely love Stokes. He’s the best coach I’ve ever seen in Dublin and I go way back.
The “last 20 years were the greatest ever” crowd don’t like him. But IMO they were conditioned to not like or appreciate anyone other than Crabby

This is disingenuous and you know it. Yes, there were people upset by moving in a different direction, but you also know that Stokes' repeated shots at the previous coaching staff is what inflamed the situation. It's done and over with now, but let's not get into revisionist history just because you didn't like Crabtree.

Stokes will be back at Coffman next year. He isn't leaving for another high school job. If the admin think it's tough dealing with him, they should have done their homework. Like I said last month, you don't get rid of a guy who is exactly who he says he is.

This is disingenuous and you know it. Yes, there were people upset by moving in a different direction, but you also know that Stokes' repeated shots at the previous coaching staff is what inflamed the situation. It's done and over with now, but let's not get into revisionist history just because you didn't like Crabtree.

Stokes will be back at Coffman next year. He isn't leaving for another high school job. If the admin think it's tough dealing with him, they should have done their homework. Like I said last month, you don't get rid of a guy who is exactly who he says he is.
What shots did Stokes take at the previous staff? Were they during his first season or are they ongoing?

Change is inevitable. Sometimes it is good sometimes it is bad. Stokes getting to the Regional Final in Year 3 sounds pretty darn good to me. How long has it been since Coffman has been to a Regional Final? Sounds like a disgruntled fan base, if they can't be happy with Stokes results on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.