Dublin Coffman 2022

Chiefs not known for their DBs.
Yes but throwing the ball 45 times on the road and not trying to control the game better , use some clock , and be more patient with an offensive line that wasn't equipped due to injury to pass protect against this particular team in these conditions , [ better rush than the Bills and no slippery snowy conditions that makes rushing the passer more difficult} didn't work out ultimately as they got outgained , out first downed and basically outplayed and lost in the end. Key juncture was with about 6-7 minutes left 2nd and 3 and chucking it deep twice ultimately getting picked. Playing smart sound situational football at this level is tantamount to succeeding. Patriots were rarely the more talented team at this juncture of the play-offs but had the QB and the coaching that knew how to manage games and win plays from a situational standpoint more than they lost. I get your take that the Bengals thought they may have some advantages match-up wise downfield, but in the end two rookies had inteceptions and the Bengals negative TO margin bit them in the butt.

Kansas - Kansas part 2 tonight and grabbed the Jayhawks - 6.5 this morning, the line is moving towards 9. K-State won a instant classic recently at home but tonight I think Kansas is the side to get a win near double. Situational spot with Maryland needing a bigger win tonight vs. Indiana laying 2 was a good value at home vs. the ranked Hoosiers who are not in a great schedule spot. Wyoming minus the small spot [ML is a decent value} to beat Fresno a poor road team.

As always thanks for reading every single post and commenting on every post . You know who you are . Thanks again . Tom terrific , the GOAT , the most accomplished QB of all time has retired . For good he says . I believe him . Boxers are the worst liars . They retire , come back two years later. Tom should have probably stayed home this year. His marriage ending is probably why he did come back . Great guy , teammate and family man. His next chapter starts as an analyst being overpaid ( why networks insist on 14 guys at any game at a table and paying guys many millions without any broadcast experience is beyond me ) Tom is a living legend . Relax . Take a breath .Greatest example of being a guy who was intentional and dedicated to the process of achieving excellence that I can think of . On that note ? Go Rocks . Keep working and getting better

As predictable as the tides. Imagine making up a story that your son moved to Dublin as a reason to feed your addiction to trolling a stranger ? That’s what this guy did about a year ago . How big a loser do you have to be to then open another account (. Old douche b ). To further obsess ? With a stranger ? Wow . Just freaking Wow . On most of our darkest worst days we wouldn’t even think about being what these guys are and do what they do . Lonely (. Bored ? Nothing else going on ? Yeah , that’s it .

17-6 run in CBB, let me know [DM} if you are interested in what's going on tonight on a large card} Kansas gets revenge, MD with a big win , 5-1 night . Football season coming to an end but a ton of good value props on the board.

Looking for a similar result in a home revenge spot like Kansas last night, with Oklahoma - 3.5, but because of the recent very good run, I am using the Sooners on the ML [-165} laying some juice. Big -12 home teams are 26-11 straight up and Okie State is only 2-5 on the road. New Mexico is a popular road dog tonight, but I am going with another ML with Utah State [ -170} to win the game.

Tennessee using some metrics is the best overall defensive team in the country. Florida is a poor perimeter shooting team [32 percent from 3} and Tennessee holds teams to 22 percent from behind the arc. Florida is going to have to grind this one to sawdust and the total is 132, which is on the low side, but I see a rock fight here. Florida defense is also good defending the perimeter, allowing only 31 percent from 3.

Louisville - GA Tech total is at 136, THis is another one that could be a slog, and both teams may struggle offensively. Leaning UNDER here as well.

UC is playing the worst ATS team in the country in Tulsa. UC is a very good ATS team laying 8 or more points. This one is up to 16-16.5 [Got 15 } and UC off of two straight losses may just take out that frustration on poor Tulsa tonight.

they will be in better shape then any team they play......
I think they may be . But I do know that UA works and trains in the same realm and Liberty and Davidson put in really solid work as well and train hard as well . Not that far set apart from some opponents who also have a good number of starters back , but I think they be able to compete well with anyone on the schedule this year .

Speaking of set apart , that’s the name of the couple hour doc of Trent Dilfers first two years at Lipscomb Aca in Nashville ( 2019 2020 ) as he gets the program going . Dilfer got the UAB job recently and got his HS program to a higher level going undefeated the last two years . Some Stokes parallels in terms of program values and standards of work and commitment.

Good watch . Saw it on Bally sports Ohio channel

I think they may be . But I do know that UA works and trains in the same realm and Liberty and Davidson put in really solid work as well and train hard as well . Not that far set apart from some opponents who also have a good number of starters back , but I think they be able to compete well with anyone on the schedule this year .

Speaking of set apart , that’s the name of the couple hour doc of Trent Dilfers first two years at Lipscomb Aca in Nashville ( 2019 2020 ) as he gets the program going . Dilfer got the UAB job recently and got his HS program to a higher level going undefeated the last two years . Some Stokes parallels in terms of program values and standards of work and commitment.

I have seen special on Dilfer, but have not sat down and watched it.... wil give it a watch!!

very rarely you will see kids with their hands on their hips or cramping out during a game....

Congratulations to Liberty coach Steve Hale who is the 2023 Sportsmanship Ethics Integrity award winner named by the OHSSA and the OHSFCA . Well deserved . The only Head coach the Liberty Patriots have ever had has built an excellent program getting to 6 regional finals and 3 final four appearances. Coach Hale’s overall record is 176-96 building the program from scratch . Class act and a tremendous asset to the Powell community for many years .

College hoops is rolling along really well right now and heating up . Stony Brook plays host to Elon who is winless and on the road and isn’t getting any better . ML price was -155 and I look for SB to keep Elon winless away from home . Cleveland State at Detroit laying 1.5 is a go as the power rating I have is -3. CSU should win by a few buckets. 7.00 tips

OSU laying 7.5 on the overnight line was at least 2.5 too high . Looks good taking Wisky right about now . SB has a few buckets total with a few minutes left in the half against a winless road team and CSU is down by a large handful . OSU and Michigan are very disappointing teams right about now .

Pacific -1 who beat Pepperdine by 5 on the road in a go either way is probably too short a fav here. Houston a relentless effort team and offensive glass cleaner is laying by a dozen at meh Wichita State. They should suffocate them and keep them to a low total and win comfortably . Houston is undefeated on the road .

Wisky not only covers for us getting the 7.5 but wins outright to keep OSU on the skids. Hot seat Holt ? UAB beats undefeated FAU as a great angle of the unranked dog with the line moving their way cashes. Houston can't make a shot which is good for the UNDER for us, but laid the 12.5 and they are down by a few. Early games went bust, but it's been a good week. SB props are coming out in full force and are always really fun if played judiciously. Last game isn't a last stand situation if you've had a good year, it's just a normal week , nothing major unless a prop has extra good value.

A lot of the talk concerning the SB is the fact that Philly hasn't beaten anyone. Well, their path is certainly not as arduous as most teams have been in recent memory. Not disputing this fact, BUT they did have to go against the 49 Ner defense, and they did underwhelm in some respects [4 yards a play} but we know the game dynamics changed early on with Purdy's elbow getting bent back. Philly and San Francisco had the 'easisest schedules metric wise in the league, but if you look at them from a roster standpoint these two were better than KC certainly player for player. Now KC is not as healthy, and people are trying to make a strong case for KC because Philly didn't have a big signature win.

Philly has given up some points at times to the somewhat competent offense's they have faced. This being said this particular match-up shows an edge up front on both sides of the football. KC has a highly paid upgraded from a couple years ago O-Line but are they good enough to hold up well over 60 minutes vs. this level of defense? Philly has more sacks in a season than anyone else since the 85 Bears. That's heady company. Philly O-Line is physical and can move this Chiefs front a bit running the football, and the zone read is an offense that makes even the fastest defenses a step or two slower , being flat footed and hesitant too often. I initially thought the Eagles with the game in hand and playing an offense that literally couldn't throw the football , that running Hurts was a dumb idea. The more I thought about it though I thought maybe it was akin to a boxer needing to spar a bit to get him used to the punishment he will face. It was only a couple runs of course but maybe it was necessary to get him a few hits before the SB knowing that he will likely be needed to be a runner to a degree to win the football game.

Eagles RB Gainwell rushing total opened at about 17 , jumped to 22 , before settling back towards 18 on heavy betting. Got the 18 and like the OVER. He is a run through contact runner and should break at least one carry for near 10 yards getting him more than halfway there. Looking at the props you need to have some kind of a vision on how the game will play out. Obvioulsy andor ideally the Eagles want to control the ball and run the ball. Use clock , and limit Mahomes time on the field. Sanders rushing total is closer to 60 and I am not there yet on that one. Gainwell helped by Hurts being a little healthier and who may run a bit more may be able to pop one here.

Have talked with a couple coaches and people connected to Upper Arlington and Liberty in the last couple weeks and they have a lot of respect for Coffman and the 2023 team they will face this season . UA as we know has 4 guys with Coffman roots on their staff who have been valuable assets to the program working under the excellent HC Buttermore.

UA has a lot of respect for the Coffman skill guys (. Hudson and Peterson at receiver , White at RB and Hart at QB) and think they will be strong up front . UA coach is excited about what his defense can potentially do and thinks the unit will be one of the best in CO. (. Gerber and Janowicz at LB will be really good .UA replaced almost 20 starters this past year and were a late collapse vs. Liberty away from winning the league title outright . Over achieved overall was the consensus of the staff .

The Rocks need to step it up in making explosive plays and scoring more vs. UA and Liberty . Totaled only 21 points vs. those clubs . Overall the central was in as big a rebuild as a conference as it ever had been . More Soph’s and younger first year starters overall last year league wide than at any other time . Liberty has their top 2 RB’s who played as Soph’s and their Soph QB coming back , some decent receivers and a few guys back on defense but is looking at having to replace some guys upfront . A few more than some other league foes . Liberty is as well coached as any team in CO and will get the most out of their team and they got a few weeks more practice at playoff time .

Last year I thought 6-4 was reasonable expectation and what May happen in the regular season . They finished 7-4 overall but were a better team than I and some others thought they may be after seeing them in the PC scrimmage . Won 7 and more wins were comfortable than I had thought . This year the expectation or “ floor”. Is 8-2 . Anything less is disappointing . Will Smith is a massive loss and the defensive front will need to develop a couple guys along with a couple guys in the back end .

A couple more props for the SB . Eagle Rb Scott over 8.5 yards rushing , Eagles WR Smith over 60.5 yards as I think with the strong Eagles run game may open up a few things downfield against a young Chiefs secondary and Smith has produced 4 100 yard efforts against similar schemes that the Chiefs employ a certain percentage of the time (. Chiefs two high safety look 40 percent of defensive snaps )

Have cashed a few times this year with Eagles TE Goedert props ., I like him to catch OVER 4.5 balls as an outlet for Hurts when they have to commit more guys to stop the run . That being said I like Hurts to stay UNDER 247 yards passing .

KC weapon Pacheco receiving number OVER 13.5 yards as it would be expected Mahomes will be pressured a percentage of the time vs. the best pass rush in the league and dump it to Pacheco a time or two and he can be explosive and hard to take down in the open field

College hoops angle that has been very successful this year is the unranked home fav over the ranked opponent. It's hitting at 70 percent [23-10}. Two games tonight fit that system. Unranked home fav West Virginia opened at - 2.5 at home vs ranked Iowa State. ML was at - 155 and is now - 3.5 and -180. WVU is playing very well overall winning 4 of 5. Off of a great performance [A blowout of Oklahoma}. Home fav unranked Utah State has won 5 of 6 games and is a 1.5- 2-point favorite over ranked SD State. In both conferences short home favs are winning games outright at a high percentage [ about 75 Percent} USU and SDSU play at a slower pace and fairly sharp heavier money is coming in on the UNDER. [146.5}

Best defense against the pass has faced the top ranked passing offense two times in the SB. Both games the best pass defense won convincingly. Hard to go against Mr. Mahomes no doubt, but the Eagles defense and both units up front tilts the field Philly's way a bit. Jax ran it for almost 7 yards a carry , and Jax just may have won if it doesn't fumble inside the 5 in the 4th quarter. Close game. Eagles are a more experienced stronger version of Jax.

Getting Gainwell at over 10.5 recruits bing yards was a really good value. He gets more targets than then other backs and has gotten targets in 9 straight games ., kC is in the bottom the league in yardage allowed to RB’s and yards per catch : still looking st rushing attempts with him .
Some Unders may be played closer to KO as the yards go up . More public money obviously goes more towards overs .

SO Miss Tonight minus the short price (. Ml is ok if you missed the -1 to 1.5 )

Montana -1.5 has gone up a bit at ISU , been a good run so ML set near -150 as price has gone up may be good . San Francisco metrics aren’t last years but 14.5 at Gonzaga is a bit high . .

Indiana was a kind of obvious value play at home vs. rival Purdue . Tonight the Boilers off of that tough loss in the last minute was going to beat up Iowa to some extent tonight .(. Took that loss as a team and all had each others backs ) Didn’t get the 6.5 but got 7. No sweat . Good start . SO Miss losing by a handful but laying a peanut . Undefeated at home . Hope they keep it that way .

RIP Dimitrious Stanley.

YOTW football really did make last season count for one its statesmen.
Sad day . Met him a few times briefly . Really cool guy . Knew he was up against it but got chills hearing the news . Yes he was always proud of being a YOTW alum. RIP . Condolences to his family and friends .

Sad day . Met him a few times briefly . Really cool guy . Knew he was up against it but got chills hearing the news . Yes he was always proud of being a YOTW alum. RIP . Condolences to his family and friends .
The Cards, for that matter the Worthington community, always reciprocated that pride they had for him.

There are some OSU football luminaries where you either like them, or don’t (or some like while others don’t), but Dimitrious was one that I think everyone had a generally high opinion of. He represented tOSU well when he spoke publicly in the context of being an alum, he always treated the media well, and treated everyone he met with respect.

And while this part is a little out of place, he was also fantastic on ABC6’s Football Fever.

The Cards, for that matter the Worthington community, always reciprocated that pride they had for him.

There are some OSU football luminaries where you either like them, or don’t (or some like while others don’t), but Dimitrious was one that I think everyone had a generally high opinion of. He represented tOSU well when he spoke publicly in the context of being an alum, he always treated the media well, and treated everyone he met with respect.

And while this part is a little out of place, he was also fantastic on ABC6’s Football Fever.
Class guy . That’s not how as prevalent now a days TBH . Yes he was not a jerk and respected people and was comfortable with himself and did good work professionally . Not out of place to mention it .

RIP Dimitrious Stanley.

YOTW football really did make last season count for one its statesmen.
I was really happy for them having some really good moments this season . Coach does a good job there . Not an easy place to coach that sport . Love the folks there . Younger days of club sports with kids had handfuls of Worthington folks who were great people . Some admitted to not liking Dublin all that much but a couple are still friends . Really like that community

St Peters and Youngstown State get there and keep things going in the right direction. One more football game and then it’s a marathon training session(s) until the pads go back in. Football is one long training session and a season that flys by as faster than a good glass of chocolate milk goes empty. That’s HS football actually . The NFL season is a full time long year . They say it’s sad when it ends . No more football ? Damn . Well tbh ? It ends and I’m kind of ok with it . The juices get flowing again near the draft and it’s looking towards another season ,homework power ratings and futures .

College hoops is the only focus late Sunday night . A few people asked about the Xavier game last night . I didn’t see the inquiries until after tip . My thought was a go either way last few possessions game . Don’t get anything for thinking that . But it was a good game .