Dublin Coffman 2019

So if there are major things wrong with the culture , the kids seem to be overcoming it from an achievement standpoint . They do well while they are here and afterwards . So the certain adults not liking certain 'Aspects " of the culture that the coaching staff has built over the last two decades is not all that important , unless it so intolerable to them that they feel the need to take drastic action . The feedback I have gotten over the years from kids and parents , former players etc. has been decidedly positive . May be the kids in the program and parents don'[t really know what the administrators do lol or see things from the same perspective in some cases.

Last edited:
This post will be the last one discussing this Video thing and the poster who always has an agenda AHM . Don't care about the videos of workouts and who has them and what they will do with them . I don't know anything about them and what others know about them and what anyone will do about them or with them . What I do know is anytime that AHM has posted on the Coffman thread it is always with a negative slant.

He is a critic with an agenda . I have seen this from his poster for a few years now. I don't know who he is why he has the agenda he has and why he is always negative when he posts here and why he tries to say he doesn't care but seems to always show up with negative slants and ideas and always adds a lot of hearsay evidence as in 'everyone is saying blah blah. . So hopefully this joker has no reasons for a while to come around here because suffice to say , it's always something negative.

This post will be the last one discussing this Video thing and the poster who always has an agenda AHM . Don't care about the videos of workouts and who has them and what they will do with them . I don't know anything about them and what others know about them and what anyone will do about them or with them . What I do know is anytime that AHM has posted on the Coffman thread it is always with a negative slant.

He is a critic with an agenda . I have seen this from his poster for a few years now. I don't know who he is why he has the agenda he has and why he is always negative when he posts here and why he tries to say he doesn't care but seems to always show up with negative slants and ideas and always adds a lot of hearsay evidence as in 'everyone is saying blah blah. . So hopefully this joker has no reasons for a while to come around here because suffice to say , it's always something negative.
?

Probably the most difficult off-season for kids ever. Trying to get ready for the season is a huge challenge for all kids in many sports. Creative workouts to prepare for football in your basement , the back yard , the local park wherever is something that kids from all over the state are trying to do as they prepare to play a game that is most demanding on your body and mentally.

At this point in time to compete at the highest levels , a very disciplined off -season training regimen has to take hold and is absolutely necessary in order to even approach your ultimate potential as a player and a person really. You have a mental edge when you know you fully prepared for something in any area in life . A sales pitch , how to attack an AD campaign, a logistical issue, an engineering project, and yes preparing yourself physically to play the game of football to the best of your ability and that in turn gives you the mental edge you need .

You walk into a History exam , they hand you that Blue Book and if you are truly and fully prepared, you have a bounce in your step and can't wait to actually attack the exam . Same thing goes for a business presentation , you know not only know what you want to convey and present but also you have fully prepared for any possible questions you may get and have a good answer . You anticipate.

Not leaving any stones unturned is a great piece of advice for anyone in any area. Trying to stay in shape at this point in times is challenging for everyone , and strength training is especially difficult for football players who depend on it to be prepared for battle. This becomes even more challenging when in the back of your mind you realize you may not have a season ? That must be really hard. Ohio is going to open up a bit in early May , three months before the normal start of the regular season for HS Football . What happens from now until then in ever facet of life and every decision made will affect a possible season . As it is at best it seems that IF games are played it might be less games { camp dates pushed back may be?} and the number of fans will be limited. This is an optimistic view I think .

We've been rolling through the mud a bit in this space the last day or so with new posters throwing things out there and older ones returning with more and the usual mud slinging , and the 'Culture " dynamic has bene bandied about in a negative vane concerning this program .

What I think of when I think of the Coffman 'Culture " at this point is a culture of Grind , work , sacrifice , ambition , attention to detail , consistency , effort , focus and 'Work Ethic" . Academic expectations and achievement as well . When you have about 65- 80 kids in a varsity program you may have some issues . That's a given . Does that mean the many positive attributes are invalid? Of course not .

With no sports on , this is an unprecedented time and football and its draft are what you will hear every day on TV and sports radio. I was saying to a friend that the NFL draft of 2020 is like Bubba Gump Shrimp , the rest of the sports world was wiped out by a huge virus storm , the only thing left standing at all is Russian Tiddlewinks and the NFL draft . First time I haven't handicapped and took on the NCAA basketball tournament . NoNBA play-offs to attack , no power ratings to adjust .

Only the Draft and NFL future win totals . And I guess CFB recruiting in its early seasonal commitment phase that may be ramped up for obvious reasons . Numbers coming out in the NFL. Every day we talk about TUA and whether he is a good risk to be picked really high. Burrow to Cincy and how bad the team will be and how he will struggle as a result . We have not much else to look forward to now , hopefully in a couple months that changes .

We've been rolling through the mud a bit in this space the last day or so with new posters throwing things out there and older ones returning with more and the usual mud slinging , and the 'Culture " dynamic has bene bandied about in a negative vane concerning this program .

What I think of when I think of the Coffman 'Culture " at this point is a culture of Grind , work , sacrifice , ambition , attention to detail , consistency , effort , focus and 'Work Ethic" . Academic expectations and achievement as well . When you have about 65- 80 kids in a varsity program you may have some issues . That's a given . Does that mean the many positive attributes are invalid? Of course not .

I took you at your word in your earlier saying it was your last post, pointed to the critic with an agenda. But then you brought it back up, so Ill take it as an invitation! Thank you!

But you bring up culture and that is a great conversation. I would love to get feedback from you and others and see how they identify culture.

Of course these are all completely hypothetical anecdotes. But lets say these did occur, would this be an indictment of poor culture or would it be something that is purely mud slinging, maybe even signs of strong culture.

Lets pretend like there is stunning playoff loss to a 6-4 team. Really bad game on offense. And as the game was still within reach, but not not going particularly well (losing), some of the star players are not able to go into the game because of they are on the side lines taking selfies. Would parents be justified in saying this is not a good culture?

Lets pretend like there are player(s) who tell the coaches who they will or will not play against, sometimes during the week of the game. Or pretend it is the parent that will tell the coach when their son will play. Would other players be justified in saying that this is not a good team culture?

Lets pretend like a coach was suspended for recruiting, even though he categorically denies nothing occurred, he is still suspended by central office. Would an administrator be justified by saying this is not a good culture among the program?

Lets pretend like an assistant coach that same year takes over the team when the head coach is suspended. And lets pretend the team actually wins in the head coaches absence. Lets pretend even more that the team the assistant coach beats in place of the suspended coach is a team that said suspended coach lost too earlier in the season. Would an administrator or player or assistant coach or parent be justified in saying this is an example of poor culture?

Lets pretend like star players come to some practices. Dont come to others. Lets pretend like coaches look the other way and let the players play in the game. Would a parent or player be justified in saying this is not a good culture. What if an assistant coach said it was not a good culture? Would it be justified?

Lets pretend like practices are run by parents or volunteer coaches. Lets pretend like they use school equipment because someone a varsity coach leads them in that direction. Lets even act like they damage the equipment when they run these practices. Would assistant coaches be justified by mentioning to administrators that there is a bad culture because parents run the team and not coaches. Would an administrator be justified by saying they are tired of dealing with this as an indictment of the culture, maybe even comparing it to the amount of time they dont deal with in the other two district school teams?

Lets pretend like a team loses a tough game to a 1-3 team and with the game on the line proper amount of players are not on the field, because either they werent organized or the players werent playing attention. Would an assistant coach be justified by saying this was an example of poor culture?

This is a great purely hypothetical discussion! Im glad you drew me back in Harry! I enjoy this banter!

I gave written and expressed opinions on this stuff many times including the diva and Dad which was an exception not the rule over the the last 19 years with this program and staff .

You coming in and doing this is nothing newsnd some of this a load of crap and not accurate . Yes a dispassionate poster who doesn’t care at all . You think the coaching culture and program is bad . I don”t . What would caring about this look like by the way if this is not caring at all ? Lmao . Some genuine anger here . So what was your connection with the program again ? Why are you so passionate , You act as if you uncovered something I haven’t written about in these very spaces . So you think Cutler is great and Crabtree suks . Got it .

Last edited:
What playoff loss to a 6-4 team with star players on the sideline taking selfies choosing not to play ?

Last edited:
Players weren’t on the field because they weren’t organized ? Never happened . Coffman football is an
Unorganized mess is your take ? Ok

Purely hypothetical. Im not talking about the end of the Pickerington North game at all. Not only am I not talking about it, none of the players or coaches who were on the sideline were talking about that either.

Since you brought it up , explain in detail the end of the PN game you claim showed disorganization and which players missed key plays and why in your opinion. You were at the game ? And why were you there if so ?

So results in certain games and tough losses shows a poor culture ? Ok. . Strategy that doesn’t work or personnel choices in a certain game is another sign of a failed culture? You read all my posts every year for a while now, you know I break
It down honestly each week . You post a lot of these things every year . And say you don’t care . Ok

Since you brought it up , explain in detail the end of the PN game you claim showed disorganization and which players missed key plays and why in your opinion. You were at the game ? And why were you there if so ?

Keep your questions to one post, and it will be easier for me to answer. I dont want to purposefully miss any.

Remember all of these incidents are purely hypothetical.

In my previous dissertation, I only hypothetically referenced any singular star player and and his diva dad as you said in one of the several antidotes. Yes I have seen you address the one player. My examples were to just maybe hypothetically show that there were several differing examples.

That playoff loss to Liberty was really hard. I remember they were 6-4. I thought the rocks had that game in the bag. lots of good pictures from that game though.

Certain results may or may not result in good or bad culture. In my purely hypothetical examples, I used games and practices and suspensions and corona practices and equipment damages and parents as examples. I think that covers every aspect? What did I miss.

Why I am at games? Is that a serious question? Am I not allowed to be there? Maybe I used to coach? Maybe Im a parent? Maybe I have taught at Coffman? Maybe Im just a fan? Maybe I have actually been in the locker room? and on the practice field?

Listen, like I said yesterday, if you want to talk in PM, let me know. Im happy to talk to you and i have nothing to hide. Im happy to share anything with you.

There are really great young men and families in the Coffman program. Some amazing kids. And those amazing kids and amazing parents and families, maybe many of them, might hypothetically not be happy with the culture of the team and the program. And they might not be alone. Again, maybe I dont know anything. Ive never been to games, never been in the locker rooms or had a child play or been in the school.

Liberty who had been a very good playoff team the last few years was 8-4 having played a very good schedule at that point and had beaten a very good and top seeded R Burg team who had beaten PC that year . Coffman was never ahead , had a chance to tie it but dropped a pass in the end zone . Liberty controlled things after that . Not a great game . And I was there and didn’t see any bad or inappropriate behavior on the sideline .

How old are you ? You said you have no connection or dog ? In the fight ? Yes times change and kids change , a lot of things change and some people don’t like it . In every aspect of life . I see you . And see your passive aggressive weeniness very clearly here . So which is it ? Deep connection? Or no dog ? Or ancient history ?

How old are you ? You said you have no connection or dog ? In the fight ? Yes times change and kids change , a lot of things change and some people don’t like it . In every aspect of life . I see you . And see your passive aggressive weeniness very clearly here . So which is it ? Deep connection? Or no dog ? Or ancient history ?

deep connection or no dog in the fight: one of those.

Keep your questions to one post, and it will be easier for me to answer. I dont want to purposefully miss any.

Remember all of these incidents are purely hypothetical.

In my previous dissertation, I only hypothetically referenced any singular star player and and his diva dad as you said in one of the several antidotes. Yes I have seen you address the one player. My examples were to just maybe hypothetically show that there were several differing examples.

That playoff loss to Liberty was really hard. I remember they were 6-4. I thought the rocks had that game in the bag. lots of good pictures from that game though.

Certain results may or may not result in good or bad culture. In my purely hypothetical examples, I used games and practices and suspensions and corona practices and equipment damages and parents as examples. I think that covers every aspect? What did I miss.

Why I am at games? Is that a serious question? Am I not allowed to be there? Maybe I used to coach? Maybe Im a parent? Maybe I have taught at Coffman? Maybe Im just a fan? Maybe I have actually been in the locker room? and on the practice field?

Listen, like I said yesterday, if you want to talk in PM, let me know. Im happy to talk to you and i have nothing to hide. Im happy to share anything with you.

There are really great young men and families in the Coffman program. Some amazing kids. And those amazing kids and amazing parents and families, maybe many of them, might hypothetically not be happy with the culture of the team and the program. And they might not be alone. Again, maybe I dont know anything. Ive never been to games, never been in the locker rooms or had a child play or been in the school.

Didn’t say you had no right to go to the games . Just thought as a critic and hating the culture you might be turned off . And you have an allegiance to a catholic school thought . Is this horrible culture a recent observation ? Or two decades with the crux of this staff in place ? Don’t care who you are or need to chat in private , I know your thoughts very well here . Your take on the Liberty game lessens Your credibility to
Me . I realize most people’s memory’s aren’t as clear as mine .

Didn’t say you had no right to go to the games . Just thought as a critic and hating the culture you might be turned off . And you have an allegiance to a catholic school thought . Is this horrible culture a recent observation ? Or two decades with the crux of this staff in place ? Don’t care who you are or need to chat in private , I know your thoughts very well here . Your take on the Liberty game lessens Your credibility to
Me . I realize most people’s memory’s aren’t as clear as mine .

I do follow all the good teams in Columbus. And I’m not turned off at all. I’ll be at several Coffman games next year. And several central games. And several Hartley games. And I want to see UA and Davidson play. I always go to desales games. Every year.

I’m not hating anything. I’m just making hypothetical observations.

I do follow all the good teams in Columbus. And I’m not turned off at all. I’ll be at several Coffman games next year. And several central games. And several Hartley games. And I want to see UA and Davidson play. I always go to desales games. Every year.

Passives aggressive Doosh . Every year like clockwork . Your takes are just yours not some gospel because it comes from a whining assistant coach you claim
Is whining . You have some history here that makes you emotional and feeling the need to criticize in a very personal way every year citing the same things . That’s clear . Do you bash other teams players coaches cultures and parents or just this programs ?

Are you drinking ? You’re losing some coherence here . You can't be everywhere , of course you claim to be at several different games each week .
You keep reading me and I will keep not reading you or looking for you . I'm sure you will be here when Coffman loses a game at some point of course , but until then ? You can keep your conversations with the Central office, current assistant coaches , former players your son or daughter , other parents to yourself because in the end it's just hearsay and your other musings are not real sharp either.

Last edited:
Workout night at Coffman tonight. Good turnout. I wish someone else would check it out. Maybe I’m not seeing what I think I’m seeing.

Workout night at Coffman tonight. Good turnout. I wish someone else would check it out. Maybe I’m not seeing what I think I’m seeing.
I love football and I’m a big fan of Coffman football , but not a huge fan of watching kids doing informal workouts . Not that interesting to me to see kids doing drills . We did speed , agility and ran hills and sprints for conditioning In groups and I and a few others ran routes and hit balls for QB 1 and QB 2 and no adults or anyone else came to watch because it’s boring .

But if you find it interesting by all means keep watching. I just won’t be joining you .

I was walking the dog and saw a small handful of kids lifting in a garage the other day . Looked like good sized football players . Are they allowed to do that ? Or should I call someone ?

Not here to debate you Harry. This just does not seem appropriate. Powers that be I’m sure are aware. If others think it’s ok that’s their right. I’m just saying to see for yourself.

Not here to debate you Harry. This just does not seem appropriate. Powers that be I’m sure are aware. If others think it’s ok that’s their right. I’m just saying to see for yourself.

Not here to debate either, I have no interest in watching kids working out. What concerns you most ? Why do you care if anyone else goes to take a look ? Is some rule being broken ? I looked up rules and didn't see one . Now of course whole teams and coaches can't conduct workouts, but this isn't what's happening I'm being told. Anyway spring sports are done and have been for a while. This is unprecedented times with no gyms and school weight rooms being available which is why garages basements and yards are being used to try to get a workout in . I am sure multiple people including you and the guy with an agenda have reported this to whoever they wanted to along with others I am sure . Good for you and them . I hope it works out for you .

Last edited:
I hope it works out for all of us. Fellow Ohioans and Americans dying and sick and you make light and go on the attack. I hope that works out for you.

I hope it works out for all of us. Fellow Ohioans and Americans dying and sick and you make light and go on the attack. I hope that works out for you.

What are you talking about? I have not made light of this pandemic one iota , ask the Debate forum . Does the protests that are littered with Trump supporters wanting to open up things right away bother you? So you are seeing kids on top of each other ? Cal the police I said if you are afraid for the kids and that is your concern . I'm attacking you ? I told you to make the calls . You are seeing this every night you say . I am not . You are telling me I should react and go by there to see . I am not going to do that .

Last edited:
Not here to debate either, I have no interest in watching kids working out. What concerns you most ? Why do you care if anyone else goes to take a look ? Is some rule being broken ? I looked up rules and didn't see one . Now of course whole teams and coaches can't conduct workouts, but this isn't what's happening I'm being told. Anyway spring sports are done and have been for a while. This is unprecedented times with no gyms and school weight rooms being available which is why garages basements and yards are being used to try to get a workout in . I am sure multiple people including you and the guy with an agenda have reported this to whoever they wanted to along with others I am sure . Good for you and them . I hope it works out for you .

Do you want the video? It has coaches conducting workouts. And it shows who is working out. Not whole teams, just the varsity. Then you wont have to reference "what you are being told" but rather what you see with your own eyes. If you want the video Just let me know.

Do you want the video? It has coaches conducting workouts. And it shows who is working out. Not whole teams, just the varsity. Then you wont have to reference "what you are being told" but rather what you see with your own eyes. If you want the video Just let me know.
Im good you keep it .