Dublin Coffman 2019

Greetings from Indiana . Thanks for checking in guys . I think I kind of described how it was they got only 3 points . I just saw another stat run down tact had Coffman at a 80 yard plus advantage and they held Springfield to 138 under their per game rushing total and lost somehow . Threats spraining his ankle very early second half and Drennan breaking his own hand the week before helps explain a bit but I will say pretty hard to get over 270 yards and only 3 points .

Exceeded expectations ? Not in any way even with their two most heavily recruited guys doing virtually nothing all year . Threats emerged as much better than Drennan ever was Orr will be which helped but lost three games by a total of 7 points . Should have won last night despite not having top players either out there at all or doing little to nothing .

Final four and playing well in that semifinal was a very reasonable expectation . So no team didn’t overachieve whatsoever . Lost every close game they had . Fatal flaw . I didn’t see them play against a team where I said to myself “ damn that team is just better than them including last night . That should answer sufficiently

Tolliver was also hurt so I guess it was even there. I was close to sideline at warmups and didn’t notice drennan with a cast he warmed up with receivers and was catching the ball. Then was a decoy was kind of weird to watch.

None of the running backs had much room at all anyway . Smoot ran over people at times but not much there on the ground . Good luck Next week , hope Tolliver is healthier I know he missed week 10 game but played well in first two playoff games . Rooting for you guys to beat Elder . Hardest hitting defense Rocks saw but they still should have had more than 3 points with their output .

Those passes through the middle would have been a slightly different story with AJ Kirk back there or Threats being able to play defense in the second half. You would even have to admit how bad that pass interference call was .

None of the running backs had much room at all anyway . Smoot ran over people at times but not much there on the ground . Good luck Next week , hope Tolliver is healthier I know he missed week 10 game but played well in first two playoff games . Rooting for you guys to beat Elder . Hardest hitting defense Rocks saw but they still should have had more than 3 points with their output .

Those passes through the middle would have been a slightly different story with AJ Kirk back there or Threats being able to play defense in the second half. You would even have to admit how bad that pass interference call was .
Or the first down run we had on 3rd and long the springfield wr puts his hands up dublin db dives and ref still throws block in the back.

From an outsiders perspective I would think Dublin Coffman’s year has be considered a disappointment and the last two years missed opportunities. They were tri-champs in their league but
1) lost to their main rival Hilliard Davidson for the 2nd straight year where they felt they were the most talented team (especially this year) and
2) for the 2nd straight year they probably were the most talented team in Region 2 but didn’t reach the stare final four.

Granted Region 2 easiest in Division 1 and if Dublin would have won they would have been a 10-14 pt underdog to Cincinnati Elder but missing out on these opportunities to reach a State Semifinal - they are opportunities that are hard to come by.

One thing about Dublin Coffman that I was surprised by was their pedestrian passing offense. The Qb seemed talented enough but the passing game just didn’t look like a Division 1 quality. I don’t think Dublin is good enough to play with the big boys of Division 1 by simply running the ball. Yes, Hilliard Davidson did it twice winning state titles but I don’t think it will work for Collfam. It’s a good problem to have when your football program reaches the Regional final and it hurts. It sounds like Dublin will be in the mix of things in Region 2 next year with the rb coming back, maybe a little less talent but a better team vibe for next year. Good luck in 2020.

You say all this talent but did you miss the part about not having any contributions from the two top recruits? Of course because you want to not see that and prop up Hilliard Davidson and their “ kind” and be a disagreeable hater as always . Deny it . West Jeff hillbilly

Did they simply run the ball ? Had a walk in TD and a small handful of psss plays miss that would have may be made a difference .don’t recruit QBs they don’t always have precision passers . Stick to following ancient history and small time run only football west Jeff Hick . Did you go to the game ? Did you root for Coffman ? Yeah right hickbilly .

Half time score ND 16-7 over BC . Great venue and a great time as always . Always love West Jeff’s negative disagreeable “ Vibe “ and perspective . Go start a thread and I will be ever present on it and be happy to offer my support .

Harry - Sounds like your crankier than normal. Did you mix your red & white wines again at the ND tailgate? I’d rather you berate an adult and a community than a 17 year old kid. Stay classy Harry!

On to week 14 and the games will be contested without the Coffman Shamrocks. Laid out the key plays and unfortunate occurrences that were instrumental in the Rocks not moving on . Looking at the evidence and what happened in yet another razor close loss , to me it's clear that Springfield wasn't the better team on that night . Snap for snap Coffman was better , but there were common themes in all three close losses the team had.

They got zero turnovers in all three losses which were by one two and 4 points . In this particular game they only had a - 1 in that battle but it was a key one in Springfield territory . They also had more penalty yards than their opponent . 70 yards . One was bogus and a key factor in the outcome as I point out above . Huge wrong pass interference calls at all levels of football greatly determine games which is unfortunate .

Defense was outstanding but the offense was 1-8 on third down and 0-3 on 4th. Kudos to their defense with making plays and their coaches having the right schemes in place . The consensus was the Rocks didn't adjust to playing this particular defense and on at least a few occasions they needed to throw the ball on key third and 4th and short in the second half especially after Threats sprained his ankle. This isn't being revisionist, this was spoken out loud well before some of the key misses in the second half . Springfield to their credit realized they couldn't run anywhere near top what they ad been able to do during the season against this defense and threw the ball frequently on third and relatively short with pretty good results .

Cam Kirk { Not AJ} and Threats not being out there on defense WAS HUGE , in the second half . The two unfortunate plays on offenses that could have bene Td's and won the ball game most likely were the screen that was wide open inside the 13 where the Coffman O-Line knocked over the receiver as he was running pretty much uncontested into the end zone , and the pass that was thrown about a yard and a half too long for a wide open receiver making him leave his feet instead of just catching it and waltzing into the end zone . SAME EXACT PLAY , that the Rocks ran with Kyle Marcinek in 2014 against Wayne , Hoak basically just made sure he didn't over throw it knowing the play design resulted in a totally blown coverage like this play not hitting him perfectly in stride but rather just getting it to him and he had no problem scoring with the closest defender 15 yards away.

Crowd got real excited but I groaned a bit on that play quite honestly knowing it should have been a walk in TD later in the 4th and likely resulting in a Rocks win . Again kudos to Springfield for stopping them on 4th and two after that catch . Third and 4th down conversion rate , no big plays on offense { Credit to Springfield there as well } not getting any turnovers and gaining 275 yards and scoring but 3 points knocked them out.

The season is now done. The truth is and I don't mean to say even remotely that it is a good thing that they lost this one , but truthfully the health of the team at this point is not good and I am not sure how much they had left to give . Some guys played and competed very hard but wore down under the weight of the pre-existing injury's and couldn't go full time, some got hurt during the game or re-aggravated things that caused missed series or sitting out . Threats sprained ankle on the third play of the half was huge . He was without question the best player on the team and along with other injured 'Playmakers " made it much more difficult to score against this type of defense .

So now it's time to Salute the Seniors and acknowledge their contributions and wish them well going forward . It's also time to look at what is coming back and what are some things that will be and are keys to continued success . Seniors had a big impact in the program in various ways and two regional finals is only part of their legacy. Be looking at this stuff a bit later today . Again props to Springfield and I am rooting for them this week.

When a season ends fans coaches and even players might take a look back at the start of the season, or at parts of the off-season and camp say for the players to get some perspective about where they came from and how it ended. Parents watch their kids more than other people do and may notice improvements or struggles perhaps. I see most of the games and usually get to a scrimmage or two . I see the difference sometimes of players from one season to the next . Some players I haven't seen before .
These thoughts often denote or give you a feeling of whether it was a good year , great year , OK year or was a poor season.

I expected this year's edition to have a really good defense. At times they did and in most games they did well . This wasn't the unit I thought I would see this year. I saw a lot of returning players but as it turns out two key guys never played at all . DE Bramonte moved to Florida. I heard he got an Eastern Kentucky offer { 1-AA} . That's great . AJ Kirk a two year starter as a Frosh and Soph and a multiple offer guy with an OSU offer included didn't play this year . Wasn't mentioned in the press and wasn't seen on the sideline after week 2 . Wasn't mentioned in the final summary of the season in the paper either so not sure he will play again for Coffman or not.

Throw in Cam Kirk { missed the first few games with a hernia and hurt his hamstring last week VS Whitmer and was in and out vs S-Field} Wolfe and Sayles at DT , and Russell at DE { Multiple D-1 offers} and you had all 4 starters back on the line and the two Kirks in the DB along with Simpson who started a handful of games as well . Throw in stud D-1 kids Threats and Williams at outside LB/Rover / DE type positions and I would say that defense was potentially as good as anyone's . Didn't happen that way of course as we know.

Offensively I was thinking that Drennan would play a similar role as he did last year but probably play more slot with Diallo back healthy . Williamson and Yousey would along with Drennan be the main guys who would catch passes run jet sweeps etc. O-Line needed to be rebuilt a bit but two starters returned [Wolf - Kelly } but that Wolf would probably play defense more.

QB I opined would be a very good runner and a serviceable passer. I was right and he had a very solid season. The thing that I was very happy to see was after clamoring for them to do so , play a small handful of kids two ways . Not full go full time two ways like a D-5 might have to do , but situationally and sparingly . Diallo having to play DE after Bramonte moved is an example. Threats getting reps at RB , a few at a time then full time once Diallo went to paly more defense. Williams playing some in the backfield , Even Williamson playing a small bit on defense . Was disappointed not to see him play some defense on Friday.

Wolf was the first one in the Crabtree era to play two ways on the line in more than once in a while special situations. Eventually he played more on defense where he was really good as Coffman's opponents saw up close. I think we will see this next year out of necessity due to depth issues. Thought early that the defense would carry the offense a bit, and that was somewhat true I suppose in week one, but after that not really. Defense was good but not the lights out unit I expected as two key starters coming back never saw the field at all . Two curious coaching decisions in the two regular season losses were in the Pick North game , up 21-6 and with the ball twice in good field position looking to put the dagger in , never used Threats at RB or on offense at all . He had run wild the week before at Olentangy .

In the Davidson game with Drennan out again after being available the previous few games never used two staples of their offense at all . Now they had a real paucity of plays { 40} but never used the QB as a runner as we saw all season and didn't go downfield off of play-action . Davidson had trouble stopping the run giving up over 7 a carry , mostly with Threats running BUT at key moments they never used Mathews as a runner off of fakes to Threats or Diallo which they had in all other games .

All in all considering the guys who I figured would be playing and didn't , and getting two play-off wins I would say it was a good year , not very good or great , but ok may be in between good and very good . Really frustrating in some ways with all the returning talent that was coming back not to get to a final four was kind of underachieving. BUT the fact is the talent I thought was coming back wasn't all on the field , some not at all and some just in guest starring roles not involved in big games in a starring role for the full 48. Taking this under consideration it was a solid good to very good season with some really solid high character kids doing what was asked of them and battling hard all season. Solid Senior class that will be missed. I will mention key Seniors shortly.

The disappointing part is not going a bit further the last two years with this type of talent present . They or most Publics don't have it every year certainly or might not for quite a while. Tough rebuilding years are reality for just about everyone , Coffman included. Rocks have made the play-offs 11 straight years and 13 out of the last 14 the only exception going 7-3 in 2008 losing three games by a total of 15 points and got harbined unfortunately. Some times things just aren't meant to be which is a life lesson .

It's November 26, 2019

Rumor has it that the Running Back from Orrville Marquel Parks is transfer down that way.

:);):(:unsure::whistle:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

I remember reading a article on the very talented Mr. Parks I believe it was last year . It detailed his move from a rougher Columbus locale in the Mifflin HS area to move to Orville . I thought that was an odd move when I read it . The logic was it was more serene , quiet and some of the bad influences would be a thing of the past. Parks moved there before 8th grade . He has been there until now where I hear he is leaving that area to come back towards Columbus .

Also in that article was the fact that his cousin Sherron Phipps also went north towards Orville and played there his frosh year along with Parks . Phipps came back and has been at Ye Olde Tommy W for the last two years and has shown flashes of real talent production and potential; . Coffman star RB/LB/Athlete Bryon Threats who was the first Coffman transfer from a city league program is also originally from the Mifflin area where he played as a Frosh .

Parks seems to have had his way at the D-5 level and may be it's just time for him to come back to Columbus and play at a higher level coemption . Heard he may be joining Phipps at YOTW . Then have heard here he may be coming to Coffman . Obviously Coffman is a better program and in fact YOTW HC Zingery resigned this week . He improved the program and did a good job and Phipps had a nice part in that improvement .
Parks on social media did say goodbye to his hometown of the last three years so he is gone, but I don't know anything more than that .

Coach Crabtree had a really solid message to his team on face book which kind of detailed how proud he and the coaches were of the teams toughness , determination and the great desire they played with the last month of the season. Said he was very proud of the heart and effort they showed . He is right , the team really showed a lot of grit and determination especially on defense the last couple weeks . The " Competitors creed" that hangs in the Locker room was the impetus or backdrop for his words . Very apt . President Theodore Roosevelt was the author , very powerful stuff .

Coffman Seniors had a really special part of this sentiment and their leadership and effort will be greatly missed. Behind the scenes and the feedback from the younger players was this group really got the concept of brotherhood , including everyone and setting great examples for and motivating the younger members of the program . That is what it is all about , when you really have something special is when the Seniors and veterans of the program make the younger players accountable and make them feel a apart of the program , motivate them and show then how to work , how to compete on Friday Nights. INCLUDE them . Show the that they will be someday be responsible for upholding a tradition that is bigger than they are . Rocks seem to be getting that aspect down pretty well . Special Senior group to be sure and the many talented Juniors who played big parts as key starters certainly were shown great examples the last two years and will certainly be poised to carry on that leadership .

Will write about some of the Seniors shortly and go over some of the big games this weekend . Some really interesting banter going on in game threads .

Parks is a great player, but comes with a ton of baggage and troubles with the law. I am 50/50 with seeing him leave the Orrville area. With his departure, it will be difficult for the Red Riders to make a serious run at another title run, but the distraction of what Parks has become has most likely run its course and it will be fun seeing new names stepping up to contribute for seasons to come.

With the law ? Yet he kept playing for you guys even when getting in trouble with the” LAW “ ? If you are getting in trouble with the “ LAW” why was he still playing HS football . ? I’m confused here .

Week 14

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all football teams who have a practice this morning or later this afternoon or early evening under the lights , you are in elite company. Congrats on having to practice today . Rare no travel day for my brood as it will be home all day for a relaxing day of adjusting the feedbag to an Apps setting and then later a pie and sweets setting. In between the stuffed tryptophan setting. Rinse and repeat throughout the day and oh yeah football will be on the screen.

Bishop Hartley vs. Trotwood Madison - LP Line BH - 3 CP BH - 1

Thought pre-season that the Hawks were a favorite to win the state title in D-3. Still think they can . This obstacle looms largest in their five game run towards the title. London , Granville and John 'Jackie " Alder are good football teams , well coached and were formidable foes, but not really state final worthy? Aurora and Mansfield { Shout out to former Coffman player Grose who has played for Mansfield the last two years } play in the B Bracket Semi.

Trotty W is a different story . The Hartley homers get irked by my mentioning the difference between them and their regular regional foes. I refer to them as 'Farming communities. Well Granville isn't that really . It's a unique community that was plucked out of the New England country side and placed a half hour east of Columbus . This isn't to say there aren't very good football teams and worthy opponents within this subset , but it is a noticeable difference between these programs and Bishop Hartley which is more urban , diverse and has some talent advantages.

Lost to City dweller Eastmoor last year but over the years they have feasted on the D-5 - D-3 more rural publics in regional play . Losing once in a while doesn't discount the average margin of victory the last decade in these types of matchups. Hartley has gotten better and better players the last few years and that si a testament to their success . Kids want to win and kids like the idea of making deep runs in the play-offs . That will never change and Hartley has less restrictions where they get kids like all Catholics do which is why they win the majority of titles despite being a distinct minority in total number of schools . I love how some argue it is no advantage and point to poorly performing privates.

I root for Central Ohio which has been given albeit - very slowly more and more respect state wide as the population of the outer-belt area continues to grow. The size of the High schools are smaller than other parts of the state as they are more likely to 'split" making another smaller sized school taking from the others population in the district.

Hartley is more athletic than the style they choose to play . They are content with playing in a phone booth and pounding it . They have a great back in January and a small handful of tough runners some with some size and strength . QB is a D-1 'Athlete" who plays QB, he will probably be a defensive back or slot guy at the next level. Trotwood is definitely battle tested for a D-3 team no question. The program that Sweet Mo Douglass built is thriving just fine and has carried on . QB went down last week and didn't return but they inserted another guy who did the job against a good Badin team. Hartley hasn't seen this speed in a while although Quinn of DeSales was a good test. I think Hartley has trouble with some of this speed at times but will shorten the game a bit and be content to play field position and punt 4-5 times .

January was needed to carry the rock 31 times last week , will that make his effectiveness less this week against faster defenders or will BH just stay inside the Phone booth and pound and punt ? At this level of competition can Hartley win getting virtually nothing from the passing game? Or are they just waiting to unveil it this week? Are they working on it as we speak ? What I keep coming back to is Trotwood has seen al kinds of size speed and stiff competition all year. Hartley has a nice schedule but lately are dancing at a slower speed than they will have to boogie to Friday at London . Note to fans be patient with the parking attendants , it's kind of a sheet show over there in terms of parking but if you arrive later right before Kick -off you fare better after the game IF you scurry at a good pace right at the final gun .

All smack aside I have always given Hartley and Burchfield a ton of respect for the program that ahs been built over the last decade , that is not to say there wasn't great success in other eras but this particular 'Growth " is impressive . Better athletes , more ambitious schedules and a definite yearning to become more " Big Time" if you will . Rooting for them , even though Coffman has never won a state title in football I still root for others to get it done from around the capital city and Hartley is included.

Trotwood 23 Hartley 20 - Grabbing the three points as it is certainly possible Hartley wins the game but I think either way it will be a close hard fought game with both teams possessing some strengths . Hartley has speed and athletes , but do they use them to their fullest potential ? Not sure my guess is developing more of a passing game for these types of situations may be useful . Eschewing the passing game may be something you can get away with in D-5 and even D-4 more readily on a consistent basis , but I think you at least need to be ready to get say the 70- 100 yards through the air wen the running game is taken away a bit or at least slowed down or cut in half . Good luck to the Hawks , i'll be rooting for them .

Last edited:
Week 14 Cont.

Must say that I find a traveless if you will T-Day very comforting and enjoyable so far. We have done it a time or two before but usually hit the road in some capacity . Previous years that whisk by in blink sometimes come flooding back when you have time to sit at home and ponder . College stop bye's and visits on the way to family destinations points East and Northwest . Waiting in line with a young ones in tow at the airport , getting to board first. Settling in and having fellow passengers comment on how " Good " the kids were on the plane , with me smiling knowing it's only because they had done it so many times living very far away from family . Closer now , long and medium length drives and shorter flights. Turkey in oven but not yet far along enough to have that incredible smell permeate the casa.

Falling asleep by 10 but waking up about an hour later to the sound of my Wife's voice talking to our daughter who instead of waiting for morning to come home from school was going to hit the road now. Hmmm . So much for Rem sleep because no matter how old you get I was once told by my Mom parents don't really sleep deeply until you arrive home . She was right. Nodded and slept a bit until I heard that reassuring sound of the garage door opening . The trudge up the stairs in a familiar cadence after a few minutes was next. And after a few minutes of convo with the folks my daughter made her down the hallway towards her room . Before she got there and settled in though she stopped at her younger brothers room . The sounds that followed was friendly banter , some barbs may be even a dull arrow slung. But laughter ensued and that is the often the sweetest sound to these ears . I slept very soundly after this.

Being thankful is a staple of this time of year , and I take that to heart . I am always thankful for the way my kids feel about each other and how they get along{ My sister an me were more a work in progress in this area at similar junctures but have been great for a long time} and how laughter and good humor and feelings has always been a part of this household and my larger family out of the area who I wont see until next month . I hope everyone can find these types of " small" things to be thankful for .

Cincy Elder vs. Springfield - LP Line Elder - 5 CP Elder - 3

Obviously saw Springfield up close and personal last week and they are a very solid good team , very physical and tough. Well coached and a bit more disciplined than I thought they may be . Coffman moved it well at times and were a hair away from scoring a few times and making a bigger play . Springfield deserves a lot of credit for bending at times but not breaking . Not easy to give up 270 yards and only 3 points . My thought is Elder will get more yards and more points this week, may be making that big play that eluded Coffman.

Talked to a Gahanna guy whose team played both Coffman and Elder . Said overall that the teams were pretty much in the same class . Gahanna score more points vs Coffman but moved the ball as well against Elder . Coffman gave up some shorter fields and a long run on a fake punt . Rocks and Elder both scored over 40. I thought going into this week that the physical nature of the Springfield game would have been difficult for the Rocks had they won the game to play well this week. Rocks were banged up coming into that game and that game did no favors to what ailed them . I know Springfield might be a little more weary for that as well but they appear to be healthier. Tolliver played was bottled up for the most part and then hobbled . Hopefully for their sake he can go near full speed.

Elder will pose problems for them defensively. Bigger up front with real dudes . Nice diverse attack that can score points in bunches . When Springfield is on offense however they may not find the sledding as tough as the style of play on offense may be lends the Elder defense more leeway and i don't thin they are as good as Coffman is defensively . Point spread here is apt . Elder by about 6 was my number , but if they get hot on offense can certainly win by larger margin . I think Springfield only wins by a more scant margin as their style here as it usually is will be extremely physical.

But that's not all Springfield is . They have a very impressive athletic Soph. QB Smoot with a really nice arm that is live in the vane of a willowy young pitcher who needs to fill out a bit more and then that 'Live arm becomes more lethal. He throws accurately for his experience level and has a nice presence in the pocket as well. Coffman had pressure on him most of the night and got him a few times to the ground and hurried him into incompletions but at other times he moved easily away from pressure stood in and delivered the ball on time and accurately . If Tolliver can get his 15 carries to compliment the much larger thicker Smoot who is a truck of a RB posing in a punishing offensive guard's body . Those echoes of pads still reverberating in London are a result of his couple of collisions with Rocks Linebackers that were more run by ambushes like a petty thief running over unsuspecting browsers on the street .

Springfield wants to keep the clock moving offering less exposure to their defense and may be making a few plays downfield to their stud receiver Stephens . Stephens made some plays against Coffman in good coverage , he simply has those ball skills many even good receivers don't have. . Not overly physical or possessing the body of a 4-5 star 30 offer kid but as productive as some of those more hallowed guys .

Interesting match-up , would love to watch this on TV but will be 'Stuck " with the Mentor -PC game , but those be the breaks LOL .

Elder 27 Springfield 20

Last edited:
With the law ? Yet he kept playing for you guys even when getting in trouble with the” LAW “ ? If you are getting in trouble with the “ LAW” why was he still playing HS football . ? I’m confused here .
He has met the requirements of "THE LAW" each and everytime he was in trouble with "THE LAW". How he was still able to play at Orrville is an easy one. He is a one man show and the coaches most likely did what they had to to keep him on the team. On a related note, I hope this doesn't start a "free agency" type trend in high school athletics.

He has met the requirements of "THE LAW" each and everytime he was in trouble with "THE LAW". How he was still able to play at Orrville is an easy one. He is a one man show and the coaches most likely did what they had to to keep him on the team. On a related note, I hope this doesn't start a "free agency" type trend in high school athletics.

Trend ? That trend might have like most in general arrived here in the Mid West on the later side , but it came a while ago and is chugging along .
Now as far as Coffman being a possible destination ? I am biased of course but a kid coming from a city school to Coffman is a huge opportunity and one that can immensely help a kid . Parks I am sure benefitted in some ways being part of your community . Obviously kids have gone from city schools in Middle school to early or even later HS to the Pickeringtons and other east side more suburban school settings upgrading the level of football program but more importantly the level of educational opportunity's coaching and teachers better Culture and higher expectations are huge positives.

Speaking of Free Agency , it isn't as if Parks has exactly been a life long Orville resident himself. I can safely and honestly say if Parks would have had any run in's wit the law while playing at Coffman ? He in no way sees the field . Kids lose good chunks of their season here for being found drunk at the Dublin Irish festival in early August . Coaches collectively hold their breath every year during this time. Law run in's and playing ? Not happening here .

IF that's the case Parks will never play for you he almost killed a guy and stole a car. He wore a ankle bracelet during basketball season and Orrville let him still play. But that's orrville they have no standards for their students

I am basing my thoughts on what happens when kids screw up when they are here not before . I don’t know this kids story like you do obviously but kid playing with an ankle bracelets is a new one for me . Good grief . I believe in second chances but if you commit a serious offense like that? You aren’t playing most anywhere . Not a good look for your community certainly if this is gospel truth .

Speaking of Parks . I just read the recent post about Parks from John McCallister the long time Ohio talent scout used by recruiters .

His site is MSR Ohio . You should take a peek . Thinks a lot of Mr. Parks actually not just his talent but as a person . No
Mention of this business you speak of. I am not calling you a liar here , just relaying what I just read . His conversation with him
Was recently before the last game Parks played at Orville . No mention of huge off field issues . I realize that your perspective would be different than mine seeing as he just left your community . Hope wherever Parks ends up he is successful and streets clear of future trouble . Happy Tday to you and yours in Orville

Speaking of Parks . I just read the recent post about Parks from John McCallister the long time Ohio talent scout used by recruiters .

His site is MSR Ohio . You should take a peek . Thinks a lot of Mr. Parks actually not just his talent but as a person . No
Mention of this business you speak of. I am not calling you a liar here , just relaying what I just read . His conversation with him
Was recently before the last game Parks played at Orville . No mention of huge off field issues . I realize that your perspective would be different than mine seeing as he just left your community . Hope wherever Parks ends up he is successful and streets clear of future trouble . Happy Tday to you and yours in Orville
If someone has a recruiting site, its best that they don't discuss legal issues or rumors about minors. There is no margin for error and if he were to say or post something that turned out to be false, he could be in hot water.
Its really up to the coaches, high school and college, to get the facts regarding any alleged off the field issues and then make a determination. Some coaches have a higher tolerance for BS than others. It seems as though Dublin Coffman's coach may be open to a player with issues. The only reason I say this is that it appeared as though some players on the current team were allowed to pretty much play when they felt like it. Maybe its different when it comes to legal issues. If DC is not open to a player with past legal issues, he may want to look at Pick North, they seem to have a very forgiving coaching staff as long as the kid can play.

'May be open to a player with issues"? 'players were allowed to play only if thy felt like it"? You know the issues and the Coffman's coach attitude or thoughts how? First off the coach hasn't and doesn't just let kids 'Sit out" . A High school football coach cannot make a kid play who says he's hurting. That was an issue with ONE kid , not multiple and again coach certainly wasn't down with it. I assume you are a Pick C homer? OK then ,. are you telling me none of your players have ever had any 'ISSUES" and later played ? Seriously get off your high horse here . I know better .

Yes I realize that a scout can't go there in that vane but I was just pointing out that he thought he was a high character kid and I would think if he was as bad as some Orville people seem to think NOW that he is gone he would be less enthusiastic in that piece. Do you think coaches can make a player play who says he's hurt even if he thinks is being a bit soft? I wrote that the coach went on the radio and made the statement that he wasn't down with player{s} " sitting out when not injured but merely sore " Mind over matter stuff . Past behavior and issues should exclude a kid for life from participating? That's a tricky one , but I will take that Orrvill homer's take on the matter with a big grain of salt. He and others may be 'Salty " that the kid is leaving and are throwing shade now that he is gone . Enjoy your Holiday and good luck Friday , Tigers have a good chance at victory I think .