Dover Tornadoes @ Steubenville Big Red Week 8

Is this the jv Qb?
Senior he was hurt his freshman year (broke his upper arm throwing the ball) and junior year (snapped left arm in preview game). The backup doesn’t practice well enough to get put in to make a difference. They have a freshman and an 8th grader this year coming up but idk if they'll be ready to play varsity next year.

Senior he was hurt his freshman year (broke his upper arm throwing the ball) and junior year (snapped left arm in preview game). The backup doesn’t practice well enough to get put in to make a difference. They have a freshman and an 8th grader this year coming up but idk if they'll be ready to play varsity next year.
So, are you using his past injuries for such a poor performance? So, if the starter practices well, it didn’t seem to transfer over to the game, maybe you all should rethink your thought process. Watching your last few QBs, I’d say your pap & dad QB judging is a little off.

Too bad we won’t be able to speak about Streetsboro this week and how “soft” they are.

So, are you using his past injuries for such a poor performance? So, if the starter practices well, it didn’t seem to transfer over to the game, maybe you all should rethink your thought process. Watching your last few QBs, I’d say your pap & dad QB judging is a little off.

Too bad we won’t be able to speak about Streetsboro this week and how “soft” they are.
No I’m not using them as excuses bc he’s my cousin and we tell him he needed to do a lot better and he was almost benched before the season then the backup started to do just as bad. And there wouldn’t be any conversation with you because all you do is go after my family and not the actual teams

I hate it when I am right on a prediction. I said the TOP would be a key and it was. Dover had the ball almost 32 minutes. The final score was not An indication of the total dominance of Dover tonight. Once again, statistics can be misleading. Big red had more total,yards, yet lost by 3 scores.
The pipeline is full in the next 4 classes, but unless something is done to improve the passing offense and especially stopping the pass, I am afraid we will continue to see similar results.

I hate it when I am right on a prediction. I said the TOP would be a key and it was. Dover had the ball almost 32 minutes. The final score was not An indication of the total dominance of Dover tonight. Once again, statistics can be misleading. Big red had more total,yards, yet lost by 3 scores.
The pipeline is full in the next 4 classes, but unless something is done to improve the passing offense and especially stopping the pass, I am afraid we will continue to see similar results.
All but 1 corner was either a junior or sophomore so there’s room to improve and the WRs in that are underclassmen have height and most have speed to get open

All but 1 corner was either a junior or sophomore so there’s room to improve and the WRs in that are underclassmen have height and most have speed to get open
But you said the backup QB wasn’t really good and were depending on the younger QBs. Now your saying there are good WRs? Who is going to throw them the ball? QB track record isn’t too stellar.

But you said the backup QB wasn’t really good and were depending on the younger QBs. Now your saying there are good WRs? Who is going to throw them the ball? QB track record isn’t too stellar.
The back up is a sophomore so he has all off season to improve

Big Red was OUTCOACHED again..... If you don't pull your QB that is family, you don't care about TEAM!!!! I don't care how great the next 5 classes are coming up, that staff won't win.
He wasn’t not pulled bc of family he wasn’t pulled bc it would’ve been a lateral move trust me they don’t care about family when it comes to players. I wasn’t given much of a leash there and if there was a better back up neither would he.

What out of state kids does Steubenville ever have?
QB Magnone from Weir, state Title, Busic from Weir,State Title. QB Girlardi from Wellsburg, State Title. After the Rape Scandal see movie " Roll Red Roll ", the OHSAA been watching closely. Steubenville couldn't have those titles without those out of state kids. Da Red been getting out of state and districts for over 70 years. Their last state title QB from Bellaire.

QB Magnone from Weir, state Title, Busic from Weir,State Title. QB Girlardi from Wellsburg, State Title. After the Rape Scandal see movie " Roll Red Roll ", the OHSAA been watching closely. Steubenville couldn't have those titles without those out of state kids. Da Red been getting out of state and districts for over 70 years. Their last state title QB from Bellaire.
those players went to middle school in Steubenville tho except the bell sire kid because his school closed his sophomore year

Big Red was OUTCOACHED again..... If you don't pull your QB that is family, you don't care about TEAM!!!! I don't care how great the next 5 classes are coming up, that staff won't win.
At least Steubenville isn't in a competitive conference. Pick and choose mediocre programs with bonus points for larger schools mathematically will get you into the playoffs. Go to Drew pastors website on Ohio High School football they have schedule strengths written for every school Steubenville never even came close to the having a very tough schedule over the years not since the All-American conference from the 1970s and prior. Eight or 9 home games I always thought would hurt you in the playoffs not use of traveling but schools that need money they're willing to do that the powerhouses will never agree to a schedule like that that's why Steubenville is able to get in not saying that there are poor program it's just crafty.

At least Steubenville isn't in a competitive conference. Pick and choose mediocre programs with bonus points for larger schools mathematically will get you into the playoffs. Go to Drew pastors website on Ohio High School football they have schedule strengths written for every school Steubenville never even came close to the having a very tough schedule over the years not since the All-American conference from the 1970s and prior. Eight or 9 home games I always thought would hurt you in the playoffs not use of traveling but schools that need money they're willing to do that the powerhouses will never agree to a schedule like that that's why Steubenville is able to get in not saying that there are poor program it's just crafty.
So them going on the road against Mooney (although not good this year), New Philly/Dover (every year), Fitch, was going to play Wheeling Park away. Them all so playing ranked teams from out of state. The only weak part of their schedule is in the middle of the season or week one to play Canada or a PA team because of not being in a conference. I think they should join a conference but the closest one for them is in Youngstown an hour away. It’s not that far but those teams already have solid conferences that wouldn’t need to add Steubenville.

Who is next for Dover?
Streetsboro, they have good athletes and have 2 FBS players. Michael Hall is the #3 prospect in the state overall going to Ohio state to play DT and a corner going to Boston College but he might not play because of paperwork issues from transferring from Akron East.

those players went to middle school in Steubenville tho except the bell sire kid because his school closed his sophomore year
I know the Busic family. Father was a Weirton cop, Magnone from Weirton. Girlardi family from Wellsburg and owned the Ford dealership prior to new owner. I'm sure if I had the time, I could produce many more. Robby Harbor (sp.) in the late 1980's would drive from Follansbee,Wv to Steubenville enrolled at Big Red. Read an article over the summer where one of the Jeter boys from Weir High back in the early 1970's was offered a transfer to Steubenville. Same for Vince Gilliam. The biggest threat the Big Red football are the street gangs kids starting issues at the early grades coming up. The fact of the drive-by murder of a recent Big Red homecoming queen says that Football is more important than the safety of it's citizens. See the movie " Roll Red Roll " Even the school system from top down was as corrupt a
Weirton is in Ohio!
Weirton, West Virginia. Veterans Memorial Bridge cross Ohio River links the two. Two towns where one is like Mayberry and the other like Compton, California. Crime, attitude, ect are polar opposites.

Never seen Girlardi or heard of BR having a Qb by that name, must have played years before my time. Like someone else stated the other 2 starting attending BR at the Jr high level. With open enrollment, the drive from Weirton to Steubenville is 10 minutes or less.