Dover Tornadoes Football 2022

I’m guessing this was a blanket offer out to many conferences, not just the IVC. They have been scrambling for a couple years now to find a conference that will take them.
This makes a lot of sense, the language used in the letter was not specific. Also very weird that it was dated in May 2022 and just now released, who is releasing this information to Big Time Sports? Why is Big Time Sports acting like Dover has an open application to the IVC when the only information they've shared is a 3+ month old letter asking for permission to apply? I'm guessing school/league officials will release a statement at some point.

Would it really be a bad thing if Dover joined the IVC in all sports except football? Obviously the enrollment difference is a killer in football but what other sports would Dover really completely dominate in? Sure, they'd be the best boys' bball program but there would be many years where the other top IVC teams would be able to compete with Dover.

Other than that what am I missing? Dover wouldn't have the best volleyball program. They wouldn't have the best girls' hoops program. Wouldn't have the best softball program. Maybe track? Maybe baseball? I'm not really sure. Wrestling maybe?

It would be great for Dover travel wise especially at the MS level and it would help the gates for all the IVC schools in multiple sports.

Maybe I'm wrong but this doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Would it really be a bad thing if Dover joined the IVC in all sports except football? Obviously the enrollment difference is a killer in football but what other sports would Dover really completely dominate in? Sure, they'd be the best boys' bball program but there would be many years where the other top IVC teams would be able to compete with Dover.

Other than that what am I missing? Dover wouldn't have the best volleyball program. They wouldn't have the best girls' hoops program. Wouldn't have the best softball program. Maybe track? Maybe baseball? I'm not really sure. Wrestling maybe?

It would be great for Dover travel wise especially at the MS level and it would help the gates for all the IVC schools in multiple sports.

Maybe I'm wrong but this doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
Completely agree besides football it's not a ridiculous thing to imagine! Maybe they pull a cv and go independent football!

You can’t just “join a conference”. You have to be voted in by the current teams and, so far Dover hasn’t been accepted by any including the OCC and a few others.
And you can’t “be voted in” until you apply. So your only real options are the cardinal when they get an opening or the federal and everyone knows that would never happen. Joining the IVC would be a joke for a school dovers size.

The Occ is to much driving way to far I think. Closest school not Dover and Np is west Holmes 45 min. Farthest I’d say Lexington Mount Vernon 1:45 min by bus. Ashland Mansfield Wooster 1:15-1:30 by bus. To much to far of a drive when you throw in week night middle school games.

Stay independent. Make the AD do his job. Schedule. Look around at other independent schools To play them. Louisville, canton central, Steubenville, Massillon etc.. if Dover can apply to beat up on ivc teams. They can put Massillon back on and take there butt kicking. The problem is the AD let’s Ifft and Bobby run the show.

Dover boys basketball could be playing highland and Garaway every year. Local teams that would fill the gym. But no all he cars about is padding his record and playing Akron Cleveland inner city teams that bring 5 fans. He may have 700 wins but a good eye and a close look at the real record over the years would see 350 of the 700 wins are vs Cleveland or Akron inner city teams. The AD should make basketball start playing local basketball. I think he’s scared to take a loss to a Garaway or Highland. I’m sure the gym would be a hell of a lot fuller then playing inner city crap that you blow out by 40 points. Lots of changes at that school need made starting at the top on down to even the school board if they don’t start doing what they were hired to do.

No levy will get past in many years. The public is on to the crap now a days. That’s why the last 2-3 failed. I see many more failing.

The Occ is to much driving way to far I think. Closest school not Dover and Np is west Holmes 45 min. Farthest I’d say Lexington Mount Vernon 1:45 min by bus. Ashland Mansfield Wooster 1:15-1:30 by bus. To much to far of a drive when you throw in week night middle school games.

Stay independent. Make the AD do his job. Schedule. Look around at other independent schools To play them. Louisville, canton central, Steubenville, Massillon etc.. if Dover can apply to beat up on ivc teams. They can put Massillon back on and take there butt kicking. The problem is the AD let’s Ifft and Bobby run the show.

Dover boys basketball could be playing highland and Garaway every year. Local teams that would fill the gym. But no all he cars about is padding his record and playing Akron Cleveland inner city teams that bring 5 fans. He may have 700 wins but a good eye and a close look at the real record over the years would see 350 of the 700 wins are vs Cleveland or Akron inner city teams. The AD should make basketball start playing local basketball. I think he’s scared to take a loss to a Garaway or Highland. I’m sure the gym would be a hell of a lot fuller then playing inner city crap that you blow out by 40 points. Lots of changes at that school need made starting at the top on down to even the school board if they don’t start doing what they were hired to do.

No levy will get past in many years. The public is on to the crap now a days. That’s why the last 2-3 failed. I see many more failing.
You really need to do some research because your post is full of false information.

There are only 6 schools, so Dover and Louisville could join together, but I’m not sure if the other schools would accept them.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why Dover, Phila and Louisville never formed an alliance so to speak for scheduling purposes. Sure, you can't have a 3-team league but how they don't play each other in football to fill two dates and how they don't play home and homes in all of the other sports is beyond me. Those schools fit together perfectly. I don't get it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Dover, Phila and Louisville never formed an alliance so to speak for scheduling purposes. Sure, you can't have a 3-team league but how they don't play each other in football to fill two dates and how they don't play home and homes in all of the other sports is beyond me. Those schools fit together perfectly. I don't get it.

I don’t know either. For what it’s worth, it feels like Dover, Phila, and Steubenville did that. Wouldn’t be a bad idea for Louisville to join (I know they played Steubenville this year). However that may go away, as Phila found a home in the OCC.

For what it's worth Dover is playing Berlin Hiland in boys basketball this season,at Hiland on December 10, this will be first time in the school's history that they have played a basketball game against each other, they have scrimmage each other in the past few years

Here is Dover's statement
1661886594936.png

Makes sense and a lot of the speculation here was spot on.

I wonder who the 7 leagues are. I would think 6 of them are: OCC, IVC, Fed, EBC, PAC, and MVL. Not sure who the last would be. Maybe they’re counting OVAC? Could be Buckeye 8 with Cambridge and Harrison Central?
I am assuming the Buckeye 8. They said they contacted over 70 schools, totaling the schools in the 6 leagues you listed and the buckeye 8 I got 65 schools, which is close.

I am assuming the Buckeye 8. They said they contacted over 70 schools, totaling the schools in the 6 leagues you listed and the buckeye 8 I got 65 schools, which is close.
There have been discussions about a new league that Steubenville, Boardman, Canfield and others could start. Wonder if it includes Dover.

Makes sense. That’s basically covers every adjacent conference.
IVC- central
OCC- west
PAC- northwest
Fed- north
EBC- northeast
B8- southeast
MVL- southwest

There are literally no other surrounding conferences, so those are really the only options.