Dover @ New Philadelphia

Pile Driver

Did I miss something or has there not been a post about the game yet???

I’m guessing things are looking rough on Dover’s end, so not much smack talk this year!!!

Predictions on the game? Any news on Ravine’s injury and if he plans to play Friday night? Weather looks like it’s going to be great.

I’ll be there rooting my heart out for Dover, but I think NP takes this one and, unfortunately, I don’t think it will be close.

tb81

Did I miss something or has there not been a post about the game yet???

I’m guessing things are looking rough on Dover’s end, so not much smack talk this year!!!

Predictions on the game? Any news on Ravine’s injury and if he plans to play Friday night? Weather looks like it’s going to be great.

I’ll be there rooting my heart out for Dover, but I think NP takes this one and, unfortunately, I don’t think it will be close.

New Philly was supposed to win big last year and we all seen had that played out. NP should win and with no full house it might feel like just another game.

Thought NP would win last year and somehow Dover found a way.
Will root for Dover but this is going to be a tough game for them unless their tackling improves and maybe a couple NP turnovers

Same thing every year.. Throw records and everything else out of the way, because it dont mean anything.. We always think that a certain team is going to dominate the opposing school and it dont happen.. With that said im taking Dover 28-17. NP will get outcoached yet again.

doverbuck

Dover has had some poor 2nd half play,Steubenville 7-7 going into the 4th,Canfield 10-3 at the half even S. Fayette was 21-7 at the half but Dover failed to score with a 1st and goal at the 1 and 1st down inside the 20 in the first half.
As for phila I think they are better than last year and have a legitimate shot at going to state,seem to have it all including stellar special teams. Go Dover!

Wooball

Some interesting numbers from recent history in this rivalry. They don't have any impact on Friday night's game, but may offer some insight on this series. I went back to 2002, which I think was Dennison's 1st year as a Quaker:

Dover leads the series 14-5 (since 2002)

Dover has scored 557 points, NP has scored 354
In Dover wins, the average score is 30.7 to 11.9
In New Phila wins, the average score is 37.4 to 25.4

Of New Phila's 5 wins, 3 have come in overtime. Another came on a last second field goal. The last was a 56-13 blowout
Of Dover's 14 wins, 1 came in overtime. 4 more have been by a TD or less. The other 9 have been by double digits.

Long story short, since 2002 there has been only 1 game that Dover hasn't either won, forced OT or lost by more than 3 points. So if you are predicting the Quakers to win in blowout fashion, which I have heard quite a bit this week, good luck. This year's numbers show that to be the smart pick, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

Old56

Some interesting numbers from recent history in this rivalry. They don't have any impact on Friday night's game, but may offer some insight on this series. I went back to 2002, which I think was Dennison's 1st year as a Quaker:

Dover leads the series 14-5 (since 2002)

Dover has scored 557 points, NP has scored 354
In Dover wins, the average score is 30.7 to 11.9
In New Phila wins, the average score is 37.4 to 25.4

Of New Phila's 5 wins, 3 have come in overtime. Another came on a last second field goal. The last was a 56-13 blowout
Of Dover's 14 wins, 1 came in overtime. 4 more have been by a TD or less. The other 9 have been by double digits.

Long story short, since 2002 there has been only 1 game that Dover hasn't either won, forced OT or lost by more than 3 points. So if you are predicting the Quakers to win in blowout fashion, which I have heard quite a bit this week, good luck. This year's numbers show that to be the smart pick, but I wouldn't bet on it.
6 wins
2017 was the last.

pirateflash07

Same thing every year.. Throw records and everything else out of the way, because it dont mean anything.. We always think that a certain team is going to dominate the opposing school and it dont happen.. With that said im taking Dover 28-17. NP will get outcoached yet again.
Sorry not this yr

K-1122

I know this is a throw the records out the window kinda game, and there have been numerous statistics concerning recent past matchups; a good percentage of in the past 10 years determined either homefield or not and sometimes in or out of the playoffs. Dover VS Phila will always get tremendous effort from both sides, but how will the fact that they are both in and their seed will already have been determined affect play (and play calling), a first for this series? Unlike many other game 6's in the state, this and other rivalry games will likely see no let ups and getting healthy for the playoffs...

K-1122

As far as the posts about last year's game...I would say that there was better than a 50% chance that Phila would outscore Dover if May finished the game??? And the 34 point reference is ignorant of the fact that good offensive possessions help your defense.

Pipe dream

Will see. If Dover can call the right plays keep the D fresh and get good QB play Dover will be in it till the end. If not it could get ugly quick
No one cares about
I'll take that bet expeshely with Ravine questionable

make the bet. Ravine could have played last week. You said the same stuff last year on Dover Np game. Np should win but Garaway gets clocked this week. Name the bet??

Pipe dream

As far as the posts about last year's game...I would say that there was better than a 50% chance that Phila would outscore Dover if May finished the game??? And the 34 point reference is ignorant of the fact that good offensive possessions help your defense.
they were getting beat with May playing 75% of the game