Dover football 2021

doverbuck

Coming off what was the strangest football season ever with the schedule being wrecked in August then a couple more times after that.
A good nucleus returns with both quarterbacks that started,one of the 2 top running backs a good mix of linemen and some athletic tall receivers.
Defense really struggled but also was up against some of the best offensive teams I have seen in one season,South Fayetteville,Canfield and phila all skilled.
Tough schedule with Mentor Lake Catholic, Canfield,Steubenville, Akron East and Phila keeps having record seasons after losing record breakers but now have a change in leadership.
Really hoping the stadium can be at full capacity, that was just weird.

Going to be interesting to see who the starting QB is, hopefully a decision is made early in practices so that the other player can get practice reps and contribute as a WR, both are good athletes. The Lake Catholic game will help the team out a lot more than the week 1 opponents of years past. Hopefully we get a more normal season in regards to fans in the stands.

Was told a couple hours ago that a long time assistant will not be back this year. Last years offense struggled big time until the 4th quarter of the Phila game,after that it looked a lot like the offense of years past.

Excited for another Canfield Dover game. Both teams have had much success in the past and similar, well-respected programs! Also very pleasant fans in person and on yappi

Is Indian Valley on the schedule this year?
Yep, Week 3, 9/03/21

Dover
08/19 H Mentor Lake Catholic
08/27 A Canfield
09/03 A Gnadenhutten Indian Valley
09/10 H Akron East
09/17 H Steubenville
09/24 A Vincent Warren
10/01 N Unknown Opponent ()
10/08 H Marietta
10/15 H Wheeling Linsly School (WV)
10/22 H New Philadelphia

Excited for another Canfield Dover game. Both teams have had much success in the past and similar, well-respected programs! Also very pleasant fans in person and on yappi
Yes I have lived in Canfield for about 25 years and also lived in Dover for 3 years, though never went to any games while I lived in Dover, they are both very nice communities.

Yep, Week 3, 9/03/21

Dover
08/19 H Mentor Lake Catholic
08/27 A Canfield
09/03 A Gnadenhutten Indian Valley
09/10 H Akron East
09/17 H Steubenville
09/24 A Vincent Warren
10/01 N Unknown Opponent ()
10/08 H Marietta
10/15 H Wheeling Linsly School (WV)
10/22 H New Philadelphia

good schedule; excited to see IV on there. If Dover can run that minefield they’ll be tournament ready for sure.

Seven home games?
Is this Steubenville or what?

Definitely an advantage playing most of your games at home. :rolleyes:
Akron East plays all non league games on the road,Lindsay was a very late cancellation for a game at Dover last year so they are coming this year.
Moving forward I think we will see over 5 home games because Dover will likely be independent starting next season,that or they will be in a 3 team ECOL

If the ECOL dies we only loose Marietta & Vincent. Better off without them. What coaches are leading the offensive & defensive units this year??

A schedule has come out that lists the Warren game as home that takes Dover to 8 home games and saves us the 100 mile trip unless it was a typo.

The final scrimmage is listed as Lake Catholic but since they are game 1 I am sure it is a typo,anyone know who the 2nd scrimmage is with?

Not sure what Ashland has but I hear Dover did a nice job tonight grabbing a 42-0 halftime lead. Anyone have other details?