Dover Football 2015

Pile Driver

Not a lot of talk on here about the Tornadoes this year. What can we expect from them? I know they graduated a lot of seniors, so it will be interesting to see how the younger guys step it up.

They have a pretty rough schedule this year picking up Cleveland CC, Lake, Steubenville, and Nordonia in the non-conference games.

Any predictions on record? Who will be taking over QB for Dover with no Mamerella's left on the field?

I don't know the ins and outs and specifics of the Dover program, but I would imagine anything less than a playoff berth would be inadequate. I've been a fan of the program since I visited way back when, when I went to watch my Greenville Green Wave take on the Tornadoes.

That was an interesting matchup inthedarke as Greenville got off the bus and scored on 2 long runs by a good back.
Dover will be a mystery team for a while with a lot of new kids stepping into new roles plus a couple starters transferring out(so I hear).
I also read that Dover moves up to D2 which I want to see an official verdict on because I thought we were in about the middle of the pack of D3 enrollment wise. If we do end up in D2 we could be playing a stark county team if we make the playoffs,should know for sure what division this week.

Dover will be the best team in the state, again. I don't think anyone will out talent them. They should win a state title, but I don't think they will because someone will cheat and probably recruit some out of state all stars.

Haha all joking aside, I think Dover will be pretty solid again. They run a very good spread offense, and with the right QB and quick WR, will be dangerous against anybody they play.

I'd say playoffs are probable, and expected within their program. I'm not sure about exact talent, but I think with this offense they could grab a win in the playoffs

That was an interesting matchup inthedarke as Greenville got off the bus and scored on 2 long runs by a good back.
Dover will be a mystery team for a while with a lot of new kids stepping into new roles plus a couple starters transferring out(so I hear).
I also read that Dover moves up to D2 which I want to see an official verdict on because I thought we were in about the middle of the pack of D3 enrollment wise. If we do end up in D2 we could be playing a stark county team if we make the playoffs,should know for sure what division this week.

Did some of those Dover players transfer to Garaway? Just wondering

Good Luck From a Pirate Fan

Don't think so flash,but Garaway is gonna be loaded maybe a little young this year but next year,look out.

Did some of those Dover players transfer to Garaway? Just wondering

Good Luck From a Pirate Fan

Dover will finish 5-5. losses to Nordonia, Lake, Steubenville, Zanesville and New Philly.

According to a few non homer Dover fans they have young talent but a year away. The QB situation this year is sketchy and their only returning wide receiver from last year transferred.

Cle Central Catholic is an interesting team, a lot of returning players and coaching stability but always seem to make dumb mistakes with the game online, no kicking game, etc.

Cle Central Catholic is an interesting team, a lot of returning players and coaching stability but always seem to make dumb mistakes with the game online, no kicking game, etc.

I agree I think it will be a dogfight to the end. C.C.C. Has some great athletes that could match up with Dovers receivers 1on 1 that would spell trouble for Dover but I would rather play them than team Canada.

Don't think so flash,but Garaway is gonna be loaded maybe a little young this year but next year,look out.

I know they will be a little young but we have a loaded Jr and soph class was wondering where faraway got their transfers from because they have a hand full of transfers I think 4 or 5 guys all but one will start

I agree I think it will be a dogfight to the end. C.C.C. Has some great athletes that could match up with Dovers receivers 1on 1 that would spell trouble for Dover but I would rather play them than team Canada.

The Ironmen are always a football team that's better then their record because of the mental mistakes they make that cost them games. They made the playoffs 2 seasons ago but had a loss to Benedictine where they were up 1 with just the kickoff left to play and they gave up a kick return for a TD to lose it. Were 20 to 3 against Chagrin Falls in the playoffs and lost as well. Last season they lost to Holy Name 21-18 because they couldn't hit PAT's or field goals. Should be a good game though, both teams will want to pick up some early season momentum against a quality opponent.

Dover stays in D3 as the largest school in D3. (Hey we are #1) it's a joke OK.
Also move to region 7 so they will be competing for the playoffs with schools that most of us are more familiar with and it appears the region is more congested to perhaps cut down the chances of such long trips,tough tough competition but I like the switch from central Ohio.