Dover 2022/2023

How does this Dover team compare to the teams theyve had the last three years? Is this a squad that has what it takes to go far in the tournament?
They lack height, poor foul shooting and can hit long cold spells from the field but they are fun to watch because of hustle defense and grit. I would say they might win 2 tournament games but I would never count them out.

How does this Dover team compare to the teams theyve had the last three years? Is this a squad that has what it takes to go far in the tournament?
Dover is a good team this year, but they don’t have the talent last year’s team had with TC, Aiden and Joey. This team is a bunch of grinders. They defend well but definitely have cold spells offensively and at the line. They could go out round one again, but they could give people fits too by slowing down the games like BVK has done in the past

Could very easily get bounced in Rd 1 but has the potential to win 2-3 games. The thing I love about this team is they get after it on both ends. Always crashing the offensive boards and trying to get extra possessions. Scoring has been pretty spread out across 4-5 guys all year instead of the typical 1-2 in the past years.

New phila 45 Dover 30
That was a smothering defense for phila holding Dover to just 8 attempts in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Dover shooting % was around 25%. Sometimes you get Slaughtered.

Very off night tonight for the Dover squad, couldn’t get anything to fall and Slaughter got everything to fall.. Just a couple games ago he couldn’t hit a shot at all.. Just the way high school basketball is! Dover will bounce back and be just fine! Team has a ton of heart!

Dover 3 huge games in 5 days including OT win over Massillon on Sunday. Tornadoes will bounce back…

Saturday Dover at Hoover classic to take on Hudson,will be a huge challenge to deal with the Hudson size. Go Dover! 3:00 tip off

Shooting problems persist, down 38-21 late in the 3rd Hudson using its height advantage well on the offensive end.

It sounds like this basketball season has been the opposite of the football season. I think both teams are/were good, but while the football team had plenty of unlucky bounces and lost pretty much all the close games, the basketball team has won all the close games (so it’s a nice change from football).

Yes, but that’s 2 regionals in 9 years. Agree , they’d of had made 1-2 more appearances if not for D-1.
Not sure I am understanding your math, since 2012 (the last 11 seasons) they have had 4 regional appearances, losing in the finals by 4 pts, 2 pts & 2 pts in OT. The other appearance was cancelled due to covid. Yes if you want to discount 2012,2013 then technically 2 in 9 but that is not telling the whole story. Other than 2017 & 2018 they have been on a nice run. D1 screwed them as you can relate.
On another note, nice comeback by Dover tonight. They have some good wins against Stark area schools (Lake, Massillon) Have to wonder how much respect you will get out of the D1 schools up north come tournament seeding.

Last edited:
They have some good wins against Stark area schools (Lake, Massillon) Have to wonder how much respect you will get out of the D1 schools up north come tournament seeding.
Probably not much. Lake and Massillon are both .500 teams and Hudson is now 4-9 with their loss today. I would say a win over Alliance on Tuesday would probably be their best win of the season if they can pull that one out.

Not sure I am understanding your math, since 2012 (the last 11 seasons) they have had 4 regional appearances, losing in the finals by 4 pts, 2 pts & 2 pts in OT. The other appearance was cancelled due to covid. Yes if you want to discount 2012,2013 then technically 2 in 9 but that is not telling the whole story. Other than 2017 & 2018 they have been on a nice run. D1 screwed them as you can relate.
On another note, nice comeback by Dover tonight. They have some good wins against Stark area schools (Lake, Massillon) Have to wonder how much respect you will get out of the D1 schools up north come tournament seeding.
I’m a big philly fan. Maybe my math is off a little bit. Go Philly