Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

Hey, I guess we have to be flexible. :)

ROCK ON!

Very sick - chills, dizziness, weakness.

Mom much worse. Has been in bed for 16 hours. Trie to get her to the hospital but she wouldn't go
I haven't been around for awhile, so I wasn't able to see your post. You and mom have all of my fervent wishes. We want.....hell, we need......you back. I want to see you in fine fettle, my friend.

Wow! It looks like we are suffering from a bit of "game slippage". Maybe it's due to concerns about the coronavirus.

Sorry to post this sad new about Kenny Rogers' passing. He was a superstar and one of my favorites. I think that lots of people could identify with the lyrics from "The Gambler":

R.I.P. KENNY ROGERS!

Last edited:
Wow! It looks like we are suffering from a bit of "game slippage". Maybe it's due to concerns about the coronavirus.

Sorry to post this sad new about Kenny Rogers' passing. He was a superstar and one of my favorites. I think that lots of people could identify with the lyrics from "The Gambler":

R.I.P. KENNY ROGERS!
I just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in.

RIP Running buddy.

Last edited:
Heaven's a better place....

And then there was an answer song...
remember those based upon the premise of the original hit.

a related story...
For several years, I worked a gentleman (Wm.W.); each year he would grow
a full beard in order to play Santa for the kids. William was a little husky
(not fat) and when the beard was full he could pass for Kenny Rodgers
twin. After April he would shave it off so he could don his clown suit
for the July 4th parade. WW even took some time off to attend
Ringling Brothers 'Clown College' in Florida.

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
After meeting my future legally-blind MIL for the first time, I didn’t think I’d made a great impression. Afterward I found she’d asked my wife what I looked like. My wife said Kenny Rogers, and my MIL squealed with delight.

Luckily for me, she was a huge fan, After that, I’d start singing “Heed the Call” whenever we visited, just in case.

After meeting my future legally-blind MIL for the first time, I didn’t think I’d made a great impression. Afterward I found she’d asked my wife what I looked like. My wife said Kenny Rogers, and my MIL squealed with delight.

Luckily for me, she was a huge fan, After that, I’d start singing “Heed the Call” whenever we visited, just in case.

Wow! Thats exactly my first time meeting the ex-MIL. Except she was legally blind and had no finger tips, so the lie was safe.

OK, that's a lie. Completely made up.

I too am concerned about our good friend Bevo. Let us hope and pray that both he and family are OK.
Diva, I'm thinking you must have some hometown connection to check up on him in some fashion, no?
Godspeed to all in this time of uncertainty.

Important:

Hi All - After some investigative work, I have learned that our dear friend Bevo is in the hospital with pneumonia and is not permitted visitors. For right now, he's hanging in there, but please include him in your prayers. Stay safe and let's hope and pray that Bevo is back with us soon.

Important:

Hi All - After some investigative work, I have learned that our dear friend Bevo is in the hospital with pneumonia and is not permitted visitors. For right now, he's hanging in there, but please include him in your prayers. Stay safe and let's hope and pray that Bevo is back with us soon.

View attachment 6471

Ditto.

I may be young enough to be considered a "millennial" around these parts, but I respect my elders and feel older than my age.

Get well, Bevo!

Today is John Hamilton's birthday...

TCM is showing some of his film works....

You know him as Sterling Hayden (nee Sterling Relyea Walter)

During WW-II he served in the U.S.Army, U.S.Marine Corps, and the OSS
John Hamilton was the name he used to join the USMC

-- 1 in the throat then 1 in the head --

:>---

SALT

Prayer said. Not one of those, "I'll say I'll say a prayer because it's expected" but a real prayer. I hope someone can get word to Bevo and his mother that prayers are going up here.

eastisbest and others - Bevo's family does know that he is in our thoughts and that we are praying for his recovery. They appreciate our concern.

Prayers for Bevo!

Last edited:
I think one of the AARPsters have discussed this book already? I just finished Mike Love's autobiog "Good Vibrations". Very interesting, very detailed, filled in a few things I never quite understood about the Beach Boys. Hard to believe Love just turned 79, and Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston are both 77 now. Glad I got to see them play together with Carl Wilson in 1989 after a Cincinnati Reds ballgame.

My favorite Beach Boys video - well, I think of it as a Beach Boys video, lol .....

Last edited:
Yes Zunardo, we have discussed The Beach Boys on this thread many times over the past 19-years. They are my all-time favorite group and I've seen them perform well over a dozen times. "Good Vibrations" is a great read. Lots of really interesting stuff. I'm sure that if "JB" sees this, he'll mention that Beach Boy Al Jardine is originally from Lima (OH). He was planning on becoming a dentist until he got involved with the Wilson brothers and Mike Love. The rest is history!

On a more important note, Bevo is still in the hospital. As I get information, I'll update the group.

Prayers for Bevo!

I think one of the AARPsters have discussed this book already? I just finished Mike Love's autobiog "Good Vibrations". Very interesting, very detailed, filled in a few things I never quite understood about the Beach Boys. Hard to believe Love just turned 79, and Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston are both 77 now. Glad I got to see them play together with Carl Wilson in 1989 after a Cincinnati Reds ballgame.

My favorite Beach Boys video - sorta .....

The boss and I saw TBBs and Chicago at the coliseum. Each were great in their own way. Good times.

For all the AARPsters and Prayer Warriors: It's time to REALLY ramp up those prayers for Bevo. He is still in the ICU and is on a ventilator for his pneumonia. He also is suffering some kidney issues. Prayers are greatly needed!

Increase those prayers for Bevo!