Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

Diva - don't know if you watched but the Buckeyes were on tonight. With Jake now a full assistant he's on screen a lot more than when he was the video guy at OSU a few years ago.

They are on again Monday. And, they are a lot of fun to watch.

Don't know if you caught our comment or not but AaronCraft is playing his last season overseas and is going to OSU's med. school next year. It is what he has said he always wanted to do. He's made enough dough for his wife and newborn son and to have a home. Good for him.
Just like he did at OSU, Craft continued to win numerous defensive awards in his pro career,

Watching OSU play. Thanks for the reminder, Bevo. I sent a TV shot pic to my daughter. She said, Yep, that's him.

Good; that's cool. I know she's totally satisfied with life but it's still pretty neat to be able to say, "I dated that guy my senior year when we were state champs!" "You did?" "Yep!"

I don't fall for the hub-bub of the day and rarely join in the latest fad but since you'll not find a Chik-Fil-A anywhere near a neighborhood like mine, thought I'd try that Popeye sandwich. Standing several minutes at the plexiglass protected ordering station, seeing a bunch in the kitchen seeming to ignore me and listening to one on break in the eating area dropping one MF bomb after another, while looking at the sign of the sandwich with a strip over it saying "Be back soon," I started to walk away when a kid finally showed up the other side of the plexiglass. I stopped and stepped back to the window. She said they have the sandwich, I could get regular or spicy. "Spicy." Side of mashed and a pop, $6 something.

It is GOOOoooooOOOOoooooOOOOD-D-D-D!!!

Haven't had - but I will.

(I thought you were heading to "So I walked out". I am much more difficult than the old days. got old and pissed! (About everything.)

Last week my wife went to Popeye's before the dinner crush and picked up a couple of the spicy chicken sandwiches for me to try. Fortunately, she said there wasn't a line, and she only had to wait about two minutes.

My verdict was, not bad, not bad at all - but it wouldn't be worth going thru a lot of drama for. Nicely spicy without being painful, and that great Popeye's flavor.

Funny how as the years go by the Kennedy Assassination slips further and further into ancient history. It was 56 years ago today. I was a 12- year old seventh-grader at USJHS - not far from where Diva now lives. I had nothing after school that day and I remember walking in the back door and my mom was watching it all unfold on tv. My dad got home from work around 5:15 and I went out the back door to talk about it. He knew nothing about it. His job was operating heavy equipment for the C&O R.R., which he sometimes did alone. Both of our cars did not have radios. (Can you imagine?!) He knew nothing about it.

Upper had a teen center back then called The Tepee. It didn't last more than five months but had just opened and we all congregated there in the evening - 7-12th grades. There was a pizza place close by (Susie's - still there) and that's what we did that evening.

I guess it was sometime the next day that it was announced everywhere that there would be no school on Monday for the funeral. I remember four straight days of tv coverage - remember, the networks were all that existed - there wasn't even PBS yet.

My friends and I spent Monday playing basketball outside. I guess Thanksgiving was also that week.

Washington Square was a very popular song and its arrangement and acoustical rendering added to the sad feelings.

Three months later The Beatles landed on Ed Sullivan.

^^^I was in First Grade at St. Anthony school in Dayton, when JFK was assassinated. I just remember the Principal making an announcement over the PA system and dismissing the school, all while my classroom teacher was crying her eyes out. With the attention span of a six year old, I really had no idea what the Principal was saying. It wasn't until I got home that my parents explained what happened.

I still remember that event like it was yesterday. It's funny but Mrs. JB and I were just talking about how strange it was that
we hadn't heard or seen one reference today about the Kennedy assassination and then I find this thread less than an hour later !

It really makes me feel even older when I read the comments on here from posters who were in the first grade or junior high that day.
I was a 17 year old freshman at OSU and didn't turn 18 until 5 days later. What really sticks out in my memory bank is watching Lee Harvey Oswald get murdered by Jack Ruby on LIVE television a couple of days later ! Unbelievable .

JB

This thread will take care of the significant events of our lives.

Hey, j. high doesn't mean jack - :). We had our 50th. in Sept and although there was a lot of talk about "hooking up", sadly, it meant hooking up durable medical equipment.

I was sitting in our tv room (living room with my four-legged tray - yes, I was one of those kids but my folks preferred to have me out of the way, also - so it was fine), around 12:30 or so when Oswald was being led out of the garage.

Remember? What was going to happen next?????

Last edited:
Well, the best-laid plans sometimes go wrong. I'm sitting here watching the game, not scrambling to get the parlor done. My in-laws aren't able to come anymore. Jay is 91 and can't eat or breathe very well anymore. Donna is 90 and ok, but they can't make it. Delta said tough luck, I don't get my money back. A doctor's call from them will stop the $200/ticket fee. My loyalty will go to Southwest from here out. They don't charge fees if you have to cancel your flight.

Our son is still coming in Wednesday.

The room won't be done. We tried our hardest, but we've run out of time and will take a while longer to finish. The tree will be up in the game room, Bevo, not the new room. It helps to not be stressed over it, however.

Enjoy the game, everyone.

I heard it is a good flick.

When the big games are tight like today, I now have to get up and leave the room during commercials.

Just came back from Findlay (25 miles) very slick around VanLue and Carey (can't get much more provincial than that). Bucks left for sure seven points on the field and maybe gave away fourteen. Oh well, we know - win and move on!

I fear the mighty Wolverines. They're good and they have to win sometime, right?!

Last edited:
For the record for J.B. and anyone else of a like mind - At the end of Brian Williams - The 11th. Hour - at two minutes to midnight on the 22nd., Brian recognized the Assassination Anniversary Friday night. He seems like the type of broadcaster I would expect this from.

In a type of throwback game, Ohio State will play Kent State tonight in St. John Arena, one of the great basketball venues:

ROCK ON!

In a type of throwback game, Ohio State will play Kent State tonight in St. John Arena, one of the great basketball venues:

View attachment 4922

ROCK ON!
Saw so many high school state final four tournament games there, circa 1970 up thru mid-90's. Spectacular venue.

Read recently that the OHSAA will be staging the girls' final four there this season; and that the boys finals will move back there in the 2020-2021 season....thought I saw it here somewhere on Yappi, but am currently unable to locate the link.

But if true, great news!

Saw so many high school state final four tournament games there, circa 1970 up thru mid-90's. Spectacular venue.

Read recently that the OHSAA will be staging the girls' final four there this season; and that the boys finals will move back there in the 2020-2021 season....thought I saw it here somewhere on Yappi, but am currently unable to locate the link.

But if true, great news!

coldshoulder - I couldn't agree more about St. John Arena.

Here's the info about the girls' basketball state tournament being held at St. John:

2020 OHSAA Girls Basketball State Tournament
St. John Arena, The Ohio State University
March 12-14, 2020

ROCK ON!

What's old is new. Good idea!!

And Happy 80th. (!) Birthday to someone who never seems to get old - Anna Mae Bullock.

Rock on, Tina!

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts of late, but I just wanted to tell you that Delta Airlines refunded my money and companion ticket. They made it right, so I wanted to clear their name since I let everyone know how unhappy I was with them. The lady couldn't believe they treated me so poorly.