Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

No reason for these - just had some thoughts this morning that took me there... .

The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells

Midnight Mary - Joey Powers I believe we gleaned some trivia out of this one.)

24-Hours From Tulsa - The prolific Gene Pitney.

24-Hours From Tulsa - The prolific Gene Pitney.

For some reason, I liked the songs of Gene Pitney and Glen Campbell when they sang of different destinations and cowboys. A few of those songs include:
"Town without Pity", "(The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance", "Half Heaven – Half Heartache", "Mecca", "Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa", "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Rhinestone Cowboy".

Another Glen Campbell song that I liked was "Dreams of the Everyday Housewife". I'm almost hesitant to admit it, but for some reason I found the lyrics very evocative:

No Buckeyes this weekend, but lots of really good college games (Oklahoma-Texas, USC-Notre Dame, Penn State-Iowa, Alabama-Texas A&M, Houston-Cincinnati and #5 LSU vs. #7 Florida). Like many Buckeye fans, I've been following the former OSU QB, Joe Burrow, who now is leading LSU and putting up big numbers. He currently is among those being mentioned as a Heisman candidate.

Friday night outcomes for many of your favorite schools:
WINNERS: Canton McKinley, Akron SVSM, Elder, Canton Central Catholic, Anthony Wayne, Lima Senior
LOSERS: Upper Sandusky, Hamilton Twp., Newark, Elida, Hubbard

ROCK ON!

You saw that Upper score. We've had a running cock on us 3-4 times.

Believe it or not, we've covered Everyday housewife on here. Funny, how the most mundane of topics can generate a song.

I also thought Pitney's songs were really evocative.

Feels like real fall this morning. Going to see the movie Judy later on and end with the big tv games tonight.

I love that crisp Autumn air when the sky is brilliant blue an the leaves are gold but it's looking drizzly here and not even the reds are showing. Hope it clears. My treat for the weekend has been watching a stands full of kids go from chattering in Arabic to singing "You're Beautiful" and another lined up for kick start rocking out when the Stones comes over the PA.

I'd been wanting to get to Dearborn for the longest time for a game and food. Not possible I could imagine HOW Middle Eastern it was. I'd planned to hit one of the bakeries or restaurants to refresh my memory from time in the ME but couldn't pass up a burger joint in a gas station. Definitely a day trip worth putting in the planner for anyone. I need to go back. I've never been to Greenfield Village.

I love that crisp Autumn air when the sky is brilliant blue an the leaves are gold but it's looking drizzly here and not even the reds are showing. Hope it clears. My treat for the weekend has been watching a stands full of kids go from chattering in Arabic to singing "You're Beautiful" and another lined up for kick start rocking out when the Stones comes over the PA.

I'd been wanting to get to Dearborn for the longest time for a game and food. Not possible I could imagine HOW Middle Eastern it was. I'd planned to hit one of the bakeries or restaurants to refresh my memory from time in the ME but couldn't pass up a burger joint in a gas station. Definitely a day trip worth putting in the planner for anyone. I need to go back. I've never been to Greenfield Village.

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn has an Oscar Mayer Wienermobile...a must see!

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn has an Oscar Mayer Wienermobile...a must see!

Kept passing one on our way to DC once, lol.

Weinermobile-1.png

Weinermobile-4.png

Weinermobile-3.png

Hubby and I have been watching the World Ironman Championship all day. It takes place in Kona on the Big Island right where we stayed in March. The top eight men have just finished; waiting for the top woman.

Human limits seem to have no end even in the physical. Kipchoge beats 2hrs in the Marathon. Doesn't count because he had rabbits the whole way but it's just a matter of time. I once sat in my lazyboy awake, 2hrs straight, not even a bathroom break or a nod-off.

Human limits seem to have no end even in the physical. Kipchoge beats 2hrs in the Marathon. Doesn't count because he had rabbits the whole way but it's just a matter of time. I once sat in my lazyboy awake, 2hrs straight, not even a bathroom break or a nod-off.
This record is very hard to even image. I heard that it would be like setting a treadmill at 12.5 mph and running at that speed for a little more than two hours. Wow! ?

Amazing. Especially considering I have a tough time staying awake for more than a few minutes during the homily at Mass, while sitting on a hard pew.
Amen, FootballFan1795! I can totally relate to what you're saying. :)

ROCK ON!

Amazing. Especially considering I have a tough time staying awake for more than a few minutes during the homily at Mass, while sitting on a hard pew.

At least you got plenty of company. You ought to try being Baptist. Singing and yelling seriously messes with the REM cycles of use more peaceful types. All that "sowing" and "seeding" ... who can sleep through that?

For people of a certain age and/or emotional leaning, Judy gets a "A". Give Zellqweger an "A+". Mesmerizing story about this American icon's fierce attempt to stay in the game, reclaim her children (from all appearances, a good mother) and keep on keeping on. This is Judy performing in London six months before her death.

The flashbacks to her time at Metro-Goldwyn Mayer are frightening in her severe treatment as a child star - which was when the pill popping started in an effort for Judy to go all day, way beyond "normal" working hours for anyone, but especially a youngster.

Poignant but vastly interesting.

Also, those of you may recall the talk show host who preceded, Johnny C, as being Jack Parr. Before my time and interest as a child, but I have watched old clips of his show. Jack P. loved the Kennedys and he loved Judy G. and had her on a lot. She was a great story teller - a bit manic and naughty - but extremely interesting.

She told a story one night about several on the Munchkins approaching her during filming and saying, "We are going to have sex with you."

Judy replied, "If you do and I find out about it, you're going to be in a lot of trouble!!"

The movie is well worth seeing. You will also be watching the ultimate winner of the best actress" category.

For people of a certain age and/or emotional leaning, Judy gets a "A". Give Zellqweger an "A+". Mesmerizing story about this American icon's fierce attempt to stay in the game, reclaim her children (from all appearances, a good mother) and keep on keeping on. This is Judy performing in London six months before her death.

What a voice. How'd they handle that in the movie?

Eastisbest - Zellweger did all of the songs and did them closely enough that I would never be able to tell the difference.

Not only that, but she had Judy's mannerisms, inflections, gestures, etc., down to perfection. I'd see it again and we may even buy this one.

When it comes time to sing you know what, the presentation is more than unique.

My family of seven girls sang "He Ain't Heavy" at a church talent show when I was about 14, with me on guitar, to introduce our new little brother. We used to perform shows, especially at Christmas.

Sounds like I want to see "Judy".

You do. It's on everywhere but the crowds are medium. It's been out a few weeks so those that want to catch it, have. We saw it in Mansfield.

When we go to movies in Findlay, there are rarely more than 10 people in the room. I don't know how they stay open.

We purposefully go at afternoon times to sit in a small group. We have more than once been the only people in a theater.

Maybe they make up their money by selling treats and hiring college kids; plus, all of the theaters seem to run all day now.

Looks like the same ones from The Exorcist.
Those are pretty narrow.

True story: My first Engineering job was outside DC. A buddy and I were walking back from the university, though the upper Georgetown neighborhood. We both got chilled at the same time, looked at each other; backed up a few steps. Saw some steps between buildings. Couldn't figure it. Walked down the steps to M street, turned around and looked up. It occurred to us. The neighborhood though, looks a lot different to me now, then what I have in my head. The Car Barn (building along side), maybe it's been modernized or something.