Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

Diva - Carman Crew (Diebler and Craft's team) plays tonight (Thursday) at 7:00 on ESPN.

I note that this is the three-year anniversary of a handful of us transitioning from The Huddle to Yappi. Close to 600,000 views - not bad considering our decrepitness.

Last edited:
# 9 of 20 The 60s Best Selling Albums of the 60s

100 Best Selling Albums of the 60s

From the book of the same name published in 2004. Author is Gene Sculatti.
Greatest Hits are not considered.

======

60 "John Wesley Harding" - Bob Dylan (1967)

220px-Bob_Dylan_-_John_Wesley_Harding.jpg

Charts / Honors:
(1968) Billboard Top LP's #2 / Cashbox Album Chart #2

Listed: Robert Christgau's "Basic Record Library" of 1950s and 1960s
#301 on Rolling Stone magazine ~ 500 greatest albums of all time

Tracks...

Side one

1. "John Wesley Harding" 2:58
2. "As I Went Out One Morning" 2:49
3. "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine" 3:53
4. "All Along the Watchtower" 2:31
5. "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest" 5:35
6. "Drifter's Escape" 2:52

Side two

1. "Dear Landlord" 3:16
2. "I Am a Lonesome Hobo" 3:19
3. "I Pity the Poor Immigrant" 4:12
4. "The Wicked Messenger" 2:02
5. "Down Along the Cove" 2:23
6. "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight"

"I dreamed I saw St. Augustine
Alive, with fiery breath
And I dreamed I was amongst the ones that put him out to death
Oh, I awoke in anger, so alone and terrified
I put my fingers against the glass
And bowed my head and cried."

St. Augustine is the Patron Saint of brewers, printers, theologians, and sore eyes
Augustine led many clergy under his authority to free their slaves "as an act of piety".
Augustine took the view that, if a literal interpretation contradicts science and our God-given
reason, the Biblical text should be interpreted metaphorically. While each passage of Scripture
has a literal sense, this "literal sense" does not always mean that the Scriptures are mere
history; at times they are rather an extended metaphor.

===

59 "The Birds, the Bees & the Monkees" - The Monkees - (1968)

220px-The_Birds%2C_the_Bees_%26_the_Monkees_-_The_Monkees.jpg

Side 1

1. "Dream World" - 3:22
2. "Auntie's Municipal Court" - 4:05
3. "We Were Made for Each Other" - 2:25
4. "Tapioca Tundra" - 3:08
5. "Daydream Believer" - 3:00
6. "Writing Wrongs" - 5:08

Side 2

1. "I'll Be Back Up on My Feet" - 2:26
2. "The Poster" - 2:21
3. "P.O. Box 9847" - 3:16
4. "Magnolia Simms" - 3:48
5. "Valleri" - 2:15
6. "Zor and Zam" - 2:10

Charts / Honors:
Album Billboard 200 #3

Billboard Hot 100 (singles)
"Daydream Believer" #1
"Valleri" #3
"Tapioca Tundra" #34

Singles...
A side / B side
Daydream Believer / Goin' Down
Valleri / Tapioca Tundra

notes:

Trivia _ Nesmith mother invented Liquid Paper correction fluid
Micky was TV circus boy 1956~1958 w/ reruns Saturday A.M. '59 ~ '60
150px-Micky_Dolenz_Braddock_Circus_Boy_1958.JPG

Peter Tork died 2019 @ (77)
Micky Dolenz (74)
Michael Nesmith (76)
Davy Jones died 2012 @ (66)

===

58 "Funny Girl" Soundtrack (1968) ~ from the film

220px-FunnyGirlsdtrkcover.jpg

Tracks...

1."Overture" – (4:00)
2."I'm the Greatest Star" – (4:06)
3."If a Girl Isn't Pretty" – (2:26)
4."Roller Skate Rag" – (2:01)
5."I'd Rather Be Blue Over You ~ Than Be Happy With Somebody Else" – (2:38)

6."His Love Makes Me Beautiful" – (5:39)
7."People" – (5:01)
8."You are Woman, I am Man" – (4:23)
9."Don't Rain on My Parade" – (2:45)
10."Sadie, Sadie" – (4:19)
11."The Swan" – (2:51)
12."Funny Girl" – (2:43)
13."My Man" – (2:12)
14."Finale" – (2:20)

Charts / Honors:
1968 US Billboard 200 #12

Year-end charts
Chart (1969)
US Cash Box 10

"I'd Rather Be Blue" #19 (Easy Listening)
"People" #1 (Adult Contemporary)
~ (1998) Grammy Hall of Fame.
~ (2004) #13 ~ AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs in American cinema
"Don't Rain on My Parade" (not released as a single)
~ (2004) #46 ~ AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs in American cinema

Singles...
A side / B side
"I'd Rather Be Blue" / "If You Want The Rainbow (You Must Have The Rain)"
"People" / "I Am Woman"

In 2016, Funny Girl was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the
United States Library of Congress, and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

1964Soundtrack Cast Album (from Broadway)

Funny_Girl_%28Original_Broadway_Cast_Recording%29.jpg

Tracks
1. "Overture" - 4:03
2. "If a Girl Isn't Pretty" - 2:16
3. "I'm the Greatest Star"- 4:00
4. "Cornet Man - 3:52
5. "Who Taught Her Everything?" - 3:05
6. "His Love Makes Me Beautiful" - 3:20
7. "I Want to Be Seen With You Tonight" - 1:55
8. "Henry Street" - 1:53
9. "People" - 3:25
10. "You Are Woman, I Am Man" - 3:48
11. "Don't Rain on My Parade" - 2:44

1. "Sadie, Sadie" - 3:32
2. "Find Yourself a Man" - 2:00
3. "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat" - 3:22
4. "Who Are You Now?" - 2:49
5. "The Music That Makes Me Dance" - 3:52
6. "Don't Rain on My Parade (Reprise)" - 2:05

Charts / Honors:
1964 US Billboard 200 #2
1964 Grammy for Best Score From an Original Cast Show Album
2004 Grammy Hall of Fame

notes: The film soundtrack was listed in the book , I included the Broadway
album because it paved the way and led to the success of the film and
the chart performance of the singles.

===

57 "Waiting for the Sun" - The Doors (1968)

220px-The_Doors_-_Waiting_for_the_Sun.jpg

Tracks.

Side A

1. "Hello, I Love You" 2:14
2. "Love Street" 2:53
3. "Not to Touch the Earth" 3:56
4. "Summer's Almost Gone" 3:22
5. "Wintertime Love" 1:54
6. "The Unknown Soldier" 3:22

Side B

1. "Spanish Caravan" 3:03
2. "My Wild Love" 3:01
3. "We Could Be So Good Together" 2:26
4. "Yes, the River Knows" 2:36
5. "Five to One" 4:26

Charts / Honors:
1968 Billboard 200 #1

1968 "The Unknown Soldier" Billboard Hot 100 #39
1968 "The Unknown Soldier" Billboard Hot 100 #1

Singles...
A side / B side
1968 "The Unknown Soldier" / "We Could Be So Good Together"
1968 "Hello, I Love You" / "Love Street"

notes: This album also had a monophonic pressing, and is considered rare in this format.

===

56 "Romeo and Juliet" - Soundtrack (1968)

220px-Romeo_and_Juliet_1968_soundtrack_cover.jpg

Tracks:

Side One
1. "Prologue" 2:46
2. "What Is a Youth" 7:24
3. "The Balcony Scene" 9:26

Side Two
1. "Romeo & Juliet Are Wed" 3:00
2. "The Death Of Mercutio And Tybalt" 3:35
3. "Farewell Love Scene" 4:21
4. "The Likeness Of Death" 2:36
5. "In Capulet's Tomb" 7:22
6. "All Are Punished" 2:07

No actual singles were released from the album

Henry Mancini issued an arrangment of "What Is a Youth" as "Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet",
(AKA) "A Time for Us". this version: Billboard Hot 100 #1 & Easy listening #1.
(This was Mancini's only #1 hit)

Mancini...

===

====
*** Famous Bulldogs & Famous Buckeyes ***

Kenny Peterson

Canton McKinley H.S.
Ohio State University

Peterson played high school football at McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio, where he was a
teammate of Mike Doss. While there he helped his team win the Ohio Division I title in 1997.
During his senior year, he was honored as an All-American after posting 101 tackles and 15 sacks.
Peterson was also a star basketball player.

College career...
Peterson played college football at Ohio State. During his senior season, he was honored with
second-team All-Big Ten Conference and helped his team win the BCS National Championship Game.
He finished his college career with 84 tackles, 12 sacks, one interception, and three forced
fumbles.

Professionally: he played for Green Bay Packers & Denver Broncos

---

SF

Last edited:
====
*** Famous Bulldogs & Famous Buckeyes ***

Kenny Peterson

Canton McKinley H.S.
Ohio State University

Peterson played high school football at McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio, where he was a
teammate of Mike Doss. While there he helped his team win the Ohio Division I title in 1997.
During his senior year, he was honored as an All-American after posting 101 tackles and 15 sacks.
Peterson was also a star basketball player.

College career...
Peterson played college football at Ohio State. During his senior season, he was honored with
second-team All-Big Ten Conference and helped his team win the BCS National Championship Game.
He finished his college career with 84 tackles, 12 sacks, one interception, and three forced
fumbles.

Professionally: he played for Green Bay Packers & Denver Broncos

---

SF

IIRC, Kenny is the current franchisee of the Nothing Bundt Cakes location in the Belden Village area.

Diva - Carman Crew (Diebler and Craft's team) plays tonight (Thursday) at 7:00 on ESPN.

I note that this is the three-year anniversary of a handful of us transitioning from The Huddle to Yappi. Close to 600,000 views - not bad considering our decrepitness.

Bevo - Thanks for the heads-up about the Carmen Crew and our anniversary. Happy Anniversary to all the AARPsters, old and new, for years of longevity. It's amazing that we have continued on this thread for almost 18 years with next to no problems. It's a real tribute to everyone who has posted and accepted others' opinions respectfully. In this day and age, that is remarkable. Below is some info from August 1, 2016.

"Most of you are already familiar with this information, but the "Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva" thread originated in December, 2001. Approximately 9700 posts were made before J.J. Huddle switched over to its new format in November, 2009. Since that time,approximately 2900 posts have been made. That would add up to over 12,600 posts since 2001. The AARP thread has been one of "The Huddle's" longest continuously running discussion threads."

With 7,557 posts since August 1, 2016, we are up to over 20,000 total posts (J.J. Huddle and Yappi). All I can say is let's "keep the ballin'" and kudos to all. ?

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
It's hard to believe it's already been 3 years since we started on Yappi. My how times fly when you're among friends. ?

Although I'm not one of the originals, I am glad to have been a small part of this all-welcoming team for several years now. You guys set a wonderful standard of behavior that is hard to match. It has been a pleasure!

Kudos to all of you. Give yourselves a hand! ??

Bevo - Thanks for the heads-up about the Carmen Crew and our anniversary. Happy Anniversary to all the AARPsters, old and new, for years of longevity. It's amazing that we have continued on this thread for almost 18 years with next to no problems. It's a real tribute to everyone who has posted and accepted others' opinions respectfully. In this day and age, that is remarkable. Below is some info from August 1, 2016.

"Most of you are already familiar with this information, but the "Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva" thread originated in December, 2001. Approximately 9700 posts were made before J.J. Huddle switched over to its new format in November, 2009. Since that time,approximately 2900 posts have been made. That would add up to over 12,600 posts since 2001. The AARP thread has been one of "The Huddle's" longest continuously running discussion threads."

With 7,557 posts since August 1, 2016, we are up to over 20,000 total posts (J.J. Huddle and Yappi). All I can say is let's "keep the ballin'" and kudos to all. ?

ROCK ON!
Carmen's Crew is on to the TBT semifinals after defeating last year's runner-up Eberlein Drive. Carmen's Crew will face the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal between new tournament entrant Loyalty is Love (led by GM DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins) and the 4x defending tournament champions Overseas Elite. On the other side of the bracket, the Golden Eagles (mostly Marquette Alumni) won their quarterfinal game against the Jackson TN Underdawgs tonight. The Golden Eagles will face the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal between Team Hines and Brother Love. 6 of the 8 quarterfinalists were #1 seeds in their respective regionals. Of the two non-#1 seeds, Brother Love was a #3 seed, and Jackson TN Underdawgs were a #8 seed.

Links to team profiles and rosters of the quarterfinalists:
Carmen's Crew: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/carmens-crew-ohio-state-alumni
Eberlein Drive: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/eberlein-drive
Golden Eagles: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/golden-eagles-marquette-alumni
Jackson TN Underdawgs: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/jackson-tn-underdawgs
Overseas Elite: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/overseas-elite-0
Loyalty is Love: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/loyalty-love
Brother Love: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-brotherly-love
Team Hines: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-hines

Last edited:
Carmen's Crew is on to the TBT semifinals after defeating last year's runner-up Eberlein Drive. Carmen's Crew will face the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal between new tournament entrant Loyalty is Love (led by GM DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins) and the 4x defending tournament champions Overseas Elite. On the other side of the bracket, the Golden Eagles (mostly Marquette Alumni) won their quarterfinal game against the Jackson TN Underdawgs tonight. The Golden Eagles will face the winner of Friday night's quarterfinal between Team Hines and Brotherly Love. 6 of the 8 quarterfinalists were #1 seeds in their respective regionals. Of the two non-#1 seeds, Brotherly Love was a #3 seed, and Jackson TN Underdawgs were a #8 seed.

Links to team profiles and rosters of the quarterfinalists:
Carmen's Crew: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/carmens-crew-ohio-state-alumni
Eberlein Drive: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/eberlein-drive
Golden Eagles: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/golden-eagles-marquette-alumni
Jackson TN Underdawgs: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/jackson-tn-underdawgs
Overseas Elite: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/overseas-elite-0
Loyalty is Love: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/loyalty-love
Brotherly Love: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-brotherly-love
Team Hines: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-hines

Mr. Slippery - Thanks for the update and the rosters. It's much appreciated! ?

ROCK ON!

Because I am here and you are there...

For DIVA...

My favorite Bond theme:

Back from whence we came...
John Barry did a nice job capturing the timing and sound of Nippon in this piece.

:>---

I'll be back yesterday when I leave here tomorrow for
Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay (Hawaii). 3 days
there then State side.

SF

I'll be back yesterday when I leave here tomorrow for
Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay (Hawaii).

That pesky International Date Line. You never know what day it is. ;)

"Man with one watch always knows what time it is; man with two watches is never quite sure."
- ancient Chinese proverb (or something)

TBT is down to 4 teams:
4x defending champion Overseas Elite will play Carmen's Crew Sunday at Noon while Hines will play Golden Eagles Sunday at 2pm. The championship game is scheduled for Tuesday at 9pm.

Mr. Slippery - Thanks for the update! Overseas Elite will be tough for Carmen's Crew, but (thanks to your heads-up), I'll be watching. ?

ROCK ON!

Great ball game by Carmen's Crew in TBT by handing Overseas Elite its first-ever loss, 71-66. It's still fun to watch the former Buckeyes, especially Aaron Craft. David Lighty was great down the stretch and Jeff Gibbs (Otterbein) was really something. I had heard of Gibbs, but had never seen him play. At 6'2" and 39-years old, Gibbs is amazing. I didn't realize that he was an All-America player in both football and basketball while at Otterbein. Wishing the Crew the best of luck in the championship.

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
Two million clams on the line! Most of these guys are getting paid to play somewhere but I am sure the divided sum would be nice to receive!

I recall Thad saying that a statue should be placed outside the Schott in Lighty's honor and to recognize his contribution to the program. I always liked how Dave L. played.

Some may recall that D.L had a slight problem regarding a BB gun before landing at OSU. Also, wasn't Dave the least ballyhooed of the Oden, Conley, Cook class?

Seems as though Dave stayed five years and had a medical red shirt year due to a leg injury.
Really matured and was a great leader by the end of his time as a Buckeye.

I could watch Craft play all day. As I discussed at that time, I had John and Wendy Craft (parents) in class several times when I was at Hopewell-Loudon.

(I always thought the Cavs could have used Craft to play D on Curry or Thompson. and J. Diebler... .)

Thanks for the info, Bevo.

My, how time flies! I don't know any of you to see you (except Bevo, and I don't think he would know me), but I feel like I've known you gentlemen for a long time.

I love Japanese traditional music. So peaceful. I would love to go there someday.

I was doing laundry this weekend and listening to some of my cassette tapes I've put together over the years - an odd collection of personal favorites of mine - and I forgot I had put "Japanese Banana" by Alvin & The Chipmunks on there, complete with a shamisen playing notes found only on the black keys of a piano. Not sure if I'd call it peaceful, but it is a change of pace.

Even stranger, I had followed that with their old Saturday morning cartoon theme song, in which inventor Clyde Crashcup makes a couple of spoken appearances. I must have bought that record at a thrift store or something.

Great ball game by Carmen's Crew in TBT by handing Overseas Elite its first-ever loss, 71-66. It's still fun to watch the former Buckeyes, especially Aaron Craft. David Lighty was great down the stretch and Jeff Gibbs (Otterbein) was really something. I had heard of Gibbs, but had never seen him play. At 6'2" and 39-years old, Gibbs is amazing. I didn't realize that he was an All-America player in both football and basketball while at Otterbein. Wishing the Crew the best of luck in the championship.

ROCK ON!

Dang, I keep forgetting these are on. Somebody remind me to watch Tuesday night!!!!!!!

Diva - put on your massage music tomorrow night and watch Carmen's Crew in the championship game. It's on at 9:00 (don't know if that's 8:00 here).

Also, if you go to Cleveland.com and scroll to the Sports' section there is a great picture of the team featuring our Northwestern Ohio guys. John was one of four double digit scorers yesterday. And, speaking of Dave Lighty, David played a great game and led the Crew to victory. Craft had seven steals.

Another side note: when the tourney started at Capital, ThadM. was courtside and was interviewed. He said he was there to see his guys and would not rule out coaching again. Thad left OSU with a very gold plated parachute and is apparently itching to get back into things.
By comparison, former coach, Jim O'brien, (who I also thought did a great job - prior circumstances not withstanding) was coaching at a D 3 or NAIA school, I believe around Boston or in the New England area. Clean up on any of this.

Diva - put on your massage music tomorrow night and watch Carmen's Crew in the championship game. It's on at 9:00 (don't know if that's 8:00 here).

Also, if you go to Cleveland.com and scroll to the Sports' section there is a great picture of the team featuring our Northwestern Ohio guys. John was one of four double digit scorers yesterday. And, speaking of Dave Lighty, David played a great game and led the Crew to victory. Craft had seven steals.

Another side note: when the tourney started at Capital, ThadM. was courtside and was interviewed. He said he was there to see his guys and would not rule out coaching again. Thad left OSU with a very gold plated parachute and is apparently itching to get back into things.
By comparison, former coach, Jim O'brien, (who I also thought did a great job - prior circumstances not withstanding) was coaching at a D 3 or NAIA school, I believe around Boston or in the New England area. Clean up on any of this.

Carmen's Crew will play Golden Eagles (mostly ex-Marquette players). The game is on Tuesday at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central on ESPN.

Dang, I keep forgetting these are on. Somebody remind me to watch Tuesday night!!!!!!!

Don't forget to watch Tuesday night! :p

Our neighborhood's "night out" runs from 7:30 to 9:00 (in the park across the street) so this event will fit into the schedule nicely.

Thanks for keeping us posted, guys.

For those following along - Carman Crew plays tonight at 9:00 on ESPN.

Also, happy belated (yesterday) birthday to Maureen McCormick. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia turned 63 yesterday. I leaned in on Florence a bit more but hey, Mo was no slouch, either. ;)

Diva, OWK, JB and others - good pictures of John Diebler and Aron Craft in Upper's paper last night. Paper is The Daily Chief Union; a.k.a., "The Chief".

If you are around my age or older, you probably "passed" The Chief as a kid - I did.

Last edited:
My sons both earned good money delivering The Chief for years.

Jon Diebler hurt his fingers! He's played with a broken nose, though. He'll adjust.

After the game: I won't say who won in case some haven't seen it. It was nice watching the OSU guys play again.

Last edited: