Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

14. Suzy Q - CCR
24. Mony, Mony - Tommy James and the Shondells

Sorry for the late entry - I work 3rd shift so this is like 9 AM for me:(

Great to see 80greyhound working the night shift and working it well. He is correct on both of his answers.

I remember reading that "Mony, Mony" was inspired by a Mutual of New York sign (M.O.N.Y) in New York City:

80greyhound's correct answers have been added to the update on Post #7497.

ROCK ON!

"JB" - Even though I mentioned that this trivia quiz was "partially recycled", I knew I couldn't get anything past you. :) Obviously, you are correct on all four guesses. Also, your added comments are much appreciated. I didn't realize that Mary Hopkin had been discovered by Twiggy. Now "JB", here's a question for you. Did Blue Cheer get its name from the laundry detergent or a type of LSD? I know which way I would guess on this one. :)

The latest correct answers have been added to Post #7484 and an UPDATE appears on the following post.

ROCK ON!

OWK,

Blue Cheer took their name from the boys favorite type of LSD at that time. I had their album
"Vincebus Eruptus" at one time, but it was one of many over the years that somehow just never made it back home after a night of too much partying at someone's apartment and the album just mysteriously vanished. lol. I know that I've read where some rock historians consider Blue Cheer as
a primary originator of heavy metal as much as Black Sabbath was credited with. I remember reading somewhere that Blue Cheer was considered as one of the loudest bands ever. I think the decibel reading at one of their concerts supposedly the loudest ever heard at the time. That record has probably been broken by another group by now, I suppose ?

21: Hugo Monterago (sp)

~ Fun to watch The Spaghetti Western Orchestra do it.

:>---
SF
Workday here is done / FYI flew into Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni last night,be here 'til Friday.

Last edited:
From the tardy pair from Monclova (I blame her; she blames me; our marriage, will survive. ?? I hope! :eek:
13. People Got To Be Free -- Rascals
19. Spooky -- Classics IV
22. Indian Lake -- Cowsills
29. I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight -- Boyce and Hart

Great quiz, by the way!

Last edited:
23. "Little Green Apples" - O.C. Smith
25. "Grazing In The Grass" - Hugh Masekala
26. "Woman, Woman" - Gary Puckett and The Union Gap

27. Lol - was going to say Jerry Reed. Just heard "When You're Hot, You're Hot" the other day, and 27's title made me think of him.

Blue Cheer took their name from the boys favorite type of LSD at that time. I had their album
"Vincebus Eruptus" at one time, but it was one of many over the years that somehow just never made it back home after a night of too much partying at someone's apartment and the album just mysteriously vanished. lol. I know that I've read where some rock historians consider Blue Cheer as
a primary originator of heavy metal as much as Black Sabbath was credited with. I remember reading somewhere that Blue Cheer was considered as one of the loudest bands ever. I think the decibel reading at one of their concerts supposedly the loudest ever heard at the time. That record has probably been broken by another group by now, I suppose ?
"JB" - Thanks for confirming the fact that Blue Cheer was named for a type of LSD and not the laundry detergent. :) As usual, other good background information on the group...especially as one of the originators of heavy metal.

ohiopup, still travelling and now in Japan added:
#21 - Hugo Montenegro
~ Fun to watch The Spaghetti Western Orchestra do it.

The correct answers have been added to Post #7497.

ROCK ON!

Other additions by Mrs. & Mrs. Monclova Steve and Zunardo:

From the tardy pair from Monclova (I blame her; she blames me; our marriage, will survive. ?? I hope! :eek:
13. People Got To Be Free -- Rascals
19. Spooky -- Classics IV
22. Indian Lake -- Cowsills
29. I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight -- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart

23. "Little Green Apples" - O.C. Smith
25. "Grazing In The Grass" - Hugh Masekala
26. "Woman, Woman" - Gary Puckett and The Union Gap

27. Lol - was going to say Jerry Reed. Just heard "When You're Hot, You're Hot" the other day, and 27's title made me think of him.
Zunardo - Thanks for mentioning Jerry Reed. I enjoyed listening to him and watching him on TV

The above correct answers are reflected on Post #7497.

ROCK ON!

Below is the latest update. Diva is entitled to her FOUR GUESSES, but everyone else can feel free to add ONE MORE answer.

LATEST UPDATE - MUSIC (SONGS OF 1968) - Name the artist(s)

1. "Tighten Up", Archie Bell and the Drells (coldshoulder)
2. "Those Were The Days", Mary Hopkin ("JB")
3. "Summertime Blues", Blue Cheer ("JB")
4. "The Mighty Quinn", Manfred Mann (Bevo)
5. "Hurdy Gurdy Man", Donovan Leach (BlackHawk)
6. "Bottle Of Wine", The Fireballs ("JB")
7. "Nobody But Me", Human Beinz ("JB")
8. "Sky Pilot", Eric Burton and the Animals (BlackHawk)
9. "(You Keep Me) Hangin' On", Vanilla Fudge (Bevo)
10. "Sweet Inspiration", The Sweet Inspirations ("JB")
11. "Love Is Blue", Paul Mauriat (Bevo)
12. "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay", Otis Reading (BlackHawk)
13. "People Got To Be Free", The Rascals (Monclova Steve)
14. "Suzie Q.", Credence Clearwater Revival (80greyhound)
15. "This Guy's In Love With You", Herb Alpert (Bevo)
16. "Classical Gas", Mason Williams (ohiopup)
17. "Dance To The Music", Sly and The Family Stone (BlackHawk)
18. "The Horse", Cliff Nobles and Company (Bevo)
19. "Spooky", Classics IV (Monclova Steve)
20. "Angel Of The Morning", Merrilee Rush (Bevo)
21. "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly", Hugo Montenegro (ohiopup)
22. "Indian Lake", The Cowsills (Monclova Steve)
23. "Little Green Apples", O.C. Smith (Zunardo)
24. "Mony, Mony", Tommy James and The Shondells (80greyhound)
25. "Grazing In The Grass", Hugh Masekela (Zunardo)
26. "Woman, Woman", Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (Zunardo)
27. "Here Comes The Judge"UNANSWERED
28. "You're All I Need To Get By", Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell ("JB")
29. "I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight?", Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart (Monclova Steve)
30. "Theme From Valley of the Dolls", Dionne Warwick (Bevo)

Extra-Credit:

A. Who recorded the 1957 rendition of "Suzie Q" (#14)?
Dale Hawkins (Bevo)

B. The artist who recorded #16 was known for his work on what 1960's TV comedy show?
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hous (Bevo)

C. The artist who recorded #12 also composed a huge hit. Name that hit recording.
"Respect" (ohiopup)

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
10. "Sweet Inspiration" - Sweet Inspirations ( No I don't stutter )

These girls labored as background singers for some of the biggest artists of the time.Neil Diamond,
Aretha Franklin , Wison Pickett, and Dusty Springfield to name a few. Anyone who has seen the Elvis
comeback video from the late 60's likely saw these girls backing up The King during his Vegas gig and
not sure if they were on his famous Hawaii TV special or not. "Sweet Inspiration" was their only Top 40 hit as a group.

OWK, Can't believe someone hasn't answered #18 yet considering how much this song was in
discussions when we were doing those One Hit Wonders thread as well as the 1968 quiz.

Also curious on your response to # 27 when answered.

JB

JB - I have to wait my turn on 18 but I am not horsing around. Just trying to be Noble about it.

Yes, we beat that Horse to death and if I am not mistaken I gave you the worst clues in America and you nailed it!
I was just watching Joe Tex sing Skinny Legs on this small platform. Great stuff!

Also, as I mentioned I am a Cyndi Lauper fan and the Austin City Limits appearance is great. Especially like Girls Just Want To Have Fun (can't help it!!). She gives a nice little talk at the end on tolerance. I am all in on that kind of stuff.

Finally, saw that you saw "Once Upon A Time... ." Would "zeitgeist" be the right word, here? It had it.
Elementary analysis - Tarentino certainly lived up to his rep. at the end but didn't you also believe that he was slaughtering what the murders represented.
Felt the weight of the scene at the Spahn Ranch. For what it's worth in some new doc coming out Squeaky denies the sex part.

Brad and Leo were fighting against the times. I loved that Leo had that stanky hair do at the end (trying to fit in) and was also listening to the Royal Guardsmen (once again falling woefully short of being cool). And, it was nice that B.P. in this fairy tail was able to make up for a life that was not always lived real well by basically preventing the killing of the people and the times.

I liked Robbe in the theater watching herself on the screen and the little girl (Sarah Butters) telling Leo, "That was the best acting I've ever seen." I agree...Pitt too. Enjoyed the riding around parts a lot.

You are correct about the small touches. The production on this was mind - numbing. I want to see it again!

Interesting that the major complaint by the others is that it was too long. That was one of the reasons I liked it!

Last edited:
10. "Sweet Inspiration" - Sweet Inspirations ( No I don't stutter )

These girls labored as background singers for some of the biggest artists of the time.Neil Diamond,
Aretha Franklin , Wison Pickett, and Dusty Springfield to name a few. Anyone who has seen the Elvis
comeback video from the late 60's likely saw these girls backing up The King during his Vegas gig and
not sure if they were on his famous Hawaii TV special or not. "Sweet Inspiration" was their only Top 40 hit as a group.

OWK, Can't believe someone hasn't answered #18 yet considering how much this song was in
discussions when we were doing those One Hit Wonders thread as well as the 1968 quiz.

Also curious on your response to # 27 when answered.

JB

Yes "JB", Sweet Inspirations recorded #10 "Sweet Inspiration". I believe that group included some members of Dionne Warwick and Whitney Houston's family. Not sure the exact relationship.

I'm also surprised by nobody answering #18, but Bevo hasn't showed up this afternoon. :) Oops, I see that Bevo already answered #18 while I was responding. That was as easy to "predict" as the the sun rising in the east.

As for #27, I couldn't have answered it correctly. When I hear, "Here Comes the Judge", my memory goes back to "Laugh In" and Sammy Davis, Jr. (maybe even Flip Wilson).

Your correct answer has been added to Post #7510.

ROCK ON!

JB - I have to wait my turn on 18 but I am not horsing around. Just trying to be Noble about it.

Yes, we beat that Horse to death and if I am not mistaken I gave you the worst clues in America and you nailed it!
I was just watching Joe Tex sing Skinny Legs on this small platform. Great stuff!

Also, as I mentioned I am a Cyndi Lauper fan and the Austin City Limits appearance is great. Especially like Girls Just Want To Have Fun (can't help it!!). She gives a nice little talk at the end on tolerance. I am all in on that kind of stuff.

Finally, saw that you saw "Once Upon A Time... ." Would "zeitgeist" be the right word, here? It had it.
Elementary analysis - Tarentino certainly lived up to his rep. at the end but didn't you also believe that he was slaughtering what the murders represented.
Felt the weight of the scene at the Spahn Ranch. For what it's worth in some new doc coming out Squeaky denies the sex part.

Brad and Leo were fighting against the times. I loved that Leo had that stanky hair do at the end (trying to fit in) and was also listening to the Royal Guardsmen (once again falling woefully short of being cool). And, it was nice that B.P. in this fairy tail was able to make up for a life that was not always lived real well by basically preventing the killing of the people and the times.

I liked Robbe in the theater watching herself on the screen and the little girl (Sarah Butters) telling Leo, "That was the best acting I've ever seen." I agree...Pitt too. Enjioyed the riding around parts a lot.

You are correct about the small touches. The production on this was mind numbing. I want to see it again!

Bevo - Thanks for coming through. I just knew you would answer #18. "The Horse", Cliff Nobles and Company. That correct answer has been included on Post #7510.

ROCK ON!

We only have four unanswered questions. Let's try to finish this up. EVERYONE is permitted ONE MORE GUESS.

20. "Angel Of The Morning"
27. "Here Comes The Judge"
28. "You're All I Need To Get By"
Extra-Credit "C": The artist who recorded #12 also composed a huge hit. Name that hit recording.

ROCK ON!

Up and at 'em Atom Ant... it's Tuesday here.

If I'm correct... Here's two clues to bonus question 'C' in 1 sentence...

THINK about it, spelling is involved, and I don't mean A-B-C...1-2-3!

SF

In our attempt to close out this trivia quiz, Zunardo was incorrect on #20 with his guess of an artist named Sammi Smith or Sammi something".

ohiopup is way ahead of us since it's Tuesday where he's hanging out. His cryptic answer to Extra-Credit "C", "Respect" is correct. The correct answer has been added to Post #7510.

We still need to correctly identify the artists for the following songs to complete the quiz. Anyone can feel free to make guesses:

20. "Angel Of The Morning"

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
20. Marilou Rush (Is that even a real person?)

27. _____Brown

Bevo - Thanks for your answers. I'm sure there is someone named Marilou Rush and that's close enough to the correct answer of #20 Merrilee Rush. Sorry that I can't help you with #27. Merrilee Rush has been added to Post #7510.

We still need to correctly identify the artists for the following songs. No restrictions so anyone is eligible to answer.

ROCK ON!

28. "You're All I Need To Get By" - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell.

27. We discussed this answer previously during the One Hit Wonders quizzes and
maybe even the 1968 quiz, so I am disqualifying myself. However, I feel obligated to mention
this is a bit of a trick question. Hope you don't mind OWK if I provide a clue to help close the quiz out.

There are two correct answers to the question as two different "One Hit Wonders" each had a top 40 hit with the same song in the same month in 1968. A sure bar bet as very few would know this one and fewer would know there are two correct answers!

JB

28. "You're All I Need To Get By" - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell.

27. We discussed this answer previously during the One Hit Wonders quizzes and
maybe even the 1968 quiz, so I am disqualifying myself. However, I feel obligated to mention
this is a bit of a trick question. Hope you don't mind OWK if I provide a clue to help close the quiz out.

There are two correct answers to the question as two different "One Hit Wonders" each had a top 40 hit with the same song in the same month in 1968. A sure bar bet as very few would know this one and fewer would know there are two correct answers!

JB

Good job, "JB". Not only did you identify #28 "You're All I Need To Get By" (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell), but you made it clear that there are two correct answers to #27 "Here Comes The Judge".

As I previously mentioned, I immediately think of the TV show "Laugh In" when I hear the words "Here comes the judge". "JB", as usual, is way ahead of the curve on this question. If I were trying to answer #27, I could have named only the nickname of one of the two correct artists. This is a very tough question, so I hope someone answers it correctly to finish this quiz.

#27 "Here Comes The Judge" still needs to be correctly answered (there are two acceptable answers).

"JB's" correct answer for #28 has been reflected in Post #7510.

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
Well, it looks like this trivia quiz has run its course. The last remaining question (#27 "Here Comes The Judge") was a very difficult one. "JB" knew the answer, in fact both of them, but he chose to recuse himself. Here are the two answers to #27 that were acceptable: Shorty Long or David "Pigmeat" Markham. Actually, they were two different songs with the same title. Shorty Long's song reached #4 on the R&B charts and #8 on Billboard's Hot 100. "Pigmeat's" song was more popular in the UK.

A really good job by all in helping to complete this quiz. There was quite a bit of participation over the past few days. Good Job!

FINAL UPDATE MUSIC (SONGS OF 1968) - Name the artist(s)

1. "Tighten Up", Archie Bell and the Drells (coldshoulder)
2. "Those Were The Days", Mary Hopkin ("JB")
3. "Summertime Blues", Blue Cheer ("JB")
4. "The Mighty Quinn", Manfred Mann (Bevo)
5. "Hurdy Gurdy Man", Donovan Leach (BlackHawk)
6. "Bottle Of Wine", The Fireballs ("JB")
7. "Nobody But Me", Human Beinz ("JB")
8. "Sky Pilot", Eric Burton and the Animals (BlackHawk)
9. "(You Keep Me) Hangin' On", Vanilla Fudge (Bevo)
10. "Sweet Inspiration", The Sweet Inspirations ("JB")
11. "Love Is Blue", Paul Mauriat (Bevo)
12. "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay", Otis Reading (BlackHawk)
13. "People Got To Be Free", The Rascals (Monclova Steve)
14. "Suzie Q.", Credence Clearwater Revival (80greyhound)
15. "This Guy's In Love With You", Herb Alpert (Bevo)
16. "Classical Gas", Mason Williams (ohiopup)
17. "Dance To The Music", Sly and The Family Stone (BlackHawk)
18. "The Horse", Cliff Nobles and Company (Bevo)
19. "Spooky", Classics IV (Monclova Steve)
20. "Angel Of The Morning", Merrilee Rush (Bevo)
21. "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly", Hugo Montenegro (ohiopup)
22. "Indian Lake", The Cowsills (Monclova Steve)
23. "Little Green Apples", O.C. Smith (Zunardo)
24. "Mony, Mony", Tommy James and The Shondells (80greyhound)
25. "Grazing In The Grass", Hugh Masekela (Zunardo)
26. "Woman, Woman", Gary Puckett and the Union Gap (Zunardo)
27. "Here Comes The Judge", Shorty Long or Pigmeat Markham (UNANSWERED)
28. "You're All I Need To Get By", Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell ("JB")
29. "I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight?", Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart (Monclova Steve)
30. "Theme From Valley of the Dolls", Dionne Warwick (Bevo)

Extra-Credit:

A. Who recorded the 1957 rendition of "Suzie Q" (#14)? Dale Hawkins (Bevo)
B. The artist who recorded #16 was known for his work on what 1960's TV comedy show? The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (Bevo)
C. The artist who recorded #12 also composed a huge hit. Name that hit recording. "Respect" (ohiopup)

ROCK ON!

Last edited:
Because I'm here and the rest of you
(Diva / Doubledribble / AARP Boys / ...etal...) are there!

Sukiyaki ~ from the early '60s
peaked @ #8 (1963)

Interesting background...

English translation from the Japanese ~"I Look Up As I Walk", alternatively titled "Sukiyaki"...
Sukiyaki refers to a Japanese hot-pot dish with cooked beef, does not appear in the song's
lyrics, nor does it have any connection to them; it was used only because it was short, catchy,
recognizably Japanese, and more familiar to English speakers. A Newsweek columnist noted that
the re-titling was like issuing "Moon River" in Japan under the title "Beef Stew".

Same tune but changed the lyrics...

---

That's all folks!

SF

Sukiyaki and A Taste Of Honey remind me of being 11-14 and being in love with some extremely cute and friendly adolescent female.
All of us are looking at 70 now!