Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva

10 John Fraley - Georgia. This being a SW Ohio based site I thought this
Middletown Middie guy would have been answered by now.

EC-B - Bill Cofield - Wisconsin

EC-C - Jessi ( Don't call her Lisa ) Colter was the lucky lady who was married to Duane Eddy and Waylon Jennings, but not at the same time.

JB

Good work, 80greyhound! Both of your answers are correct and I've included them on the 10:34 pm update.

Since you mentioned Lou Christie, here are a couple of interesting facts about him:
.....1. Christie's real name is Lugee Alfredo Giovanni Sacco
.....2. Lugee/Lou Christie is from the same area of Pittsburgh (Moon Twp.) as UK basketball coach, John Calipari.

Don't want to nit-pick on the first night of the AARP Boys Trivia Quiz, but Lou Christie did not sing "Yellow River".. Yellow River was a hit for the English rock trio "Christie". Lou Christie of "Two Faces Have I" and "Lightin' Strikes" fame was a solo act from Pennsylvania.

JB

EC-C - Jessi ( Don't call her Lisa ) Colter was the lucky lady who was married to Duane Eddy and Waylon Jennings, but not at the same time.

JB

JB - Good to see you on the new thread. As is usually the case, you are absolutely correct with:
10. John Fraley, Georgia (transferred from Cincinnati)
EC "B" - Bill Cofield, Wisconsin (1976-77 to 1981-82)
EC "C" - Jessi Colter

Here's an update. Also, everyone may have THREE more guesses, but please, NO GOOGLING:

HOOPS - Players from the early 1970s - name the college they represented:

1. Jimmy Collins - New Mexico State (Bevo)
2. Bubba Jones, UNANSWERED
3. "Corky" Calhoun - Pennsylvania (coldshoulder)
4. M.L. Carr, Guilford (NC) College (MontetheCarlo)
5. Reggie Royals, UNANSWERED
6. Richie Fuqua, Oral Roberts (Bevo)
7. Mike D'Antoni, Marshall (kent16)
8. Mike Bantom, St. Joseph's (Monclova Steve)
9. Leonard Gray, Tennessee State is incorrect
10. John Fraley, Georgia (JB)

Extra-Credit (Hoops):[/I][/B]
A. What famous musician, born in Cleveland's "Little Italy" section was Digger Phelps' former father-in-law?
UNANSWERED
B. Who was the first African-American head basketball coach in the Big Ten?
Bill Cofield, Wisconsin (JB)

MUSIC - One-Hit Wonders from the early 1970s - name the recording artist(s):

11. "Indiana Wants Me", R. Dean Taylor (Mr. Slippery)
12. "Rose Garden", Lynn Anderson (Zunardo)
13. "In the Summertime", Mungo Jerry (coldshoulder)
14. "Lay a Little Lovin' On Me", UNANSWERED
15. "Yellow River", Christie (JB)
16. "Mr. Big Stuff", UNANSWERED
17. "Gone", UNANSWERED
19. "Lovin' You", Minnie Ripperton (80greyhound)
20. "Rock On", David Essex (Zunardo)

Extra-Credit (Music):

C. I had a one-hit wonder in the 1970s. I was also married to two music legends (Duane Eddy and Waylon Jennings). Who Am I?
Jessi Colter (JB)
D. Currently, I have my own TV show, but my late mother was the artist who recorded #19. Who Am I?
Maya Rudolph (Zunardo)

Keep the Ball Rollin'

Last edited:
Don't want to nit-pick on the first night of the AARP Boys Trivia Quiz, but Lou Christie did not sing "Yellow River".. Yellow River was a hit for the English rock trio "Christie". Lou Christie of "Two Faces Have I" and "Lightin' Strikes" fame was a solo act from Pennsylvania.

JB

JB - You are not nit-picking at all. I'm 100% wrong and thanks for catching my error. I think that I was so anxious to post some trivia about LOU Christie that I just messed it up. As a result, I'll change the answer on the update and thanks again for the correction. I corrected the last update and here's the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGoHQ7c5I2I

My bad, Auggie! I corrected the spelling above. You'd think that I'd be able to spell a guy's name correctly who lived in Maple Hts. and was a legend and roamed the sidelines for Benedictine for five decades.

As for Bill Walton, yes, he loved hoops and The Grateful Dead (and probably some other artificial enhancers). He's really something while announcing a game. You have absolutely no way of even guessing in which direction he'll go.

[vine]iZT9m7x0DFz[/vine]

JB

This is a NEO based site.

Frank Underwood - Thanks for the video of Bill Walton. So he majored in biology on sorority row, huh? He's definitely one of a kind! Also, thanks for the info on Yappi being a NEO-based site. Over the years, some of the threads have been monopolized by posters from a certain area. That, of course, is to be expected.

coldshoulder - You are getting closer on Leonard Gray with your guess of San Diego State, but you're still about 100 miles away. :)

Zunardo - You are correct on #16. It was Jean Knight who recorded "Mr. Big Shot".

JB - You seem to know Frank Underwood, so see what you can do to find his wife, Claire. I think Robin Wright would be welcomed on this thread (as least by Bevo).

Here's the latest update and from here on out, you may make unlimited guesses (but still NO Googling):

2. Bubba Jones, Ashland College (Bevo)
5. Reggie Royals, UNANSWERED
9. Leonard Gray, Long Beach State (coldshoulder)

Extra-Credit (Hoops):

A. What famous musician, born in Cleveland's "Little Italy" section was Digger Phelps' former father-in-law?
UNANSWERED

14. "Lay a Little Lovin' On Me", UNANSWERED
16. "Mr. Big Stuff", Jean Knight (Zunardo)
17. "Gone", UNANSWERED

Extra-Credit (Music):

C. I had a one-hit wonder in the 1970s. I was also married to two music legends (Duane Eddy and Waylon Jennings). Who Am I?
Jessi Colter (JB)
D. Currently, I have my own TV show, but my late mother was the artist who recorded #19. Who Am I?
Maya Rudolph (Zunardo)

"ROCK ON"

Last edited:
OWK,

You never cease to amaze. . . .Claire Underwood certainly qualifies for "hottie"status on the Bevo rating scale in my opinion. Now, that's what a First Lady should look like !

I have always found it hard to believe that a guy like surfer-dude, Jeff Spicoli aka Sean Penn could end up married to both Madonna and Robin Wright, only in America as they say . Next thing you know he will be adding Jessi Colter to his list of ex's. Lol.

JB

OWK,
You never cease to amaze. . . .Claire Underwood certainly qualifies for "hottie"status on the Bevo rating scale in my opinion. Now, that's what a First Lady should look like !

I have always found it hard to believe that a guy like surfer-dude, Jeff Spicoli aka Sean Penn could end up married to both Madonna and Robin Wright, only in America as they say . Next thing you know he will be adding Jessi Colter to his list of ex's. Lol.
JB

JB - You are "spot on"...only in America. :) I have an APB out for Bevo. When "hotties" are discussed, Bevo's not far behind.

QUESTION: Can someone help me out? As you can see from the last update, some of the words are printed in purple (a link). What is the secret to typing a name without a link automatically being "tied" to a particular word? I've tried "un-doing" the links in the settings, but I'm not having much success.

Thanks!

QUESTION: Can someone help me out? As you can see from the last update, some of the words are printed in purple (a link). What is the secret to typing a name without a link automatically being "tied" to a particular word? I've tried "un-doing" the links in the settings, but I'm not having much success.

Thanks!

I've always just ignored those. Does it hamper your "yappi experience" in some way ?

2. Was Bubba Jones an Ashland Eagle? Did he play for Musselman?

Shoot, I thought it was still Robin Penn Wright.

"Aloha, Mr. Hand." "Aloha, Spicola."

Thanks!

Huh,?

OWK, You may have to defer to Roy G Biv on this one. I'm not seeing the
purple link. . . maybe it's just leftover from a weeklong tribute to Prince earlier this year ?? Seriously, I don't see the purple words you refer to.

JB

I've always just ignored those. Does it hamper your "yappi experience" in some way ?

cabezadecaballo - No, it doesn't hamper anything for me. I just thought it might be annoying for readers of my posts. I tried adblocks! If it works fine, if not...no problem!

Thanks!

coldshoulder - You are getting closer on Leonard Gray with your guess of San Diego State, but you're still about 100 miles away.

Aha!

How 'bout.... Long Beach State ?

Huh,?
OWK, You may have to defer to Roy G Biv on this one. I'm not seeing the
purple link. . . maybe it's just leftover from a weeklong tribute to Prince earlier this year ?? Seriously, I don't see the purple words you refer to.
JB

The adblocks might have worked. Either way, we're OK.

It looks like we have a couple of winners:

Bevo is correct on identifying #2 Bubba Jones as a member of those Bill Musselman teams from Ashland College

coldshoulder
narrowed down his choices for #9 Leonard Gray and is correct in placing him at Long Beach State.

Both of the above correct answers have been added to the latest update list.

Last edited:
We still have the following four questions to answer correctly to finish this trivia quiz:

HOOPS
5. Reggie Royals
EC-"A" - What famous musician, born in Cleveland's "Little Italy" section was Digger Phelps' former father-in-law?

MUSIC
14. "Lay a Little Lovin' On Me"
17. "Gone"

"ROCK ON"

Last edited:
It seems as if we've hit a bit of a speed bump, so here are some hints:

HOOPS
5. Reggie Royals
Played for a school that along with UC, Memphis State, Tulane, Louisville, Georgia Tech and Saint Louis, was a charter member of the Metro Conference.
EC-"A" - What famous musician, born in Cleveland's "Little Italy" section was Digger Phelps' former father-in-law?
He wrote the themes for many movies; won four Academy Awards and 20 Grammy Awards. If you're feeling lucky, take a shot in the dark.

MUSIC
14. "Lay a Little Lovin' On Me"
This artist originally played with a group known as Robin and the Hoods.
17. "Gone"
The original of this song was done in the late '50s by Ferlin Husky. This rendition was performed by an artist who was once married to #19 of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Keep the Ball Rollin'"

5. Reggie Royals - Florida State. He arrived on the scene right after one of my favorite players, Dave Cowens headed for the NBA

14." Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" Robin McNamara. Wow, OWK this is one of the
most obscure one hit wonders ever.

17 "Gone" Joey Heatherton. This question must have certainly been intended for Bevo. As a recording artist Joey should have stuck to selling
mattresses.

Re: # Extra Credit question A, I think Digger Phelps may be the only person to know the answer to that gem !

JB

OWK,

Now that you have given the clue for Extra Credit Question A, I think I have the answer, but have used my allotment of 3 questions for the day so will defer.

That was a great question and without the clue never would have gotten the answer.

JB

5. Reggie Royals - Florida State. He arrived on the scene right after one of my favorite players, Dave Cowens headed for the NBA
14." Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" Robin McNamara. Wow, OWK this is one of the
most obscure one hit wonders ever.

17 "Gone" Joey Heatherton. This question must have certainly been intended for Bevo. As a recording artist Joey should have stuck to selling
mattresses.

Re: # Extra Credit question A, I think Digger Phelps may be the only person to know the answer to that gem !
JB

JB - I'm not 100% sure that you needed the hints to answer these questions, but I guess that's a moot point.

You are correct on all of your answers and, like you suggested, let's wait a bit on EC "A".

5. Reggie Royals - Florida State. This 6'10" center, who played right after Newport (KY) native Dave Cowens, passed away a few years ago.

14." Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" Robin McNamara. Yes, this was a super hard question, maybe too hard.

17 "Gone" Joey Heatherton. You're right that Bevo would be all over this one, whether it be mattresses or ACE Hardware.

We still need to identify the correct answer to Extra-Credit "A":
HINT: He wrote the themes for many movies; won four Academy Awards and 20 Grammy Awards. If you're feeling lucky, take a shot in the dark.

ROCK ON!

Here's the latest update, with only one question (EC "A") that needs to be answered correctly:

2. Bubba Jones, Ashland College (Bevo)
5. Reggie Royals, Florida State (JB)
9. Leonard Gray, Long Beach State (coldshoulder)

Extra-Credit (Hoops):

HINT: He wrote the themes for many movies; won four Academy Awards and 20 Grammy Awards. If you're feeling lucky, take a shot in the dark.

14. "Lay a Little Lovin' On Me", Robin McNamara (JB)
16. "Mr. Big Stuff", Jean Knight (Zunardo)
17. "Gone", Joey Heatherton (JB)

Extra-Credit (Music):

Jessi Colter (JB)

Maya Rudolph (Zunardo)

"ROCK ON"

Last edited: