Double Header at TQL Stadium

Vincent and Regina

So I was able to figure out that the Elder/CovCath game is going to be at TQL Stadium. TQL is home to FC Cincinnati. I have confirmed this by using arbiter where the games is listed for both teams at TQL.

Both teams list the game as a 5PM kickoff. Figuring it is a Friday night and most HS games take about 2.5 hours. They probably are going to have a second game at about 8pm.

I have thought that it would be the Lakota East/Moeller game, but it list that game as being at Lakota East.
I then thought it would be X/Lakota West, but that game is listed for X.
Colerain vs LaSalle is listed at LaSalle.
I then look at Sycamore, Princeton, Fairfield, Mason, Hamilton, Middletown, Oak Hills, Turpin, West Clermont, Anderson, Walnut Hills, West Hi, and Milford and none list the game at TQL.

The Crosstown Showdown just updated their facebook page to show Showdown XIV. Which If I am doing my roman numerals correct that is 14. The event started in 1998 so it should be the 24th event. Making it XXIV. Could an announcement be coming about games at TQL?

The Crosstown Showdown just updated their facebook page to show Showdown XIV. Which If I am doing my roman numerals correct that is 14. The event started in 1998 so it should be the 24th event. Making it XXIV. Could an announcement be coming about games at TQL?

I heard this is a no go anymore. I am not exactly sure why TQL couldn't host that night, but X/West at X and Elder/Cov Cath at Elder now.

So I was able to figure out that the Elder/CovCath game is going to be at TQL Stadium. TQL is home to FC Cincinnati. I have confirmed this by using arbiter where the games is listed for both teams at TQL.

Both teams list the game as a 5PM kickoff. Figuring it is a Friday night and most HS games take about 2.5 hours. They probably are going to have a second game at about 8pm.

I have thought that it would be the Lakota East/Moeller game, but it list that game as being at Lakota East.
I then look at Sycamore, Princeton, Fairfield, Mason, Hamilton, Middletown, Oak Hills, Turpin, West Clermont, Anderson, Walnut Hills, West Hi, and Milford and none list the game at TQL.
Not sure what’s up here but Both schedule links you posted now say 7pm at The Pit??

Maybe Elder could be the first Cincinnati team to get a Win at TQL stadiu.

Why I am confused his post says TQL but Links say Elder. I also know V&R is usually in the know and does his homework.
Well when I posted the link two weeks ago, It said TQL. It does say Elder now. So do I get half credit?

Elder came out with their season ticket package and CovCath was not part of that. Elder also has not sent out an update. Back in the day when the Showdown was at UC, that game usually came in the season ticket package. The Showdown has lost it luster.

Well when I posted the link two weeks ago, It said TQL. It does say Elder now. So do I get half credit?

Elder came out with their season ticket package and CovCath was not part of that. Elder also has not sent out an update. Back in the day when the Showdown was at UC, that game usually came in the season ticket package. The Showdown has lost it luster.
You get all the credit! I was confused after reading the Arbiter live. Don’t blame you one bit for going with Elder info over arbiter.

Can't wait

The games are not being played at TQL. It sounds like TQL is willing to host games in the future, but doesn't look like this year.

Elder vs. Covington Catholic(KY) at Elder
St. Xavier vs. Lakota West at St. Xavier

X/LW being the bigger game.

This. Probably allows nothing but soccer on the grass for several months before the game is played.
Yeah pro soccer typically aims for a grass that is fairway quality essentially. There is no sport that rips up grass the way football does. A lot of that in all honesty is because football starts every play from around the center of the field, so you're piling everyone into the same locations wear and tear the field down

The games are not being played at TQL. It sounds like TQL is willing to host games in the future, but doesn't look like this year.

Elder vs. Covington Catholic(KY) at Elder
St. Xavier vs. Lakota West at St. Xavier

X/LW being the bigger game.
Hmmm.

By moving the game to Elder doesn't that affect someone round here's ability to attend the game?!?!?!?!

That is just as weak as Mike Brown not wanting Marching Bands at the first game at PBS.
While I don't disagree with you, if you present a stadium owner the opportunity to host an event at which they can charge literally any price they want, they'll withdraw their invitation to high school teams no matter how bad it makes them look.

While I don't disagree with you, if you present a stadium owner the opportunity to host an event at which they can charge literally any price they want, they'll withdraw their invitation to high school teams no matter how bad it makes them look.
I agree with you, but I do not water my grass, I do not fertilize my grass, I do nothing to my grass. I still have to cut it every week. I usually do my last cut sometime in November. 83 days happen between when the game would have been played and this fancy soccer game. That is almost 12 weeks. I will say it again, that is weak on FCC part. Granted it is their stadium and they can do what they want with it, but this doesn't look good to the people who know what happened.

I agree with you, but I do not water my grass, I do not fertilize my grass, I do nothing to my grass. I still have to cut it every week. I usually do my last cut sometime in November. 83 days happen between when the game would have been played and this fancy soccer game. That is almost 12 weeks. I will say it again, that is weak on FCC part. Granted it is their stadium and they can do what they want with it, but this doesn't look good to the people who know what happened.
The grass in our yards and the grass for a “high level” soccer match are not really fair comparisons. Definitely agree this is not a good look for FCC to the people that know how this really went down.

Restrictions on golf courses are very common before hosting major tournaments. Imagine being a member at an incredibly expensive country club and then being told you can’t golf for a month prior to the US Open or PGA Championship to protect the grass. But courses and clubs still want the exposure hosting such an event brings.

It’s the same thing here. The USMNT vs. Mexico match will be the biggest soccer event to ever happen in Cincinnati by far. FC Cincinnati probably thinks too that successfully hosting this match might give them a chance to host a World Cup match in 2026 or be a team’s training site for the World Cup.

When TQL Stadium eventually hosts high school football, I hope Elder still gets to play the first game.

Restrictions on golf courses are very common before hosting major tournaments. Imagine being a member at an incredibly expensive country club and then being told you can’t golf for a month prior to the US Open or PGA Championship to protect the grass. But courses and clubs still want the exposure hosting such an event brings.

It’s the same thing here. The USMNT vs. Mexico match will be the biggest soccer event to ever happen in Cincinnati by far. FC Cincinnati probably thinks too that successfully hosting this match might give them a chance to host a World Cup match in 2026 or be a team’s training site for the World Cup.

When TQL Stadium eventually hosts high school football, I hope Elder still gets to play the first game.
The older I get the more I realize my brain doesn't work the same way as other people's do.