Don Cherry fired over his remarks about immigrants in Canada!

So your problem is comprehension, I'da thought that would have been explained to you in school when they tried to help you. Read what I said again, take your time, you can move your lips if you think that will help. We're not here to judge you.
I obviously wasn’t talking about soda pop discrimination. So just cut to the chase, do you think we should be tolerant of someone who supports racial discrimination?

Lol. So you thought I was referring to discrimination of soda? What a moron. So your position is ALL discrimination is acceptable?
It's interesting to see how contrary you like to be by twisting everything. SWMCinci is applying a lot of common sense to his replies something that doesn't seem to be acceptable anymore. We are all different and see things differently. You try to narrow to something as controversial as racism and the reality is racism does exist. But as long as someone is not actually acting out physically then who are you to show such intolerance. You may not hang with them and that is your choice. But in the long run wouldn't it actually be better to mix and share ideas and opinions without being so condemning?!?!? The Left has gotten to a point of lack of understanding and instead only condemning people who don't agree with the way they think. In no way am I supporting racist with what I'm saying but I'll seek to understand.

It's interesting to see how contrary you like to be by twisting everything. SWMCinci is applying a lot of common sense to his replies something that doesn't seem to be acceptable anymore. We are all different and see things differently. You try to narrow to something as controversial as racism and the reality is racism does exist. But as long as someone is not actually acting out physically then who are you to show such intolerance. You may not hang with them and that is your choice. But in the long run wouldn't it actually be better to mix and share ideas and opinions without being so condemning?!?!? The Left has gotten to a point of lack of understanding and instead only condemning people who don't agree with the way they think. In no way am I supporting racist with what I'm saying but I'll seek to understand.
I know racism exists, that’s my point. I don’t have to be “tolerant” of that viewpoint. Sorry.

I obviously wasn’t talking about soda pop discrimination. So just cut to the chase, do you think we should be tolerant of someone who supports racial discrimination?

We ALL discriminate. It's GOOD to discriminate on some level. Racism isn't discrimination, it's an active hatred - obviously a racist has crossed a line.

Over my lifetime I've known people that discriminated against black, Asian, Hispanic people WITHOUT being racist, without hating them, that were actually tolerant if not actually friendly with people of other skin colors, religions, or races. They might not have wanted their sister to date a black boy (or a Yankee, or an Asian, or a Catholic)….. but had no problems with working with or for a black man or serving them food at their lunch counter or using the same facilities. They held no ill will to anyone, didn't think of anyone being superior/inferior to anyone else, and certainly wouldn't try to subjugate someone else. Would you be intolerant of such an individual?

I remember my great-grandfather, in 1968 he was 105. He was a kind and gentle man of the South. He owned a hardware store and employed various community people - black and white. He used the n-word, the only black people I ever saw in his home were the maid or people that were doing work. I don't know if he refused to let them come into his house or I just never saw it. I heard a story about a train trip he took in the latter 60s and he took exception to a black man being allowed in the same train car. It's easy to see the bigotry and to many people today he would be considered a racist. When he died, they closed the hardware store, sold off the inventory, every employee came to the funeral and seemed to grieve with the family. For a couple of years afterward my grandfather would get checks in the mail from people in the town (black and white) that he had loaned money, tools, or supplies to with the simple instructions to "pay him when they could". I tell you that story because, most people are complicated and not limited to a single point on a spectrum. Was he a bigot? Yes. Was he a racist? Probably not. Was he human? Absolutely. Would you be intolerant of that kind of person?

And by the way, I could describe all manner of people that I've known with the same words, white OR black. I've known racists and bigots and people that defied labels of all colors and creeds. Tolerance means acceptance based on someone else's perspective, not the one you are projecting.

The really ironic thing is that while Kaepernick has been blackballed from the NFL for his actions and he does still want to play, his kneeling has actually made him a lot of money. His Nike contract is bigger than it was before so what was bad business for the NFL has been very good business for Nike.
He doesn't want to play. If he did he would've gone to Canada or the AAF.

We ALL discriminate. It's GOOD to discriminate on some level. Racism isn't discrimination, it's an active hatred - obviously a racist has crossed a line.

Over my lifetime I've known people that discriminated against black, Asian, Hispanic people WITHOUT being racist, without hating them, that were actually tolerant if not actually friendly with people of other skin colors, religions, or races. They might not have wanted their sister to date a black boy (or a Yankee, or an Asian, or a Catholic)….. but had no problems with working with or for a black man or serving them food at their lunch counter or using the same facilities. They held no ill will to anyone, didn't think of anyone being superior/inferior to anyone else, and certainly wouldn't try to subjugate someone else. Would you be intolerant of such an individual?

I remember my great-grandfather, in 1968 he was 105. He was a kind and gentle man of the South. He owned a hardware store and employed various community people - black and white. He used the n-word, the only black people I ever saw in his home were the maid or people that were doing work. I don't know if he refused to let them come into his house or I just never saw it. I heard a story about a train trip he took in the latter 60s and he took exception to a black man being allowed in the same train car. It's easy to see the bigotry and to many people today he would be considered a racist. When he died, they closed the hardware store, sold off the inventory, every employee came to the funeral and seemed to grieve with the family. For a couple of years afterward my grandfather would get checks in the mail from people in the town (black and white) that he had loaned money, tools, or supplies to with the simple instructions to "pay him when they could". I tell you that story because, most people are complicated and not limited to a single point on a spectrum. Was he a bigot? Yes. Was he a racist? Probably not. Was he human? Absolutely. Would you be intolerant of that kind of person?

And by the way, I could describe all manner of people that I've known with the same words, white OR black. I've known racists and bigots and people that defied labels of all colors and creeds. Tolerance means acceptance based on someone else's perspective, not the one you are projecting.
Yeah man, I would consider your grandfather and your friends to all be racist and wouldn’t tolerate or condone their behavior. Sounds like you’re good with it though.

82610239-B243-471C-9A5B-67F3E490E70A.jpeg

Back a couple of years ago when in college I belonged to the only Frat on campus that had young men of many different races as invited members. I do remember once a black member went to New York to visit relatives and took members of the frat, who just happen to be white, to meet these relatives. At some point in the visit the relatives asked this black frat member if he had any black friends. Is that racist?

Back a couple of years ago when in college I belonged to the only Frat on campus that had young men of many different races as invited members. I do remember once a black member went to New York to visit relatives and took members of the frat, who just happen to be white, to meet these relatives. At some point in the visit the relatives asked this black frat member if he had any black friends. Is that racist?
Not enough context, but thanks for the question.

Not without some sort of negative value judgement about the observed trend, no.

I know racism exists, that’s my point. I don’t have to be “tolerant” of that viewpoint. Sorry.

Do you think that naive racism exists ? Do you think that some things identified or labelled as racist have been called "racist!" unjustly ?

Raising the SJW battle cry or running away with your ears covered are two potential responses, but seldom are they the best ones.

If the flaming liberal loon squad was at least tolerant for long enough to initiate a rational discussion, they could actually improve someting instead of merely scooping up disaffected losers and malcontents to hold in thrall on the interwebs. how about that ?

Do you think that naive racism exists ? Do you think that some things identified or labelled as racist have been called "racist!" unjustly ?

Raising the SJW battle cry or running away with your ears covered are two potential responses, but seldom are they the best ones.

If the flaming liberal loon squad was at least tolerant for long enough to initiate a rational discussion, they could actually improve someting instead of merely scooping up disaffected losers and malcontents to hold in thrall on the interwebs. how about that ?
Sure naive racism exists. But again, I don’t have to tolerate someone’s naive racism because they are naive or ignorant. Hope that helps.

Do you mean ALL relatives asked this? I don't think you're being genuine here.
If only one person asked this, it could have simply been a humorous comment directed at a close family member (similar to what any of us might say).
If you think this was racist, then perhaps you need to look in a mirror and ask yourself some hard questions. If you think someone else might think it's racist -- without even knowing anything about that person -- well perhaps you're looking for something that isn't there.

Sure naive racism exists. But again, I don’t have to tolerate someone’s naive racism because they are naive or ignorant. Hope that helps.

Always knew that you'd never be part of the solution. Thanks for confirming.

You do you better than anyone in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You protest too much, like you are overcompensating for something. Like if you make people think you are absolutely against something you are probably up to your neck in it but think you can throw people off by claiming a falsehood.
Asking how do you figure is protesting too much? Lol.

So, my plan is to throw people off to my MO in real life by claiming to believe in something different online on an anonymous forum. Lol, you’re no Einstein, huh?

You protest too much, as if you are overcompensating for something. Like if you make people think you are absolutely against something you are probably up to your neck in it but think you can throw people off by claiming a falsehood.
Way too much psychoanalysis, EP is a lonely derp, all you need