Does this tarnish Lebron's Legacy?

Pat Riley's the only one who has every stood up to the LBJ group. They pushed to can Spoelstra and he stood his ground and set the tone of the relationship. Cleveland on the other hand, rightfully or wrongfully, caved and did thing like sign average players (JR and Thompson) to huge contracts to pacify the LBJ group. Now there's a power void in LA that the LBJ group will try to fill which they may have had some role in creating).

If the new LA GM worries about pacifying LBJ in negotiations with Rich Paul for another player, he's done right out of the gate. LeBron can be King on the court, but that's got to be it.

Pat Riley's the only one who has every stood up to the LBJ group. They pushed to can Spoelstra and he stood his ground and set the tone of the relationship. Cleveland on the other hand, rightfully or wrongfully, caved and did thing like sign average players (JR and Thompson) to huge contracts to pacify the LBJ group. Now there's a power void in LA that the LBJ group will try to fill which they may have had some role in creating).

At the time, I didn't think either were terrible signings. You have to remember at the time of TT signing teams were anticipating a giant leap in cap space the following year and everyone was getting monster contracts. Thompson had just posted a double-double against the Warriors (and the for the playoffs as a whole) when the Cavs took them to 6 games without Kyrie and Kevin. He was only 23, turning 24 and looked like he was finally figuring things out. I thought $82M was too much, but I didn't think it was a drastic overpay......until Thompson never improved and in fact regressed.

JR signed during the cap explosion and had just helped the Cavs win a title and averaged 12.4 ppg shooting 40% from 3 the year before he signed his deal. Again, unfortunately for the Cavs, he also regressed. And he regressed bad. His shooting numbers dropped significantly the following year. He was definitely more of an overpay, being 30 years old and knowing he was a headcase. But the Cavs/LeBron wanted to run things back hoping to run with the same team and win another title or two and overpayed. At the time, I don't fault them for either signing.

TT's signing definitely anticipated the new TV money, no doubt about it. The worst part about his contract was that his value as a garbage-man put back scorer was perhaps higher in Cleveland with two ball-dominant players than anywhere else. Not a good thing if you want to trade him away.

If the new LA GM worries about pacifying LBJ in negotiations with Rich Paul for another player, he's done right out of the gate. LeBron can be King on the court, but that's got to be it.

But the James camp will try to pull that off. They need an experienced GM who will stand up to James, since they don't have to worry about him leaving ( unlike Cleveland, which only got one year contracts). Besides, if he does leave, half of LA will be delighted and the other half will go," Who?"

TT's signing definitely anticipated the new TV money, no doubt about it. The worst part about his contract was that his value as a garbage-man put back scorer was perhaps higher in Cleveland with two ball-dominant players than anywhere else. Not a good thing if you want to trade him away.

At the time they were capped out and had no way to replace him. The option was to let a 24 year big man walk or pay him. It was really just another example of how Rich Paul and LBJ held the Cavs hostage.

At the time they were capped out and had no way to replace him. The option was to let a 24 year big man walk or pay him. It was really just another example of how Rich Paul and LBJ held the Cavs hostage.

it will be interesting to see if the next CBA tries to address this sort of arm-twisting by an agent that repesents both a mega-star and some of his teammates

it will be interesting to see if the next CBA tries to address this sort of arm-twisting by an agent that repesents both a mega-star and some of his teammates

As long as the superstars keep making the league and the owners boat loads of money, I don't think they mind being held hostage.

ANother coach gone by a Lebron lead team.

See reports today that the Lakers are afraid that if they hire Lue then LeBron would get too much power.

How long does it take before Lebron gets fed up?

May as well call the man Kingslayer James instead of King James. The man endlessly destroys coaches and basketball management.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk