Does God exist? How do you know or why do you believe?

The only belief more ridiculous than a belief in intelligent design, is a belief in no intelligent design.

The natural world is in too perfect of order to be seen as coincidence. Abiogenesis is nonsensical.

Probably not. Because there is zero evidence a god exists.

Its there for all to see:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being seen through the things that He made, even His everlasting power and divinity; that all may be without excuse.

Psalm 19:1-4

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.[a]
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.

Faith is truly the only thing that gets me through the toughest times.
The belief that there is something waiting in the afterlife, is the single most important thing that gives me hope.
You can never count on people 100% of the time, as all humans are imperfect.
You can count on God 100% of the time, and the promise that there is eternal salvation.
No proof and not going to argue, as people that are non-believers don't bother me, they are entitled to their beliefs, just as I am mine.
I have faith and that is all I need.

The only belief more ridiculous than a belief in intelligent design, is a belief in no intelligent design.

The natural world is in too perfect of order to be seen as coincidence. Abiogenesis is nonsensical.

If you were an all powerful creator, are we the best design you could come up with? Hmmm. And would you create a world out of nothing for the sole purpose of honor and obedience, to you, under penalty of eternal torture? That don’t sound right to me.

If you were an all powerful creator, are we the best design you could come up with? Hmmm. And would you create a world out of nothing for the sole purpose of honor and obedience, to you, under penalty of eternal torture? That don’t sound right to me.
Why not?

It sounds like the perfect creation. He has given us Free Will to choose. We can choose to honor and obey and spend eternity with Him or we can choose to deny and ridicule and be denied the glories of heaven for all eternity.

Bottom line is that it is our choice.

How do you choose?

It sounds like the perfect creation. He has given us Free Will to choose. We can choose to honor and obey and spend eternity with Him or we can choose to deny and ridicule and be denied the glories of heaven for all eternity.

Bottom line is that it is our choice.

How do you choose?
Absolutely.
Free will to choose.
By granting free will, in many aspects of life, you get a better picture of man's true character.
By having a choice to do good, or not, man reveals his true intentions.

If we were created to only serve and be obedient or be tortured then man's true character would not be revealed.

In our next life we will reap what we sow.

Last edited:
Probably not. Because there is zero evidence a god exists.
Do you believe some people have a real faith that God does exist?

So at the very least God exists in the minds of people of faith. What we believe to be real, is real to those who believe.

I cant tell you why God made us like he did, or why he even made us, or why he made us knowing we would destroy his creation and one day the earth he made for us would need to be destroyed. I'm too simple minded to answer such complex questions.

I can say with certainty, it seems much more unlikely there is no God and we just appeared miraculously through evolution. To believe everything surrounding us is an example of time and chance is preposterous to my sense of intellectual honesty.

The Bible addresses all these topics if you really are interested. First step is giving up that you are God.

Its there for all to see:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being seen through the things that He made, even His everlasting power and divinity; that all may be without excuse.

Psalm 19:1-4

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.[a]
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.
Zero proof. Thanks for confirming.

Absolutely.
Free will to choose.
By granting free will, in many aspects of life, you get a better picture of man's true character.
By having a choice to do good, or not, man reveals his true intentions.

If we were created to only serve and be obedient or be tortured then man's true character would not be revealed.

In our next life we will reap what we sow.

Free will, pro-choice? Interesting. I would agree, for the reasons you mentioned.

"Choosing to believe" isn't really belief imo. Either you do or don't. Do you believe in Adam & Eve and Noah's Ark or choose to believe cuz it is required and don't want to get in trouble? If we are judged I believe it will be judged by our deeds and what is in our hearts, no matter our religious denomination or none at all.

Last edited:
The honest answer is there is no proof of god. On the other hand, man has make believe everywhere - long time gods and goddesses in mythology ( Greek, Roman, Norse, etc) ,pagans, tribal, and on all continents. Religion is an ancient perversion of mans mind.Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy, werewolves, vampires, monsters, boogeymen and other imaginary beings are long involved with the weak minds of man. We even had a similar previous god with exact history of miracle birth, crucifiction and arising from the dead. Then there is the revisions and rewrites to the Bible to conform to “accepted” standards. Books in the Bible not being written until almost 100 years later and beyond than the death of the savior. On and on it goes.

But, it’s a growing business for mega church millionaire preachers. Religious nutjobs, unfortunately, will always be with us.

If you'll read more closely, I never used the word "god." I also never even insinuated life existed only on Earth. I said nothing about obedience, or eternal damnation even though I have many thoughts on that subject.

As to best design, the abundance, diversity, and complexity of life here is exactly what leads me to the conclusion life did not spontaneously combust in a saline pool of cosmic goo.

As to best design, the abundance, diversity, and complexity of life here is exactly what leads me to the conclusion life did not spontaneously combust in a saline pool of cosmic goo.

Fair enough. To others, it leads to the conclusion (with evidence) of evolutionary adaptation. From the largest species down to the smallest bacteria or microorganisms, including the current virus we're dealing with. Including the thousands of species that no longer exist.

How "life" actually first began, or the earth, may require some faith, but is at least more reasonably debatable, whether by a supreme being beyond our comprehension, or big bang and cosmic goo. As opposed to strict biblical interpretations easily refuted by scientific evidence (or rational thought frankly).

Fair enough. To others, it leads to the conclusion (with evidence) of evolutionary adaptation. From the largest species down to the smallest bacteria or microorganisms, including the current virus we're dealing with. Including the thousands of species that no longer exist.

How "life" actually first began, or the earth, may require some faith, but is at least more reasonably debatable, whether by a supreme being beyond our comprehension, or big bang and cosmic goo. As opposed to strict biblical interpretations easily refuted by scientific evidence (or rational thought frankly).

I'm sure you know the theory of natural selection doesn't explain the origin of life. Oh, I believe in natural selection.

As to the origin of life, when science can show simple amino acids organizing into complex proteins, I'll rethink things. Until then, I'm siding with intelligent design. We are not alone.

I'm sure you know the theory of natural selection doesn't explain the origin of life. Oh, I believe in natural selection.

As to the origin of life, when science can show simple amino acids organizing into complex proteins, I'll rethink things. Until then, I'm siding with intelligent design. We are not alone.

Of course you aren't. Though it doesn't sound like you are exactly buying into life began when God just decided to make a white guy one day with modern thought and abilities. Gave him a woman. Then off to the races.