Do you think the best travel teams have the best coaches?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Are they great at developing talent? Creating gameplans? Identifying weaknesses in their opponents? Or is recruiting talent the biggest part of their success?

Honestly the best teams have good coaches might not be the best but they are defiantly not bad.

They either know how to attract the best talent in some cases and manage a game or, in some cases they know how to develop talent and manage with the talent they have.

With that said...Having been around the game for over 25 years there are a lot of very good coaches that get the most out of their players and are competitive at a variety of levels.

IMO, The only difference between the top 5 teams in each age group and the bulk of the other teams is pitching...
At tryouts teams get ladies that are serviceable-good-very good or, dominate pitchers.
Your upper tier organizations Lasers, Outlaws, Doom, Hawks etc. tend to land at least one dominate sometimes two.

For “Off Season” Sports I think Non Parent Coaches are the best at Teaching/Coaching and Managing/Creating a great environment for all involved. I think this also greatly helps the Players. Not many HS Players actually get to Play in HS or beyond for their mom or dad.

For “Off Season” Sports I think Non Parent Coaches are the best at Teaching/Coaching and Managing/Creating a great environment for all involved. I think this also greatly helps the Players. Not many HS Players actually get to Play in HS or beyond for their mom or dad.
I agree to a point…I know of many of the top organizations in Ohio that started with parent coaches and got their daughter playing post secondary at all levels. Most are now the non parent coach. I also know of many non parent coaches that struggle mightily and change teams regularly looking for that organization that will get them a team