Do you collect sports cards?

I have the Thurman Munson "Rookie Stars" card. Somebody told me it was valuable.

Also have an A's Reggie, and a Willie Mays 1970 card.

I collected baseball cards all during my youth. My guess is at one time I had between 2000-3000 baseball cards including a Warren Spahn rookie card. When I left for college in 1973 I stored them in a dark place in my Mom and Dad's attic. After returning home in the spring of 1974, I found out that they had the attic insulated while I was gone. I searched and searched for those cards but never found them. I am guessing an insulator took an early retirement after finding my stash.

I collected baseball cards all during my youth. My guess is at one time I had between 2000-3000 baseball cards including a Warren Spahn rookie card. When I left for college in 1973 I stored them in a dark place in my Mom and Dad's attic. After returning home in the spring of 1974, I found out that they had the attic insulated while I was gone. I searched and searched for those cards but never found them. I am guessing an insulator took an early retirement after finding my stash.
Did you check behind the insulation?

I have alot of cards in the basement and have been going through them the last few months. The best card I've found so far is a Dr. J rookie (he has two cards in the set, mine is the cheaper All-Star card). Ungraded I've seen it between $90 to $400.

Kind of feels like a lottery when going through the cards when something decent pops up.

Cards a a crap shoot. If you keep the right ones you can really make a bundle. in 1991 Topps make a miniature card to commemorate thier 40th Anniversary. I bought 3 sets thiking they would increase in value. They've never been opened and were sold for under $10. Today the complete set boxes are only worth about $10 each. LOL

I collected when I was grade school age. After high school I sold a couple thousand of them from the 1960's decade. I used the money to buy myself a brand new goldf bag and set of clubs.

Does anoyone know if the Sporting News Conlon Collection cards are worth anything? I have a packet still in it's original packaging and the first card you can see is Babe Ruth. This is the 1992 Edition.

Cards a a crap shoot. If you keep the right ones you can really make a bundle. in 1991 Topps make a miniature card to commemorate thier 40th Anniversary. I bought 3 sets thiking they would increase in value. They've never been opened and were sold for under $10. Today the complete set boxes are only worth about $10 each. LOL

I collected when I was grade school age. After high school I sold a couple thousand of them from the 1960's decade. I used the money to buy myself a brand new goldf bag and set of clubs.

Does anoyone know if the Sporting News Conlon Collection cards are worth anything? I have a packet still in it's original packaging and the first card you can see is Babe Ruth. This is the 1992 Edition.
Ebay is your friend. I'll bet you can look them up

A couple weeks ago Top Shot released a generic pack anyone could buy for $9.99 during their window. It just arrived this week. I had 3 common cards and was able to resell each for $20. The market is insane.

I’m going to keep trying to get one of their more rare packs.

The only time I was able to land a pack was a $14 one right before the All-Star game. Re-sold two of the cards for $9 each then held onto a #784/10000 Vucevic which is worth $200+.

I've done a handful of same-day flips making $10-$20 on average out of each. I bought a few rookies a month back that should have some better resale value soon.

I have no idea what I have anymore.... heck I still have Topps waxpacks unopened with gum still in tact from the 80's as well as unopened Donruss and Fleer...... my case of 87 Upper Deckunopened wax packs got stolen a long time ago so someone knew what they were doing..... I don't remember the player it was either Cal Ripken or Dale Murphy but at the end of the bat it had F*** you written on it and that was the big one to get as a kid back then.

We used to put cards in the spokes of our bikes and also played a game with them by throwing them against a wall..... Too bad adults ruined this hobby by making the cards valuable and taking the fun out of them.....

Sore subject with me.

I collected baseball cards when i was a kid. I had pretty much all of the 1968 Detroit Tigers. Most of the cards from 666-70. We moved in 1970.....and my cards were lost or thrown out.

I know for sure I had the 67 Tom Seave/Bill Denehey rookie card that I see is worth $2500.

I can empathize ............we had a house fire in '73 and I lost a nice group ...........still have a few hundred with some keepers in the mix.

I have no idea what I have anymore.... heck I still have Topps waxpacks unopened with gum still in tact from the 80's as well as unopened Donruss and Fleer...... my case of 87 Upper Deckunopened wax packs got stolen a long time ago so someone knew what they were doing..... I don't remember the player it was either Cal Ripken or Dale Murphy but at the end of the bat it had F*** you written on it and that was the big one to get as a kid back then.

We used to put cards in the spokes of our bikes and also played a game with them by throwing them against a wall..... Too bad adults ruined this hobby by making the cards valuable and taking the fun out of them.....

I was close... so it was Billy Ripken and it said F* Face.... I have it but it looked like the cover ups might be worth more... now, that is silly. Did not know that about the Marlboro add and now I am curious but no way I am ready to hunt those cards down. I have the 89 Fleer set unopened so who knows which ones are in those but in the loose cards I probably have a few of Johnson.....

I was close... so it was Billy Ripken and it said F* Face.... I have it but it looked like the cover ups might be worth more... now, that is silly. Did not know that about the Marlboro add and now I am curious but no way I am ready to hunt those cards down. I have the 89 Fleer set unopened so who knows which ones are in those but in the loose cards I probably have a few of Johnson.....
Can you imagine having a box of 1987 fleer basketball?

Seems the card market is still going strong even with things starting to return back to normal. The hot thing now is grading card services charging a fortune. I was thinking about sending some in thinking it would be about $10 each. Then they went to $20. Now it looks like it is $150 per card. Doesn't make sense for any card I might have...

Had do not know what or where they ended up. My mother got rid of them and I had Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris amd my favorite was Larry Doby the first black to play for the Cleveland Indians.

Sold all 2000 of my late 1940's to early 1960's baseball cards in 1971. I had paid about one cent each, and figured I'd doubled my money by selling them all for $40. Man, was that a bad move.
About ten years age I sold about 50 1958 Topps football cards for around $350. That was the year of the Jim Brown rookie card, which I unfortunately did not have.
I always check the actual Ebay sale prices including the postage before setting a price.

it was billy ripken and it said f*** face.

jtk
()

I have several thousand baseball cards from late 70's to early 80's. Bought them for $0.15 to $0.25 a pack. Would walk to the store every Sat. after doing chores.

Also, have about 300 Jordan Cards that I won in a college card game. Had my son sell a few on ebay just to see what I could get - sold 10 for $4 each (they were his 4th or 5th year). Told him he could keep the rest.

My uncle grew up in the Bronx a huge Yankees fan. He has every card from the 50's including several Mickey Mantle Rookie cards. He sold a few Mantels about 20 years ago and was able put an addition on his house with the sale. No bad for some cardboard.

Nephew wanted some this year. Were hard to find football cards, got them on Amazon. Local walmart stated people were getting in fights over them and put them behind the cigarette counter.

I really did not collect cards but I did have Maris and Mantle cards and my favorite ballplayer Larry Doby. After college and getting married, I asked my mom where the cards went and she said she gave them to some kid that did not have much. My son when he was young collected hard he has many complete sets and thousands of cards from the 60 70 and up.

Have been collecting since I was a kid and teen. Took a long absence and started back up again now that cards are back up in value. It's a nice hobby!

Do you collect? What are some of your best cards? Do you collect and sell or just collect?

Curious to see if anyone else is a nerd like me?

I used to collect baseball cards back in the late 70's thru the 80's.

Really have no idea what my most valuable card is but it is likely one of the cards from the debut set of Upper Deck.... Ken Griffey Jr. ????