Do you believe that people can see the future?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Just watching a show about people that claim they can see the future. They were looking at the various ways these people made these claims. Some of them seemed to really believe they were seeing the future. Do you think that anyone can really see the future or is it one giant hoax?

Just watching a show about people that claim they can see the future. They were looking at the various ways these people made these claims. Some of them seemed to really believe they were seeing the future. Do you think that anyone can really see the future or is it one giant hoax?
If no one can see the future that makes many religions irrelevant. I do believe some people can see the future, but interpretation of what they see may be nearly impossible.

Most people who claim to see into the future are doing so for selfish reasons.

Not sure about about seeing the future but man, when you get that deja vu feeling that is really strange. Not going to lie....freaks me out a little at times.

Just watching a show about people that claim they can see the future.

My son may have been watching this same show.

This should scare some people: When one was asked about President Trump, she replied "Which one?"

Ivanka 2024?

Don Jr. 2024?

HMMM, I can...

I predict next year around week 11 of the HS football season lickingcountyfan will complain about playoff ticket prices...

I can't control it but I do catch a glimpse few times a year.
Usually it comes in a dream right before I wake up, sometimes I will write them down. Almost always completely insignificant stuff but out of the realm of chance. It also is mostly stuff that happens within a few hours of waking.
Mom told me about this what she called a "gift" . She said I did it regularly when I was very young. The one story I remember her telling me is...my sister 2 and me 4 were inside napping and she was pulling weeds out back. I got up went outside half asleep and told her to get my sister out of the rose bush??? I was outside with mom when my sister came out running for mom and stumbled head long into a rose bush.

One significant thing I can recall is telling my wife about a earthquake a month or so before on may 12 2008, I even told her to put on your earthquake shoes the day before as it was coming. The image in my dream was 2 similar tall buildings being shaken and alot of dust along with the date may 12. I later saw the image in news footage.

Last edited:
I can't control it but I do catch a glimpse few times a year.
Usually it comes in a dream right before I wake up, sometimes I will write them down. Almost always completely insignificant stuff but out of the realm of chance. It also is mostly stuff that happens within a few hours of waking.
Mom told me about this what she called a "gift" . She said I did it regularly when I was very young. The one story I remember her telling me is...my sister 2 and me 4 were inside napping and she was pulling weeds out back. I got up went outside half asleep and told her to get my sister out of the rose bush??? I was outside with mom and my sister came out running for mom and stumbled head long into a rose bush.

One significant thing I can recall is telling my wife about a earthquake a month or so before on may 12 2008, I even told her better put on you earthquake shoes the day before as it was coming. The image in my dream was 2 similar tall buildings being shaken and alot of dust along with the date may 12. I later saw the image in news footage.
Similar experiences myself, but generally has to do with the death of people, even those not near me. I had a friend when I was young. About 20 years later I dreamed about him in the usual manner that indicates he would not be with us much longer. I mentioned that to my mom that morning. She decided to call my friends mom to see how he was doing, he lived about 3 hours away in Indiana. She was told he had been electrocuted about two hours before she called ( less than 10 hours after my dream) while using a chainsaw to remove a tree knocked down in a morning storm. The tree was laying on top of a power line he apparently did not notice or thought would not be live.

I could mention couple more but either you believe it or don't, and I have no problem with those that want to say it was a coincidence. The biggest key to your statement was your first couple words "I can't control it".

What is happening

Good question, something we will likely only ponder as most of our brains are probably not powerful enough to figure this one out. If someone is ever smart enough to figure it out they still have to be able to explain it to us. As hard as I try, my dog still don't get basic algebra?

My guess would be time is not quite what we perceive as humans, it is likely not as linear as we think.
Some kind of quantum entanglement? They also say they have scientifically proven to have the same particle exist in two places at the same time???
The governments declassified research into remote viewing seems impossible but does somehow work.

I'm going with that "spirit in the sky" thingy, because that makes most sense to my brain.

If time is the 4th dimension and all points in the 1st three dimensions exist simultaneously, is it not possible all points on the 4th dimension always exist? It would to some degree explain Deja Vu.

I think a bug hitting the windshield gets a quick glimpse into the future. Same going for those bridge/tower jumper and plane/auto crashes individuals

On a few occasions I have had to ask myself if what just happened was real, because I had experienced that event before. I chalk it up to the first occurrence as being a dream.

Last edited:
You certainly do have issues with causality and free will when talking about pre-cognition

Most dependent upon whether one could see the future at will, or stumble across random glimpses. If another unseen being(s) control that seeming randomness, then there is the possibility of steering or sand-bagging a choice. Deep stuff.

"God" in Hebrew is basically "I am". Not being bound by time, and flowing/knowing across and through it would cover a lot of bases. I always - upon having had it pointed out to me - have been intrigued by that one simple statement Jesus made that seemed to cause more immediate consternation among his opponents than any other did. A religious leader was quizzing him, and when Jesus spoke with authority he flipped out at the simple response. Definitely transcends time as we know it. Bronze Age Jews, getting "deep"

John 8:50-58 New International Version (NIV)
50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

If you do not believe in free will, then sure it might be possible to glimpse ahead in “time”, though time without free will wouldn’t really exist as all things that could happen since the beginning would have happened - or in other words, since there would be only one way for things to happen, time would more or less be meaningless. This has always been the problem with the claims of “God’s Plan”. If God has a plan, then there is no free will, only the illusion of it, which then means “God’s judgement” is meaningless amongst a score of other things.

On a few occasions I have had to ask myself if what just happened was real, because I had experienced that event before. I chalk it up to the first occurrence as being a dream.

I have, on multiple occasions, walked into places I've never been previously and not only had a general feeling of intimate familiarity, but have known exactly where things could be found and "pictured" them before turning a corner or opening a door. It is the wildest thing. The hair on the back of my neck stands up, but in a good way. I tried to find patterns or subliminal tip-offs, to no avail. It pretty much stopped after I settled down with my second wife. I've only had it happen when we are states or countries apart since, and even then only twice.

Now today, if I think about a future conversation or dialogue in depth - not merely in the abstract conceptually, but to the point of putting words together in search of impactful phrases - she'll often say, "What ?" from another room. That's the only "cool but weird" thing I experience now, and it happens at least once a month. I know I'm dead silent and deep in thought. She'll have music on and think she hears me when I get to something in my head that seems significant.