Divisional Breakdowns for the Dual team tournament

Individual Wrestling
OHSAA tournament divisions will be approved by the OHSAA Board of Directors and announced on June 6, 2017.
Division
Enrollment
Schools
I
370 and more boys
II
200 to 369 boys
III
199 and fewer boys

The number looks like they did go up last time for individual. So if you are right on or close to division 1-2 for the dual team tournament. U should drop for the individual tournament 370 was cut off for the individual tournament for division one that number dropped to 362 for the dual team tournament.

Am I right on this bucksman?

OHSAA tournament divisions will be approved by the OHSAA Board of Directors and announced on June 8, 2017.
Division
Enrollment
Schools
I
362 and more boys
II
210 to 361 boys
III
209 and fewer boys

Total Teams

So is the number going to increase for the individual or decrease for the individual? What’s everybody’s guess?

Individual will increase compared to the dual tournament alignment for D1/D2 and probably stay around the same for D2/D3. My guess for the cut-offs are around 360 and around 200

New divisional alignments will be posted in mid-August. They have to be approved at the meeting on August 8th.

Divisional Changes

If Alliance goes D1 where would the teams that typically went to Alliance for districts have to go?

If Alliance goes D1 where would the teams that typically went to Alliance for districts have to go?
Assuming you mean Alliance being a host site for districts, they can still host a d2 sectional even if they're d1. Heath HS does it for the central/ east district, they'll host every year but it'll rotate year to year when they have d2 or d3, even when their wrestlers are usually d3. If 200 ends up being the d2/d3 cutoff, Heath will be d2 and will go 2 years in a row of hosting a district their wrestlers won't be participating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So even if Alliance goes D1 and attends another district they can continue to play host to the D2 district they previously participated in?

So even if Alliance goes D1 and attends another district they can continue to play host to the D2 district they previously participated in?

The biggest hurdle might be getting quality workers as many of them could be attending the Div 1 District.

How does the state go as low as 350s all the way up to what 1200? Seems like a pretty large gap if u ask me.

You just stole the point I was going to make. Then also have to consider the schools that are all male (parochial schools) where the student population is not representative compared to co-ed schools. Of course I am assuming the numbers being used are only for total school population and not just males.

You just stole the point I was going to make. Then also have to consider the schools that are all male (parochial schools) where the student population is not representative compared to co-ed schools. Of course I am assuming the numbers being used are only for total school population and not just males.

Numbers for divisions are just based off males. This is true for all male sports. They are only based off of girls for all girl sports. They are never based off total school population.

Based on the numbers released by ODE/OHSAA, breaking them down by grouping them, there are approximately 199 schools that fall in the 350 and up category. Now, I tried to put all schools that have wrestling based on the sectional data, but I'm sure I missed teams in the Northeast/Cleveland and Southwest/Cinci areas when organizing my counts.
But of those 199 I do have accounted for in that range, it goes:

8 schools over 1000
7 b/t 900-999
7 b/t 800-899
19 b/t 700-799
31 b/t 600-699
33 b/t 500-599
57 b/t 400-499
33 b/t 350-399

Majority of schools fall between that 350-699 mark, which is still a wide gap but not as daunting as the 350-1200.

Also, this is just more of a "hey here is some data to look at" not necessarily an argument one way or another.

Based on the numbers released by ODE/OHSAA, breaking them down by grouping them, there are approximately 199 schools that fall in the 350 and up category. Now, I tried to put all schools that have wrestling based on the sectional data, but I'm sure I missed teams in the Northeast/Cleveland and Southwest/Cinci areas when organizing my counts.
But of those 199 I do have accounted for in that range, it goes:

8 schools over 1000
7 b/t 900-999
7 b/t 800-899
19 b/t 700-799
31 b/t 600-699
33 b/t 500-599
57 b/t 400-499
33 b/t 350-399

Majority of schools fall between that 350-699 mark, which is still a wide gap but not as daunting as the 350-1200.

Also, this is just more of a "hey here is some data to look at" not necessarily an argument one way or another.

Good work. What’s the guess for cut off D1-D2