Division VII State Semifinal: Warren John F. Kennedy (10-2) vs. Newark Catholic (13-1)

Who wins?

• Warren JFK by 17+

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Warren JFK by 8-16

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Warren JFK by 1-7

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Newark Catholic by 1-7

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Newark Catholic by 8-16

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Newark Catholic by 17+

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll handle this one, guys.

Yup. Crazily, it was pure luck. JFK had graduated their stud QB and their D1-level RB and the kid just happened to fall right into their lap. Insane, right? In saying that, let's get one thing straight. There was absolutely no recruiting going on. Zero. None. Kennedy does not recruit. They never have and never would. This was purely coincidental. This was just a situation where they were amazingly fortunate. Nothing more, nothing less.
Its like the field of dreams.........If you build it they will come.......Welcome to the thriving and bustling City of Warren.?

I will say the kid wasn’t the starting TB at Liberty his junior year and the starter ahead of him was returning, so maybe he saw a great opportunity. Think it worked out for everyone involved, I can’t blame the kid for doing what’s best for him. Maybe he could gone to Lucas and lined up at TB two yards from the line of scrimmage
I'm not sure Lucas recruited him, but I heard Howland really needed a RB. I wonder how he heard of the "opportunity" at JFK?:unsure:

Its like the field of dreams.........If you build it they will come.......Welcome to the thriving and bustling City of Warren.?
warren = Worn Out?
I'm not sure Lucas recruited him, but I heard Howland really needed a RB. I wonder how he heard of the "opportunity" at JFK?:unsure:
well when you have a chance to play for a team that was state runner up that has 4 returning OL or Howland the choice is obvious. You want some cheese to go with that wine?

Howland? Why would anyone choose to join that dumpster fire?
I know a group of Lakeview kids went to Mathews. People who don’t think it happens all over is stupid. Kids and parents look for opportunities anywhere. Not sure I read anyone complaining about Lakeview kids going to Mathews.

I know a group of Lakeview kids went to Mathews. People who don’t think it happens all over is stupid. Kids and parents look for opportunities anywhere. Not sure I read anyone complaining about Lakeview kids going to Mathews.
Lakeview lost many kids with Pav over the years, hopefully for them Coach Bellino keeps them around

I'll handle this one, guys.

Yup. Crazily, it was pure luck. JFK had graduated their stud QB and their D1-level RB and the kid just happened to fall right into their lap. Insane, right? In saying that, let's get one thing straight. There was absolutely no recruiting going on. Zero. None. Kennedy does not recruit. They never have and never would. This was purely coincidental. This was just a situation where they were amazingly fortunate. Nothing more, nothing less.
When you play for a lackluster organization and see a team next to you consistently making a run in the playoffs year after year it’s hard to not want to get a piece of the pie. I don’t believe many athletes seriously want to turn in their gear at the end of the regular season. Perform well enough and you’ll see these kids show up naturally. You wouldn’t understand.

When you play for a lackluster organization and see a team next to you consistently making a run in the playoffs year after year it’s hard to not want to get a piece of the pie. I don’t believe many athletes seriously want to turn in their gear at the end of the regular season. Perform well enough and you’ll see these kids show up naturally. You wouldn’t understand.
I have to agree with this point here if I had to go back to my glory days It might be different can’t blame a kid for wanting to win.

Jaws, Tempesta,
I hope you got it all figured out like you clowns think you do. #2 is the team. You better buckle up with your cover 0 defense that is susceptible to big plays because you aren't sound up the seam. You think two trick Dalton was a beast? NC has 5-6 cats who can expose you all over the field. Go ahead and focus on Hackett.

Jaws, Tempesta,
I hope you got it all figured out like you clowns think you do. #2 is the team. You better buckle up with your cover 0 defense that is susceptible to big plays because you aren't sound up the seam. You think two trick Dalton was a beast? NC has 5-6 cats who can expose you all over the field. Go ahead and focus on Hackett.
Ladies & Gentlemen, the NC QB's mom has entered the chat.

Lol. It’s always the “new member” coming in strong.
Yeah, imagined mom/grandma/aunt who's sleep cycle was messed up from getting up early to cook yesterday gets up today, thinks about going shopping, then gets hooked reading about how her son/grandson/nephew's team is gonna lose.

Apparently, JFK has NO SHOT in this game. If NC has "5-6 cats" as good as Schlabach/Malone then this will be an absolute drubbing. Someone should let the Alliance fire dept know so they can have extra EMS squads on site tomorrow.

Jaws, Tempesta,
Just like you did last year to JFK........I like the clip of NC QB on the news though.....Good luck to the Greenwave cause the Blue Storm is coming

Jaws, Tempesta,
I compare Heaths athletes to Daltons athletes and that game film don't lie. The mighty NC couldn't slow them down. One more day and we shall all find out.

Yeah, imagined mom/grandma/aunt who's sleep cycle was messed up from getting up early to cook yesterday gets up today, thinks about going shopping, then gets hooked reading about how her son/grandson/nephew's team is gonna lose.

Apparently, JFK has NO SHOT in this game. If NC has "5-6 cats" as good as Schlabach/Malone then this will be an absolute drubbing. Someone should let the Alliance fire dept know so they can have extra EMS squads on site tomorrow.
Well it probably won't be Alliance...it will be Marlboro Twp...I believe is where Marlington is located.

Is YSN streaming this game tonight? I see it listed, but the virtual ticket is not popping up

I watched the Ursuline/PC game here on OHSAA yesterday, leaps and bounds better than the YSN nonsense production I watched prior. (...two seemingly HS aged kids giggling througout the telecast with endless anecdotal nonsense stories from their youth. smh....was a tough watch.)