Division VII State Semifinal: Marion Local (11-2) vs. Patrick Henry (10-3)

Who wins?

• Marion Local by 15+

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Marion Local by 8-14

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Patrick Henry by 1-7

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Patrick Henry by 8-14

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Patrick Henry by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PH has got to be the heavy underdog. I love my Patriots. One of these years the Patriots will break thru against the MAC. PH has to take care of a couple bumps and bruises after tonight's play in the snow.

Ph has a nice running game and a big receiver who can make plays happen, but it wont be nearly enough against ML. ML 49- PH 13

Wapakoneta is almost equidistant from Wyoming and Clyde, I hope it is there so I can watch Prater play. Findlay makes the most sense for PH and ML, but I could see the OHSAA putting it in Lima for some reason. Heck, I could see them putting it in Sidney after some of the pairings they’ve been doing :ROFLMAO:

Should be a good matchup, Marion has a good mix on offense as well. Marion's Defense and Special Teams have really set the offense up with good field position most of the year.

Marion Local does not appear to be quite as dominant as 2013-2017 teams, but does that mean Patrick Henry can keep it close / pull the upset?

Marion has struggled this year with teams that are big up front, ie. Anna, Minster, Fort Loramie. How big is PH on the offensive and defensive lines? How many go both ways?

I have an inclination to believe that Marion Local already played the 2nd best team in D7 (Fort Loramie), but this will be the third best team. ML wins by 14 plus but Patrick Henry keeps it close for three quarters.

PH quarterback was the defensive player of the year in their conference, and he played nose guard. Easily the most physical qb Marion has played this year. The Qb and tailback both go about 200 lbs. On tape the qb throws a very nice ball. I think the people predicting a 2 or 3 score win will be surprised. I think this will be a one score game like Fort Loramie

The Qb and tailback both go about 200 lbs.
Tailback is 200 lbs, QB is generously around 180.
PH offensive line is good sized, not absolute maulers but come off the ball well and play physical. They are anchored by their 6'6 250 tackle, 6' 200 guard, 6'3 190 center, 5'8 200 guard 6' 260 tackle. They have a great receiver in #11 but #2 is solid as well. If PH is healthy they can stay in the game for a while with their scheme but they are very thin across the board and any injuries have been detrimental to them all year.

PH quarterback was the defensive player of the year in their conference, and he played nose guard. Easily the most physical qb Marion has played this year. The Qb and tailback both go about 200 lbs. On tape the qb throws a very nice ball. I think the people predicting a 2 or 3 score win will be surprised. I think this will be a one score game like Fort Loramie
Fort Loramie's QB (junior season I believe) is probably up there in physicality. One tough nut. But, I've heard some really good things about the PH QB as well. This should be a fun one to watch for at the very least a couple of quarters.

Fort Loramie's QB (junior season I believe) is probably up there in physicality. One tough nut. But, I've heard some really good things about the PH QB as well. This should be a fun one to watch for at the very least a couple of quarters.
the Locals did a great job of containing the Forts QB from running last week....don't think he had many yards rushing