Division VII - Region 28 Championship: Marion Local (10-2) vs. New Bremen (9-3)

Who wins?

• Marion Local by 15+

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Marion Local by 8-14

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • New Bremen by 1-7

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • New Bremen by 8-14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Bremen by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking at the other regions, I'm pulling for Cuyahoga Heights to make the finals and hopefully play a MAC team(MSML I hope). I love the rivalry that's developed between the CVC and MAC. It's pretty remarkable that those two conferences have gone head to head in the finals eight times in the past eight years. Not predicting it will happen again this year, but the potential is still there.

Coldwater vs Kirtland 2011
Coldwater vs Kirtland 2012
Minster vs Kirtland 2014
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2015
Marion Local vs Cuyahoga 2016
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2017
Minster vs Cuyahoga 2017
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2018

MAC has a 5-3 edge so far.

Looking at the other regions, I'm pulling for Cuyahoga Heights to make the finals and hopefully play a MAC team(MSML I hope). I love the rivalry that's developed between the CVC and MAC. It's pretty remarkable that those two conferences have gone head to head in the finals eight times in the past eight years. Not predicting it will happen again this year, but the potential is still there.

Coldwater vs Kirtland 2011
Coldwater vs Kirtland 2012
Minster vs Kirtland 2014
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2015
Marion Local vs Cuyahoga 2016
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2017
Minster vs Cuyahoga 2017
Marion Local vs Kirtland 2018

MAC has a 5-3 edge so far.
Impressive!

However, unfortunately for the streak, and in IMO, Cuyahoga Height's reign at the top of the R25 is coming to an end Saturday.

Lucas 34, CH 20

It is our time.

We keep winning and dropping in the rankings! LOVE IT.

Last edited:
Impressive!

However, unfortunately for the streak, and in IMO, Cuyahoga Height's reign at the top of the R25 is coming to an end Saturday.

Lucas 34, CH 20

It is our time.

We keep winning and dropping in the rankings! LOVE IT.

I like to root for Kirtland and Cuyahoga Heights, especially Kirtland after the job they've done against MSML. Good luck to Lucas though. That should be a great game over in region 25

Thanks!

Do you give NB any shot at all?
This Flyers can be had, just don't think it is this week. I hope they can win it all and represent, but if they make the finals and people get to see em on tv they will realize this is not the type of MSML you are used to seeing.

This Flyers can be had, just don't think it is this week. I hope they can win it all and represent, but if they make the finals and people get to see em on tv they will realize this is not the type of MSML you are used to seeing.
I'm with you. I think this thing is wide open.

I thought it was said that you were in da nile about some things.
You reading over my shoulder or something? I literally put something exactly like that and deleted it before I hit reply!

To further bloviate, Ive been to one of sources of the nile!

So...since MSML is playing another MAC team, it's ok for me to root against them this week? I think they will win. Probably by a touchdown plus. I wouldn't be sad if NB wins.

So...since MSML is playing another MAC team, it's ok for me to root against them this week? I think they will win. Probably by a touchdown plus. I wouldn't be sad if NB wins.
Yeah.
I give you permission!

Buuuut......MSML may give us the best chance at a title in 7!

NB will need to win the turnover battle by at least 3 to win this game.

Ain't happening.
ML 42
NB 7

The only pure running team to really give Marion fits over the years is Kirtland and Columbus Grove (Blaine Magg). I'm sure there are a couple more, but the sample size is small. They were able to do this because of their size up front and superior defense. All of those losses were by a combined 13 points 22-20 and 16-7 for Kirtland and something like 23-21 for Grove. Even with those horses these teams didn't score many points against the Marion D. That's why I cant see New Bremen pulling out a win unless they establish a pass game, they just don't have the same defense or big bodies Kirtland and Grove did to be able to keep the Flyers under 28. With that being said ML - 28 NB- 7.

The only pure running team to really give Marion fits over the years is Kirtland and Columbus Grove (Blaine Magg). I'm sure there are a couple more, but the sample size is small. They were able to do this because of their size up front and superior defense. All of those losses were by a combined 13 points 22-20 and 16-7 for Kirtland and something like 23-21 for Grove. Even with those horses these teams didn't score many points against the Marion D. That's why I cant see New Bremen pulling out a win unless they establish a pass game, they just don't have the same defense or big bodies Kirtland and Grove did to be able to keep the Flyers under 28. With that being said ML - 28 NB- 7.

Add 2013 Covington to that list, with Oullette.

I did not see the 97-00 DSJ teams, but of the ML opponents I have seen Oulette was the best running back. He almost singlehandedly beat Marion in the 13 playoffs.

I did not see the 97-00 DSJ teams, but of the ML opponents I have seen Oulette was the best running back. He almost singlehandedly beat Marion in the 13 playoffs.

I felt bad for Covington that year. Without question they would have gone on to win state if not for the Flyers. We were fortunate to escape with a win.

The only pure running team to really give Marion fits over the years is Kirtland and Columbus Grove (Blaine Magg).

Columbus Grove proved to be a bad match-up for the Flyers back then. Not just 2003, but in 2001 when MSML drilled everyone in the playoffs, I seem to recall Grove driving in Flyers territory and throwing an incomplete pass in the endzone as time expired. That was a close call. That was the state semis.

As for this game, I just don't think NB will be able to get it done on the ground against this defense. We'll see