Division VII - Region 28 Championship: Marion Local (10-2) vs. New Bremen (9-3)

Who wins?

• Marion Local by 15+

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Marion Local by 8-14

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • New Bremen by 1-7

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • New Bremen by 8-14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Bremen by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
You have to believe New Bremen is much improved, but not caught up to Marion Local, no?

Marion Local 35
New Bremen 34
3OT

I would love to see NB have a chance to join the Champions Club in MAC football, but it wont be this year with MSML in the way.
Flyers win going away.

If Anna can pull off a title this year, then 8 of the 10 MAC football schools will have won a state championship.

I really want to see New Bremen win this game because I think it'd be a better story. But I'm not an Idiot. New Bremen, what you accomplished this year has been remarkable and the rest of the league is very proud of you. Go out there and play your best and see what happens.

Marion Local 42
New Bremen 21

think this heads to St Marys or Sidney? sounds like this week at St Marys went pretty well. Sidney will get a bigger game i’d assume. New Bremen, you have had a heck of a year. go play this game like it’s your last and hope things go your way!

I think the winner of region 26 will have a say in this - don't sleep on Leipsic nor Patrick Henry!
Absolutely. I think may around the state just see MSML and believe they are the flyers if old.

This is a diff msml team. Offensively they don't do anything great. They are still strong defensvley and play the field position game.

FL had them last night. They should have beaten them but Marion is gonna Marion and I

Marion will start out sloppy after a hugely draining game against FL, but will slow the normally-potent NB running game way down on the way to a decisive 30-6 win.

New to making comments here. Have watched ML from afar for several years. Have read this forum for about a year. My unbiased, outsider's opinion: ML is a complete enigma. They defy all conventional wisdom and trends. In August, posters said "ML will go 5-5", "ML will miss the playoffs and not sniff the MAC title." Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It's clearly a heavy dose of both coaching and talent, but this year the coaching carried them. There's no explaining it from what I've seen. I guess until we all witness otherwise, they will always do more than anyone thinks possible or logical. To do otherwise truly is illogical. Are they fortunate to be in D-VII this year? Maybe. Would they lose in a best of 5 with Anna? FL? Maybe. But they're still alive. That's how it is. Just appreciate this unexplainable force of nature while it's here.

New to making comments here. Have watched ML from afar for several years. Have read this forum for about a year. My unbiased, outsider's opinion: ML is a complete enigma. They defy all conventional wisdom and trends. In August, posters said "ML will go 5-5", "ML will miss the playoffs and not sniff the MAC title." Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It's clearly a heavy dose of both coaching and talent, but this year the coaching carried them. There's no explaining it from what I've seen. I guess until we all witness otherwise, they will always do more than anyone thinks possible or logical. To do otherwise truly is illogical. Are they fortunate to be in D-VII this year? Maybe. Would they lose in a best of 5 with Anna? FL? Maybe. But they're still alive. That's how it is. Just appreciate this unexplainable force of nature while it's here.
ML has never lost to a DVII school. EVER.

Why are people surprised they are still alive?

But Marion under Goodwin lost in the playoffs six times in D-VI when that was the smallest division. DSJ in 99, 05, 09 - Hardin Northern in 02 - Columbus Grove in 03 - Minster in 10.

And the Flyers missed the playoffs entirely in 04. So ML has not been completely invincible against the smallest schools.

But Marion under Goodwin has lost in the playoffs six times in D-VI when that was the smallest division. DSJ in 99, 05, 09 - Hardin Northern in 02 - Columbus Grove in 03 - Minster in 10.

And the Flyers missed the playoffs entirely in 04. So ML is not invincible.
No one says they are.
They are just very very good and even thought Cramer built the program Goodwin has taken it to the next level.

(Sarcasm font for the middle point)

Indianpapa was suggesting they are.

But I do agree that Goodwin is still riding his predecessor’s coattails - Cramer’s influence has positively affected nearly an entire generation of ML teams!

But Marion under Goodwin lost in the playoffs six times in D-VI when that was the smallest division. DSJ in 99, 05, 09 - Hardin Northern in 02 - Columbus Grove in 03 - Minster in 10.

And the Flyers missed the playoffs entirely in 04. So ML has not been completely invincible against the smallest schools.
Yeah you don't get much smaller than HN.

Indianpapa was suggesting they are.

But I do agree that Goodwin is still riding his predecessor’s coattails - Cramer’s influence has positively affected nearly an entire generation of ML teams!
Not suggesting they are unbeatable. Just that no DVII school has ever beaten them. There isn't likely a DVII school left in the tournament realistically capable of beating them this year.

With all that, why is it a surprise they are still alive in the playoffs?