Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Use this thread to discuss your top ten voting for D7:

Vote Now - DVII

* Note - while not all teams will be playing this year, all teams are listed in their OHSAA football divisions. As the season progresses, this will be corrected.

1. Marion Local - Still hasnt been beat

2. Fort Loramie - CCC championship

3. Lima Central Catholic - R26 is very cut and dry

4. New Bremen - BIG one with Tigerball this week

5. Warren JFK - R25 is certainly interesting

6. Trimble - SE Ohio power continues to win.

7. Lucas - That was a good Shelby team. I feel sorry for Galion this week.

8. Arlington - They held their own against Liberty Benton. Couldn't pull it off but this is definitely a respectable team. LCC looms this week.

9. Calvert - Now Im starting to pull straws out of a hat.

10. Tri-Village - Realistically these guys aren't a top 10 team but I just dont trust many of the other 4-0/5-0 teams that are left over. They'll drop after this week.

Don't think that's the case this year. There's a few teams that I really believe that can knock them off.

Yep I agree. Seems like the Flyers' O-line isn't getting the push they normally do. The Flyers' defense as usual, will make it hard on any D7 offense. But there are a few teams that can knock them off this year.

Ah yeah n/m. Galion is going to get killed.
My fear of our pass defense being exposed came to reality. Wow. We have a couple kids who really have no business being on the field, on the field. Lucas needs to do some juggling in the secondary. We bottled up Fisher, but got smoked through the air. Shelby is going to make some BIG noise come playoff time. Congrats to the Whippets. Class act all the way. I'll be rooting for them big time.

1. ML - 0 losses EVER in D7. ZERO. EVER.
2. LCC - Looking like a possible favorite to win state. Super legit.
3. FL - May be their year in R28. Have to dethrone the champs.
4. JFK - Looking like a R25 showdown with Lucas is looming.
5. Lucas - Shut down Fisher (18 yards), but got smoked through the air. Shelby is a legit D4 final 4.
6. NB - If only they were in a different region. If only.
7. Arlington - Not a bad loss. LB is a high quality opponent. LCC this week. Ouch.
8. McDonald - Great win vs BCWR. I think these guys are pretty darn good.
9. Trimble - Still not convinced they are worthy of this list. Schedule is bunk.
10. Monroeville - 5-0 vs the Firelands is nothing to scoff at. BIG game this week.

Others: St. Henry, Norwalk St. Paul, Dalton, Perry, Tiffin Calvert, Hopewell-Loudon, Tri-Village

Last edited:
1. ML - 0 losses EVER in D7. ZERO. EVER.
2. LCC - Looking like a possible favorite to win state. Super legit.
3. FL - May be their year in R28. Have to dethrone the champs.
4. JFK - Looking like a R25 showdown with Lucas is looming.
5. Lucas - Shut down Fisher (18 yards), but got smoked through the air. Shelby is a legit D4 final 4.
6. NB - If only they were in a different region. If only.
7. Arlington - Not a bad loss. LB is a high quality opponent. LCC this week. Ouch.
8. McDonald - Great win vs BCWR. I think these guys are pretty darn good.
9. Trimble - Still not convinced they are worthy of this list. Schedule is bunk.
10. Monroeville - 5-0 vs the Firelands is nothing to scoff at. BIG game this week.

Others: St. Henry, Norwalk St. Paul, Dalton, Perry, Tiffin Calvert, Hopewell-Loudon, Tri-Village
Region 25 comes down to JFK vs Lucas. Winner of that game beats Trimble and reaches the State Final and then a tall task climbing ML or LCC

Region 25 comes down to JFK vs Lucas. Winner of that game beats Trimble and reaches the State Final and then a tall task climbing ML or LCC
Could not agree more. Trimble, IMO, is not that good. I have been on the SE Ohio Preps forum recently and their fans admit as much. They play a terribly weak schedule.

Could not agree more. Trimble, IMO, is not that good. I have been on the SE Ohio Preps forum recently and their fans admit as much. They play a terribly weak schedule.
This Region 25 vote is what Im interested in for seeding purposes for the playoffs.

Thank you. Did not realize that. Danville is playing well! Always keeping an eye on the Blue Devils. Congrats.
Getting better every week, young team. Qb is sophomore, leading rusher is junior, leading wr is sophomore.
Top 3 in tacklers are a sophomore, freshmen and a junior.

Have you guys ever played Howland? Hope you get through healthy.
Howland is a longtime rival of ours that we haven't played in varsity football in a few years. We play them regularly in all the other sports, including JH football. The schools are only about a couple miles apart. There is ALOT of animosity between us. The interesting thing about the game this year is some of our staff has coached there recently. We will be ready for this one.

Howland was our rival when I played at JFK.... My years we went 3wins to 1 loss against them. We were born and breed to hate Howland, its in our DNA. Rivalry stopped when Howland went up and JFK kept going down in divisions. Its a lose-lose for Howland really. I think its been 10 years or more since we played them last. But storied Rivalry for sure.......Covid aint so bad after all, got us playing Howland this year

And thats the issue, a Div III school whos line OL/DL will dominate us on the weight scales in lbs. Lets find out whos hearts bigger. Injuries could potentially become disastrous for JFK.

I watched the Lucas game on TV the other night. I know and understand that they were up against it with Shelby. I know Shelby is twice the size and 3 divisions up from Lucas, but I was not overly impressed with Lucas. Now I don't think there are a lot of d7 teams that would have competed with Shelby, there offensive line did a nice job and their qb/wr combo was good.

They struggled to cover the pass and were very one dimensional. They had 2 yards passing in the first half. They did complete some more in the second half, but I could see this really coming back to haunt them down the stretch against someone who is formable up front.

I watched the Lucas game on TV the other night. I know and understand that they were up against it with Shelby. I know Shelby is twice the size and 3 divisions up from Lucas, but I was not overly impressed with Lucas. Now I don't think there are a lot of d7 teams that would have competed with Shelby, there offensive line did a nice job and their qb/wr combo was good.

They struggled to cover the pass and were very one dimensional. They had 2 yards passing in the first half. They did complete some more in the second half, but I could see this really coming back to haunt them down the stretch against someone who is formable up front.
I agree. Our secondary is thin, we lost two All-Ohioans from last year's group and we have some kids out there now who have no business being on the field. Against the run, Lucas is as about as good as there is in D7. We held Owen Fisher to 18 yards. You are also correct in saying we are one dimensional. We are going to run until we are stopped. Sometimes, even after being stopped, we still run. It has worked for the most part, but against upper echelon D4s and the cream of the crop in D7, it is a tall order. We have to take the good with the bad. Having my son as QB on last year's squad was rough. All he did was pitch the ball to the RBs. He went to Ashland and was so far behind all the other QBs, he has already made the switch over to ILB.

Last edited:
And thats the issue, a Div III school whos line OL/DL will dominate us on the weight scales in lbs. Lets find out whos hearts bigger. Injuries could potentially become disastrous for JFK.
Hoping you guys come through unscathed! Shelby's OL and DL were too much for my Cubs. We couldn't get any pass rush and their QB just picked us apart.

I agree. Our secondary is thin, we lost two All-Ohioans from last year's group and we have some kids out there now who have no business being on the field. Against the run, Lucas is as about as good as there is in D7. We held Owen Fisher to 18 yards. You are also correct in saying we are one dimensional. We are going to run until we are stopped. Sometimes, even after being stopped, we still run. It has worked for the most part, but against upper echelon D4s and the cream of the crop in D7, it is a tall order. We have to take the good with the bad. Having my son as QB on last year's squad was rough. All he did was pitch the ball to the RBs. He went to Ashland and was so far behind all the other QBs, he has already made the switch over to ILB.

I understand you guys were outmanned and I am taking that into account. I was just expecting so much more. I don't want to sandbag or throw young kids under the bus, but I just wasn't impressed and didn't walk away saying....."wow this team is one of the best in the state"

I understand you guys were outmanned and I am taking that into account. I was just expecting so much more. I don't want to sandbag or throw young kids under the bus, but I just wasn't impressed and didn't walk away saying....."wow this team is one of the best in the state"
I understand. The proof is in the pudding. We are going to have to do better in our secondary. If we don't, we won't get to where we want to be.