Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 3)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Use this thread to discuss your top ten voting for D7:

Vote Now - DVII

* Note - while not all teams will be playing this year, all teams are listed in their OHSAA football divisions. As the season progresses, this will be corrected.

1T. Marion Local - I have to put them here until they are beaten but I will say 15 turnovers in 3 weeks makes them not as deserving of the #1 ranking. However, they are still great.

1T. Fort Loramie - Big game with 3-0 Covington this week

3. New Bremen - Big game with 3-0 Coldwater this week

4. Lucas - Holding steady

5. Lima Central Catholic - Gave up alot of points to an undefeated Liberty Benton team. Not surprised by the loss.

6. Warren JFK - Didnt forget you guys this time!

7. Arlington- Last week I said their game with McComb will tell me alot. Arlington beat McComb 35-8. Finish with 2-1 Leipsic, 3-0 Liberty Benton, and 2-1 Lima CC. Ouch!!

8. Dalton - good team

9. Trimble - Cant forget them. Their schedule hasn't told me much.

10. Tri-Village - will be 5-0 before becoming Loramie's sacrificial lamb in the Week 6 CCC Championship game unless Covington upsets FL.

11. Spencerville - beaten one quality opponent in Crestview. I just want to see them play Allen East and/or Columbus grove before christening them with a top 10 ranking.

12. Norwalk St. Paul - Certainly name recognition earns them a mention. I just don't trust their schedule to this point

13. Independence - still gauging them

14. Tiffin Calvert - wins are a combined 0-9.

Last edited:
LCC played with out 6 starters vs LB, including the starting QB because of covid restrictions.. I imagine several of those starters that were quarantined play on offense and defense.
So how long will they be quarantined? will they miss this weeks game as well?

Max Preps ranking after week 3. Not too bad. IMO, FL is too low and St. Henry is too high.
I get it though, Max Preps giving much deserved respect to the MAC.

1. ML
2. NB
3. St. Henry
4. Lucas
5. LCC
6. JFK
7. Arlington
8. Fort Loramie
9. Dalton
10. NSP

So how long will they be quarantined? will they miss this weeks game as well?
If the contact came in week two, they will miss this week as well. 14 days total. Lucas had 3 starters quarantined for weeks 1 & 2 for contact with a Lexington player at a scrimmage.

1) Marion Local - 15 TOs is alarming, but till they lose a D7 game, they will remain the top dog.
2T) Fort Loramie - Clocking folks every week, big test this coming week.
2T) Lima Central Catholic - Covid19 is the only thing derailing them. Ultra-talented group.
4) Lucas - Great MOAC win last week. 3-0 on the road so far. If they can beat D4 Shelby in week 5, watch out.
5) New Bremen - A loss to Coldwater this week and I am writing them off.
6) Arlington - One of the best D7 wins of the year so far vs McComb. Looking like they may represent R26.
7) Warren JFK - Lackluster showing last week. Need a good showing vs D5 Garfield.
8) Dalton - Good win vs Hillsdale, who is generally pretty tough.
9) Norwalk St. Paul - Super impressive win vs Crestview in week two. New London is pathetic.
10) Glouster Trimble - Great win week one, however, their conference is awful.

I wouldn't go that far now. A 4-2 New Bremen team will still challenge for the region. Will they win the region? That remains to be seen.
That is my point. In their region, I doubt they will be able to challenge:

ML - who generally gets better as the season progresses, and already beat them once (I believe even while losing the turnover battle).
LCC - who, when at full strength, is ultra-talented. Super good. Put a running clock on anyone in D7 not named ML, FL, NB, Lucas or JFK kinda good.
FL - who last season played ML to OT in the playoffs, and appears just as good, if not better, than last season.

But hey, that's why we play the games.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200914-181752_Chrome.jpg

Ap poll from today.

Lucas with a tune-up before the big one at WW Skiles.
Yup. A long haul, 30 west to 75 south. Lucas has played two D4s and a D5, all on the road. Friday we will see what they do vs D7. This Lucas defense is very fast. I am predicting a Lucas shutout at Troy Christian. 49-0.

Last edited:
1) Marion Local - 15 TOs is alarming, but till they lose a D7 game, they will remain the top dog.
2T) Fort Loramie - Clocking folks every week, big test this coming week.
2T) Lima Central Catholic - Covid19 is the only thing derailing them. Ultra-talented group.
4) Lucas - Great MOAC win last week. 3-0 on the road so far. If they can beat D4 Shelby in week 5, watch out.
5) New Bremen - A loss to Coldwater this week and I am writing them off.
6) Arlington - One of the best D7 wins of the year so far vs McComb. Looking like they may represent R26.
7) Warren JFK - Lackluster showing last week. Need a good showing vs D5 Garfield.
8) Dalton - Good win vs Hillsdale, who is generally pretty tough.
9) Norwalk St. Paul - Super impressive win vs Crestview in week two. New London is pathetic.
10) Glouster Trimble - Great win week one, however, their conference is awful.
Writing off New Bremen if they lose to the best team in DVI makes no sense.

New Bremen is still a top 5 DVII school.

Writing off New Bremen if they lose to the best team in DVI makes no sense.

New Bremen is still a top 5 DVII school.
If they get romped by CW, they need to drop. If they play them tough, you are right. We will find out.
BTW, I have them ranked #5. Lol.

You think they have a snowball's chance of getting out of R28?

If they get romped by CW, they need to drop. If they play them tough, you are right. We will find out.
BTW, I have them ranked #5. Lol.

You think they have a snowball's chance of getting out of R28?
They have a chance. They held their own against ML and I think they matchup well against FL. Until ML loses to a DVII school they are still the heavy favorites.

They have a chance. They held their own against ML and I think they matchup well against FL. Until ML loses to a DVII school they are still the heavy favorites.
I agree they have a chance. I just believe it to be very small. We shall see!

Yes, ML is the king, until dethroned.