Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (2019 Preseason)

Lucas and another team tried to join, to make it an even number, and got shut down. Not true?
It's been an even number(8) since mid 80s. It's the ideal 3 non-conference 7 conference game setup especially since the SMCC and Calvert series were solid over the years with an Elyria Catholic and/or Huron sprinkled into the mix.

It's been an even number(8) since mid 80s. It's the ideal 3 non-conference 7 conference game setup especially since the SMCC and Calvert series were solid over the years with an Elyria Catholic and/or Huron sprinkled into the mix.

A football conference with both NSP & Lucas would only give the conference more creditability, don't you think? Also, I don't think 10 teams would necessarily have to affect the 7 game conference schedule, would it? Would teams be obligated to play ALL the other conference teams yearly, or could they rotate it like the larger conferences do?

I know St. Paul has won the last 7 conference championships, the last 6 outright. This a factor?

Lucas has come a long way the last few years....it wasn't long ago they were nothing more than an after-thought in the football scene.

A football conference with both NSP & Lucas would only give the conference more creditability, don't you think? Also, I don't think 10 teams would necessarily have to affect the 7 game conference schedule, would it? Would teams be obligated to play ALL the other conference teams yearly, or could they rotate it like the larger conferences do?
Wouldn’t the N-10 fit Lucas better geographically? Also it’s called the N-10 and only has 8 schools.

Wouldn’t the N-10 fit Lucas better geographically? Also it’s called the N-10 and only has 8 schools.

I am sure they would join the N-10 if invited. As far as scheduling, we play everyone in the Firelands in every sport, every year. It only makes sense.

Looks good although still frustrating a couple of your tier ones wussed out playing a tier two.
My Updated D7 Regional Contenders (Winners in bold):

R25
TIER ONE - McDonald, Lucas, Warren JFK & Cuyahoga Heights
TIER TWO - Tuscarawas CC, Steubenville CC, Windham & South Central

R26
TIER ONE - McComb, Edgerton, Patrick Henry, Convoy Crestview, Leipsic, Pandora-Gilboa & Mohawk
TIER TWO - Norwalk St. Paul, Tiffin Calvert & Arlington

R27
TIER ONE - Harvest Prep, Shadyside & Newark Catholic
TIER TWO - Fisher Catholic, Berne Union & Waterford

R28
TIER ONE - Marion Local & Fort Loramie
TIER TWO - New Bremen, Antwerp, Tri-County North & Delphos St. Johns

Week 7: October 11th; Windham @ Berne Union

Was talking to people from Watterson and told them how lucky they are to face this msml team and not the ones of the last 15 years.

What sucks is everyone is going to use this as a baseline on small schools and the Mac playing way up. Same with Coldwater vs mount healthy. People will look at these impending Mac losses as a testament to that small cannot compete when in reality both squads are a shell of themselves from the last 20 years.
CW is hardly a "shell of itself".

Lucas has come a long way the last few years....it wasn't long ago they were nothing more than an after-thought in the football scene.

Early 90s were good, then went cold till 2000 (first playoff birth). Another cold spell followed until their second playoff birth in 2006. Then, as it used to go, another cold spell until the third birth in 2014. Haven't missed since, with two regional runner-ups. Looking for our 6th straight birth in 2019. These kids want a final four badly.

Was talking to people from Watterson and told them how lucky they are to face this msml team and not the ones of the last 15 years.

What sucks is everyone is going to use this as a baseline on small schools and the Mac playing way up. Same with Coldwater vs mount healthy. People will look at these impending Mac losses as a testament to that small cannot compete when in reality both squads are a shell of themselves from the last 20 years.
I can assure you no one thinks this way. Especially not after MSML whooped a Dayton C-J team that made D3 regional finals a few years ago.

I can assure you no one thinks this way. Especially not after MSML whooped a Dayton C-J team that made D3 regional finals a few years ago.

I don't care what they lost from last year. MSML and McComb should be considered the odds on favorites in D7. No question about it.

Thanks for the good words.
Of course. We look forward to playing the Cubs at beautiful Fulton Field. I have Lucas -20 right now, but this is an FC team that some people are overlooking. Not saying they’re state title contenders, but it’s a very solid D7 team — will win a game or two in R27. Good line, stable of playmakers and very fundamental.

Of course. We look forward to playing the Cubs at beautiful Fulton Field. I have Lucas -20 right now, but this is an FC team that some people are overlooking. Not saying they’re state title contenders, but it’s a very solid D7 team — will win a game or two in R27. Good line, stable of playmakers and very fundamental.
We are excited to come down. I have never been there. Recommendations on a spot to grab a bite/drink beforehand?

As for that game, your line seems reasonable. I respect your judgement and assessment of the teams. I look for it to be a good one. Could be tighter than that line if the Cubs don't come hungry. Could be a trap game for Lucas, seeing that FC is 1 of only 3 D7 teams (Danville, Steubenville CC) we play this season. We have you guys sandwiched in between D2 Columbus St. Charles and D6 Leavittsburg LaBrae. Ouch.

11 more days till we get this thing rolling! My favorite time of the year!

We are excited to come down. I have never been there. Recommendations on a spot to grab a bite/drink beforehand?

As for that game, your line seems reasonable. I respect your judgement and assessment of the teams. I look for it to be a good one. Could be tighter than that line if the Cubs don't come hungry. Could be a trap game for Lucas, seeing that FC is 1 of only 3 D7 teams (Danville, Steubenville CC) we play this season. We have you guys sandwiched in between D2 Columbus St. Charles and D6 Leavittsburg LaBrae. Ouch.

11 more days till we get this thing rolling! My favorite time of the year!
A part of what has me at that line is how unique the Lucas offense is and the level of discipline, focus and execution it takes to capitalize on it. The Cubs will get their points, but FC also will get some with how multi-dimensional their offense and strengths they play into. One “wild card”, if you will, is they get Lucas right after St. Charles. Not by any means saying that SC is a world-beater, but, that’s D7 playing against a “they-can-go-either-way” D2 in the second half of the season.

FC has speed, power, and skill. I know that they’re down a three of their best players already against the enigmatic D7 New Philly TCC because of injury, but worst case they’ll face Lucas at 5-2 and best case it’ll be 7-0.

As for places to eat... Lancaster HS is on the north side of Lancaster. The Fairview Inn (where you’ll see me and some of the stripes that night... LOL) has great beer prices and some killer home-cooked appetizers and sammie’s. Leave Richland County about 3:30-4:00, enjoy your trek down Route 13 through Knox and Licking Counties, watch the leaves turn color and tune into the nearby country and bluegrass stations. Come say “hey” about 5:45-6:00pm, I’ll get ya’s a domestic of your choice and I’ll later show you the best place to park. Fulton Field is awesome, and I guarantee you a better game than tOSU/Northwestern that night. FC is tougher in many ways than their round one game versus Trimble suggests that they are.

A part of what has me at that line is how unique the Lucas offense is and the level of discipline, focus and execution it takes to capitalize on it. The Cubs will get their points, but FC also will get some with how multi-dimensional their offense and strengths they play into. One “wild card”, if you will, is they get Lucas right after St. Charles. Not by any means saying that SC is a world-beater, but, that’s D7 playing against a “they-can-go-either-way” D2 in the second half of the season.

FC has speed, power, and skill. I know that they’re down a three of their best players already against the enigmatic D7 New Philly TCC because of injury, but worst case they’ll face Lucas at 5-2 and best case it’ll be 7-0.

As for places to eat... Lancaster HS is on the north side of Lancaster. The Fairview Inn (where you’ll see me and some of the stripes that night... LOL) has great beer prices and some killer home-cooked appetizers and sammie’s. Leave Richland County about 3:30-4:00, enjoy your trek down Route 13 through Knox and Licking Counties, watch the leaves turn color and tune into the nearby country and bluegrass stations. Come say “hey” about 5:45-6:00pm, I’ll get ya’s a domestic of your choice and I’ll later show you the best place to park. Fulton Field is awesome, and I guarantee you a better game than tOSU/Northwestern that night. FC is tougher in many ways than their round one game versus Trimble suggests that they are.

Sounds great! We will stop at The Fairview Inn pre-game for a beer and a bite. You'll have no problem finding me, our group will be the only people in there wearing Lucas gear. Lol. Look for us around 5:30 to 5:45 or so. Ask for Aaron Niswander. My son is a senior, #3 for Lucas, Logan Niswander, QB and All-Ohio safety.

Last edited:
No love for FC on Calpreps.com

I disagree with the rating. Centerburg should be the Cubs weakest opponent.

LUCAS SCHEDULE
8/30 @ Danville
9/6 @ Centerburg
9/13 Northmor (Galion)
9/20 Troy Christian (Troy)
9/27 @ Willard
10/4 Catholic Central (Steubenville)
10/11 St. Charles (Columbus)
10/18 @ Fisher Catholic (Lancaster)
10/25 @ LaBrae (Leavittsburg)
11/1 Lima Central Catholic (Lima)
Highest-Rated 2019 Regular Season Opponents:
Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (18.2), LaBrae (Leavittsburg) (7.3), Northmor (Galion) (5)
Lowest-Rated 2019 Regular Season Opponents:
Fisher Catholic (Lancaster) (-32.9), Centerburg (-27.1), Willard (-25.7)