Division VII Football Poll - Week 6 (10/07/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (5-1) (144) [10]
2 Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) (5-1) (121) [1]
3 McComb (McComb) (6-0) (108) [4]
4 Leipsic (Leipsic) (6-0) (81)
5 St Paul (Norwalk) (6-0) (74)
6 Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester) (5-1) (69) [1]
7 Patrick Henry (Hamler) (5-1) (51)
8 Lucas (Lucas) (5-1) (43)
9 New Miami (Hamilton) (6-0) (37) [1]
10 Cuyahoga Heights (Cuyahoga Heights) (4-1) (34)

Others - Edgerton (Edgerton) (5-1), New Bremen (New Bremen) (4-2), Wellsville (Wellsville) (5-1), Fisher Catholic (Lancaster) (5-1), John F Kennedy (Warren) (4-2)

I'll take Shadyside anywhere in the top 10. A close loss to Mogadore and a close loss to Wheeling, WV. Both formidable teams.

You sure do have allot of hate for New Miami. You must be very familiar with that program to be able to give them all of the negative attention.
No hate for anyone, any team or anything. My point is, we should use common sense when voting.

Cal Preps:

[2019] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 44, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 7

[2019] Fort Loramie (OH) 41, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 8

[2019] Harvest Prep (Canal Winchester, OH) 42, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 13

[2019] McComb (OH) 42, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 17

[2019] Patrick Henry (Hamler, OH) 42, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 17

[2019] Lucas (OH) 38, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 14

[2019] St. Paul (Norwalk, OH) 35, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 13

[2019] New Bremen (OH) 35, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 14

[2019] Leipsic (OH) 42, [2019] New Miami (Hamilton, OH) 21

Last edited:
I would say to keep an eye on Newark Catholic. They appear to be improving every week. They have an end of year schedule that if they can find a way to win key matchups, will signal they are for real.

I would say to keep an eye on Newark Catholic. They appear to be improving every week. They have an end of year schedule that if they can find a way to win key matchups, will signal they are for real.
Valid point. There schedule is TOUGH.

Toughest schedules in Division 7
1) Delphos St John's (1-5 D7 R28) 0.932
2) Maria Stein Marion Local (5-1 D7 R28) 0.906
3) New Bremen (4-2 D7 R28) 0.885
4) Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (5-1 D7 R27) 0.856
5) Newark Catholic (4-2 D7 R27) 0.840
6) Hamler Patrick Henry (5-1 D7 R26) 0.836
7) Warren John F Kennedy (4-2 D7 R25) 0.793
8) New Washington Buckeye Central (0-6 D7 R26) 0.763
9) Lucas (5-1 D7 R25) 0.754
10) Convoy Crestview (3-3 D7 R26) 0.754

You sure do have allot of hate for New Miami. You must be very familiar with that program to be able to give them all of the negative attention.

Its a matter of New Miami has not played anyone and when they do matchup with Marion Local or Fort Loramie they're going to be a 40+ point underdog. Two different caliber programs. You saw a glimpse of it last year when Loramie shutout New Miami 41-0. Their schedule looks even weaker this year than it did last year.

Its a matter of New Miami has not played anyone and when they do matchup with Marion Local or Fort Loramie they're going to be a 40+ point underdog. Two different caliber programs. You saw a glimpse of it last year when Loramie shutout New Miami 41-0. Their schedule looks even weaker this year than it did last year.
That was my point. NM is at LEAST a 3 TD underdog to 10 different teams and someone voted them #1.

Come on, guys! The poll has no validity when this occurs!

New Miami also kept New Bremen from making the post season...

New Miami also kept New Bremen from making the post season...
New Bremen kept New Bremen from making the post season. This isnt last season either. Everyone knows The Mac is top Dawg but you guys almost make these threads unbearable to read with all the ridicule. None of you actually know what that team has this season. Take it easy and let the season play out. Stop worrying about polls and points

New Bremen kept New Bremen from making the post season. This isnt last season either. Everyone knows The Mac is top Dawg but you guys almost make these threads unbearable to read with all the ridicule. None of you actually know what that team has this season. Take it easy and let the season play out. Stop worrying about polls and points

I think we all have a good idea what New Miami has. They have the 96th ranked schedule out of 106 teams in Division 7.

Their schedule is propped up currently by wins over two 4-2 teams.

Cincinnati College Prep who has yet to win a game against a team with a winning record.
Fayetteville who has 4 wins against teams with a W-L record of 2-20.

On the subject of last year, yes. New Bremen did keep themselves out of the playoffs. What StateChampion was getting at I believe, is that New Bremen was a much better team that would have been more worthy of a playoff spot due to the competition that they faced. New Miami is benefitting from running through a bunch of cupcakes on their way to a blowout playoff loss. Last year it screwed over New Bremen, this year it looks to screw over Fort Loramie or Marion Local (should NM win out and ML lose to Coldwater).

History clearly shows there's a select few teams who have dominated Division VII and this isn't going to change anytime soon.

I think we all have a good idea what New Miami has. They have the 96th ranked schedule out of 106 teams in Division 7.

Cincinnati College Prep who has yet to win a game against a team with a winning record.

On the subject of last year, yes. New Bremen did keep themselves out of the playoffs. What StateChampion was getting at I believe, is that New Bremen was a much better team that would have been more worthy of a playoff spot due to the competition that they faced. New Miami is benefitting from running through a bunch of cupcakes on their way to a blowout playoff loss. Last year it screwed over New Bremen, this year it looks to screw over Fort Loramie or Marion Local (should NM win out and ML lose to Coldwater).
All I need to see is the schedule and the scores. New Miami, even at 10-0, should be a 7 or 8 seed. Sadly, a one win DSJ squad would put up a better fight in the playoffs than NM. It is a hard truth, but still true.

For crissakes, the system is the system. No one is getting ‘screwed over’.

As for New Miami, no matter their strength of schedule, they’ve won all their games and deserve whatever accolades they’ve gotten. It’s incomprehensible to me that supposed adults will get on a website like this one and throw shade at a bunch of kids.

As for New Miami, no matter their strength of schedule, they’ve won all their games and deserve whatever accolades they’ve gotten. It’s incomprehensible to me that supposed adults will get on a website like this one and throw shade at a bunch of kids.
Shade at kids? Lol. That argument is tired and weak. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. This is about scheduling. Nothing more.

We are parents and grandparents. We love all kids. Knock that crap off.

In what possible way did you get that? Like dnis said, this is about scheduling. New Miami in the playoffs has never even scored a point having been outscored in two postseason appearances 83-0. What I'm getting at is they're going to benefit from a truly poor schedule and then get embarrassed in the playoffs. How does this help New Miami as a program?

If you don't like the conversation discussed here about schedules and state rankings then there are plenty of other forums to check out. Not once has anyone mentioned any kid or put a student down so knock the insinuations off that there is anything more here than discussion about seedings.

In what possible way did you get that? Like dnis said, this is about scheduling. New Miami in the playoffs has never even scored a point having been outscored in two postseason appearances 83-0. What I'm getting at is they're going to benefit from a truly poor schedule and then get embarrassed in the playoffs. How does this help New Miami as a program?

If you don't like the conversation discussed here about schedules and state rankings then there are plenty of other forums to check out. Not once has anyone mentioned any kid or put a student down so knock the insinuations off that there is anything more here than discussion about seedings.
This conversation turned into a classic example of what we are dealing with in today's society.

When losing an argument, label someone something nasty, even when it is not true, to discredit them. SMH.

Shade at kids? Lol. That argument is tired and weak. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. This is about scheduling. Nothing more.

We are parents and grandparents. We love all kids. Knock that crap off.

1. Definitely take Shadyside, JFK, New Bremen & Edgerton over New Miami, more than likely in a running clock situation.

2. Ridiculous part is that someone voted New Miami #1. Lmao. WTH.

3. That was my point. NM is at LEAST a 3 TD underdog to 10 different teams and someone voted them #1.

4. All I need to see is the schedule and the scores. New Miami, even at 10-0, should be a 7 or 8 seed. Sadly, a one win DSJ squad would put up a better fight in the playoffs than NM. It is a hard truth, but still true.

You either don't know what throwing shade means or you just got your feelings hurt by Serpico's post.. Your posts above all show that you feel that the NM kids doesn't deserve their ranking. You even threw in a couple of exclamation points in #3 to show how fired up you are that someone gave NM a #1 vote. You even claim to know how hard the NM kids will play in the playoffs. You are definitely an adult putting down kids from another school...which is pretty tired and weak!

1. Definitely take Shadyside, JFK, New Bremen & Edgerton over New Miami, more than likely in a running clock situation.

3. That was my point. NM is at LEAST a 3 TD underdog to 10 different teams and someone voted them #1.

4. All I need to see is the schedule and the scores. New Miami, even at 10-0, should be a 7 or 8 seed. Sadly, a one win DSJ squad would put up a better fight in the playoffs than NM. It is a hard truth, but still true.

You either don't know what throwing shade means or you just got your feelings hurt by Serpico's post.. Your posts above all show that you feel that the NM kids doesn't deserve their ranking. You even threw in a couple of exclamation points in #3 to show how fired up you are that someone gave NM a #1 vote. You even claim to know how hard the NM kids will play in the playoffs. You are definitely an adult putting down kids from another school...which is pretty tired and weak!

For heavens sake are we counting exclamation points now? He's stating a fact. New Miami has not shown up in the playoffs.

It was merely a conversation starter that some people apparently feel New Miami is more deserving of the #1 ranking over others teams such as Marion Local, McComb, etc.

Back to the topic, if New Bremen is able to take the next three games (all winnable) it would set up an enormous showdown in Week 10 against Minster.

See my last post. SMH.

Last 2 playoff appearances....0-83. What is so hard to understand? They are getting into the playoffs because of their SCHEDULE! Hello?

You think New Miami should be getting a #1 vote in D7? If the answer is no (which it 100% should be), then you are making my point!