Division VII Football Poll - Week 2 (09/09/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (1-1) (117) [3]
2 McComb (McComb) (2-0) (109) [4]
3 Arlington (Arlington) (2-0) (75) [2]
4 Patrick Henry (Hamler) (2-0) (69) [2]
5 Lucas (Lucas) (2-0) (66)
6 Edgerton (Edgerton) (2-0) (63)
7 St Paul (Norwalk) (2-0) (57) [2]
8 New Bremen (New Bremen) (2-0) (55)
9 Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) (1-1) (50) [2]
10 John F Kennedy (Warren) (2-0) (41) [2]

Others - Cuyahoga Heights (Cuyahoga Heights) (1-0), Cardinal Stritch Catholic (Oregon) (2-0), Mohawk (Sycamore) (2-0), Wellsville (Wellsville) (2-0), Leipsic (Leipsic) (2-0)

A ton of people on here LOVE Fort Loramie and Leipsic. Voting did not reflect it. Arlington vaulting up the polls!

Last edited:
Imagine thinking Cardinal Stritch is more worthy of a top ten vote than Shadyside. There are at least four teams in R27 that would “put the clock” on them, in my opinion.

No recognition for Louisville STA, still? They beat two larger schools that are coming off playoff appearances.

Last edited:
Loramie loses by 7 at Minster and falls hard in the polls.
Marion Local gets blown out by 24 and stays at number one...

I am not saying ML should fall, but I smell a double standard.

Probably not fair to Loramie, but Marion Local will naturally get more leeway especially in polls where a team's reputation from prior years precedes them. Losing to Minster in a close game is nothing to be ashamed of, but Marion Local hasn't lost to Minster since 2010. Loramie's record against Minster hasn't been stellar. That kinda stuff is in people's minds probably, even though prior years don't have much to do with 2019.

Probably not fair to Loramie, but Marion Local will naturally get more leeway especially in polls where a team's reputation from prior years precedes them. Losing to Minster in a close game is nothing to be ashamed of, but Marion Local hasn't lost to Minster since 2010. Loramie's record against Minster hasn't been stellar. That kinda stuff is in people's minds probably, even though prior years don't have much to do with 2019.
Exactly

Losing to D3 Watterson who has a pretty darn good QB (top QB in yardage in D3 until he was hurt last year), and the same team that beat a D1 school the week before isn't really a good comparison to teams that have played against D6 and D7 schools.

If any other D7 school played a D3 school with a QB that had a top pedigree and said D3 school just won against a D1 school, it wouldn't get held against the D7 school. In fact, I'm not sure most D7 schools would say a 24 point loss to Watterson is a "blow out". From all reports, ML self imploded. Signs of an inexperienced team against a bigger school. By all rights and means, I would say that ML will be favored in 4 of their next 5 games (Anna being the one I'm not sure about).

Would Bruns (last couple years) have kept it closer? Maybe. But I certainly wouldn't penalize a team for playing four divisions up against Bobby Hoying's son.

Losing to D3 Watterson who has a pretty darn good QB (top QB in yardage in D3 until he was hurt last year), and the same team that beat a D1 school the week before isn't really a good comparison to teams that have played against D6 and D7 schools.

If any other D7 school played a D3 school with a QB that had a top pedigree and said D3 school just won against a D1 school, it wouldn't get held against the D7 school. In fact, I'm not sure most D7 schools would say a 24 point loss to Watterson is a "blow out". From all reports, ML self imploded. Signs of an inexperienced team against a bigger school. By all rights and means, I would say that ML will be favored in 4 of their next 5 games (Anna being the one I'm not sure about).

Would Bruns (last couple years) have kept it closer? Maybe. But I certainly wouldn't penalize a team for playing four divisions up against Bobby Hoying's son.

As I said earlier, I am not saying ML should drop. I'm saying only one team is being penalized for a loss and its only off name recognition. I have nothing but respect for the MSML program and believe it to still be the favorite in Division 7. There is no way the other 8 teams are better than FL though.

Doesn't matter how close the game is, if the final score is a 24 point differential it definitely got away from one team down the stretch.

As I said earlier, I am not saying ML should drop. I'm saying only one team is being penalized for a loss and its only off name recognition. I have nothing but respect for the MSML program and believe it to still be the favorite in Division 7. There is no way the other 8 teams are better than FL though.

Doesn't matter how close the game is, if the final score is a 24 point differential it definitely got away from one team down the stretch.
I completely agree. Loramie should be in the top 5, in my early opinion. However, using D3 Watterson and Jacob Hoying as a measuring stick to compare to where Yappi members view other schools, isn't really a good comparison. Most D7 schools would feel pretty proud to be within 3 scores of Watterson.

That said, until Loramie gets over the hump (not very good against the MAC and fell hard against McComb last year), there will always be bias. And after losing 13 seniors but bringing back many of their best skill players, people do have a grasp of who this team is. Maybe a far better grasp than some other teams who had even bigger turnover.