Division VI State Championship: New Middletown Springfield (14-0) vs. Anna (13-1)

Who wins?

• Anna by 15+

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Anna by 8-14

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Anna by 1-7

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Springfield by 8-14

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Springfield by 15+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I know nothing about Springfield to really make an informed vote but Anna is on a mission. I dont suspect Anna will get rattled by the big stage and my early gut feeling is Anna becomes the 8th member of the Midwest Athletic Conference to win a state football championship.

Anna 35
NMS 22

I agree that the Rockets are on a mission and if qb Bixler is healthy they will be tough to beat.

By the numbers.
Springfield by 32.

These are all very close games until you get to Marion Local, the team who beat Anna. They got blown out by Bishop Waterson, then beat Anna by 3. My prediction this week was off by 2 points. Predicted a 30 point win by Springfield.
I think Youngstown area fans would agree that Springfield would have had there way with Ursuline. That shrinks this down to a more believable comparison.
63AB7718-3E8A-43DE-AD5D-9A025020E420.jpeg

Last edited:
By the numbers.
Springfield by 32.

These are all very close games until you get to Marion Local, the team who beat Anna. They got blown out by Bishop Waterson, then beat Anna by 3. My prediction this week was off by 2 points. Predicted a 30 point win by Springfield.
I think Youngstown area fans would agree that Springfield would have had there way with Ursuline. That shrinks this down to a more believable comparison.
View attachment 4988
I will gladly bet anything you want that Anna does not lose by 30.

LOL. No thanks. I’m just putting numbers out there. But I believe this game will be a much better game than a lot of MAC fans think.
I know nothing about Springfield other than they can’t be to shabby to make the state finals, with that being said I’ll take Anna by 10

LOL. No thanks. I’m just putting numbers out there. But I believe this game will be a much better game than a lot of MAC fans think.
Drew Pastuer has Springfield ranked just slightly behind Anna.

Should be a great game but in the end Anna is just to dominant up front and Huelskamp will rush for 250+ and 4 TD's.

How will Springfield stop this Anna ground game?

By the numbers.
Springfield by 32.

View attachment 4988

I think that is quite telling. You got to figure NM Springfield puts a running clock on both Marion Local and Anna. Fortunately the Flyers are in D7. Good luck to the Rockets!

Last edited:
By the numbers.
Springfield by 32.

View attachment 4988
enough with this...don't understand what this is....:) Anna Rolls!!

Feel free to sleep Springfield Local, but you better get used to seeing them....they will be in this game a lot in the upcoming years. The QB is (Beau) a sophomore and is a freak show. His father is the OC and former Poland head coach (88 -37) and led them to 9 straight playoff appearances. Prior to his tenure at Poland, they were not a very good program, dare I say...bad program. He changed the culture there. His collegiate career is remarkable also...https://www.ysusports.com/fan_zone/hof/bios/brungard-mark?view=bio. I've never seen Anna play, so I can't pretend to know what I don't. But, I don't think too many people from western Ohio know much about Mark Brungard...and his boys. But, they are going to find out.

As I say...coaching matters.