Division VI - Region 23 Championship: Anna (11-1) vs. Archbold (11-1)

Who wins?

• Anna by 15+

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Anna by 8-14

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Anna by 1-7

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Archbold by 1-7

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Archbold by 8-14

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Archbold by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Game day.
Now we can get all serious with what is going on.

When your team gets beat out there are two types of fans:
1. The ones like Gahanna Elite 14U baseball mom's who throw out F'Bombs to you and state you will get your arses beat the next game, and then show up to a game weeks later after their team is beat out the tournament and openly root against your team

...and.....

2. Those who support the team who knocked 'em out of the tournament and hope they win it all.

I am generally #2 so in that instance I would root for Archbold to win out.
BUUUT, well maybe there are three sort of fans, Anna is part of the MAC family. League allegiances trump the sort of fan described in #2. I would love to see another team from the league get that awesome experience and it join the growing list of champs.

I think Anna is the better team.

I'm with you on this. Generally a # 2 type fan, but in this case, also a # 3 type fan, pulling for a league mate Anna.

The only possible exception to being a type 2 fan that comes to mind might be when Marion Local played Newark Catholic in the playoffs some years back. Fortunately Marion won and it was week 15 so that choice did not need to be made, but I believe I would have had difficulty rooting for Newark after that game.

On a unrelated note, is anyone following this thread up on the Huelskamp kid's family history ? Just curious if his great Grandpa, or there about, might be Vic, or Clarence, or one of those Huelskamp boys that were raised on the farm just east of Maria Stein in the early 1900s ?

Last edited:
I can't say I'm that surprised by this result. Anna ate our front 7 on defense up and I felt the battle in the trenches between Archbold and Coldwater was a push.

Hope it was not anyone coming to the game but a wreck with a few ambulances by kewpee had fans arriving still with 3 min to go in half. Archbold was at the 12 but has a holding penalty Push back

I took off at 42-7 and Anna got the ball on an INT and sounded like they put in the backups.

Archbold really had zero resistance as evidence of 4 TD in less than 20 plays.

Up next vs a Mechanicsburg team that reportedly blasted them in a scrimmage. Looks like MSML is our only hope now.

WOSN is replaying this game at 11 pm...…...you can go to their website and I think you can stream it at that time too....

I'll go on record now and say IDT that the scoup n score pass was a lateral... Not that it matters much. Anna is heads n shoulders above everyone in reg 23. Very impressive

I'll go on record now and say IDT that the scoup n score pass was a lateral... Not that it matters much. Anna is heads n shoulders above everyone in reg 23. Very impressive
I could not tell where I was, but the non reaction by Archbold fans during and after the play led me to believe they didn't disagree. They were vocal on other calls, non calls as I feel if it was obvious they woulda went nuts

I could not tell where I was, but the non reaction by Archbold fans during and after the play led me to believe they didn't disagree. They were vocal on other calls, non calls as I feel if it was obvious they woulda went nuts
I agree.. they sat there quiet. I swear the ball was in front of receiver andthe ball was going sw... The QB did take a few steps fwd so idk.... I was wrong one other time when I thought i was mistaken.... But I wasn't ;)