Division VI Poll Voting Discussion (2019 Preseason)

Certainly hard to tell the first week of August. However, I think it is a safe bet that a MAC school will be a title contender. I'm not sure which one though.

REgion 23 is a BEAR..... Liberty Center, Archbold, the Mac Schools, LCC....HOLY COW!!! the OHSSA , what were you thinking?

All I know is they outta have the D6 title game in Columbus. Once Region 23 is decided, it's pretty much over. Liberty Center made Final Four in D5 last year and will be in bottom half of D6R23. IF they make it.

All I know is they outta have the D6 title game in Columbus. Once Region 23 is decided, it's pretty much over. Liberty Center made Final Four in D5 last year and will be in bottom half of D6R23. IF they make it.
what does the Liberty center team have coming back?

A good indicator of who might come out of Division 21 or 22 will happen this first game of the season, Mogadore - Norwayne, should be a good one.

A good indicator of who might come out of Division 21 or 22 will happen this first game of the season, Mogadore - Norwayne, should be a good one.
And then in Week 4 Mogadore plays Lima Central Catholic.

Mogadore has a murderer's row of an schedule, especially to start the season. They play 6 teams that made the playoffs last year (2 of which were in the regional finals), and 5 of their first 6 games are playoff teams from last year. If they even go 4-2 in those 6 playoff team games it will be a great test for getting the team ready for week 11-15.

Norwayne, Shadyside, Lima Central Catholic, Meadowbrook, Rootstown, Valley Christian....

It's funny that our only non-playoff team we play in the first 6 is a game that we have finally renewed our cross town rival in Field (schools are 4 miles apart). Haven't played Field since 2004, the last year we were in the same part of the league together. Rootstown recently has become Mogadore's biggest rival, but for about 3 decades Field/Mogadore was a HUGE game with the two schools knowing everyone that went there and hating each other.

Admittedly, Field is not good right now (went 1-9 last year and 0-10 the year before) but I am still glad this rivalry has been restarted. Maybe it will breathe some life back into the Field program that used to be pretty good.

Region 24 was a meatgrinder last year, this year only 3 of the teams that made the playoffs remain, the 3, 7 and 8 seeds. Last year region 21 was the same, teams were moved up or down in divisions, regions changed, I think Mogadore is the clear favorite in that region. Norwayne got moved to region 22 when OHSAA split a county (2 teams to region 21, 2 teams to region 22) something they don't usually do. Don't know anything about the teams in region 22. Norwayne opens the season with 3 teams that are typically in the state playoffs, Mogadore, Canton Central Catholic and Berlin Center Western Reserve, tough way to open the season.

Region 24 was a meatgrinder last year, this year only 3 of the teams that made the playoffs remain, the 3, 7 and 8 seeds. Last year region 21 was the same, teams were moved up or down in divisions, regions changed, I think Mogadore is the clear favorite in that region. Norwayne got moved to region 22 when OHSAA split a county (2 teams to region 21, 2 teams to region 22) something they don't usually do. Don't know anything about the teams in region 22. Norwayne opens the season with 3 teams that are typically in the state playoffs, Mogadore, Canton Central Catholic and Berlin Center Western Reserve, tough way to open the season.
that region 24 teams moved to region 23 plus adding Liberty Center and Archbold......I really don't think there is a tougher region in the state on the caliber of teams that are included in 23