Division VI Football Poll - Week 9 (10/28/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Anna (Anna) (8-1) (189) [10]
2 Coldwater (Coldwater) (8-1) (144) [1]
3 Minster (Minster) (8-1) (142) [2]
4 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (8-1) (103) [1]
5 Fort Frye (Beverly) (9-0) (90) [1]
6 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (8-1) (81) [3]
7 Trimble (Glouster) (9-0) (77) [2]
8 Archbold (Archbold) (8-1) (70) [1]
9 Springfield (New Middletown) (9-0) (69) [1]
10 Mogadore (Mogadore) (8-1) (63)

Others - Mechanicsburg (Mechanicsburg) (8-1), Southeastern (Chillicothe) (9-0), East Knox (Howard) (9-0), Covington (Covington) (7-2), Fairview (Sherwood) (8-1)

Mechanicsburg and Covington still getting little love. I believe both are top 5 or at minimum on the fringe of top 5

Mechanicsburg and Covington still getting little love. I believe both are top 5 or at minimum on the fringe of top 5
The main objective (no opinion) metric completely disagrees with you. Drew Pastuer’s has them at 12 and 16 respectively.

AP Poll:

DIVISION VI

1 Anna (12) 8-1 175
2 Coldwater (3) 8-1 146
3 NM Springfield (3) 9-0 136
4 Glouster Trimble (1) 9-0 107
5 Minster 8-1 105
6 Beverly Fort Frye (1) 9-0 91
7 Liberty Center 8-1 80
8 Mogadore 8-1 58
9 Lima Central Catholic 8-1 41
10 Howard East Knox 9-0 35

Others receiving 12 or more points: Mechanicsburg 34. Archbold 22. Chillicothe Southeastern 18.

AP Poll:

DIVISION VI

1 Anna (12) 8-1 175
2 Coldwater (3) 8-1 146
5 Minster 8-1 105
7 Liberty Center 8-1 80
8 Mogadore 8-1 58

Others receiving 12 or more points: Mechanicsburg 34. Archbold 22. Chillicothe Southeastern 18.
As a Mogadore fan, I can't ever give any credence to the AP poll for this reason.

Lima CC beat Mogadore fair and square (ended up being a close game, but definitely beat us), the schools have the same record, and they rank Mogadore above LCC.

I can understand Drew Pastuer's site as it is all metrics like strength of schedule, how "well" you win vs expectations, etc. But the AP reporters are supposed to actually look at the actual played games and results. They did for Anna and Coldwater, why not LCC and Mogadore.

As a Mogadore fan, I can't ever give any credence to the AP poll for this reason.

Lima CC beat Mogadore fair and square (ended up being a close game, but definitely beat us), the schools have the same record, and they rank Mogadore above LCC.

I can understand Drew Pastuer's site as it is all metrics like strength of schedule, how "well" you win vs expectations, etc. But the AP reporters are supposed to actually look at the actual played games and results. They did for Anna and Coldwater, why not LCC and Mogadore.

Who does Mogadore want to avoid until regional finals ? Springfield , Fort Frye , Or Trimble?

Who does Mogadore want to avoid until regional finals ? Springfield , Fort Frye , Or Trimble?
To be honest we don’t care. All 3 are good teams, after having to deal with Kirtland the last 4 or 5 years I don’t think they are really going to get really “anxious” about anyone in the region.

For whatever it’s worth Calpreps has Fort Frye as the best team in the region and Drew Pasteur has Springfield as the favorite.

No one is really touting Mogadore as the favorite.

AP Poll:

DIVISION VI

1 Anna (12) 8-1 175
2 Coldwater (3) 8-1 146
5 Minster 8-1 105
7 Liberty Center 8-1 80
8 Mogadore 8-1 58

so who are the three voters that gave Coldwater 3 first place votes after getting dominated by Anna? what does Anna have to do to get those three votes from those clueless dudes?

Does Sherwood Fairview have any shot at making some noise in Region 23? I saw they had a good run last year but region 23 appears to be a different beast. Just curious, it appears they will likely face one of the top teams in the state in week 11.

Does Sherwood Fairview have any shot at making some noise in Region 23? I saw they had a good run last year but region 23 appears to be a different beast. Just curious, it appears they will likely face one of the top teams in the state in week 11.
With CW, Anna, Minster, and LCC, that's going to be an ugly region to get through

They are a good team. Had a very even scrimmage with Liberty Center early in the year and I believe their top QB didn't even play. Two things that could hold them back: 1. the fact they might have to travel to Lima first round and play a team that can match their athleticism and has played a wide variety of tough teams. 2. the GMC is down this year and the latter part of their schedule has been running clocks in most games

This region is insane. Fairview is very tough and its crazy they barely sneak in the playoffs in this region. Playoffs are gonna be awesome

I am not a conspiracy guy but I find it odd that Minster, Coldwater and Anna all are in that NW region.

CW has gone both north and south over the years. Anna should be SW most years and was told Minster generally goes south as well.

To be honest we don’t care. All 3 are good teams, after having to deal with Kirtland the last 4 or 5 years I don’t think they are really going to get really “anxious” about anyone in the region.

For whatever it’s worth Calpreps has Fort Frye as the best team in the region and Drew Pasteur has Springfield as the favorite.

No one is really touting Mogadore as the favorite.

Yea I’m from Fort Frye we played Kirtland tough last year but they’ve handled us when we matchup with them on playoffs. Fort returned 8 on defense and 7 on offense from last years final 4 team.

Trimble returns a ton from last years D7 finalist. They have only allowed 6 points all year. The league they play in is just bad.

Moggy lost a ton from last year but seemed to be really good. Last year only lost to Kirtland by 7.

Yea I’m from Fort Frye we played Kirtland tough last year but they’ve handled us when we matchup with them on playoffs. Fort returned 8 on defense and 7 on offense from last years final 4 team.

Trimble returns a ton from last years D7 finalist. They have only allowed 6 points all year. The league they play in is just bad.

Moggy lost a ton from last year but seemed to be really good. Last year only lost to Kirtland by 7.
Last 2 years Mogadore had Kirtland beat and messed it up. Last year Mogadore was winning with less than a minute left and lost by 6. The year before Mogadore was down 6 and had driven down to a 1st and goal inside Kirtland’s 5 with less than 2 min left...and fumbled.

Last season there was only 1 team in the state that played Kirtland to a 1 score game, and it wasn’t Marion Local, it was Mogadore.
The significant change from those two Mogadore teams and this year is at QB. The defense is just as good or better, the WRs and RBs are just as good or better, and while the QB this year has come a long way since week 1, he probably isn’t as good as the QB from the last two years. Will the other positions being slightly better make up for it? Who knows, we won’t know until week 12+.

Very interested in this region/ division. VI.

I think Southern is a Sleeper.
I also think New Middletown Springfield can make some noise.
It’s gonna be fun watching the Northeast Region play out. Since I have no dog in the fight.
The game is won or lost on the field.
I expect a lot of close games.

My Favorites:New Middletown Springfield/Fort Frye
Dark horse: Southern Local
Perennial fav: Mogadore

I am not a conspiracy guy but I find it odd that Minster, Coldwater and Anna all are in that NW region.

CW has gone both north and south over the years. Anna should be SW most years and was told Minster generally goes south as well.

Division 6 regions this year are a joke. In region 22 there's 4 teams that could finish with a losing or .500 record and still in playoff contention, while a 10-0 team and several 7-3 teams could all miss out in 23

Covington is definitely not top 5. They are maybe, maybe 10th. Don’t know a whole lot about mechanicsburg I know they are pretty solid as well but not top 5

Covington is definitely not top 5. They are maybe, maybe 10th. Don’t know a whole lot about mechanicsburg I know they are pretty solid as well but not top 5
Burg spent some time with 2 of the top five this summer. At that time I think their competitors would’ve said they belong. Can’t believe you beat a 6-2 team 52-0 and move down on both Yappi and AP...... but it’s just a poll.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: