Division V State Semifinal: West Jefferson (12-1) vs. Ironton (12-1)

Who wins?

• West Jefferson by 15+

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • West Jefferson by 8-14

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • West Jefferson by 1-7

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Ironton by 1-7

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Ironton by 8-14

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Ironton by 15+

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WJ simply got bullied tonight against a tougher, more physical, team that did not take no for an answer. WJ could not answer the size & speed combination that Ironton brought to the house tonight. Ironton’s stud had a great game but they had several kids who really played well tonight including their trench kids. An overall great team effort. Ironton did to WJ what WJ did to teams all year...::including some nasty playoff wins.......made teams uncomfortable!!!!!

If WJ wants to win these types of games, they need to get a bit more “hardcore” WJ has been deep in the playoffs now several years and that is the final key to get over the hump.

Ironton was very hardcore tonight and their kids played with an extra level of passion and attitude that WJ could not match for the entire game.

Overall a really really good season for WJ, but not satisfied until another state title is back at WJ. That should be one of the goals of every WJ season........that is just having a championship mentality.

No, both JV teams played a lot this season.
Ironton just didn’t want WJ to get the ball back and score again, which I didn’t blame them on that one.

We had a running clock with our JV in and WJ left their starters in to make sure Jones got his 100yds and score a garbage td. So irontons punter ran a fake to get the 1st down,So we could continue to run the clock out. Great season WJ and Go Tigers!

T
Another state semi loss but a great season for sure!
Gabe still for sure Mr. Football hands down!
A lot of accolades goes to a lot of players on this team for the success it had this season.
Ironton a great team that was well prepared and WJ not as much.
Should be a great game next week!
I’m sure I’ll have more to say later!
Man, be glad we had another chance in the State Semi's.. People in WJ just seem to expect season's like this, you should appreciate the time the coaches and players put in. I disagree about being prepared, Ironton was the better team on Saturday night. They deserve the win, but to say our boys weren't prepared is an insult! These boys played hard and gave it all they could for 3 hard fought quarters. In the end, Ironton wore them down and proved they were the better team. Don't criticize coaching or the boys effort! I am a Rider and support our Team, win or lose! I never post but felt the need to speak up. SO Go Riders! Till next year.....

That’s a big tone change. Because you sure did spat that mouth off before you had to much of a clue to what West Jefferson has. I can promise you, Ironton hasn’t faced an offense as physical as West Jeff’s this season.
"I can promise you, Ironton hasn’t faced an offense as physical as West Jeff’s this season." For real? LOL, I thought West Jefferson was weak on both sides of the ball. You guys got a taste of what physical football is against the Tigers. Better hit the weight room hard offseason.
That’s a big tone change. Because you sure did spat that mouth off before you had to much of a clue to what West Jefferson has. I can promise you, Ironton hasn’t faced an offense as physical as West Jeff’s this season.

You need to thank about this weekend's game, instead of worrying about last weekend's game, it's over time to move on

So you thank you can tell me what to thank about, huh? You won't have any luck with that, so just don't respond to me. ;)

Hey thavoice - ole hamburger or hamchuck makes you tolerable as well. Hamchuck would be the guy who wears a Browns Miles Garrett jersey to this past Sunday’s Steelers-Browns game and wonder why he’s being cussed out and getting beer thrown on him.

How’s the MAC D5 schools looking for 2020? Ironton should be one of the favorites in 2020, they were fairly young and the OSU recruit is only a junior. WJ loses the oline and rb (14 seniors total) but they have good numbers in the lower grades and the jv’s were 9-0, WJ will be fine.

Hey thavoice - ole hamburger or hamchuck makes you tolerable as well. Hamchuck would be the guy who wears a Browns Miles Garrett jersey to this past Sunday’s Steelers-Browns game and wonder why he’s being cussed out and getting beer thrown on him.

How’s the MAC D5 schools looking for 2020? Ironton should be one of the favorites in 2020, they were fairly young and the OSU recruit is only a junior. WJ loses the oline and rb (14 seniors total) but they have good numbers in the lower grades and the jv’s were 9-0, WJ will be fine.
Saw a few 95 jerseys at the game yesterday but didn't see anyone dishijg out any garage.

Not sure if we will have any D5 playoff teams. CB has pushed a lot of our schools down as not may kids seem to want to OE and play football , most ahletss in our area too proud to jump ship.
Anna will be way down and miss the playoffs next year. Msml has to be better as this is the least athletic fluer team in a decade or so. CW, depends on what they can get out of the next QB. Minster.. may be okay but all these schools are piddly smaller achools

WJ -OSU-STEELERS I don't give a F about the Browns or the Steelers, so you wouldn't catch me in either of those rags. Nice try though WJ.
I don't watch NFL any more, gave em up and don't miss it at all. Buckeyes and HS for me.

Last edited:
Well, Ive stayed off this site for a minute now but here is my take, Ironton was the more physical better team, enough said. Cant deny the Riders fought very hard.